HurriKaty
Goon
HurriKaty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:57 pm

Post by HurriKaty »

Alright, you want a full claim? Sure.

I'm the "Statistics Keeper", who keeps all the files about the townspeople. I pick a player each night, and get something out of their file about their profile, whether it be a rolename or an occupation.

You want results, too? StD is a
"Teacher"
HurriKaty: *runs over Nightson with a mack truck*
Jathan84: OWNED BITCH
Filiusnocte: *is run over*
Filiusnocte: *bites Katy anyway*
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:07 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

STD, can you confirm?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:05 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Save The Dragons wrote:
Unvote
I think it's best if ya'll follow my example. *polishes apples*
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:10 pm

Post by Thok »

OK then.
unvote Hurrikaty
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:40 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

unvote STD
That solves it.
Blank.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:52 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Unvote, vote the eyeeee
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

TheEyeOfMordor wrote:Yes I am here. I would rather not talk about Zindaras's assertion that I am town but I will assure you that I don't know anything about what he is saying. And I might need a replacement soon seeing that I am leaving for the States on the 18th to 29th of December.
Vote: TSQ
Mainly based off of this post.
Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:17 pm

Post by Pariah »

Fritzler wrote:
Zindaras wrote:*laughs*

Hey Fritz, who should we be voting?
duh

katy
No pariah obv

PJ and Alko are having me write a patch to the game document because they can't understand my design file. (What's so hard about it?! D: ) I'm visiting my mother at the moment, but things are getting pretty good around here so if Alko would like I can take the ship back again, but it's his game as far as I am concerned since he kept things going through the deadline. Godspeed you drinking buddy of mine.

EDIT: Wait what? I'm not visiting my mother. I'm going there soon. I need more sleep.
Tales of Monkey Island - made by the guys who brought back Sam and Max!

Surely, PariahKing is a good, nice and kind man and would not mess with us in such a way. - Zindaras
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:58 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Zindaras wrote:*laughs*

Hey Fritz, who should we be voting?
duh

katy
No pariah obv

PJ and Alko are having me write a patch to the game document because they can't understand my design file. (What's so hard about it?! D: ) I'm visiting my mother at the moment, but things are getting pretty good around here so if Alko would like I can take the ship back again, but it's his game as far as I am concerned since he kept things going through the deadline. Godspeed you drinking buddy of mine.

EDIT: Wait what? I'm not visiting my mother. I'm going there soon. I need more sleep.
Oh sweet, I get a patch.... Crap, that means all my revisions are meaningless! Hmm... we'll see how it turns out.

Vote count coming shortly.
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:59 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Hello everybody, the giant yellow bird is here to help you all with
The Official Vote Count!

TheStatusQuo – 3 – Wuffles_II, TheEyeofMordor, Zindaras

Hurrikaty - 2 - Thesp, Fritzler

TheEyeofMordor – 1 – Thestatusquo
creampuffeater – 1 – Mert
Marli – 1 – Bogre
Klebian - 1 - creampuffeater

With
alive, it takes
to make the giant yellow bird a happy birdie.

Those who are left in the nest – 8 – Illumina, dahen, HurriKaty, Olio, Toaster Strudel, Save the Dragons, Thok, SpectrumVoid
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:01 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Thestatusquo wrote:What have I done to be the play at deadline?
You were the one closest to being lynched. And I think you're scummy, too.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:10 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

it wouldn't surprise me if TSQ turned up scum but I'm not satisfied enough to vote him.

Vote: Zindaras
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:31 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Zindaras, based off of what, exactly?

Also, what do people think we should think of CPEs claim now? I am wary of it, myself for two reasons.

1) we have an apparent confirmed cop in katy.
2) CPE has promised us more contribution (in his claiming post, no less.) But his only posts since then are clarifying spelling, and voting klebian for having 'bad predictions') essentially OMGUS, because klebian said he suspected CPE.
(and me as well, but that's irrelevent to my point. YOu don't see me voting klebian just because he;s wrong.)
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:21 pm

Post by olio »

vote: Zindaras

Most scummiest in my eyes at the moment.
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:57 pm

Post by dahen »

Hi!

I'm writing a PBPA from the beginning since I am replacing. I will probably be proved wrong on some hunches when I get to later pages, but I'll let you know my thougts as they evolve:

I was not looking at the thread before the outage, so I don't know the stuff that's missing.

We start with some analysis of possible deaths. Then TSQ sticks his head out and nominates Wuffles(Klebian). I think it's a good way to start a game. He had some motive, but not very strong ones. Strong motives should be kept safe. I think Wuffles defended himself quite well. TSQ claimed Wuffles missed the main point, but I didn't see it that clearly either.

What strook me was STD:s eagerness to jump on TSQ. That was scummy! Then spectrumvoid follows as well. Don't like that either.

Zindaras seems to be an analytical player. It doesn't say much regarding scummyness, but I like it, and so far I agree with him.

Zindara accuses Olio with right, but I think Olio defends in a senseful way.

Mordor could die without me crying. Self-voting is stupid. It is such a thing that might or might not save the indivudal. But it has nothing to do with the individual being town or not.

But STD changes his vote to Mordor. Mordor needs to be taught how to play, but not by STD who was putting pressure on TSQ. Even more scum vibes on STD.

Then we have some attacks on CPE. STD feels less scummy now. I don't know how to interpret STD and TSQ agreeing so quickly on CPE though.

Zindara seems to be seeing a good reason for the above. It works for me.

Then Olio on CPE as well. Weird.

Don't like the way Zindara says you cannot change opinions without major scum tells. STD gains credit from this. But I still think he's a good candidate.

Spectrumvoid thinks Fritzler's question is good, because it lets you tell who are most anti-town and most pro-town. The point of voting and FOSing is to tell who are most anti-town. Cops have a dilemma of pointing out their targets if forced to tell who are most pro-town. Don't like it spectrumvoid. Feels you were just looking for something to say. Scummy!

CPEs defense doesn't tell me much. I don't see him as clearly scum.

STD posts a lot and contributes. I like that.
At this point (page 8) I think Spectrumvoid is the most likely scum, but maybe another target would give more information.

The CPE claim on the other hand seems ok. I think he hinted at a power role when he mentioned not claiming yet earlier.

Finally time to look elsewhere. My candidate spectrumvoid quickly unvotes, but has no other strain to follow. Then she posts again with some metagaming thoughts but nothing substancial.

STD continues his posting and hopping. The hopping is so obvious that I'm starting to cross him from the scum list. He wouldn't need to to it since he isn't saving someone. Of course, WIFOM applies as always.

Suddenly Zindara is very sure of Mordor being town. I believe him. I see no reason to wagon him becuase of this. So back with STD to the scum list for attempting.

Illumina doens't say much. But he thinks Zindara might be mason. Of course he might, but I don't like speculating that in the open. Also Illumina is against going after the claimed cop, which of course is sound reasoning. But why no vote from him? Stating the obvious. No theories. Scummy!

Oh, then finally some reactions from Spectrumvoid. She votes STD here. Hmm. I don't see a distancing voting coming at this point, so I have to leave the Spectrumvoid+STD pair as scums (at least of the same group if there is more, which I think).

Thesp seems eager to get Katy dead. Katy sure hasn't contributed at all.

Illunina still talks about masons, even though CPE has denied a link to Zindara. And still no theories.

Then Katy says she would just sit there and be killed. Way to defend yourself. Such reactions are just plain bad and takes some fun out of the game.

Now Illumina wants people to explain Katy votes. Hmm. That questions doens't seem right, as Thok points out.

Then Katy makes a semi-claim as cop. Why not full claim?
Then the full claim, which STD confirms.

Back to Spectrumvoid as best choice for me.

I completely fail to see why Zindaras is the most scummy at the moment. Olio, you have been rather quiet. Maybe you can tell why Zindara is a better candidate than my Spectrumvoid?

vote Spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:20 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Responses first.

Summary of why dahen's voting for me.
1) SV following STD voting on TSQ.
2) lack of contribution
3) Distancing from STD

1) Well, yes, I did vote TSQ based on STD's reasons. But STD's reasons for voting TSQ was TSQ making a contradiction (post 38). I thought that was a valid reason for a vote. This also happened in page 2 early game, where there was no other scum tell.

2) My response to Fritz's question: You left out the bit where I said planned to vote a lurker. Implication: I didn't think anyone was patricularly scummy to warrant a vote.

Reasons for my absolutely horrible inactivity:
- First I was having a problem logging in and posting. I think Yos helped me post about it in vacation thread. Problem was solved.
- Then I had a weird time stamp problem, where I was posting from the future, then I was barred from posting. BA and pablito posted evidence of this in 2 threads in the help forum.
- Mafia had 2 crashes. I had term papers due during the first, and school exams during the 2nd. It was very hard to catch up with everything after that... I still haven't caught up with everything.
- Proof and evidence all scattered around the site. Check the posts of any game I'm in and you'll see the same horrible activity in the same time period.

3) I voted for STD mainly because of his vote-hopping. Also look at the timing of the vote. CPE has just revealed his cop claim. I was simply trying to point out another person whom we could discuss in lieu of CPE.

Here's my reason for unvoting STD. I don't think we should oust a revealed role day 1.

More about others in the next post.
Blank.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:31 am

Post by dahen »

Great to see a response with more to come.
You didn't get everyting right in the summary though.

First, my post was not a case against you, it was a re-read and all thoughts as they came and went.

Then, I never really accused you of inactivity. I just accused you of posting "neutral" content which makes me feel you tried to avoid focus.

I clearly wrote that your vote on STD was probably NOT a distancing vote, meaning I would be supripsed if you both were scum. One scum on the other hand felt probable at the time.

Later, STD has confirmed a cop, so obviously he isn't the play. We agree on that. I never said your vote or unvote on STD was scummy.

The neutral content together with the quick following of STD onto TSQ are the reasons for my vote.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:44 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

About CPE:
HK's role isn't cop. HE knows only their role name or occupation. he doesn't get to find out their alignment. (Unless occupation = alignment? I don't really know what occupation is.) So it's possible that CPE is really a cop. Also since this is a large theme, it's possible to have more than 1 kind of cop. I don't think CPE is the play for today.

About half-claiming:
HK's actions here make sense. Considering he's claiming a pro-town power role, it's possible that he didn't want to claim fully. By saying he's copish, he could've split the scum's attention between CPE and himself, which I think is a pro-townish move.

I'm a little confused over the Zindaras and TEOM issue. If I've gotten this right, Zindaras has claimed that TEOM is town. TEOM denied any knowledge of it => TEOM and Zindaras aren't masons. While I'm suspicious as to Zindaras's role, I can't think of a reason why scum would reveal someone to be town, since it narrows down the lynch pool.

Dahen: You pointed out that Illumina stated the obvious without a theory. I disagree. Now that we know about HK, I think Illumina's post 280 about Thesp and Thok was a good analysis of who did what and how, and I think these two deserve an
FOS
. That disproves your point. I'll take another look at the two, but my vote will be on one of them.
Blank.
HurriKaty
HurriKaty
Goon
HurriKaty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:27 am

Post by HurriKaty »

I believe CPE's claim. We appear to be two different kinds of investigative roles. Also, I'm not sure how many cops are standards in games as large as this. I considered asking when CPE had first claimed, but that would have pointly outted me early on, though that seems to have happened anyway. Le sigh.

Also, Spectrum, I would assume the fact that I have the name "Katy" in my name would alert you to me being a girl. :(
HurriKaty: *runs over Nightson with a mack truck*
Jathan84: OWNED BITCH
Filiusnocte: *is run over*
Filiusnocte: *bites Katy anyway*
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:49 am

Post by Fritzler »

haha

katy's a girl

gross

im not voting her, she'll probably give me cooties
Surfs up dude.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:28 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Hello everybody, the giant yellow bird is here to help you all with
The Official Vote Count!

TheStatusQuo – 3 – Wuffles_II, TheEyeofMordor, Zindaras

Hurrikaty - 2 - Thesp, Fritzler
Zindaras - 2 - Save the Dragons, Olio

TheEyeofMordor – 1 – Thestatusquo
creampuffeater – 1 – Mert
Marli – 1 – Bogre
Klebian - 1 - creampuffeater
SpectrumVoid - 1 - dahen

With
alive, it takes
to make the giant yellow bird a happy birdie.

Those who are left in the nest – 5 – Illumina, HurriKaty, Toaster Strudel, Thok, SpectrumVoid
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:30 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm still curious as to why I'm the vote leader, perhaps it has something to do with me being voted by two people not actually playing the game since the random voting stage. Zindaras, if theres no reason for your vote other than me being the second most besides katy, then I think it's a horrible idea to vote me off

1) The OMGUS vote of someone I put forth a half baked theory about p1, and

2) A player who is not even playing the game voting me with no analysis.

:rolleyes:
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:47 am

Post by Zindaras »

Thestatusquo wrote:I'm still curious as to why I'm the vote leader, perhaps it has something to do with me being voted by two people not actually playing the game since the random voting stage. Zindaras, if theres no reason for your vote other than me being the second most besides katy, then I think it's a horrible idea to vote me off

1) The OMGUS vote of someone I put forth a half baked theory about p1, and

2) A player who is not even playing the game voting me with no analysis.

:rolleyes:
Uhh, yeah, I had a thought, then I had to write a DP and I forgot.

I found dahen's analysis very interesting. I think Olio's scum, from that post. Olio's been following StD around a
lot
, in pretty much everything, and I don't trust that at all.

Unvote, Vote: Olio

Note: I voted you because I thought the deadline was on Sunday (and I do think it originally was). The deadline got moved, so now the vote isn't necessary.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:57 am

Post by Illumina »

I should really be doing papers, but I'll throw my two cents in >>

I missed the bit where TEoM denied knowing what Zindaras was talking about, but yeah, masons = not likely. I'm still not sure what to make of it, but there's no way to really know at this point.

Also, dahen: welcome to the game. I feel I've debunked Thok's
misrepresentation
post about me, and based on your post you objected for the same reasons Thok did. (This is especially convenient, as it means I've essentially debunked your post pre-emptively :wink:). I think it's a little odd that you immediately sided with Thok on that point -- noted for future reference.

You also imply that I would have been more productive if I'd voted for someone, which I disagree with.

I also don't see compelling evidence for TSQ yet. I know we have a deadline, but I'm not enthusiastic about him as a lynch candidate.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:25 am

Post by Thok »

Illumina wrote:Also, dahen: welcome to the game. I feel I've debunked Thok's
misrepresentation
post about me, and based on your post you objected for the same reasons Thok did. (This is especially convenient, as it means I've essentially debunked your post pre-emptively :wink:). I think it's a little odd that you immediately sided with Thok on that point -- noted for future reference.

You also imply that I would have been more productive if I'd voted for someone, which I disagree with.

I also don't see compelling evidence for TSQ yet. I know we have a deadline, but I'm not enthusiastic about him as a lynch candidate.
I don't really think you have; I just hadn't bothered to reply to your argument yet. The major point of my comment was that the only constructive thing you've seem to be doing in this game is saying "I don't understand this wagon, give reasoning! I don't understand this wagon, give reasoning!" There are times where it's good not to give reasoning, as you can gain valuable information by seeing how people respond to things. Moreover, both Thesp and I had given reasons why we were suspicious of Katy by your post (specifically that she seemed more interested in other concerns then finding scum).

Let me put it this way; you've never placed a vote in this game, and I have no real feel for who you are suspicious of. Why haven't you voted for me yet, which would be a natural reaction to your concerns? Why didn't you consider voting STD after he was on both of the two wagons you didn't understand? Why haven't you gone after Thesp? Any of these would be normal reactions and would be more helpful to town than what you are doing.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”