NY 160: Terrible Melodrama Mafia (Game Over)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 345, PiggyGal15 wrote:You think scum would have a powerrole safeclaim? o.O

Why wouldn't they have powerole safeclaims?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:54 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Vote Count 1.12

Nero Cain (5)- Plan B, adorkable, PiggyGal15, Senjai, 4nxi3ty
N (4)- Demon Core, Toon Fighter, RedCoyote, DoomYoshi
PiggyGal15 (3)- Cletus+Brandine, Untrod Tripod, Nero Cain
Cletus+Brandine (1)- JacobSavage
Senjai (1)- Empking
Toon Fighter (1)- N

Not voting: No one!

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

V/LA

Nero Cain

Deadline

14th November, 6am AEDT
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'M ABOUT TO BE LYNCHED?!?!

I'll go ahread and role claim since I don't think I'll be on the computer again till the 13th but I'm a town roleblocker.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

In post 352, Nero Cain wrote:I'M ABOUT TO BE LYNCHED?!?!

I'll go ahread and role claim since I don't think I'll be on the computer again till the 13th but I'm a town roleblocker.

don't like that claim

unvote, vote: NC

die, scum
~Toon fighter~
Demon Core
Demon Core
Goon
Demon Core
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:04 pm

Post by Demon Core »

In post 350, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 345, PiggyGal15 wrote:You think scum would have a powerrole safeclaim? o.O

Have you EVER seen scum get powerrole safeclaims in a non-theme game NC? If so, when was that? 2 years ago in a game where everyone was a PR?

If PiggyGal is lying about anything, it's not her ability, it's her alignment (unless she's a total moron, but I don't make her for one). That's the last thing I'm saying about this because the amount of /herpderp people are pulling is getting toxic.
Demon Core
Demon Core
Goon
Demon Core
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by Demon Core »

NC's officially dropped off my scum list.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 353, Toon Fighter wrote:

don't like that claim

unvote, vote: NC

die, scum

What don't you like about it?

In post 354, Demon Core wrote:

Have you EVER seen scum get powerrole safeclaims in a non-theme game NC? If so, when was that?

I don't know about non theme 'cause I play mostly theme games so I wouldn't really know but I don't think there'd be a diffrence. Still I agree that she'd be lying about her alignment more than her role.

PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:34 pm

Post by PiggyGal15 »

That was the fakest claim I have literally ever seen. How in the world does that make NS drop off your scum list, DC?
Demon Core
Demon Core
Goon
Demon Core
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Post by Demon Core »

Mafia Roleblocker 101: Claim Jailkeeper or VT, but whatever you do don't claim town roleblocker

Unless it's an innocent child or mason claim, I treat claims as null anyway. My problem is that you and adorkable are on the NC wagon and thus, it's toxic.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:21 pm

Post by N »

In post 342, Toon Fighter wrote:@N: you quoted my post but I saw no response. Y U No ANSWER?

You were at L-3 when you made this claim; wqhy did you make it? You've been saying stuff like "just because Piggy's a claimed PR doesn't mean we shouldn't lynch her" and "her claim can just as easily be a scum role", and then your own claim is roleblocker, which I've never played with but according to the wiki "have been known to be of either alignment, though Roleblocker is probably the most common Mafia power role."

And earlier, you said this:
In post 343, Nero Cain wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 332, N wrote:
In post 320, Nero Cain wrote:I’m really thinkin’ that Plan B is scum with Piggy. He’s really fence sitting on her. Joins the Jacob wagon then calls me scummy for not finding Jacob scummy then when the Jacob wagon starts to loose steam he jumps off for finding Jacob not scummy. (HELLO CONJETIVE DISSONANCE!!!) And he didn’t answer my last question which really annoys me.

Vote:piggy

If it’s a scum slot then there’s no reason to trust here results so if she flips scum then I bet she has some buddies in the group saying “let her live.”

This is stupid reasoning. She's claimed a PR; why do you want to lynch her
today
? If she continues to be scummy in future days, we can lynch her and at least we'll have some results if he does actually flip town. If she does flip scum, we'll have relationship tells to use.
But its a scum slot. Her "WE AREN'T LYNCHING CLAIMED PRS WITHOUT A CC!!!" Sounds a ton like scum with a safeclaim. And unless you want to help me lynch Plan B or Senj then I don't really know what to say.

So what was the point in claiming if you think it doesn't matter if someone's claimed? You're being pretty hypocritical - "Piggy's claim could be faked by scum; let's lynch her anyway" vs "I'm a (usually scum) role; don't lynch me"

UNVOTE:
I want to vote for Nero, but that would be L-1 and be open to quickhammers.

In post 347, Nero Cain wrote:Yeah my post is wierd but I didn't do anything. I think both you and Plan B are gonna flip scum. Your play is terrible. I don't know if plan B's fence sitting on you is more likely buddy play or scum that knows you aren't on his team. Nor do I like Adorks "well she's claimed, lets let someone else claim while leaving her to be lynched later." Though I will admit that Plan B and Adorks play towords you
screams
scum to me but there's little or no intrest in lynching either slot, and I know that I'm town and I don't have a scum read on N. So unless there's a shitload of Plan B/Adork/Senji intrest in the next few days then getting rid of bad pork is better then a no lynch.

This post confuses me. Do you think there are two scum teams? It seems like you're calling both Plan B and Piggy scum, but also saying they're not scum together.

In post 357, PiggyGal15 wrote:That was the fakest claim I have literally ever seen. How in the world does that make NS drop off your scum list, DC?

NS=Nobody Special? He's not in this game, is he? Or do you mean Number Six, who has been replaced?
...Oh wait, it's probably meant to be NC. Never mind.

Is it the claim itself or the posts in the build up to the claim that makes you disbelieve it? I think we'd be incredibly unlucky for the first two wagons run up to a claim both being town PRs.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Post by PiggyGal15 »

Yeah, but the
good
kind of toxic ;)

(p-edit: N!!!! HOW DARE YOU POST BEFORE I CAN MAKE MY JOKE D:<)
Demon Core
Demon Core
Goon
Demon Core
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:29 pm

Post by Demon Core »

ITT, N is relieved that Nero Cain bumbled his claim and is scrambling to take advantage of it.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:31 pm

Post by N »

In post 361, Demon Core wrote:ITT, N is relieved that Nero Cain bumbled his claim and is scrambling to take advantage of it.

So you believe his claim?
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
Demon Core
Demon Core
Goon
Demon Core
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:36 pm

Post by Demon Core »

Ya'll aren't even attacking the weakest part of NC's claim, which is the possible FAEKRAGECAPSLOCKPART.

It's pretty much "lulzmafiaroleblocker"

(the "capsrage" part is actually still bugging me)
Demon Core
Demon Core
Goon
Demon Core
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:39 pm

Post by Demon Core »

In post 362, N wrote:
In post 361, Demon Core wrote:ITT, N is relieved that Nero Cain bumbled his claim and is scrambling to take advantage of it.

Yeah, let's go with that.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

oh look, empking and doomyoshi are scum together how adorable

I read N as town. I don't like NC for a lynch today. I would much prefer piggy.
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:28 pm

Post by PiggyGal15 »

DC, what part of "that claim was the
fakest
I've ever seen" did you not understand to come from the FAKERAGECAPSLOCK part? Because that's what I was referring to, and that's why my vote stays on NC. Call it WIFOM, but I think he's scum trying to WIFOM our WIFOM so we get into a WIFOM discussion and - NO! That's not happening, because he's scum, and needs to realize whatever "joke" he was trying to pull isn't going to work ^.^
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:46 pm

Post by N »

In post 364, Demon Core wrote:
In post 362, N wrote:

Yeah, let's go with that.

Was that a hard question to answer? What made him "officially drop off your scum list"?

In post 365, Untrod Tripod wrote:I don't like NC for a lynch today. I would much prefer piggy.

Piggy's claim is more easily verifiable tomorrow. Well, easier to get results from at any rate. Nero can say he blocked someone and we'd have no way of knowing if it's true (unless they were a cop that received a no result, I guess), whereas Piggy can give us definite results.

In post 366, PiggyGal15 wrote:I think he's scum trying to WIFOM our WIFOM

Whose WIFOM is "our" WIFOM?
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
Demon Core
Demon Core
Goon
Demon Core
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:46 pm

Post by Demon Core »

In post 366, PiggyGal15 wrote:DC, what part of "that claim was the
fakest
I've ever seen" did you not understand to come from the FAKERAGECAPSLOCK part? Because that's what I was referring to, and that's why my vote stays on NC. Call it WIFOM, but I think he's scum trying to WIFOM our WIFOM so we get into a WIFOM discussion and - NO! That's not happening, because he's scum, and needs to realize whatever "joke" he was trying to pull isn't going to work ^.^

/oh

See, I was right about piggygal not being a moron.

/patsselfonback
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:39 pm

Post by Empking »

I didn't think NC was scum before the claim, I don't think he's scum after the claim.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
adorkable
adorkable
Goon
adorkable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:40 pm

Post by adorkable »

Name me one game where a mod has done this.

You only get full credit if it's a mini or large normal.

In post 356, Nero Cain wrote:I don't know about non theme 'cause I play mostly theme games so I wouldn't really know but I don't think there'd be a diffrence.

There's a huge difference.

In post 358, Demon Core wrote:Mafia Roleblocker 101: Claim Jailkeeper or VT, but whatever you do don't claim town roleblocker

Ehhhhh. We were just in a game as town roleblocker and were gonna claim JoaT if we were ever brought to lynch because we thought we'd get autolynched if we claimed town RB. It's meta, but you kinda do have a point.

I don't give him a full townpass yet, but we can always direct his blocks (and piggy's watches)...

unvote

Town RB
and
town Watcher make sense together balance-wise. My other head wants to note she thinks it's unlikely that we've outed two town PRs D1 and is initially inclined to think one of the two to be scum.

Is there any way we can finagle some sort of plan to confirm both PRs?

NC wrote:What is your Senjai read?

I
think
I had a townread on him at some point but he's dropped out of the spotlight recently. Could be a scumtell (he was a focal point of early D1 and now he's suddenly quiet after suspicion dies down) or there could be other reasons for his recent lurking. I guess he's still town until I hear more from him.

NC wrote:Was this a “blend” joke ‘cause I really don’t see this as a legitimate response to what you were being accused of.

My original point was that, when people are all like HEY THIS GUY IS SCUM but no one votes him, it reeks of scumbuddies throwing suspicion around but not committing with actual votes, as to have a point to backtrack to to validate a bus. Typically when this type of situation occurs, I jump on those players.

NC wrote:Ok so if we let her live today when do we lynch her?

If we prove her town, we don't. Hell, if she dies tonight, we don't. If we find she slips up or gives false results, then we lynch her. Simple.

In post 347, Nero Cain wrote:Nor do I like Adorks "well she's claimed, lets let someone else claim while leaving her to be lynched later."

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to lynch Piggy. I was saying "if we're lynching her anyway" because people still want her dead. To those people, I ask: what's the harm in letting her through the night?

In post 349, Demon Core wrote:I actually think adorkable's scum too.

Mmkay. May I ask why?
adorkable
adorkable
Goon
adorkable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:42 pm

Post by adorkable »

EBWOP:
In post 370, adorkable wrote:It's meta, but you kinda do have a point.

I meant WIFOM. Was thinking how the MS meta = claiming town RB as scum RB is bad when I was posting.
adorkable
adorkable
Goon
adorkable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:54 pm

Post by adorkable »

In post 365, Untrod Tripod wrote:oh look, empking and doomyoshi are scum together how adorable

I read through their posts and I don't see anything sticking out to support this. Bit of elaboration would be nice.
adorkable
adorkable
Goon
adorkable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:07 pm

Post by adorkable »

Wagons of the day at their peak:
Senjai (6)- JacobSavage, Plan B, Toon Fighter, Senjai, adorkable, Nero Cain
JacobSavage (6)- Plan B, DoomYoshi, Toon Fighter, theamatuer, PiggyGal15, RedCoyote
PiggyGal15 (7)- Cletus+Brandine, Untrod Tripod, adorkable, 4nxi3ty, Demon Core, Senjai, DoomYoshi
Nero Cain (5)- Plan B, adorkable, PiggyGal15, Senjai, 4nxi3ty

Plan B has been on 3/4 of the main wagons for the day. However, he's also been first or second vote on them as well. Anxiety's been mid-wagon on both PR-claim wagons. Anyone have thoughts on these two?

vote: DoomYoshi

Placeholder, I'll look into him more in the morning.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:10 pm

Post by N »

In post 370, adorkable wrote:Town RB and town Watcher make sense together balance-wise. My other head wants to note she thinks it's unlikely that we've outed two town PRs D1 and is initially inclined to think one of the two to be scum.

How? I've never modded or tried to balance a game, but I don't see how those two roles fit together so perfectly. (I'm not saying I disagree; I just want to know why they're more likely to go together than not.)
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”