ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:07 am

Post by ibaesha »

As much as I enjoy randomly bandwagonning MBL, I'm not sure what the point of running him up to lynch -1 this quickly on no basis is.

I really don't get the last two votes so most of all, considering they had to unvote to vote MBL, which means they aren't random voting and therefore their votes are more serious. I'd like bird to explain why he thinks MBL should be at lynch -1 and what sort of defense he expects from MBL. Or is the point to make him claim? Because if it is, it's rather ridiculous and I'd be surprised if MBL would oblige.

unvote; vote bird

And ... Glork, seriously?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:47 am

Post by Glork »

ibaesha wrote:And ... Glork, seriously?
Why not? He's prolly scum.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:48 pm

Post by Fritzler »

ibaesha wrote:As much as I enjoy randomly bandwagonning MBL, I'm not sure what the point of running him up to lynch -1 this quickly on no basis is.
ibby we've hung out for a long time, you really should know the reason for these shennanigins now
Surfs up dude.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:27 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Yeah, there won't be a claim from me any time soon. So I'll start searching for scum cause that's my primary role.

I'd say that putting me at -1 is nearly as scummy as demanding a hammer on this particular wagon. Whether it's joking or not, Glork knows that there's more than likely some bloodthirsty tard, town or scum, willing to do the funny thing to get attention. And in this case, off someone who's actually somewhat decent at finding scum.

vote: Glork, strong FOS: bird, FOS: CES
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:33 pm

Post by Glork »

OMGIS!!!

Yeah, dude's totally scum.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:19 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

vote: MBL

Harumph.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:34 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Glork, your blatant misrepresentation is noted. I didn't vote you for your vote, I voted you for your actions after the vote. Thus, it's not an OMGUS vote and you're being intentionally evasive, trying to make light in the face of your scumminess.

What do you actually think of my vote on you? What do you think of this wagon? I'd like you on the record for tomorrow in the off chance that some mouthbreather lynches me now.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:18 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Vote: Glork
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:53 pm

Post by Glork »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Glork, your blatant misrepresentation is noted. I didn't vote you for your vote, I voted you for your actions after the vote. Thus, it's not an OMGUS vote and you're being intentionally evasive, trying to make light in the face of your scumminess.
Um... I fully embrace my "scumminess." I am starting off a game by behaving in a completely ridiculous, counterintuitive, non-productive manner. Welcome to Glork's mafia play. Would you like me to go cite the eight thousand million examples in which I've done so and been accused of being a scumbag for it?

Also, your vote is in fact OMGUSy in nature... it's a reaction to the fact that I asked someone to kill you. "You say you want me dead so I'm going to vote for you" is OMGUS any way you look at it. It doesn't matter if you're talking about the vote itself or the request for a hammer.
MBL wrote:What do you actually think of my vote on you? What do you think of this wagon? I'd like you on the record for tomorrow in the off chance that some mouthbreather lynches me now.
I understand why you're voting for me, and I really can't argue with it.
I think the wagon is pretty hilarious. But it's useful, too. It's not often that we get to start off a game by almost-lynching someone. You've stuck your votes/FoSes in the appropriate places. (Glork 3rd, plus asking for hammer; Bird putting you at Lynch -1; CES for Lynch -2) So far, things check out okay. I'm actually more interested in other peoples' reactions than yours.

Make no mistake about it, though. Had you been at Lynch -1 without me on the wagon, I would have hammered. I've never done something *that* ridiculous before. I think it'd be kinda fun to do it to someone. I think it'd be absolutely fucking hilarious. And I will do it before I retire from Mafia games altogether.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:06 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Well, at least we're being honest here.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:09 pm

Post by Glork »

:P

Thing is... I want you to know that I'm dead serious about everything I just said. You know me, MBL, and you know that I like to push the envelope sometimes. I want to get away with as much as possible, so long as it doesn't get me killed. And if I get killed over my behavior here, I'll know a little bit more about my limits for future reference. *shrug*
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:10 pm

Post by Glork »

Also, I guess I should
Unvote
, given MBL's responses. I'll
Vote: Bogre
for not jumping on the MBL wagon when clearly it was the cool thing to do.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:29 pm

Unvote, Vote: Bird
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:19 pm

Post by klebian »

Glork wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:Glork, your blatant misrepresentation is noted. I didn't vote you for your vote, I voted you for your actions after the vote. Thus, it's not an OMGUS vote and you're being intentionally evasive, trying to make light in the face of your scumminess.
Um... I fully embrace my "scumminess." I am starting off a game by behaving in a completely ridiculous, counterintuitive, non-productive manner. Welcome to Glork's mafia play. Would you like me to go cite the eight thousand million examples in which I've done so and been accused of being a scumbag for it?

Also, your vote is in fact OMGUSy in nature... it's a reaction to the fact that I asked someone to kill you. "You say you want me dead so I'm going to vote for you" is OMGUS any way you look at it. It doesn't matter if you're talking about the vote itself or the request for a hammer.
MBL wrote:What do you actually think of my vote on you? What do you think of this wagon? I'd like you on the record for tomorrow in the off chance that some mouthbreather lynches me now.
I understand why you're voting for me, and I really can't argue with it.
I think the wagon is pretty hilarious. But it's useful, too. It's not often that we get to start off a game by almost-lynching someone. You've stuck your votes/FoSes in the appropriate places. (Glork 3rd, plus asking for hammer; Bird putting you at Lynch -1; CES for Lynch -2) So far, things check out okay. I'm actually more interested in other peoples' reactions than yours.

Make no mistake about it, though. Had you been at Lynch -1 without me on the wagon, I would have hammered. I've never done something *that* ridiculous before. I think it'd be kinda fun to do it to someone. I think it'd be absolutely fucking hilarious. And I will do it before I retire from Mafia games altogether.
The whole post = QFT
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:49 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

That's an odd post to QFT, I smell a suckup.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:01 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

MrBuddyLee: 7 (Twito, Fritzler, klebian, Nightson, CES, bird1111, inHimshallibe)
bird1111: 2 (ibeasha, STD)
Phoebus: 1 (Bogre)
Glork: 1 (MrBuddyLee)
Bogre: 1 (Glork)

It will take 9 of you to throw someone out of the airlock
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:11 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Glork wrote:Also, your vote is in fact OMGUSy in nature... it's a reaction to the fact that I asked someone to kill you. "You say you want me dead so I'm going to vote for you" is OMGUS any way you look at it.
I'll also note that at the time of my vote on you, eleven people had posted. Eight had voted me, two had not, and one was the mod.

The two who didn't vote for me voted for Phoebus for joke/random reasons, and I wasn't about to vote the mod, so every other nonrandom vote choice available to me would have resulted in an OMGUS vote in the way you define it.

Therefore, your painting of my vote on you as OMGUS is:

1) meaningless
2) inflammatory
3) deceptive and/or careless

You've made it clear that hammering in that situation is something you condone, yet you are watching other players for that behavior. You encouraged it knowing it was entirely likely to happen, knowing full well the result would be bad for town. And you claimed to be watching for responses, yet given the multitude of wagon-hoppers you chose to joke vote one of the few people not to hop the wagon.

It's fine if your advertised day one/two style is manic--that is, if town doesn't mind you hiding your anti-town play amidst a forest of meaningless trees.

confirm vote: Glork, FOS: inHim
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:14 am

Post by Glork »

Three points here:

First, you're assuming that I find OMGUS to be a bad thing. I've said before, and I'll say it again: Some types of OMGUS are good things, and the sign of a pro-town player. Ibby, for example, tends to get
very
OMGUSy when she's pro-town and someone accuses her of being scum or clamors for her death. I'm still not entirely sure what my meta-stance on you is, but I do know that you have a tendency to be very concerned -- obsessive, even -- about what people think of you. Newbie 254 was a big reminder of that, and my failure to realize it at that time ended up making me think you were scum in that game. I've since then learned from that and take into consideration your playstyle when dealing with you.

Second, the reason I labeled it as OMGUS was not because you picked *someone* who voted for you, but because you picked me. I boarded the MBL wagon the first time around, I jumped on it this time, and I asked for a hammer. I also called you scum when Ibby asked if I was serious. I was by far the most vocal person who was on your wagon. I realize that voting for anyone on your wagon would technically have been OMGUS, and (as explained above) I didn't intend for the "OMGUS" label to be construed as genuinely scummy. But I did want to note that you were choosing me in particular (hence the OMGIS instead of OMGUS).

Third: Yes, I advocated your hammer and wanted to see reactions at the same time. I wanted to see what other people thought of your wagon. Who would be bold enough to continue to vote for you (I actually think inHim is likely to be pro-town, given his post/vote). Who would get panicky and jump off, going "OMG, I was joking!! I don't want him dead (yet)!"... who would go "Holy crap, this wagon is scummy as hell"? Who would counterwagon somebody (StD, for example, was almost guilty of this, but his vote-chance seems. The reason I think I could've had my cake and eaten it too is because I wanted to different things on completely different levels. My immature, goofy, fun-loving, ridiculous side wanted to see you dead. What can I say... I've got a little bit of Fritzler in me. The scumbusting side of me wanted to see what people did in an unexpected situation.

One more thing.... please, MBL, explain to me how you can "smell a suckup" out of Klebian and think that I'm scum at the same time.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:18 am

Post by Twomz »

The crash removed this thread from my watched list XD. But i'm aware of it now. Why are we trying to kill MBL w/o giving him the chance to do anything?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:21 am

Post by Glork »

Twomz wrote:The crash removed this thread from my watched list XD. But i'm aware of it now. Why are we trying to kill MBL w/o giving him the chance to do anything?
Because it's funnier that way.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:04 am

Post by dahen »

Ah, yes, this was the game with the crazy start.
Anyhow, I was voting Nightson in this game (sorry about me confusing games after the crash).
vote Nightson
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:08 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Random Vote: MrBuddyLee
Unvote: MrBuddyLee
Vote: klebian

Why did you feel the need to quote Glork's entire post, exactly?
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:11 am

Post by bird1111 »

Unvote
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:52 am

Post by Twito »

Hehe without Glorks unvote MBL would be dead now :D:D
Yes and let me correct this one mistake I made before
Unvote

Hug: MBL
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:59 am

You meant to hug him, not vote him?

Yo, bird, why you leavin' the wagon? Pressure?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”