Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:59 am

Post by Lowell »

Well damn. Good job I guess. Sorry town.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:01 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

*high fives scum buddy*

Way to go Twomz! you survived quite a few days and nights by yourself, very impressive :D
The end justifies the means.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:04 am

Post by Twomz »

Eh, I only get lynched if i'm town or there's no other possible choice. I've always wondered why... (the other (2) games that i've been scum i was lynched because everyone else was more cleared than me (i was gfer w/ innocent investigation on me) and nked (both my other partners were newbs and got lynched fast, i was actually hoping to throw both of them under the bus, because i'd get a second kill in a couple of nights....)

Oh well, w/e. So that brings my tally up to... 2 times starting scum, 1 time recruited to scum, and 1 time was recruit, but didn't get recruited :D. (out of... 30-40 games)
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Hop Shui
Hop Shui
Goon
Hop Shui
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:12 am

Post by Hop Shui »

The Maoists won!

O Mao, Great Red Sun of our hearts, you are victorious!

More coming in a few hours...
Long live Mao!
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:02 pm

Post by Coron »

*slams head on desk* once again. You guys fuck up. And before I die I give you a thing that shows you who the scum are. This time my vote.

Phail.

I admit I couldn't help being lynched dispite my Hella good voting record(which somewhat suprises me, I guess town messed that one up too...)

Seriously guys, we had this game so frickin won it's not funny.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:05 pm

Post by Thok »

Coron wrote:*slams head on desk* once again. You guys fuck up. And before I die I give you a thing that shows you who the scum are. This time my vote.

Phail.

I admit I couldn't help being lynched dispite my Hella good voting record(which somewhat suprises me, I guess town messed that one up too...)

Seriously guys, we had this game so frickin won it's not funny.
I don't think your lynch was stupid. (Although in retrospect I should have pushed more on Twomz that day.)

I do think the BJ lynch was incredibly dumb, and I think that Lowell was way too hasty with his vote in a lynch or lose situation.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:10 pm

Post by Glork »

Five days, five scumlynches, and I led three of them almost singlehandedly.... yet the wrong result, once again.

I'd really like to see the setup on this one. I'm aware that the Maoists had some recruiting troubles, but the fact that the recruited Vigilante got to keep his killing ability really bothered me... especially conisdering there were TWO recruiters in the game. The town lynched 7 scum and had 5 mislynches... and yet they lost? I'm very, very interested to know how the rules/mechanics worked out, because I felt that the town was at a distinct disadvantage.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:11 pm

Post by Coron »

No, my defence was pretty solid. I made some reasonable accusations of Twomz and set my vote there. You guys lynched me on the misewell principle I guess, because we totally had the game won.

Then you guys went on and lynched the practically-confirmed BJ. I really do not know what was thought there. If you could fill me in it would be apreciated.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:33 pm

Post by Twomz »

Yeah, and i didn't even vote for him, that was ALL the town.

I didn't expect this to go on for as long as it did, and i especially didn't expect to win w/ NINE MASONS (majorly overpowered town ;)).

Why did y'all lynch BJ again? I was hoping for a vismajor lynch yesterday, then pushing for BJ today... but I got the opposite... hm.

The town played well at the beginning... but I think the game was just so large that people didn't give it enough attention, so mistakes were made at the end (although i said otherwise, this was what i was hoping for in the end... and to some extent... it worked).
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:41 pm

Post by Glork »

Overpowered? ...not when three of the masons (one in each group) were recruitable. Even if one is recruited, that means Recruit + Lynch the Recruit is effectively a mislynch. Scum were still getting 2 kills/night until the Converted-Vig (which I really can't get over) was lynched.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:58 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, honestly, if anything, i think the scum was overpowered. After several scum mistakes, including mine, the town lynched one of us almost every single day for quite a while. It required a lot of skill for Twomz to come back and win after all that, he played very well, but honestly, it was only possible for us scum to get that many of us lynched that early and still win becuase our kill/recruit powers were kind of crazy.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:33 pm

Post by mystery meat of doom »

Boo to the last day. On a happy note I did block the backup SK on his first night.
Buy mystery meat.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:45 pm

Post by Tamuz »

I want to know why Pooky never talked to me at night which led to my questioning of his legitimacy.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:35 pm

Post by mystery meat of doom »

We should've won on this day. Apparently Vismaior managed to clear himself.
Buy mystery meat.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:44 pm

Post by Thok »

Yosarian2 wrote:Yeah, honestly, if anything, i think the scum was overpowered. After several scum mistakes, including mine, the town lynched one of us almost every single day for quite a while. It required a lot of skill for Twomz to come back and win after all that, he played very well, but honestly, it was only possible for us scum to get that many of us lynched that early and still win becuase our kill/recruit powers were kind of crazy.
Given the theme, I don't mind that this game is unbalanced. I mean, it's not like the Cultural Revolution should be anything but a violent bloodbath.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:57 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Lowell, next time, please READ. And, I prooved that Im innocent. just read the post again! Better luck next time.
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:08 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Ok seiously, was there a fault in my logic where i prooved myself? Or did you just not read it at all?
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:14 pm

Post by VisMaior »

There is this ambivalent feeling, I feel like I want to rant, RANT!, OTOH I want to be nice to a newbie person who just lost me another game. im going to explode!
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:19 pm

Post by VisMaior »

I think I need a break from MS. :(
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:04 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

with all the propaganda, brainwahing, etc. I think it makes sense that some people will be recruited and still have their powers like what happened with me being a scum vig.
The end justifies the means.
Hop Shui
Hop Shui
Goon
Hop Shui
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:48 am

Post by Hop Shui »

Maoists and other scum:

malker - Mao Zedong, SK
You are . You are a self-indulgent, paranoid despot only concerned with your own power and glory. You like good food, plenty of women, and care not about how many peasants died yesterday or will die tomorrow.

At night, the Maoists are free to speak to you and plot ways to purge the People of anti-Mao elements, real or imagined. HOWEVER, you are never to speak to anyone at night. You will not reply.

You are immune to investigations. You will turn up innocent.

You are the Serial Killer. You win if you are the last man standing.
Y - Maoist - Elite Red Guard Recruiter
You are Lin Biao's, Mao's trusted henchman. You are the architect of Mao's
personality cult. As such, you have the power to recruit ordinary People to become sadistic, anarchist, Mao-worshipping Red Guards.

At night, the Maoists are free to speak to each other and plot ways to purge the People of anti-Mao elements, real or imagined.

As the architect of Mao's personality cult, you can invite someone to join the Red Guards every night.

You will not know whether they accept or refuse.

You are a Recruiter. Every night, each Red Guard will send in a name, which is a suggestion of which player to kill that night. The Maoists must select one, and only one, of the names. That player will be killed that night.
SOS - Yunan Red Guard Recruiter
You are Nie Yanzi, famous writer of "big character posters" firing up the
People to join the sadistic, anarchist, Mao-worshipping Red Guards.

At night, the Maoists are free to speak to each other and plot ways to purge the People of anti-Mao elements, real or imagined.

You can invite someone to join the Red Guards every night. You will not know whether they accept or refuse.

You are a Recruiter. When you recruit someone, they become a Red Guard. Every night, each Red Guard will send in a name, which is a suggestion of which player to kill that night. The Maoists must select one, and only one, of the names. That player will be killed that night.

Pug89 - Maoist - becomes SK if widowed.
You are Mao's famously venomous wife. You are a persecution zealot, and paranoid to boot. You denounce all forms of culture.

If Mao dies before you, you will become a Serial Killer. You will win if you are the last woman standing.
Yosarian2 - Maoist - Doctor
You are Mao's trusted doctor. At night, you may administer medicine that
protects Mao or one of his cronies against the lynching furor of the People.

Every night you can protect one Maoist from a night-kill.

You actually didn't like Mao at all, you later wrote a book about your experiences. Therefore, you are immune to investigations. You will turn up innocent.
Long live Mao!
Hop Shui
Hop Shui
Goon
Hop Shui
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:52 am

Post by Hop Shui »

The recruits:

Fritzler - Sends messages at night.
You are Wi Wu. You were studying Foreign Languages at Beijing University when all classes were cancelled, and you were re-located to the poorest countryside for re-education. You are living with peasants that don't trust you, anymore than you trust them. They have no
food themselves, they are starving, and they deeply resent having another mouth to fed forced upon them when there is no rice for their own children, thanks to Mao's disastrous agricultural policies. As a result, the peasant punish you by forcing you to carry buckets of manure to
the field until you just about die of exhaustion.

You have been assigned to carry buckets of manure. Every night, you may select someone to receive a bucket of manure.
You can hide a short message of 10 words of less for the recipient.
Machiavellian-Mafia/TSAGod - Co-Vig Miller
Once Mao's #2 man, you are deeply troubled by the famine that his crazy
ideas have imposed upon the People. You saw the horrific sufferings that he helped create, and you had to find a way to stop him. You understand the deep hatred of the People for the Maoists. You once sobbed publicly as you apologized to villagers.

You were once supposed to give a speech praising Mao, a speech he himself had approved of. However, you took him by surprise, and read a speech that was critical of him.

As a sworn, public ennemy of Mao, you will turn up guilty if investigated.

At night, you may conspire with your wife to select someone to eliminate, as a revenge for the ordeal Mao put your through.

If you are investigated, you will come up guilty, because the Maoist have fabricated false evidence against you.
Twomz - Peasant
You are a Peasant.
Long live Mao!
Hop Shui
Hop Shui
Goon
Hop Shui
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:58 am

Post by Hop Shui »

viper0933-igota75 - Barefoot Doctor 50% success, 50% kill
You are Qiaoshan Huang. As a direct result of the disastrous policies of the "Great Leap Forward" the people in your village are starving and in very poor health. Having to eat grass and rice stalks has left them emaciated, and suffering from deadly dysentery. Because there are so few doctors around, Mao had the brilliant idea to give some select villagers are few weeks' training to become "barefoot doctors."

Every night, you can protect someone - but having little medical training, you may do more harm than good, especially if you misdiagnose.
BabyJesus - Barefoot Doctor 50% success
You are Niu Zhisheng. As a direct result of the disastrous policies
of the "Great Leap Forward" the people in your village are starving and in very poor health. Having to eat grass and rice stalks has left them emaciated, and suffering from deadly dysentery. Because there are so few doctors around, Mao had the brilliant idea to give some select villagers are few weeks' training to become "barefoot doctors."
Lowell/AbbeyGargoyle/feuerdrache - Li Mason Group - cannot be recruited.
You are 30 yr-old Haifeng Li. Your mother was pregnant with you during
the Long March when Mao led his starving, motley Red Army run around in circles while he was scheming to crush his personal enemies and jockeying for further power and privileges for himself. She gave birth to you by the roadside, and like Mao's wife, dhe had to abandon her baby to complete strangers on the road. She died a few days later of puerperal fever. You were amongst the very few children that were abandoned and survived. You owe your life to Peixuan Li (Treigit) your widowed adoptive father and your mother, Shaolin Li (Vaughn)

As a result of your mother's ordeal, and your own, you cannot be recruited by the Red Guards.

At night, when the Maoists are sleeping, and under the cover of darkness, you can whisper your true feelings to your trusted family members.
Vaughn - Li Mason Group - cannot be recruited.
Haifeng Li's mother, your biological grandmother, was pregnant with him during the Long March when Mao led his starving, motley Red Army run around in circles while he was scheming to crush his personal enemies and jockeying for further power and privileges for himself. She gave birth to you by the roadside, and like Mao's wife, she had to abandon her baby to complete strangers on the road. That stranger was Peixuan Li, who was already widowed and without a son. Haifeng's mother died a few days later of puerperal fever. Haifeng was amongst the very few children that were abandoned and survived.

As a result of the ordeals endured by your loved ones under Mao's rule, you cannot be recruited by the Red Guards. You have heard too many horror stories.

At night, when the Maoists are sleeping, and under the cover of darkness, you can whisper your true feelings to your trusted family members.
Treigit - Ameliaslay - Li Mason Group - cannot be recruited.
You are Peixuan Li, widow, and adoptive father of Haifeng Li (Vaughn) who now has a beloved son, Shaolin Li (feuerdrache) that you consider your own flesh and blood.

Haifeng Li's mother was pregnant with him during the Long March when Mao led his starving, motley Red Army run around in circles while he
was scheming to crush his personal enemies and jockeying for further power and privileges for himself. She gave birth to him by the roadside, and like Mao's wife, she had to abandon her baby to complete strangers on the road. That stranger was you, who was already widowed and without a son. Haifeng's mother died a few days later of puerperal fever. Haifeng was amongst the very few children that were abandoned and survived. He has been devoted to you more than your own son would have been.

As a result of the ordeals endured by your loved ones under Mao's rule, you cannot be recruited by the Red Guards.

Long live Mao!
Hop Shui
Hop Shui
Goon
Hop Shui
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:01 am

Post by Hop Shui »

Cogito Ergo Sum - Chen Mason Group
You are Xiaohong Chen, wife of Ding Chen (Glork), and mother of 14 yr-old Ching-Hua Chen (Vismaior).

Your daughter's school has been cancelled, and she is being fed increasingly violent Maoist propaganda in the derelict school building.
You fear that she will join the Red Guards.

If your daughter joins the Red Guards, she will never speak to you again.

VisMaior - Chen Mason Group
You are 14 yr-old Ching-Hua Chen. Your mother is Xiaohong Chen (Cogito Ergo Sum), and your father Ding Chen (Glork)

Your school has been cancelled, the teachers fired and humiliated, and you are being fed increasingly violent Maoist propaganda in the derelict school building. It is beginning to make a lot of sense to you, and you carry Mao's Little Red Book wherever you go.

Glork - Chen Mason Group
You are Ding Chen, husband of Xiaohong Chen (Cogito Ergo Sum), and father of 14 yr-old Ching-Hua Chen (Vismaior).

Your daughter's school has been cancelled, and she is being fed increasingly violent Maoist propaganda in the derelict school building. If your daughter joins the Red Guards, she will never speak to you again.

Long live Mao!
Hop Shui
Hop Shui
Goon
Hop Shui
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:03 am

Post by Hop Shui »

Zindaras/LoudMouthLee - Guo Mason Group
You are Shanshan Guo, daughter of Weihua Guo (Tamuz), and sister of 16 yr-old Tsuhan Guo (PookyTheMagicalBear).

Your father was publicly humiliated, tortured and hanged for criticizing Mao during the "Hundred Flowers" period where Mao encouraged people to speak out, only to have them purged (jailed or executed) later.

Your school has been cancelled, and you are being fed increasingly violent Maoist propaganda in the derelict school building.

Tamuz - Guo Mason Group
You are Weihua Guo, widow of Yuejin Guo, and mother of the pretty 14 yr-old Shanshan Guo (LoudMouthLee) and the studious 16 yr-old Tsuhan Guo (PookyTheMagicalBear).

Your husband was publicly humiliated, tortured and hanged for criticizing Mao during the "Hundred Flowers" period where Mao encouraged people to speak out, only to have them purged (jailed or executed) later.

Your children's school has been cancelled, and they are being fed increasingly violent Maoist propaganda in the derelict school building. You know that if they are recruited by the Red Guards, they will never speak to you again.

PookyTheMagicalBear - Guo Mason Group
You are 16 yr-old Ching-Hua Chen. Your mother is Weihua Guo (Tamuz), and your sister is Shanshan Guo (LoudMouthLee)

Your father was publicly humiliated, tortured and hanged for criticizing Mao during the "Hundred Flowers" period where Mao encouraged people to speak out, only to have them purged (jailed or executed) later.

Your school has been cancelled,the teachers fired and humiliated, and you are being fed increasingly violent Maoist propaganda in the derelict school building. It is beginning to make a lot of sense to you, and you carry Mao's Little Red Book wherever you go.

Long live Mao!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”