Policy Discussion: Banning Players

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:43 am

Post by HackerHuck »

1. Do you feel experience requirements are acceptable in Large (Theme/Normal) games?
I haven't finished one of these games yet, but I think it should be allowed at the mod's discretion.

2. If so, do you think they would be appropriate for other types of games, such as Mini Theme games?
As a genreal rule, I don't think there should be more than three non I/C players in any mini game. However, the mod should be allowed to have their own experience requirements (which may allow more than three newbies)

3. Should Mods be allowed to ban specific players from their games

Yes, as long as we have a strong consensus of what acceptable reasons are. I don't think anyone should be put in the position of having to mediate a dispute that results from a ban.

4. If so, what reasons are acceptable for doing so?

I've seen a number of good ones listed so far. Obviously cheating and flaming are good reasons. I don't think lurking would count, unless it causes frequent replacement.

I like MBL's idea of the replacement rule, but I'm afraid that it might make things worse. Those who don't care enough to follow through in a game aren't really the ones we want to force into another game at a later stage where they won't put forth the effort to play catch-up.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”