The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:36 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Whatever... when he comes up scum you're next to go brohanes.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:15 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i spose that probably true, but that kind of logic will inevitably lead to the fall of the town :(
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:14 am

Post by Ripley »

It's hard to say anything about a player who's claimed illness without sounding callous and brutal, but I have seen IH around and posting elsewhere so it's reasonable to assume he's not
seriously
ill. And it does start to look like this is one thread he's avoiding. There's been nothing you could call content from him for ten days now, and with quite a lot of people suspicious of him it's getting harder to accept excuses for why he's not been here defending himself.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:53 am

Post by IH »

Is there an actual case against me besides (lurk lurk lurk)?

Also, yes I am here now. = )
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:03 pm

Post by IH »

1.Hypocrisy would=scumminess Shadowlurker in the case of spectrumvoid (who I am most suspiciosu of at the moment)

1.Votes someone
2.Others agree with her, and also vote them
3.Becomes suspicous, and accuses the person who would be on the bandwagon for the same reason.

= | I seriously haven't seen any coherent case against me other than ShadowLurker saying "IH is scum. SV is scum. TCS is scum. Who's ready to lynch?"
he also compares that game to Switch mafia, which I would say a no to, since we had a little bit more information too.

I don't like how TCS suddenly jumped onto me, first with the intention to wagon me, and then acting as if he actually saw something scummy.

So, is there a case on me besides lurking the hell out of this game?

unvote, vote:SpectrumVoid
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:12 pm

Post by Patrick »

Quickfire Votecount

Battle Mage (2) -- Ripley, Shadowlurker
Spectrumvoid (2) -- Twito, IH
IH (4) -- Spectrumvoid, The Central Scrutiniser, Lowell, Akbar
Akbar (1) -- AndrewS
The Central Scrutiniser (1) -- Battle Mage

Not Voting: Fircoal
11 alive, 6 to lynch.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:55 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

IH wrote:1.Hypocrisy would=scumminess Shadowlurker in the case of spectrumvoid (who I am most suspiciosu of at the moment)

1.Votes someone
2.Others agree with her, and also vote them
3.Becomes suspicous, and accuses the person who would be on the bandwagon for the same reason.

= | I seriously haven't seen any coherent case against me other than ShadowLurker saying "IH is scum. SV is scum. TCS is scum. Who's ready to lynch?"
he also compares that game to Switch mafia, which I would say a no to, since we had a little bit more information too.

I don't like how TCS suddenly jumped onto me, first with the intention to wagon me, and then acting as if he actually saw something scummy.

So, is there a case on me besides lurking the hell out of this game?

unvote, vote:SpectrumVoid
Make your posts more coherent.

Are you suspicious of me?

If yes, reasons?

Hypocrisy is not a scumtell.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by IH »

In order.

Maybe

not at the moment

It was in the case specified, as she was comitting what she was suspicious of until the post in which stated.
SV wrote:
unvote

Erm... AndrewS the point isn't about you missing the post. I think the wagon is on you not because you're inattentive, but because of possible misrepresentation.

I do not think AndrewS is scummy because of that, it's probably an innocent mistake. Reason being I'm a pretty active poster, he couldn't have tried to malign me since it was so easy for me to point it out.

It's the people on the AndrewS wagon who worry me.

vote: IH

(I'm giving BM some leeway here and I know it, but IH's an experienced player.)
= | Seriously, this goes right along with "I was doing it just to get reactions" which is scummy in my book, because anyone can go back and "justify" anything with these arguments.
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:37 pm

Post by Twito »

ShadowLurker wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:I prefer to think of it as a good attempt at avoiding a Townie-Lynch.
Afraid of the fact that i have worked out ur scumbuddies perhaps?
Yes both are obviously true.
Claiming scum are we?
Ripley wrote:And it does start to look like this is one thread he's avoiding.
Yeah I have the exactly same feeling about him on other threads aswell.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:38 pm

Post by Twito »

I don't remember reason for my vote so I won't change it until I look it up.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]

spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:31 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Sounds a like to me like: You voted me! Bam!
Blank.
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:45 pm

Post by Akbar »

I wonder if Fircoal has any thoughts on the situation. Haven't heard from him in about a week.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by Fircoal »

Not really, what's why I haven't been posting, and I think there are other people too that haven't been posting.
Fircoal strikes me more like an awful fake claim that gets you lynched in under 25 posts. - Kelly Chen
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by Ripley »

At this stage I still think Battle Mage is the best lynch. Here are some reasons why.

1. He has been quite vocal about other players, and other players about him, so we would learn a good deal from his lynch.

2. Lynching Battle Mage compensates for the damage he caused when he claimed townie (on only 3 votes). With only one power role remaining we want to do all we can to protect our cop, and we can help do that by lynching one of the two claimed townies. Of the two I prefer Battle Mage - he just has seemed scummier than AndrewS. I thought ShadowLurker's town tell on AndrewS had some value (though certainly not enough to clear AndrewS altogther).

3. Continuing the day would presumably lead to more bandwagons and more claims. By lynching at this stage we avoid any more townie claims and. most importantly, avoid outing the cop. This is really an argument for a prompt lynch rather than a lynch of BM specifically, but since he's my preferred candidate it is also by extension an argument for lynching him.

4. The other reasons I had for suspecting him (overplaying and inconsistently playing the newbie card, admitting he lies when protown) are already set out in post 77 so I won't repeat them here.

5. I've never understood this, which was one of the first few posts of the game, and before Masterchief had even posted:
Battle Mage wrote:because Lowell seems happy to go for Masterchief, i can assume he is not Mafia.
Therefore i change my vote to Lowell, in an attempt to save a citizen.
I just did a reread and this post is mentioned by several people during the game:
Fircoal, Post 56 wrote:This bad logic. But I think I got confused with the fact that I thought, he said Lowell is not scum, and he had no reason for Lowell not being mafia, when he only posted one thing. Then he votes Lowell. Which got my confused. I think I got the meaning wrong.
spectrumvoid, Post 68 wrote:On a side-not here, I think the confusion here is genuine. BM says in the quote that he 'can assume HE is not mafia.' Then he votes lowell. The confusion was due to poor grammar. Which HE? Lowell or MC? It's BM's fault here for not clarifying what he meant.)
TCS, Post 173 wrote:my vote on Battle Mage was because his logic for voting Lowell was faulty. "X votes for Y, I'm convinced Y is town, therefore X is scum" is bad logic. Furthermore, I'm (still) not sure how BM could be certain of MC's innocence when at that point he hadn't even posted yet.
... but as far as I can see Battle Mage has managed to avoid the topic altogether. In fact he responds to Fircoal's post (quoted above in full) as if Fircoal had said the bad logic was claiming early, and thereby completely avoids the issue Fircoal was actually talking about:
BM wrote:well i dont see how 'claiming' early on is bad logic.
when it is crystal clear Fircoal said nothing of the sort. spectrumvoid picks this up and accuses him of misrepresentation but Battle Mage dances right off topic again with a load of non sequiturs. As for TCS's comment, which comes some time after the others, BM simply ignores it.

So I think there is some evidence that the original remark was a slip and that Battle Mage subsequently diverted attention away from it. At any rate, this is a better case than I can find against any other player.
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by Twito »

Unvote
Vote: Ripley
Show

Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:25 pm

Post by Fircoal »

Ripley wanting a fast lynch is what a scum would want.

Vote: Ripley
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:20 pm

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

FoS: Twito and Fircoal
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:22 pm

Post by IH »

unvote,vote:Fircoal

For mischaracterizing Ripley. He never said he wanted a fast lynch, he said it would be the best lynch at this point.
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:42 pm

Post by Akbar »

IH wrote:
unvote,vote:Fircoal

For mischaracterizing Ripley. He never said he wanted a fast lynch, he said it would be the best lynch at this point.
Ripley wrote:This is really an argument for a prompt lynch rather than a lynch of BM specifically, but since he's my preferred candidate it is also by extension an argument for lynching him.
? :?
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:45 pm

Post by Fircoal »

Ripley wrote: 3. Continuing the day would presumably lead to more bandwagons and more claims. By lynching at this stage we avoid any more townie claims and. most importantly, avoid outing the cop. This is really an argument for a prompt lynch rather than a lynch of BM specifically, but since he's my preferred candidate it is also by extension an argument for lynching him.
Also, here he points out that continuing the day would be bad.

Fos: IH
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:04 am

Post by Battle Mage »

anyone fancy a TCS-Ripley Mafia Pairing?
I have said that TCS has been acting suspicious from the word go, but his defence of Ripley (who has also been acting scummy) makes me wonder about their relation to each other...
:?:

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
FoS: Twito and Fircoal
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:23 am

Post by Ripley »

By page 10, and after 3 weeks, and with conversation having dried up, I disagree that lynching would be a "fast lynch" by any definition of the word "fast". If posting hadn't picked up we'd probably have been looking at a deadline soon anyway.

Yes, I do think days can be stretched out too long and are sometimes driven to that by scum who are amassing more and more information as a result of roleclaims and people going into greater detail about who they find most suspicious. This is all very useful for scum when deciding on nightkills, and there are usually a few townies who can be relied on to parrot cry "quick lynch bad, slow lynch good!", without stopping to consider whether it actually
is
a quick lynch any more, or whether the potential gains of deliberately prolonging the day outweigh the potential risks. I think this is a case where the potential risks should at least be taken into consideration.

And it's very noticeable how nobody has bothered to discuss any of the points raised in my post, and there are plenty. It's so much more effortless to chant "quick lynch bad, Ripley bad!", isn't it? You can do it without thinking at all! Why take the trouble to think, when there's a convenient parrot cry available?

Anyone who wanted to keep things going today was perfectly free to read back over the thread, find something suspicious, post an analysis. Nobody did. The hypocrisy in particular of Fircoal is amazing. He posts nothing for a week, and then when called on it says he has nothing to contribute. His only two posts in the 9 days prior to that week were single sentence placeholders that added nothing of any use whatsoever. If you want the day to continue so badly, Fircoal, put some work into the game. Like I did.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:46 am

Post by AndrewS »

Ripley, I agree that a lynch would be fast by no definition of the word. However, in response to your arguments posted above, we've already discussed them, and came to the conclusion that BM is probably too stupid to be mafia. If he were mafia, he'd probably be playing a great deal more carefullly. I do have to agree with one thing: We do have to end this day. As for who the lynch should be, I don't know. IH is really looking scummy to me, but IH always looks scummy to me. Twito...Hmm...I think that his play is just characteristic Twito.

After thinking about it, I really feel that our best bet is IH. He is jumping opportunistically on a very small scum-tell and his actions previously have been rather scummy anyway. I sense that his vote on Ripley is an attempt to deflect attention away from his wagon. Therefore:
Unvote, Vote: IH
"I hear that random.org punches babies." - Thesp
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:11 am

Post by Lowell »

Fircoal wrote:
Ripley wrote: 3. Continuing the day would presumably lead to more bandwagons and more claims. By lynching at this stage we avoid any more townie claims and. most importantly, avoid outing the cop. This is really an argument for a prompt lynch rather than a lynch of BM specifically, but since he's my preferred candidate it is also by extension an argument for lynching him.
Also, here he points out that continuing the day would be bad.

Fos: IH
An "FOS" on IH? Avoiding placing the vote, are we?

IH and Fircoal are scum. Man, I'm so smart.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:57 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

Battle Mage (2) -- Ripley, Shadowlurker
IH (5) -- Spectrumvoid, The Central Scrutiniser, Lowell, Akbar, AndrewS
The Central Scrutiniser (1) -- Battle Mage