Policy Discussion: Banning Players

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:05 am

Post by AndrewS »

1. Do you feel experience requirements are acceptable in Large (Theme/Normal) games?

Yes, at the moderator's discretion. We've seen a ton of newbies hop the queue and jump into a large game without a proper understanding of the basic game. This means that moderators generally have to do one of two things: Create simpler setups to avoid questions of understanding their role and making silly mistakes, or only take on experienced players. Of course, any limits should be reasonably low - 2-5 games.

2. If so, do you think they would be appropriate for other types of games, such as Mini Theme games?
Yes, in fact, moreso. In a mini game, every individual player has a great deal more power than an individual in a large game, and a single player can ruin an entire mini.

3. Should Mods be allowed to ban specific players from their games?
Yes. Some players will simply never get along, and I could see certain players hopping into the signups of certain mods just to make their lives miserable.

4. If so, what reasons are acceptable for doing so?
Among them: Players who break rules, need to be replaced often, have been disruptive or crude. This is not an exhaustive list, however.
"I hear that random.org punches babies." - Thesp
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:19 pm

Post by AndrewS »

Zindaras wrote:We're supposed to be one big family after all.
Vote: Zindaras
"I hear that random.org punches babies." - Thesp

Return to “Mafia Discussion”