Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by Glork »

Even with the illness, it seems like Nightson posted less in this game than in most (though not all) of his other games, when I look at the "all posts by Nightson" page. He gave the most attention to Two-Headed Mafia, but he neglected several of his games. I don't know that I can draw any definitive conclusions from this.

What I
can
gather is that, before midway through D2, Nightson seemed fairly active. After his Post 367 on Dec 15, his activity dropped off dramatically. I don't know what to make of that other than "Nightson went away, then came back and was sick."

At this point, PJ, I really don't understand why you think Nightson/VitR are scum. There's one thing I find out-of-the-ordinary about Nightson, and that's his "I suck at reading Glork, and I'm bad at number-crunching" comments in his last substantial posts. It does feel like Nightson was trying to get people to not want to ask or rely on his opinion.
Everything else I picked up on was from D1, when Nightson may or may not have thought he was GorillaScum. Nevertheless, Nightson
does
fit the bill of "reasonably lurky," which is what I would have expected from SMs pre-revelation.

Basically, my conclusion, PJ: Based on Nightson's posts so far, I find it entirely possible that he's scum, but not enough to put him ahead of Friztler or Dahen right now, and certainly not enough to put him above Klebian. I will look at VitaminR's posts later. And I plan on examining Fritzler's and Dahen's posts before I even attempt to come to a decision as to who I think Kleb's scumbuddy might be. We're not in any hurry, so I'd like to do this right.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:38 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Yep yep yep, good policy.

Slow things down when somebody is attacking
you
, speed them up when things are going how you want them.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:41 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count (unchanged)

klebian: 1 (Glork)
Glork: 1 (petroleumjelly)

Not voting: dahen Fritzler klebian VitaminR

With 6 on the bridge, it will take 4 to push someone out of the airlock.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:33 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

STARDATE 1038.1063:
By now, the few remaining survivors on the bridge of the
SS Simian
know very well how the emergency power systems work. They know in particular that if 24 hours pass without any activity whatsoever, then the Ship's computer initiates power shut-down so as to conserve energy.

Deadline:
Thursday 1st March 9.30am GMT.

PS:
I might not be able to post again until Tuesday - I'm sure you'll all be able to survive without me until then.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:21 am

Post by Glork »

VitaminR PBPA:

First indicates that he's read the day's posts and that my claim "seems credible." Wants to read over everything before making decision.

Post 871: Doesn't like Glork's attacks on MC, but can't think of plausable reason for lack of N4 kill. First to bring up idea of MC as backup to Lieutenant (I think), and openly rejects Ensign-Doc possibility. Wants to talk things over first. Seems like even though he can't think of another reason for no N4 kill, he wants to talk things over and make sure he hasn't missed anything. Sensible stance, but not necessarily indicative of being pro-town.

Post 873: 1-2 (likely 2) scum; neutral about lynch/no-lynch -- Glork likely nightkilled, makes Kleb lynch more sound, last lynch difficult; indicates he has not been told of a roleblock (and claims Soldier in the process)

Post 889 -- agrees with dahen on Ensign-Roleblocker flavor. Isn't sure why MC would claim to be a roleblocker, though, instead of vanilla SM.

Post 903: Finds roleblock, one-shot NK immunity, and "something else" to be most likely explanations for no N4 kill; thinks MC may have been RB, backup, or doc -- strongly indicates that he thinks it's Backup rather than RB/Doc. This bothers me a little, as VitR seems to waffle between wanting to go after Klebian (and believing me) to thinking MC may have been an RB (which would indicate that he thought I was scum and wanted to lynch me) to going back to thinking that Ensign was non-RB.

Becomes increasingly convinced that PJ is right about Glork, but still bothered by lack of N4 kill. Wants to know PJ's thoughts on N4.

Post 926 is one with which I actually agree. I can see a case against Nightson/VitR for the general lack of contribution or willingness to step out and take a stance, but I don't really like PJ's attack.

I like the explanation in the second paragraph of Post 936. PJ, did you ever address that point? If VitR is scum, then StD's near-lynch presents the exact same scenario which leads you to believe that VitR is
not
pro-town.

Post 971, he once again speculates on potential MC roles. He still seems likely against Doc or Roleblocker. He also once again asks PJ for "concrete" reasons to believe he is scum.

The one thing I'm getting from VitR is that he fluctuates a bit, especially with regards to MC's potential roles. I think that his defenses are appropriate given the nature of PJ's attacks. VitR seems to want to believe that my blocking of Klebian is responsible for the lack of an N4 kill, but he is unwilling to commit to a vote.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:28 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Hey you slackers. Try voting.

Quit pussy-footing around. If you
want
a No Lynch, vote No Lynch instead of making everybody wait on you. For those of you who
believe
Glork's claim, there is no risk in lynching somebody other than him: from that position, even if there are 2 Space Monkeys and even if we lynch a Gorilla today, Glork would still have a chance in blocking a kill this upcoming night leaving 3 v 2 tomorrow.

Spit spot.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:42 am

Post by VitaminR »

I'm sorry I've been a bit absent. I haven't had much time.

You're oversimplifying the issue, PJ. I'm not particularly convinced by Glork, but I don't see a plausible alternative for night 4.

I agree that putting off the decision isn't all that helpful and I'll try not to keep you waiting for too long.
klebian wrote:Vitamin; if MC was not a vig, then SpeedyKQ was a red herring. I think we're good to assume Speedy was a red herring.
I didn't say SpeedyKQ was not a red herring. I said that, flavour-wise, his presence makes a lack of doc plausible.
klebian wrote:I don't really know if MC would've claimed if he was a roleblocker. He was, after all, GorillaScum (in his mind). I think that he would've gone the same way he did regardless of his role (which I consider a roleblocker still a possibility).
I would always expect a scum roleblocker to claim roleblocker.
klebian wrote:And "That doesn't really leave many plausible roles for Masterchief. " If you're going to assume this, then please read my arguments that I have posted regarding this. I have directly said that there are plenty of roles that he could have -- what does plausible mean in this game's context?
I thought they were all implausible. This game might have had a big twist, but the roles have all been rather standard.
klebian wrote:Vitamin: Your post seems to be from the point of view that you believe glork. Noted.
Yours seem to be from the point of view that you don't. Noted.

But seriously, I'm not sure if I believe Glork, I haven't indicated otherwise, and I don't know why you've put me in his corner. I have to admit I don't like your recent posts much, though. You seem fairly unwilling to acknowledge that there are facts that make it difficult to make this decision (that the lack of a nightkill is significant, for instance).
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:00 am

Post by klebian »

Vitamin, do you think that if MC was a scum doc, he wouldn't have claimed doctor?

Also, The thing is, I know the lack of a night kill is significant. However, as I myself know I am vanilla, I know that there must have been some other reason for this. However, how do you expect me to tell you why something happened? I think that we are relying too much on the fact that MC probably had a standard role, and we are assuming too much of how he would play (like how he would've claimed roleblocker). I can't explain why there was no n4 kill, but I don't think that you can really say that even if there were only standard roles, MC didn't have a role that could interfere with night kills.

Well, deadline is soon approaching, and I get the feeling that glork is making it seem as if it's either me or him, so I shall
vote: glork

Oh, and, @Vit: why I think you believe glork? Well, for starters, I'm not the only one
glork wrote:VitR seems to want to believe that my blocking of Klebian is responsible for the lack of an N4 kill, but he is unwilling to commit to a vote.
But I just get this feeling from your explanation of how MC "couldn't" have been a roleblocker.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:36 am

Post by Glork »

Ah, the ol' "It's me or him, and it's not me" logic. I never implied that one of us would have to be lynched today (in fact, PJ seems to be the one doing that)... I'm saying that I'm following my role information and the information I've dug up against you and concluding that you're scum.

I'm getting nothing more than OMGUS with some pretty crappy backing. Stay quiet, even state that you think you believe me but think I'm misguided, then at the end of the day, decide that I'm scum because I'm going after you, because no better mislynch alternative cameup.

As mole would say, "die suck die."
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:46 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Glork wrote:Ah, the ol' "It's me or him, and it's not me" logic. I never implied that one of us would have to be lynched today (in fact, PJ seems to be the one doing that)... I'm saying that I'm following my role information and the information I've dug up against you and concluding that you're scum.
That's pretty stupid. Try reading over the day: does it look to you like any of Fritzler, VitaminR, dahen, or myself is going to be lynched? This day pretty much
has
been brought down to one of two lynches. Klebian is being perfectly realistic.
Glork wrote:I'm getting nothing more than OMGUS with some pretty crappy backing. Stay quiet, even state that you think you believe me but think I'm misguided, then at the end of the day, decide that I'm scum because I'm going after you, because no better mislynch alternative cameup.
Hey, here's a thought. What else do expect klebian to do? Say "geez, I guess you're right, I must be scum according to your information so I guess I might as well vote myself"? No. In a situation where the town is probably in LyLo, I would fully expect that he would rather
suspect the person who has been pushing for his lynch the entire day on information he has claimed to have for three days but has not acted on that information until now
. It seems perfectly reasonable to
me

Also, you've done much of the same thing. Start off accusing klebian, then back off of him... once people start suspecting you, you all of a sudden want things to "slow down" (despite the fact that you have been pushing for this game to go faster-faster-
faster
! the whole game up until now), and then as deadline approaches, you revote him.

I am mostly waiting on these slackers who aren't voting. This is disgusting. I already knew where Glork and Klebian were going to place their votes today: what I'm interested in are dahen, VitaminR, and Fritzler, and yet they seem to be doing their damnedest to stay away from the thread at all costs.
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:56 am

Post by klebian »

Fritzler wrote:
Glork wrote:Fritz: What flavor ice cream?
Neapolitan, but that dick that takes way more chocolate than vanilla and strawberry
Can someone explain to me what this post meant, or was it a joke?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:11 am

Post by Glork »

petroleumjelly wrote:Hey, here's a thought. What else do expect klebian to do? Say "geez, I guess you're right, I must be scum according to your information so I guess I might as well vote myself"? No. In a situation where the town is probably in LyLo, I would fully expect that he would rather
suspect the person who has been pushing for his lynch the entire day on information he has claimed to have for three days but has not acted on that information until now
. It seems perfectly reasonable to
me
My point is that he has not really voiced any significant suspicions of me until just recently. He's let you sit here attacking me over and over again, and now since no alternatives came up, he's jumping aboard. I guarantee that if you had been pushing for VitaminR's lynch instead of mine, he'd be hopping aboard that. Klebian's taken on an "anyone but me" attitude, it seems.

PJ, could you explain the significance/meaning/intent behind your Post 961?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:14 am

Post by Glork »

klebian wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Neapolitan, but that dick that takes way more chocolate than vanilla and strawberry
It's an old running line from ScumChat back in the day.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:26 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Oh? Let's test.

Unvote: Glork, Vote: VitaminR

And no, I don't much feel like explaining Post 961 to you at the moment.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:30 am

Post by Glork »

Of course, PJ, you know that Klebs is going to hold fast in his Glork "suspicion" now. Switching over would be way too blatant a move, so unless he tries some crazy WIFOM, I doubt it'll happen. He'll go "No, I think Glork should die" and then you'll go "see, he really suspects you!" and then you'll switch back and we'll have accomplished.

I sortof think I know why, and I might even know why you're electing not to explain right now.

I still think we need to hear from Fritz and Dahen. I'm getting very tired of saying that.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:31 am

Post by klebian »

Glork, you do recall, that I haven't really trusted you since day 4? I don't think you can really say that I've not voiced any suspicions of you until 'just recently'. However, you have summed up these last few posts pretty well. Whether I am town or scum, it would be stupid for me to switch to voting on VitaminR.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:18 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Glork wrote:
klebian wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
It's an old running line from ScumChat back in the day.
true story

that's how tight we are
Surfs up dude.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:21 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Why no vote, Fritz?
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:22 pm

Post by Fritzler »

cuz i can't think but how much i don't like this game

ill probably end up voting for klebian
Surfs up dude.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:16 pm

Post by dahen »

To all my games:

Sorry for my absence Thu-Sun last week. I was on an unplanned vacation trip with my girl-friend. I'm back now, though.

To this game:
petroleumjelly wrote: I am almost to the point where I am going to make an ultimatum that I will not vote for anybody other than either Glork or VitaminR today.
That's too bad. I am going to vote Glork or Klebian. And I'll probably vote Klebian if Glork himself can look at his PM and compare it to his claim and tell where it differs the most.

Glork
, if you can see what I'm thinking about and correct it, spell it out and I'll vote Klebian.

PJ (confirmed)
, if you see what I'm thinking about, say so, but don't reveal it!

The rest (unconfirmed + Klebian)
, if you see what I'm thinking about, spell it out and I'll probably think you are pro-town.

Just so you know: Even if Glork can't find it, it's not an automatic Glork vote for me, since he could have that part worded differently.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:49 am

Post by VitaminR »

klebian wrote:Vitamin, do you think that if MC was a scum doc, he wouldn't have claimed doctor?
I think that if he had such an obvious power role, we would have seen something in his claim.

So... dahen I see what you mean, even though I missed the first time round. After Glork responds & reveals what he knows, checking his credibility, I could spell it out. Or do it now?

I don't want to ruin your set-up.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:34 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Yes, it is obvious what is missing in Glork's paraphrase, but it is firstly possible that scum were given a sample role PM before the game began and this whole discussion is silly, and will "confirm" somebody who ought not to be confirmed. It is further be possible that power roles do not have identical role PMs as regular Gorilla Soldiers, but do have additional flavor as to why they have powers.
PJ wrote:I am a Gorilla Soldier. My role explicitly states that I am scum, which is making me want to delete this post as I'm writing it. I was somehow separated from the Gorillas, have become subsequently lost, and I have no ammunition, and I have been waiting for the Gorillas to find me for four nights. I have no night choices whatsoever. I have asked Stoofer quite a few questions about my role, and he has refused to answer any of them.
Glork wrote:
PJ wrote:Tell me. Were you told if you were a Traitor? Were you told if you were lost? Were you told if you could be recruited? Were you told if you had weapons? I want to see a better paraphrase of what you're claiming.
I was basically told that, in the confusion on the ship's bridge, I had gotten separated from the other Gorillas. I was told that I had gotten lost, but I was not explicitly told that Gorillas were searching for me. I was also told that I had no weapons. However, having special officer training, I had the ability to convince other primates to stand down and take no action at night.
If you read carefully, there
is
one thing Glork mentions which I did not explicitly mention in my paraphrase. However, I would expect that specfic phraseology to be true of both Gorillas and a possible Space Monkey Traitor (even though he certainly made it explicit he had no 'traitorish' qualities about his role). Unlike Glork, I am not so quick to throw out such a possibility from my position. Seeing as the scum seem to have been trying to nightkill fairly experienced players (not including SpeedyKQ, this would include MrBuddyLee and Zindaras), an attempt to kill Glork while actually recruiting him to the Space Monkeys seems like a very plausible alternate theory in explaining the lack of a N4 kill.

The reason I had asked him to clarify earlier was because it was sounding like he was working
completely
off of my claim and then tossing on his own "Captain" flavor at the end. There isn't much in his responses which make me think otherwise.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:14 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

klebian: 1 (Glork)
Glork: 1 (klebian)
VitaminR: 1 (petroleumjelly)

Not voting: dahen Fritzler VitaminR

With 6 on the bridge, it will take 4 to push someone out of the airlock.

Deadline:
Thursday 1st March 9.30am GMT
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:49 am

Post by Glork »

I stand by everything I said. I was not told that I was being looked for by anybody. Indeed, I was told that I had lost
my
troops in the battle on the bridge. If you want anything more, I'm going to have to check with Stoof before posting anything; I'd rather not we lose because I get modkilled trying to prove my innocnece via flavor.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:48 pm

Post by dahen »

Glork wrote:If you want anything more
Yes, I do. Good to make sure you don't get modkilled, but don't stall because of this.
PJ wrote: Yes, it is obvious what is missing in Glork's paraphrase, but it is firstly possible that scum were given a sample role PM before the game began and this whole discussion is silly
Yes, it's possible. Feel free to continue on other tracks in parallel. This is my main interest now.
VitaminR wrote: So... dahen I see what you mean, even though I missed the first time round.
Depending on your creativity, it would be nice if you could post what you mean in an encrypted form that can be decrypted with a key you give after Glork's answer. I don't know if such stuff is allowed or if you understand how to do it well, but it would be nice. Otherwise, just wait a little for Glorkie.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”