/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:06 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1523, Llamarble wrote:I'm not especially disinclined to lynch Nacho at this point though, since he's a strong enough player to know that the way you survive getting lynched is original scumhunting / pushing a new direction in the face of lynch-danger, and I can see his posting as scum doing that.

It's also the only thing I can do as town if I want to be happy with the end of day lynch.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:32 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1523, Llamarble wrote:
In post 1515, Benmage wrote:
With 1 1/2 days till deadline, and noone voting DV... could you be more useless?

Don't be dumb. It's easy to get 6 votes together in 24 hours if you get traction. Nacho is way more 'useful' than you even if he's scum.

I'm the dumb one? "cases" and "epiphany's" just apparate?? (HP anyone?) .. If DV so glaringly scum, wouldn't we be voting him? Or someone would have made a case by now? Or atleast people must surely have mentioned him as being suspect.

Just exactly how many people have voiced interest in seeing DV lynched, or the very least have him in their scum pool. Go on... how many?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:44 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 1526, Benmage wrote:

Just exactly how many people have voiced interest in seeing DV lynched, or the very least have him in their scum pool. Go on... how many?

I'd compromise there, for the simple fact that he's not a townread.

I'm going to go on record to say that I openly hate the nacho wagon. Sure it's possible I'm missing something, but no one's been able to explain to my satisfaction why he's scum.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:40 am

Post by Faraday »

Day 3, Votecount 11

Cogito Ergo Sum (4) - Llamarble, Shadoweh, Zachrulez, OhGodMylife

OhGodMyLife (1) - Cogito Ergo Sum
Nachomamma8 (3) - Benmage, Deasvail, Tierce
Deasvail (1) - Nachomamma8

Not voting (2) :
Empire, Tammy

• With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 7th of April at 3:59am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-04-06 23:59:59)
  • NO ONE is V/la

are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:04 am

Post by DeasVail »

Um... Nacho you never scumread me... :(

So if you don't think I'm doing anything townish (which doesn't make much sense considering your earlier townread on me), am I not allowed to find someone else not-townish? I don't get that at all.

Regarding CES, because he's mostly just a 'feels town' read (and I'm sorry, but that's all I had at that time), he's now in the not-very-town category.

Most of your points just don't seem good at all to me though, and I'm not going to be really annoying and keep insisting that people answer a question if everybody ignores it. Maybe I should be, I don't know, but I just can't really do that.

This has just come out of nowhere and it really feels like he's just gone 'Hmmm, I think I'll attack DV. He always has juicy reactions' and then looked through my ISO and just come up with whatever. He's also really misrepresenting my meta, since that post is obviously more of a 'I'm so town. Look at me!" post than anything else and I think he knows that.

Llamarble, I don't really understand what you find to be good about the case? I'm trying to be objective about it, and I just see it as bad-sounding stuff that isn't actually scummy at all.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:30 am

Post by Tammy »

I'll respond to some other things when I get home, sitting at a bar editing my dissertation fml, but this is not how I'd expect deasvail to respond to the case against him as scum. I have some things to say about the case in the first place but was waiting to see how deasvail responded before saying anything.

Empire - if you have internet and see this, will you tell me what you think of the case and deasvail's reaction?

okay later.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:30 am

Post by Tammy »

I'll respond to some other things when I get home, sitting at a bar editing my dissertation fml, but this is not how I'd expect deasvail to respond to the case against him as scum. I have some things to say about the case in the first place but was waiting to see how deasvail responded before saying anything.

Empire - if you have internet and see this, will you tell me what you think of the case and deasvail's reaction?

okay later.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:59 am

Post by Empire »

My phone is about to run out of batteries, just posting from here to say that I won't have access until later tonight and I'll catch up then.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:29 pm

Post by Faraday »

Prodding OhGodMyLife
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:38 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1504, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1472, Tammy wrote:So, if he thinks that ces is town and Llamarble is scum, why is he limping about not actually trying to get his scum read lynched?

Do you really think I've been "limping about trying to get my scumread lynched"? Because if so, there's a problem.

No, I believe you were limping about
not
trying to get your scum read lynched. And yes, I agree that's a problem, glad you recognized that!

What I think is a more interesting problem is that you get called out for limping about, and you don't actually then try to get the person you are scum reading lynhced. The person you've been misinterpreting and making silly arguments with but not actually trying to prove anything against. The person you warned should kill you last night but have not done anything with. Instead, instead, you get called out for limping about and what do you decide to do? Make a case against probably the easiest target save OGML here. You havent even talked to him all day save you asking why he had llamarble as a town read in

Why in do you just question deas about his scum read on you? I've said for the past few days that I might prefer a lunch of you over ces. Tierce has mentioned that she would lynch you too, so why are you just questioning deasvail?

is scum posting. "I can't dismantle your thoughts if the only thing you say is you think I'm scum". Don't be that guy. is also pretty terrible.

What it very much looks like to me is that you were very satisfied to pretend to contribute today when it looked like ces was getting lynched and not you. And that once you got a few votes and more people started questioning you, you went uh-oh that other lynch I was avoiding might not actually happen, and people are actually starting to notice me in a negative light, I should probably do something, let's get aggressive and try to act town. Problem is I don't believe you believe half of what you're saying.

I don't understand why people are town reading nacho; I think it's a good lynch would lynch twice.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:45 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1517, Benmage wrote:

@Tammy
I know you unvoted CES, and I imagine you're still willing to go back to him... correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways, can you give me a little insight on your Nacho read please. (Sorry if it means repeating oneself)

I don't trust nacho. I would be willing to vote ces, though I'm unconfident in my read there either way. But I've been going. Back and forth on him and nacho all day, thinking nacho might be a better vote, simply because there are a few more things about ces' play than about nachos play that I like. But I think both have a good chance of flipping scum.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:47 pm

Post by Tammy »

Okay, I'm going to wait to vote until I
sober up
here empires take on the deas/nacho thing.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Post by Tammy »

*hear
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:46 pm

Post by Tierce »

Hey guys. Guys. (Part 2) 21 hours. Can has dead Nacho, please and thank you? The Deas thing was really really bad and below Nachotown.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:49 pm

Post by Empire »

Hey, I just got back and I'm still pretty drunk, gonna start catching up now? Will this be as bad as last time, lets find out
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:05 pm

Post by Empire »

In post 1490, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:That post didn't look connected to the thread at all. Anger is a perfectly understandable reaction in many cases but there was nothing here that that post works as a reaction to. Recognize the shortcut you're making.

That's not what I was getting at, i meant his Llamarble suspicion in that post adn the bit of stuff leading up to it. I thought the Nacho suspicion was townish initially but looking back the reasioning for it seems kind of weak given the seeming strength of the read but yeah overall I thought that was town. From what I remember in that one scum game Tierce linked, he just basically tunneled on one player for weak reasons and didn't really seem all that interested in other players.

Also, I don't get why you're being so dismissive of his reactions generally. I think typically players who perceive themselves as stronger town/really weak scum (which OGML seems to) normally don't give a shit when they're being wagoned as scum or when they're not being listened to (at least that's the case with me and I'm pretty sure that's the case with anyone else I know like that) which seems pretty much unlike his reactions here.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:27 pm

Post by Empire »

In post 1495, Tierce wrote:By the way, Empire, Tammy: stop it, you two, this is probably one of the Towniest games I've seen from both of you and you have both been ridiculously busy; lower activity and participation is understandable. Yeah, you want each other to participate more, but just SAY SO instead of going on walls about it. You're either Town or GODMODE SCUM, and I don't think you're in any RL state to become GODMODE SCUM at this point. So give this game what time you
do
have and stop bickering.

Ok FINE but she said really mean and hurtful things to me :(

I do want to say a couple of things though @ Tammy

1) I thought it was pretty obvious that i was trolling you into towninating during our whole back and forth on D1 despite me saying I wasn't <_< I admit, I was a bit paranoid, sure, but I was never like actually suspicious of you or anything.
2) I brought up the BBmolla thing as a counterexample, though i did misremember the game, i thought he talked more generally than just Tierce. Regardless, I still maintain that it's not even remotely a scummy post and I HAVE seen town do it all the time.
3) The main reason that I'm overreacting frankly the last thing I want to deal with this game is paranoid bullshit coming from you about me when it should be pretty fucking evident that I'm town to anyone who knows an iota about my meta. You even said it yourself that I've dropped at least five of my towntells this game so unless you think that my scum game has magically and vastly improved from Rarefaction I (a game that has happened something like half a year ago now or something) you shouldn't even have doubt.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:39 pm

Post by Empire »

In post 1504, Nachomamma8 wrote:
What sort of intent do you think I had as scum in answering a question directed at CES?
That's part of BBMolla's meta.

Seriously, dude? Of all the stuff Tammy and I had just said towards each other, you only pick those two things to talk about?

To answer your question, I think that's bad play and not alignment indicative (I mean, I can obviously see the scum motivation for it but it't something that's done a lot as town too -- I do it sometimes when i'm overeager and not really thinking.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:04 pm

Post by Empire »

Ok, I'm gonna start combining quotes now since I hate spam posting as much as most people and I don't want to clutter the thread. Also, the Nacho quote tags are a huge pain in the ass.
In post 1517, Benmage wrote:Okay, mad you aren't more in the game (ditto) don't know what to say...

How about a vote dude????!1??Mrtownread... Preferably on Nacho.

Yeah, I know, I'll vote tomorrow morning when I'm more soberish, I'm fine with the two main wagons on CES/Nacho though

In post 1518, Nachomamma8 wrote:This easy? It seems like you have been having a lot of trouble with the game recently; this easy isn't really something I wanted to hear from you.
Weren't you going to meta me?

You should try reading that post in context and check the actual implication of what I was saying. And I'm fairly fucking sure I did meta you on the wallpost issue a while back when Tierce asked me to.

Also, I don';t know if it's because I'm having sobriety issues right now but I have no clue where in the world you're getting your DV meta from and I'm having major issues with the rest of the case. If you've read any of DV's scum games (castle zar, la la land, whatever that weird pokemon upick was called), you'd know that DV has no trouble faking bullshit concrete reasoning as scum and I think him being upfront with the fact that he has little more than gut feeling/minimal reasoning is a pretty significant towntell for him, especially gicven that I think DV is far more image conscious as scum than to do that.

There's a few other things I have problems with in that case but the big one that bothers me is the early game posts you quoted. I need to check again but I'm pretty sure you had a townread on him relatively far into the day despite him making those posts and I'm pretty sure you didn't mention them at all, so why bring them up as scummy now? Also, if you have meta knowledge that DV loves to be persuaded to join wagons as scum (quoting one post in one game to support that proposition is weaksauce btw), why didn't you bring those early game posts up as scummy back then? Idk if I'm making any sense right now but yeah.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Another deadline scramble for a lynch.

Really guys? I don't even know anymore... just... fucking urgh.

This game needs more decisive decision making. We currently have like the opposite of that going on right now.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:13 pm

Post by Empire »

In post 1529, DeasVail wrote:Um... Nacho you never scumread me... :(

So if you don't think I'm doing anything townish (which doesn't make much sense considering your earlier townread on me), am I not allowed to find someone else not-townish? I don't get that at all.

Regarding CES, because he's mostly just a 'feels town' read (and I'm sorry, but that's all I had at that time), he's now in the not-very-town category.

Most of your points just don't seem good at all to me though, and I'm not going to be really annoying and keep insisting that people answer a question if everybody ignores it. Maybe I should be, I don't know, but I just can't really do that.

This has just come out of nowhere and it really feels like he's just gone 'Hmmm, I think I'll attack DV. He always has juicy reactions' and then looked through my ISO and just come up with whatever. He's also really misrepresenting my meta, since that post is obviously more of a 'I'm so town. Look at me!" post than anything else and I think he knows that.

Llamarble, I don't really understand what you find to be good about the case? I'm trying to be objective about it, and I just see it as bad-sounding stuff that isn't actually scummy at all.

Ok yeah, can we not lynch this guy? That would rule.

Tammy, I hope the abiove two posts answers your questions but if you want me to clarify stuff let me know ASAP so i can do it when I wake up.

Tierce your thoughts on DV's reaction?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:24 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

None of Benmage, Nacho, or Deasvail seem particularly interested in supporting a CES lynch.

Nacho's support in particular could have very possibly seen CES dead by now. The thing I don't like about a Nacho lynch at this point on top of my read of him is that by not supporting it, he's making his own death more likely. (Unless there's a reason for doing that as scum, I don't see that as a particularly great sign... you know in terms of the likelihood of flipping scum.)
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:16 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I don't think it's something that is very unlikely for scum to do.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:08 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 1545, Empire wrote:Tierce your thoughts on DV's reaction?
It was worlds better than anything Nacho put out.

I got something else from the latest posts, too. Even if we see a Mafia Vanilla flip, I don't ever want to lynch Zach. His game is miles away from his posts as sottyrulez (though it was actually just him playing solo) in Paranoia.

CES is probably Town, though, Zach.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:31 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1541, Empire wrote:
In post 1495, Tierce wrote:By the way, Empire, Tammy: stop it, you two, this is probably one of the Towniest games I've seen from both of you and you have both been ridiculously busy; lower activity and participation is understandable. Yeah, you want each other to participate more, but just SAY SO instead of going on walls about it. You're either Town or GODMODE SCUM, and I don't think you're in any RL state to become GODMODE SCUM at this point. So give this game what time you
do
have and stop bickering.

Ok FINE but she said really mean and hurtful things to me :(

I do want to say a couple of things though @ Tammy

1) I thought it was pretty obvious that i was trolling you into towninating during our whole back and forth on D1 despite me saying I wasn't <_< I admit, I was a bit paranoid, sure, but I was never like actually suspicious of you or anything.
2) I brought up the BBmolla thing as a counterexample, though i did misremember the game, i thought he talked more generally than just Tierce. Regardless, I still maintain that it's not even remotely a scummy post and I HAVE seen town do it all the time.
3) The main reason that I'm overreacting frankly the last thing I want to deal with this game is paranoid bullshit coming from you about me when it should be pretty fucking evident that I'm town to anyone who knows an iota about my meta. You even said it yourself that I've dropped at least five of my towntells this game so unless you think that my scum game has magically and vastly improved from Rarefaction I (a game that has happened something like half a year ago now or something) you shouldn't even have doubt.

It was a scummy post. Nothing you can say will change my mind on this. Deal with it.

Read my last post because this bs reply was unnecessary.

And you know what, never mind. I had a while post typed up with a response to you but it's clear you aren't actually interested in doing anything other than "how dare you"

So yeah whatever. You made a scum post. I'm not going to stop trying to read you or anyone, and when you or any town read makes a post that strikes a nerve I'm going to question it. You know this. And since you know I'm town, you know it was genuine. This response is ridiculous, and I'm done and beyond annoyed.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”