AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I'm starting to lose my hard on for this game. Fitz is practically claiming scum in thread. Disturbed posts almost look like he has actual opinions. Dragon is probably their buddy. Choo choo and all that BS.

Re Fitz's wall post

Fitz is so obviously not town that I cannot even bring myself to look at the wall of fluff he is spewing into the thread.
Aether
Aether
Goon
Aether
Goon
Goon
Location: In a globe of dark matter, blasting the web with dark energy

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:08 pm

Post by Aether »

In post 775, AngryPidgeon wrote:I'm starting to lose my hard on for this game. Fitz is practically claiming scum in thread. Disturbed posts almost look like he has actual opinions. Dragon is probably their buddy. Choo choo and all that BS.

Re Fitz's wall post

Fitz is so obviously not town that I cannot even bring myself to look at the wall of fluff he is spewing into the thread.

You have a very, very, good point.

VOTE: Havingfitz
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:31 pm

Post by Disturbed_One »

I wish to see Fitz' tl;dr. I'll be completely honest; I skimmed through it. Lots of links and lots of comments on those links. I am going to need a summary at least to process all that.

AP still looks like town to me at the moment, I agree with his reasoning for Fitz = scum. If Fitz is convinced AP is scum, how come is he not rallying support for a wagon? It's a valid point and I'm inclined to agree with it. I would like to hear Fitz' summary before I come to a conclusion, however.
Aether
Aether
Goon
Aether
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:36 pm

Post by Aether »

What is tl;dr?
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:38 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Can't be fucked reading Fitz vs. AP, just get a lynch already. Aether and Disturbed are wise choices.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
Aether
Aether
Goon
Aether
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Aether »

In post 779, Om of the Nom wrote:Can't be fucked reading Fitz vs. AP, just get a lynch already. Aether and Disturbed are wise choices.

Excuse me, mister scum, why did you not mention NovaDragon? Is the reason because you are scum and he is your scumbuddy?
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:54 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Because Nova is town and I've already mentioned why.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:54 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

He thinks hes town because of the post 'hammer' stuff.
Aether
Aether
Goon
Aether
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:03 pm

Post by Aether »

If Om of the Nom is town, there is a high probability of Disturbed_One, AngryPidgeon and me being scum. However, if Om of the Nom is scum, which I highly believe because he scumslipped several times in early game and did not put down a strong argument for NovaDragon's townieness, there is a high probability that NovaDragon is scum and AngryPidgeon and me are town.

If you would like some examples of his scumslips, here they are.

In post 17, Om of the Nom wrote:VOTE: mattp
this is not omgus at all

In post 40, Om of the Nom wrote:i claim sk

In post 123, Om of the Nom wrote:
In post 121, Aether wrote:So you are mafia? Also, I voted Potatoes r cool, not Potatoes r cool.

No, I'm Masons with AP.
Also that's because I changed my name with FoxReplace lol.

In post 168, Om of the Nom wrote:So can we hurry up and lynch director?.....
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:04 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

The first three are jokes and the last one has nothing wrong with it.

Aether
Aether
Goon
Aether
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:06 pm

Post by Aether »

In post 781, Om of the Nom wrote:Because Nova is town and I've already mentioned why.

So why? In what way does your analysis of him not contradict his play?
Aether
Aether
Goon
Aether
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:06 pm

Post by Aether »

In post 784, Om of the Nom wrote:The first three are jokes and the last one has nothing wrong with it.

STOP JOKING! NO JOKING IN THE SPACESHIP DURING FORUN TIME!

MUST I PUT THE SIGN UP?
Aether
Aether
Goon
Aether
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Post by Aether »

corr: forum time
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:09 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 785, Aether wrote:
In post 781, Om of the Nom wrote:Because Nova is town and I've already mentioned why.

Because his reaction to his "hammer" makes me think his town. The rest of his play doesn't need to match up since I think it's a strong enough tell.

Aether
Aether
Goon
Aether
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:11 pm

Post by Aether »

In post 788, Om of the Nom wrote:
In post 785, Aether wrote:

Because his reaction to his "hammer" makes me think his town. The rest of his play doesn't need to match up since I think it's a strong enough tell.

Look. He only change his play
because
of his hammer reaction. How about
before[/] the hammer reaction?
Aether
Aether
Goon
Aether
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:11 pm

Post by Aether »

NOTE TO MOD: Fix my tags please
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Before the hammer I thought he was scum, and clearly the majority of people did, otherwise he wouldn't have come close to being hammered.

Aether
Aether
Goon
Aether
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:16 pm

Post by Aether »

I mean did his play match up before his hammer reaction? If not, just vote him. Mafia might change their play to match their reaction.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:17 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

I'm not judging his towniness based on after the reaction, I'm basing it on the reaction itself.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:20 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

If Im wrong about any of my predictions, its dragon.

But thats fine. We still have this win if we lynch disturbed today.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:28 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Fun fact: Aether is voting Dragon even though he thinks hes voting Fitz.

Funner fact: Aether should help us delegate Disturbed to God for sorting out.
Aether
Aether
Goon
Aether
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:31 pm

Post by Aether »

In post 793, Om of the Nom wrote:I'm not judging his towniness based on after the reaction, I'm basing it on the reaction itself.

And how does that prove that he is town?
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:33 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Because I don't see the reason he would need to lie about being town after he died.

Declan_giggs
Declan_giggs
Goon
Declan_giggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:19 am

Post by Declan_giggs »

In post 795, AngryPidgeon wrote:Fun fact: Aether is voting Dragon even though he thinks hes voting Fitz.

Funner fact: Aether should help us delegate Disturbed to God for sorting out.

You say you've lost your hardon for the game, but the past few real-time days you're the only thing fun about this game for me. Even if I still have scum feelings about you.

Here's where I see where we are: regardless of individual people's individual reads, which are wildly different in many cases, I can divide the players up into a few categories which make it easy for me to think about them strategically.

Lurkers/noncontributors: Name User, Venmar, LastSurvivor. To varying degrees these three players don't have much to say very often at all. This is more an observation about their FREQUENCY of appearing in the thread and less a value judgement on their posts that they have made. In my experience, this style of play is typical of a disinterested vanilla townie or a scaredyscum, who is afraid of slipping up if they say/participate too much. Given that there are 9 players (plus me) and 3 scum, and 3 players in this sub group, it is likely there is ONE SCUM in this lurkpool. Order of my vibe: scummiest Venmar, name user, LastSurvivor most likely town

Dumbasses: OmoftheNom and Aether. If we weren't in crunch time already due to sad developments we can't take back, I'd be delighted to policy lynch either of these two, preferably Aether. But there is too much WIFOM here to make any call on these two. The good news for the town's win condition is they will just keep slapping each other and mostly stay out of the way. These two will probably get re-categorized for Day 3.

Tryhards: This is not an insult (although I used it that way at AP earlier when he was just all about lynching a name any name). Fitz and AP. Both are trying to build cases, both have points that sway me, and both have points and occassional bursts of activity that I don't feel very good about. Each has established connections that especially in the case of AP I have talked about in previous posts. Either COULD be scum, my game-long suspicion has been on AP, and I still feel Fitz is more likely to be town, except under one condition I will discuss below. AP has stepped up his explanations for his FoSs, which isn't a scumtell, he clearly just realized that his original style was losing traction, so either way he had to up his game.

Lynchable, likely scum: Disturbed and Nova Dragon. Both of these players have managed to give a general feeling of scumminess to most of us at most points in the game. Mitigating Nova's scumminess for some people is how he reacted during pseudo-twilight, when his posts were pretty resigned in nature. This only slightly changes the fact that we intended to lynch him, and was saved by a technicality. We benefit from a ND lynch in that if he does flip town, Fitz is practically 100% cleared; why would scum have brought up the voting technicality if there was s successful town lynch? If ND were to flip scum, Fitz is quite damned although not as conclusively as he is cleared by a ND town flip.

We need to narrow our focus to these two players in my opinion (unless there is a STRONG appetite for an Aether policy lynch/roll of the dice? Didn't think so....) Let's disucss whether the gain from lynching Nova pays off, and whether a Nova scumflip means the hider should hide behind Fitz. If we cannot come to a consensus on a solid benefit from lynching NovaDragon, we should each post a read with a reason on Disturbed. Of course a few people will sheep a wagon on Disturbed, which is at their own peril. My own feeling is both could well be scum (together) and we aren't really going wrong lynching either.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:31 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

So basically everyone who isn't you fits into a demeaning or scummy category? Okay, that works.
I've provided reasons for my reads and done more extensive reasons for my Aether read, yet you seem to be fine with discrediting all that and my play in general as me being a dumbass so you don't have to respond to it.

Return to “Completed Open Games”