395: Big Lebowski -- game is dead :(

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:21 am

Post by willows_weep »

/confirm.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:52 am

Post by willows_weep »

Wow, so much drama before the game starts.

Well, the movie really is worth seeing.
I know when I played BlackAdder mafia I had not watched any of the series before the game. But I did do my HW, especially because most everyone else had seen some of it and were making important references. So I looked up characters, plots of each episodes, etc. It was really helpful when it came to character based claims, and epi references.

Well, hopefully this game gets off soon.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #42 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:09 pm

Post by willows_weep »

I will be away this weekend. Back Monday night.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:17 pm

Post by willows_weep »

wow...I missed so much.
:)

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #60 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Wow, lots of random voting going on. I'm going to abstain.

That was a lot of searching around B_k. So far no one strikes me in any way. But its nice to check out the responses going around (I've never played a game where mafia could speak before day 1)

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #74 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:36 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Ok.
Is it only me that finds it the slightest bit odd that as a first attack on day one, is based on 1 player stalking every other player?

I would have figured that someone would have wondered if there was anything behind a player self voting as their first action of the day.

Though b_k, how is it that you began to investigate that specific track?
It's just a bit odd to me, to be away all weekend then have that be your first day 1 post.

I'm all for checking out vibes. And maybe I am just not 'getting' it just yet. But say mafia were chatting before D1 started (in any game), why would they be seriously limited by the time they confirmed in an already stalled thread. They had time.

I see that mod posted on a Saturday (23) ChaoticD confirmed on the following Tuesday 26th, and ColonelK followed that Sunday 31st. If both are in cahoots and colonel posted around the site all week, why would he only come forth on Sunday, 2 days after people posted about how slow things were going (b_k noted that Ck posted on the 30th) (though I do wonder about that odd excuse of not having internet to even do a confirm)

Ah, I did miss mafia and the 'debates' that occur on the use of wording :).

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #81 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:27 am

Post by willows_weep »

Is there a reason for no one else in the thread even bothering to investigate the time frame OUTSIDE of b_k's allegations?

the two under speculation atm had from the 23rd to the 31st amidst warnings/demands from the thread to hurry and start the game. There was mucho mas time for conference by the time the first one confirmed.

I'm not willing to vote solely based on ' they confirmed late, they MUST be mafia'.
I've never been in a game that allowed mafia pre d1 talk, though I have been in games where I didn't know until a bit that I had a pm from the mod, or realize I had to confirm in the thread not in pm. Sometimes if I was busy I would just read the pm and come back when I had the time!

So, that's the experience I'm coming from when I say 'I need more to go on' and I'm surprised that so many people are seriously condemning players with only b_k's allegations. Usually there's at least 3 schemes going on at once for d1!

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #84 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:44 pm

Post by willows_weep »

'So many people' =
Colonel Kurtz- 3 (lazarusmoth, riktus, warpdragon)
chaotic_diablo- 2 (chaotic_diablo, big_kahunia)

You voted for yourself before b_k's post. The other votes came after. Usually for me more than 2 people who support something. Meh, I'm surprised, I mean nothing else has been going on= seriously condemning.

It's nice to try and read people from the chatting that's going on though.

Anyway, do you have any reply to 'why did you vote for yourself'? Just wondering.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #112 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:48 am

Post by willows_weep »

Heya,
I've been away having comp issues, and then proceeded to forget about the game.
Sorry about not notifying any of that.

Oh, the reason I did not think it a natural option (to have mafia talk before day 1 when game starts with day 1) is because I've never played like that. That's all.

Why haven't I posted too much other than saying 'meh' to b_k's argument, or that it would be great to see the thread talk about something other than wordage:
Because that's all that's been going on, even after me missing some days of convo, I see we're learning to take things in stride and in proper context.
Not necessarily that someone is scummy, or has odd vibes.

Now, purposeful lurking. I can take that as something to chat about.
Right now Fircoal just seems odd to me. Not scummy. Just odd.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #117 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:50 am

Post by willows_weep »

Wow, I had a dream that b_k was a mafia helper (one that the mafia doesn't know about). Atticus and someone with a name starting with a P was mafia.

It was an interesting dream.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #129 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:02 pm

Post by willows_weep »

wow, a deadline?
I figured everyone was waiting for replacements was why my post was still the only one. I mean, yeah we haven't talked about much, but it's not completely our fault. It's kind of odd where there are only half (or whatever) of the folks 'present' to get a lot of clues.

Other than that, how many replacements are needed again? If we go into night wont we again be plagued by the lack of players (that probably can't be answered by mod, but just widely speculated upon by players who will eventually realize it doesn't really matter because we wont have an answer till end game unless something cool happens )

I'm not voting.
So I guess by deadline since I think NL has more than 2 votes that's the choice (4votes).

oh...I just realized it's passed the deadline.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #131 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:27 pm

Post by willows_weep »

I figure that the mod would not open the thread period until all players are available.
That way there is little that can be assumed from night happenings. You know?

is that what you're talking about?

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #151 (isolation #12) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:17 am

Post by willows_weep »

OOo...I need to do a read through. But I do know that B_k is dead. He was the inventor. And pro-town. The mod said so :)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”