Mini 362 - Open Role Bastard Mafia (Game Over)

themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:45 am

Post by themanhimself »

M4yhem wrote:TheManHimself: I think I love you.
Then the whole calling me scum thing may not have been the best plan. Next time try chocolates for the perfect touch.
M4yhem wrote: Specifics: I am the town-aligned insane crazy cop. To paraphrase: Every night I send the mod a name, he tells me if they're bad or good and what role they have.
Who did you investigate last night. Also I have some doubts that the mod would have said in your PM that you were insane. That kind of defeats the purpose. Although there is no reason for you to be lying.
If P then Q.
Theman had us nailed.-rekirts
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:49 am

Post by Nai »

Do note: First on the list of roles is "insane cop". There is no other cop.
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:34 am

Post by themanhimself »

Thanks Nai, I missed that.
If P then Q.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:03 pm

Post by Twomz »

There is another cop role, just not the traditional type (yes/no question man).
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:15 pm

Post by Nai »

True.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:18 pm

Post by Nai »

Okay, that was meant to be longer. True, there is another cop. However, that's "are they bastardized or not", which I don't count as a true cop.

It's a bit depressing that our cop has been outted so soon.
kirbyphreak
kirbyphreak
Goon
kirbyphreak
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:35 pm

Post by kirbyphreak »

I could go with a m4yhem or a SL lynch. I'd prefer m4yhem, but if we decide SL is better, ill go with it.
I thought it was a turkey, I swear to God!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:46 pm

Post by Thesp »

Bogre wrote:Thesp, I agree that SL and Mayhem are looking like a pair of scum, but could you explain why you think SL is a better lynch today? Is it the possibility of taking out a more powerful scumrole?
It's because if M4yhem is town, we can gain information from him as long as he's alive, and the scum have to ponder using their kill on him. If he's actually scum, we'll figure that out in due time and lynch him before the endgame.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:50 pm

Post by Thesp »

Sorry for double-postage, I meant to address one or two more things.
M4yhem wrote:Anyway, Thesp is totally acting like overaggresive scum. I don't need to provide any evidence for that statement.
I strongly encourage you to read some of my other games. ;)
Nai wrote:It's a bit depressing that our cop has been outted so soon.
How do you know he's "our cop"? I thought that fact was uncertain to those in the uniformed majority.
BIG FOS: Nai.
If M4yhem is indeed cop, I think this is a major slip by Nai indicating he's scum.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:50 pm

Post by Bogre »

Ahh. Good thinking.

Vote: Shadowlurker
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:28 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Thesp wrote:
ShadowLurker wrote:
Thesp wrote:I'm sorry, what points are you referring to? If you're referring to your previous post, the extent of what you're saying is, "That's not what I was doing". I think it's clear that regardless of what your intent was, the effect did in fact communicate to M4yhem what a more acceptable response would have been. What you and I are arguing over is whether or not you had pro-town motives for doing so. I don't think you did. You claim you did. I'm not sure what else you're looking for me to say.
You still have not explained HOW anything in my post was communicating anything. I was merely explaining the case against him. If you read the post, that's what you will see.
That's the thing. Let's take a look at the post I'm really concerned with:
ShadowLurker wrote:M4yhem: I'm starting to see a bit of that self destructive scum when you defend yourself. You are throwing suspicions at EVERYONE. First Thesp is scum, then the follower bandwagoneers are scum, earlier in the game other people were scum, now chamber is scum. It's not like chamber suddenly started acting differently. (except for the actual posting)
Suppose for a moment, you are somehow partnered with M4yhem (either mason or scum), as I believe you are. When you make a post like this one, it signals to M4yhem that maybe the people who are posting about the "self-destructing scum" are onto something, and you are pointing out what part of his activity (namely his suspicion throwing onto multiple people seemingly eedlessly) appears to look like "self-destructing scum". Notice, you don't say you're suspicious of him or anything like that, in fact, I'm not sure what this post would do in any case. You've said you're trying to help a townie explai themselves better, when in fact if he's not townie this tells him exactly how to act so as to appear to be townie. I know if I was scum, and you'd addressed a similar post like this to me, I'd reassess how I was acting and try a different approach. Interestingly enough, this is what happened.

Is this clear enough? I apologize to everyone else who had to read all this, even though they were able to see it.

Still very happy with my ShadowLurker vote, I encourage people to move over here in case M4yhem isn't lynched yet (I haven't counted), ShadowLurker is a
much
better lynch today.
Ok. Now put yourselves in my shoes.

You see someone else get accused along with yourself. There is very little actual grounds for accusation against you or him, just a general gist of what they find suspicious. You see posts from him asking to explain himself and you do the same. They choose to ignore that fact.

So what did I do? I said this probably is what most people find suspicious about you so other people can see his motives. I for one don't find M4yhem that suspicious but the rest of the town does so I'm merely trying to allow him to give a DEFENSE and let other people judge it.

Also, I do not really see a change in behavior in his posts after I said that. He still seems to be acting the same to me. I would like to see what specifically you say has fallen in line with what I have posted?

If I was actually trying to help him, I would've provided a better ALTERNATIVE and not just say the CASE against him.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:45 pm

Post by Fritzler »

M4yhem wrote:Anyway, Thesp is totally acting like overaggresive scum. I don't need to provide any evidence for that statement
lol

you need to get out more

VOTE: M3YHEM

KILL HIM

DEATH

KILL

BLOOD IS NEEDED FOR OUR SACRIFICES
Surfs up dude.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:24 pm

Post by Nai »

Thesp, 5 hours had passed and there was no counterclaim, and several people had posted since then. I think it's safe to assume that he's the real cop. Especially since I dont think scum would try THAT gambit if they're already under the gun.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:34 pm

Post by M4yhem »

TheManHimself- Chocolates, right. And here was me thinking that calling you a bloodthisty lying scumbag was the perfect gift. Also, you know we started with day, don't you? I haven't had a chance to investigate anyone yet.

I really don't think we can 'afford' to lose me. We have no idea if the priest is naive, random or paranoid, or even if he is allow to ask questions about alignment. I may be insane, but I'm still the most reliable investagative role we have.

Thesp-No thanks. If this is how you play normally, I'd rather stab someone's eyes out than read your other games. I think you are reaching on Nai and ShadowLurker. You'll forgive me, I'm sure, for not trusting your judgement.

Fratzler- It's good to finally see you posting some content. :)
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:43 am

Post by themanhimself »

M4yhem wrote:You know we started with day, don't you? I haven't had a chance to investigate anyone yet.
Oh yeah.
unvote
vote: shadowlurker
If P then Q.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:45 am

Post by Thesp »

ShadowLurker wrote:Ok. Now put yourselves in my shoes.

You see someone else get accused along with yourself. There is very little actual grounds for accusation against you or him, just a general gist of what they find suspicious. You see posts from him asking to explain himself and you do the same. They choose to ignore that fact.

So what did I do? I said this probably is what most people find suspicious about you so other people can see his motives. I for one don't find M4yhem that suspicious but the rest of the town does so I'm merely trying to allow him to give a DEFENSE and let other people judge it.

Also, I do not really see a change in behavior in his posts after I said that. He still seems to be acting the same to me. I would like to see what specifically you say has fallen in line with what I have posted?

If I was actually trying to help him, I would've provided a better ALTERNATIVE and not just say the CASE against him.
Thesp, in a prophetic earlier post wrote:We can go deeper into post-by-post analysis, and I'd be happy to bog everyone down in it if they think it'd be helpful, but I don't think it would be (I suspect it will go something like "I think you were trying to do this when you posted"/"No I wasn't").
Nai wrote:Thesp, 5 hours had passed and there was no counterclaim, and several people had posted since then. I think it's safe to assume that he's the real cop.
A WHOLE 5 HOURS! WOW! :roll:
Nai should be lynched/killed before the endgame.

M4yhem wrote:Thesp-No thanks. If this is how you play normally, I'd rather stab someone's eyes out than read your other games. I think you are reaching on Nai and ShadowLurker. You'll forgive me, I'm sure, for not trusting your judgement.
You're welcome to not trust my judgment, but please do look at the points I've raised. You'll also forgive me if I believe your argument which suggests I'm more likely to be scummy because I'm aggressive is dubious, too. ;)
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:50 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Chamber has disappeared. Well, me too actually because I was too tired to check all my games yesterday.

Hey everyone, take a closer look at Bogre. He says he'll push for lynch, then will move away if it goes nowhere. Then he votes for SL despite some people saying Thesp was reaching with his accusation, giving no reason.

I'm buying m4yhem's cop claim, since no one has counter-claimed, and we have only one.

I see SL asking leading questions, trying to find out scum, not leading m4yhem. Also he has listed arguments against m4yhem.

I think I've played with Thesp before. But Thesp is now using the same argument as chamber, aka the 'well, this is my normal playstyle therefore it's not scummy' argument. I repeat: whether or not it's your normal playstyle doesn't reflect your alignment in the game.

unvote, vote thesp
This unvote occured because while I still see chamber as a weird person who thinks asking for reasons is scummy, Thesp is doing more damage to town (hence scummy behaviour) by suggesting we can afford to lose people, and by continuing to attack m4yhem after claim.
Blank.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:52 am

Post by Thesp »

spectrumvoid wrote:I think I've played with Thesp before. But Thesp is now using the same argument as chamber, aka the 'well, this is my normal playstyle therefore it's not scummy' argument. I repeat: whether or not it's your normal playstyle doesn't reflect your alignment in the game.
I agree 100%. I don't think my aggressiveness indicates whether I'm town or scum.

And when did I suggest we can afford to lose people? :?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:59 am

Post by Twomz »

Why are you voting him if his playstyle doesn't dictate his alignment? I'm not sure if I get your argument SV.

unvote, vote: Shadowlurker
At the very least we can force Mayhem to play some WIFOM w/ the town for a day or 2 before killing him.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:32 am

Post by Bogre »

Okay, Nai and spectrum...just because their hasn't been a counterclaim doesn't mean shit. In all likelihood, M4yhem -is- the cop. He can STILL BE SCUM. However, SL also looks like scum to me because of his interaction with Mayhem and towards others. Nai's also looking suspicious because of his hangup over the cop claim thing.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:41 am

Post by Fritzler »

you know, there's adoctor, so im not going to die for a while

im the real insane cop

kill him now

thx
Surfs up dude.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:47 am

Post by Zindaras »

*laughs*

Funny times.

Vote: M4yhem

I was actually going to vote theman first, but meh, we can lynch him tomorrow.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:04 am

Post by M4yhem »

Fritzler-Thanks.

Here's my real roleclaim. I'm the mathematics professor. At the start of the day Pariah told me I had to get the cop or doc to claim, and then get the whole town to vote no lynch. If I do this something happens. I'm guessing it's good for the town because otherwise the game would be unbalanced. If I don't manage to do this, I get fired, which is probably bad for me.

All you have to do to test my claim is
unvote, vote:no lynch
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:05 am

Post by chamber »

M4yhem wrote:Fritzler-Thanks.

Here's my real roleclaim. I'm the mathematics professor. At the start of the day Pariah told me I had to get the cop or doc to claim, and then get the whole town to vote no lynch. If I do this something happens. I'm guessing it's good for the town because otherwise the game would be unbalanced. If I don't manage to do this, I get fired, which is probably bad for me.

All you have to do to test my claim is
unvote, vote:no lynch
LOL
Taking a break from the site.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:09 am

Post by Zindaras »

Well, let's look at it from this way...

If you're dead, you can't get fired either.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”