orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

calcifer goes before TMT

1520 I agree with completely

Serene, can we talk about fery
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 1525, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:calcifer goes before TMT

1520 I agree with completely

Serene, can we talk about fery
Or, you could talk
to
fery.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:42 pm

no i'm going to ignore you ;)
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:46 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

You can try.

You are town reading Bulba. Why?
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:58 pm

In post 1473, Rift Adrift wrote:Yeah. I may be a luddite for leaving Cephrir in my willing to lynch pile right now, but his catch up posts aren't giving me unadulterated warm fuzzies.
so your distrust of cephrir starts here, not sure why, i liked them.
In post 1492, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 1490, Cephrir wrote:Rift: Nulltown, haven't pinged me at all or wowed me like ffery did in Amnesiac.
I wowed you in amnesiac? I was only around for a day. IIRC I wound up with 5 or 6 votes on me at one point, including yours.
this doesn't seem like a reason for people not to be wowed

i mean, you dug yourself out of it and your gameplay isn't exactly universally accepted
In post 1497, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 1494, Cephrir wrote:I then proceeded to call you obvtown for the rest of the day
Your read-flip on me kept me suspcious of you for the rest of that game day. My only real regret about that game is that I didn't try a hell of a lot harder to get serra lynched.
blah
In post 1498, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 1496, Cephrir wrote:Well, I *have* some, but some of them aren't very strong.

There are also a lot of lurkers in this game.
True re the lurkers. Some of the players that came off most scummy early on have disappeared. That includes your predecessor.
to what extent is doc holiday's scumminess transferring over?
In post 1506, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 1489, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1193, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 1191, DOMO wrote:I am curious to know if there's any more masons. But from a tactical point of view, I'd rather not know today, because keeping scum in the dark in that respect is better than feeding my curiosity.

If scum do not know how many masons there are, they won't fakeclaim mason, so I'm not sure why BRO asking how many masons there are can be considered as a counter to scum fakeclaims. On the contrary, knowing how many there are tells scum if there's anything to gain or not from fakeclaiming mason.

If both masons die tonight (highly unlikely but yeah it's possible), then we deal with anyone who claims to be a 3rd and final mason if and when it happens. We see if it makes sense for them to be a mason with serene and dram. It's not a concern, because it's a remote chance that both masons die tonight, and someone later claims to be a 3rd, with no 4th to confirm. It's much better imo to keep scum guessing. If they don't know how many masons there are, they can't make an optimal decision on who to NK tonight, because they'll be torn between trimming down the mason group, and hunting other PRs.

Yeah I can see more scum motivation than town for asking how many masons there are.
First post from you guys that has unequivocally hit me as town-motivated. Recalibrating.
I don't get it. How so?
It's a well reasoned,
town
reasoned explanation for why town doesn't need to know the number of masons today, and why leaving the uncertainty in play for scum makes town sense.
i would agree that it's a town-motivated post (jesus christ how is DOMO not town yet to you), but i would disagree with the conclusion

sure, it might make more sense to keep scum in the dark on mason number, but you're not explaining very well why BRO thinking up an elaborate plan for scum is more likely than him just making a bad decision as town
Rift Adrift wrote:You can try.

You are town reading Bulba. Why?
like i said i'm not seeing any scummy posts and you'll need to bring some to my attention

serene's case is shit
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:08 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Re Cephrir, these posts
In post 1514, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 1510, Rift Adrift wrote:Nacho, was 1499 you?
I was hoping you were still around to reply to this.

One of the reasons I kept Cephrir in my scumpile for much of the amnesiac game (while I was in it and afterwards) was because his posts came off as hedgy to me. Another reason was that the posts also came off as a little wordsmithed. And the final reason was his first post after day 2 started because I want to lynch cheerleading/reverse cheerleading with fire every time I see it.
In post 1515, Rift Adrift wrote:And that is by way of saying that his reads list is not bothering me too much.

Are me saying that my read on Cephrir softened. I really, really didn't like Doc Holliday's posts. Cephrir's catch up posts didn't move my read much. Once he caught up and started interacting directly, I could see more of what I identify as his town game (which in the amnesia game we've talked about looked pretty scummy to me.)
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:09 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 1530, fferyllt wrote:Re Cephrir, these posts
In post 1514, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 1510, Rift Adrift wrote:Nacho, was 1499 you?
I was hoping you were still around to reply to this.

One of the reasons I kept Cephrir in my scumpile for much of the amnesiac game (while I was in it and afterwards) was because his posts came off as hedgy to me. Another reason was that the posts also came off as a little wordsmithed. And the final reason was his first post after day 2 started because I want to lynch cheerleading/reverse cheerleading with fire every time I see it.
In post 1515, Rift Adrift wrote:And that is by way of saying that his reads list is not bothering me too much.

Are me saying that my read on Cephrir softened. I really, really didn't like Doc Holliday's posts. Cephrir's catch up posts didn't move my read much. Once he caught up and started interacting directly, I could see more of what I identify as his town game (which in the amnesia game we've talked about looked pretty scummy to me.)
gah.

Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:10 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

So your concerns about Mac are no longer relevant?

I will go through and pick out some of the Bulbafenix posts that pinged for me, but probably not until tomorrow. It's past midnight here.

Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:12 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

Oh wait...you think I'm still scumreading DOMO?

Dude, you picked up on the post where my read changed and you're asking me that?

Babel-17
KingCrabd
KingCrabd
Goon
KingCrabd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:21 pm

Post by KingCrabd »

Oi oi oi, you guys (girl too) had a party and didn't invite me? I am sad now.

So about that shadi slip. I hell missed that as it happened, good catch.
KingCrabd
KingCrabd
Goon
KingCrabd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:31 pm

Post by KingCrabd »

Support shadi lynch now, hesitation gone, meta is weak, scumslips are strong.

I can sort of see the calcifer angle based upon nacho, but I need to pull some... other head was mastin? Mastin work before I look there for a vote.

Not to mention King finally has power back in his state and owes me a readup and reads synch.
KingCrabd
KingCrabd
Goon
KingCrabd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:31 pm

Post by KingCrabd »

Derp I would forget to vote...

VOTE: shadi
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:36 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

Where's the slip?

Babel-17
KingCrabd
KingCrabd
Goon
KingCrabd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:41 pm

Post by KingCrabd »

Shadi's 761
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28000 (my first game on site btw) I don't really see why Cabd thinks I'm that strong of a town, but then again he read my ass pretty fucking well in this game and with that I don't mean alignment as Cab was scum but my thoughts and future actions. He hasn't yet seen me as a confirmed scum to say what my town meta is and not, although I guess it's a similar feeling I have with him now but this time I'm reading town.
Then ceph pointed it out in one of his catchup posts:
So he has seen you as scum, but he doesn't know it yet? Got it.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:45 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

"Hasn't yet seen me as a confirmed scum"

hm

Babel-17
Shadi1337
Shadi1337
Goon
Shadi1337
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:49 pm

Post by Shadi1337 »

I don't really understand what's going on.

What I meant is that I was confused over the fact that he had a town read on me due to my meta and how he could see that as enough. (After all he used that Newbie game as his MAIN argument)

I then (as I wrote that) thought about it and realised I pretty much have the same thing with him so maybe I shouldn't have questioned that. The difference is I read him town this time, if you compare his aggressive style and wagon-jumping in newbie newbie he's like an entirely different person. Much more calm and thinking twice about his analysis and actions. I would have read his aggressiveness as town motivation if I didn't know it was his scum game, but it's all gut.
Shadi1337
Shadi1337
Goon
Shadi1337
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:51 pm

Post by Shadi1337 »

the last sentence refers to the newbie game again, if anybody wonders. here's the link (again): http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28000 it was a really good role setup, is this a common one? I always see that "3 role set possibility"-table which sucks..
Shadi1337
Shadi1337
Goon
Shadi1337
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:56 pm

Post by Shadi1337 »

oo I think I'm getting it, no please read the word "confirmed" as in flipped/confirmed (confirmed as in end game or so)-kinda scum
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:10 pm

In post 1532, Rift Adrift wrote:So your concerns about Mac are no longer relevant?

I will go through and pick out some of the Bulbafenix posts that pinged for me, but probably not until tomorrow. It's past midnight here.
No, I don't trust my early game reads very much
In post 1533, Rift Adrift wrote:Oh wait...you think I'm still scumreading DOMO?

Dude, you picked up on the post where my read changed and you're asking me that?
no my question was to the effect of "how is DOMO only now getting town why was he scum before" like seriously
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:52 pm

Post by Cephrir »

When I pointed that out I was half pointing out a potential scumslip and half being a snarkbucket

I think my favorite lynches are actually randomletters and TSO but I don't really object to Calcifer
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:14 am

In post 1535, KingCrabd wrote:Support shadi lynch now, hesitation gone, meta is weak, scumslips are strong.

I can sort of see the calcifer angle based upon nacho, but I need to pull some... other head was mastin? Mastin work before I look there for a vote.

Not to mention King finally has power back in his state and owes me a readup and reads synch.
Continue sheeping my reads and you'll be fine

You'll have to fast forward a bit to the part where you start sheeping me on calcifer though

That's where we're lynching today
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:17 am

Cephrir: Nero is town. His scumgame is far less useful (no I'm serious)

I thought BRO was your favorite lynch
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:07 am

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 1389, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:you know what scares me

of all the sperm your dad ejaculated

you were actually the smartest & fastest

or was your mom's egg just so nasty that everyone else didn't want to go for it
It's insulting rubbish like this that suck any will to bother reading the game.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:05 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

^i actually found it funny

but nero does it better

orc's are still good though
Serene
Serene
Mafia Scum
Serene
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:08 am

Post by Serene »

In post 1546, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Nero is town. His scumgame is far less useful (no I'm serious)
His town game is his scum game. I think your Nero read is wrong. He's super-scum to me.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”