/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:46 pm

Post by Faraday »

Nachomamma1
Nachomamma2
Nachomamma3

Okay this is boring. 8 nachomamma's? Nachomamma8 it is. Nachommama8. This scene is stupid. That's because this one time at singer's nacho got drunk and I had to carry him. It owned, we played the white flag drinking game. Let's pretend Nacho died that night of alcohol poisoning. Lynching people is mean. Oh fine, if you insist. #YOLO Nacho.

Nachomamma8 -
Mafia Goon
was lynched Day 3.

Deadline is 48 hours from now. Countdown (expired on 2013-04-08 22:44:39)
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:47 pm

Post by Faraday »

ZACH ATTACK
ZACH ATTACKED
ZACH RULEZ
AT NOT LIVING LONG

#YOLO ZACH

Zachrulez -
Vanilla Townie
was killed Night 3.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by Faraday »

Day 4, Votecount 0

Not voting (9) :
Benmage, Cogito Ergo Sum, Deasvail, Empire, Llamarble, OhGodMyLife, Shadoweh, Tammy, Tierce

• With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 23rd of April at 3:59am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-04-22 22:59:59)
  • NO ONE is V/la

Last edited by Faraday on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:58 pm

Post by Tierce »

I may have done a ridiculously happy dance at seeing Nacho's scum flip, especially having it
right at the top of the page
. Then I moped because Empire was out and anyway I wouldn't be able to go WOOOOOO at him on AIM.

So this is your WOOOOOO, Empire.

I'd say Deas is Town. Empire and Tammy are definitely Town. That leaves Benmage, CES, Llama, OGML and Shadoweh. Have to think about this game. >.>
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:01 pm

Post by Empire »

THANK FUCKING GOD

Vote: CES
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Post by Empire »

Also, heads up, I have a lot of shit due this week (including a motion that is worth a ridiculous portion of my grade in one of my classes) so I won't be able to post all that much but I should be able to squeeze in some time to do interaction type stuff.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:14 pm

Post by Empire »

Also also, pet theory: Nacho was more motivated this game than in Zach's F11 Micro (where he basically seemed demoralized that he had drawn scum) because he had competent scum partners on his team.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Post by Tammy »

Just stopping in to go WOOOOOOOOOO

I'm about to pass out though so its more like woo

But 48 hours ago it was HOLY FUCKING YES!

And now that nacho did come back scum, I wonder if there was something to ctd's comment to nacho about shadoweh "you're clearly paying attention", he said it twice.

Okay back to this later *sleep* now.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:40 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 1606, Empire wrote:Also also, pet theory: Nacho was more motivated this game than in Zach's F11 Micro (where he basically seemed demoralized that he had drawn scum) because he had competent scum partners on his team.
Seems more like someone was badgering him to produce content, which provoked that mighty D1 reads post. Still, that does point toward at least one competent partner that was pushing him toward being more active and participatory. Admittedly, that's pretty much everyone alive as scum except OGML, you, me (and DeasVail to some extent because I don't think it'd be Deas's type to push a partner so, but I might be wrong), so :hitoshrug:.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

I really should be happy but I'm too preoccupied with trying to fit the rest of my foot in my mouth. It's already jammed in there pretty tight.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:00 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Excellent.
VOTE: CES
If I'm right about CES too then I don't have to feel bad about not being on the Nacho wagon yesterday :)
I'll do the thing where I properly figure out who Nacho's buddies are later.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:05 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

In all seriousness I haven't looked at this game since the night phase ended and it's depressing to remember it exists. I don't think I'm up to writing something more extensive then I was wrong and shouldn't be allowed to make decisions. I will try to read over Nacho and see what there is to draw from there. I don't really understand how that lynch happened in the first place.

A good start would be why are you voting CES when you stopped lynching him yesterday to lynch Nacho?
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:12 pm

Post by Tierce »

Shadoweh: Can you provide me with games, as scum and as Town, where you had this kind of reaction to not being in a scum lynch? Because it seems rather excessive and you have been
not
in scum lynches before, up to and including defending scum. Why the sudden "woe is me"?

In other news, Faraday's new teeth are rather creepy.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:39 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1611, Shadoweh wrote:In all seriousness I haven't looked at this game since the night phase ended and it's depressing to remember it exists. I don't think I'm up to writing something more extensive then I was wrong and shouldn't be allowed to make decisions. I will try to read over Nacho and see what there is to draw from there. I don't really understand how that lynch happened in the first place.

A good start would be why are you voting CES when you stopped lynching him yesterday to lynch Nacho?

Dafuq? A good start or you would be to read the game. I dont understand how you dont understand how the nacho lynch happened or how you could possibly be asking the ces question if youre ctually reading the game. But I seem to recall that you don't really read games when you are scum.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:33 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote: CES

I might have been wrong about Benmage, because Shadoweh really seems like he wants us all to know he's scum too
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:06 am

Post by Empire »

In post 1608, Tierce wrote:Seems more like someone was badgering him to produce content, which provoked that mighty D1 reads post. Still, that does point toward at least one competent partner that was pushing him toward being more active and participatory. Admittedly, that's pretty much everyone alive as scum except OGML, you, me (and DeasVail to some extent because I don't think it'd be Deas's type to push a partner so, but I might be wrong), so :hitoshrug:.

I think the motivation came from within because he made that kind of post in Always On as a traitor (e.g., with no prompting from his scum buddies despite his somewhat low activity that game prior to that post). Could easily see that happening if he has someone who plays a strong scum game on his team.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:40 am

Post by Llamarble »

Well, Nacho mostly works well with the people from the PoE pool.
I have a hard time seeing him not voting CES, if CES is town, late yesterday.
He also very rarely mentions or talks to CES, in general.
A lot of his discussion with DV sounded almost coachy, and wheeling on him late for things he could have mentioned earlier certainly could be a buddy-vote.
And while this isn't Nacho-end, DV did offer to hammer CES when his preferred Nacho wagon was the main alternative.
He pretty much defended N throughout (see my earlier post quoting lots of Nacho posts of this type, though in the end I more got 'Nacho = Scum' and 'Nacho + N' became secondary).
I shall have to reread late D2 to examine those Benmage / CES votes in context.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:42 am

Post by Llamarble »

Also works fine with Shadoweh.
Yeah, I shall have to read the other ends later.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:26 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 1615, Empire wrote:
In post 1608, Tierce wrote:Seems more like someone was badgering him to produce content, which provoked that mighty D1 reads post. Still, that does point toward at least one competent partner that was pushing him toward being more active and participatory. Admittedly, that's pretty much everyone alive as scum except OGML, you, me (and DeasVail to some extent because I don't think it'd be Deas's type to push a partner so, but I might be wrong), so :hitoshrug:.
I think the motivation came from within because he made that kind of post in Always On as a traitor (e.g., with no prompting from his scum buddies despite his somewhat low activity that game prior to that post). Could easily see that happening if he has someone who plays a strong scum game on his team.
That's a good point. (And Nacho is competent enough himself and willing enough to play scum that he
needs
no prodding like that.) Might not be so much a competent scumbuddy(ies) but the fact that he has a hell of a playerlist to beat? I mean, yes, there were several very good players in Zachyard as well, and he was saddled with a less-than-optimal scumbuddy, but this game seems to take more work for scum than an F11 setup.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by Empire »

In post 1616, Llamarble wrote:A lot of his discussion with DV sounded almost coachy, and wheeling on him late for things he could have mentioned earlier certainly could be a buddy-vote.
And while this isn't Nacho-end, DV did offer to hammer CES when his preferred Nacho wagon was the main alternative.

I can see your point re: the timing of Nacho's case but I disagree with the coachy stuff. It makes sense only if you consider DV an inexperienced/incompetent scum player but I think DV does just fine as scum that Nacho wouldn't feel the need to interact with him in that way if they were partners. I suggest you take a look at Mafia in La La Land where they were scum partners (I'm going to do it myself when I have time.)

In post 1618, Tierce wrote:That's a good point. (And Nacho is competent enough himself and willing enough to play scum that he
needs
no prodding like that.) Might not be so much a competent scumbuddy(ies) but the fact that he has a hell of a playerlist to beat? I mean, yes, there were several very good players in Zachyard as well, and he was saddled with a less-than-optimal scumbuddy, but this game seems to take more work for scum than an F11 setup.

It's possible I guess but the town roster was very stacked in F11 to the extent that it visibly took a toll on his morale (check the scum QT -- especially that comment where he says he'll hate Zach if CES is the doctor) which is so different from his approach here that I think my theory is more likely. The setup taking more effort for scum might not be such a big deal for two reasons: 1) We don't know that's the case because we don't know what kind of power scum have to offset what we have (contrast this with Nacho feeling constrained by the setup almost right off the bat in F11), and 2) Even if we assume the setup is townsided, it might not be that big of a deal standing alone if he has someone like, say, the dude I'm voting on his team. I don't know if I'm making sense here, but yeah.

@OGML:
What made you feel uncomfortable about Llamarble last Day phase and what is your current opinion of him?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:41 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

In post 1619, Empire wrote:
@OGML:
What made you feel uncomfortable about Llamarble last Day phase and what is your current opinion of him?

I was uncomfortable with his constant "we're the best townies towninating town towners ever!" refrain that he kept hitting over and over again. My current opinion is that he's town. I don't think the marble-nacho kerfluffle that dragged on forever and a day was scum on scum.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:42 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 1620, OhGodMyLife wrote:
@OGML:

I was uncomfortable with his constant "we're the best townies towninating town towners ever!" refrain that he kept hitting over and over again. My current opinion is that he's town. I don't think the marble-nacho kerfluffle that dragged on forever and a day was scum on scum.
Why was Llamarble's refrain making you uncomfortable when Empire, Tammy and I keep reaffirming we are all Town? What is it about Llamarble that doesn't apply to the other three?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:48 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

In post 1621, Tierce wrote:
@OGML:

Why was Llamarble's refrain making you uncomfortable when Empire, Tammy and I keep reaffirming we are all Town? What is it about Llamarble that doesn't apply to the other three?

You three have been doing it (as far as I can tell) for most of the game, and most everybody else has been on the "well if you all say so let's go ahead and say so" train. Marble looked like he wanted to piggyback his way into the town club by heaping oodles of praise on how awesome y'all + him are. But like I said, not much chance he's scum with nacho, so he can go ahead and toot his and anyone else's horn he likes now, I'll let it slide.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:01 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 1622, OhGodMyLife wrote:
In post 1621, Tierce wrote:
@OGML:
You three have been doing it (as far as I can tell) for most of the game, and most everybody else has been on the "well if you all say so let's go ahead and say so" train. Marble looked like he wanted to piggyback his way into the town club by heaping oodles of praise on how awesome y'all + him are. But like I said, not much chance he's scum with nacho, so he can go ahead and toot his and anyone else's horn he likes now, I'll let it slide.
He was pretty much voicing what anyone would say/think/acting like they think so as either alignment, no? Whatever alignment you are, you are not about to suggest that obvTown or YOURSELF be lynched, so you eliminate four targets from the lynch pool if you are not part of the {Empire, Tammy, Tierce} group. It is's "piggybacking his way into the Town club" if he's being practical and not adding himself to the lynch pool. That's like saying people who add themselves to a Town list on a reads' list are scum.

Either way, I think this is mostly theory disagreement, and you don't think he's scum, so.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:26 am

Post by DeasVail »

Ok!

So I'm thinking CES too, maaaybe OGML actually based on memory, but I may be forgetting something I found town.

I was going to look at Nacho interactions tonight, but I've kind of run out of time. :( I am actually a lot less busy from here on though.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”