Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:35 am

Post by Lowell »

I'm still liking my "sit back and let TCS do all the work" strategy.

Did SL disappear?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

:shock: But TCS is SCUM! :shock:

Lowell wrote:I'm still liking my "sit back and let TCS do all the work" strategy.

Did SL disappear?
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:05 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

See nothing intelligent to answer to.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:17 pm

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

To all of you not on the Shadowlurker wagon, I have one question for you: what, if anything, has Shadowlurker said or done to benefit the town, at all, this entire game?
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:37 am

Post by Akbar »

I went over some of the IH posts. There are several places where he made a definite effort to get wagons started on Ripley and Lowell. If anyone is still unsure about them, the 1st half of the thread will lend some insight. There are also a couple spots where he attacked Fircoal, just not as blatent.

In regards to SL, I’m starting to see some connections with BM and IH.
ShadowLurker wrote:BM: Shut up for a bit, it'll help the town.
This post gives the appearance BM isn’t following SL’s strategy.
Battle Mage wrote:i implore everyone not on the IH wagon to think carefully about what it signifies. This game certainly hasnt been the most lively ive participated in, and i somewhat feel sorry for those who are Mafia in it, as it must be a real drag. It is my OPINION (as believe me when i say it is nothing more than speculation) that those who are pushing for a lynch most, are these frustrated Mafia.
I personally dont think we have enough evidence to lynch him, and i am greatly suspicious of those who are piling him.
The Central Scrutiniser has been especially keen to lynch him recently.
Im not saying that i think IH is innocent, but TCS has been exhibiting some pretty scummy behaviour recently, and is certainly worthy of my vote.
The tone of this post seems to change half way through. It begins with “I implore everyone..” ie. Beg, seriously consider, urge, etc.
Then changes to “It is my opinion….nothing more than speculation...”almost like a safeguard for later to what he was saying at the time, because he knew it wasn't true.

Then SL jumps in:
ShadowLurker wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:i implore everyone not on the IH wagon to think carefully about what it signifies. This game certainly hasnt been the most lively ive participated in, and i somewhat feel sorry for those who are Mafia in it, as it must be a real drag. It is my OPINION (as believe me when i say it is nothing more than speculation) that those who are pushing for a lynch most, are these frustrated Mafia.
I personally dont think we have enough evidence to lynch him, and i am greatly suspicious of those who are piling him.
Im not saying that i think IH is innocent, but TCS has been exhibiting some pretty scummy behaviour recently, and is certainly worthy of my vote.
Good Appeal to Emotion

Unvote Vote BM
Here I would like to point out IH was lynch -1. BM had only 1 vote on him. If he thought BM was appealing to emotion to protect IH, why wouldn’t he keep his vote on IH and see the scum lynch go through? Instead he used voting BM as an easy excuse to remove his vote from IH.

The exchange that follows is interesting as well:
Battle Mage wrote:I prefer to think of it as a good attempt at avoiding a Townie-Lynch.
Afraid of the fact that i have worked out ur scumbuddies perhaps?
ShadowLurker wrote:Yes both are obviously true.
Battle Mage wrote:
well i can certainly vouch for the former
. The latter is of course just suspicion, but the fact u have no response does little for your defence...
@BM Please explain how you can vouch for IH being town?
Battle Mage wrote:well despite my original opinion that SL looked scummy, TCS being on his wagon is ringing alarm bells in my head.
However, i dont think there is enough of a case on Fircoal either.
All i will say is that people should be very wary about joining the wagon on SL
. By my reckoning it is scum-filled, and i dont think a speed lynch here would be in our best interests.
For some reason this statement sounds strangely familiar. Oh yeah, that’s because it’s the same thing you said about the IH wagon.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:14 am

Post by Battle Mage »

plz tell me which post number you got those quotes from, so i can respond :P
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:38 am

Post by Akbar »

Battle Mage wrote:plz tell me which post number you got those quotes from, so i can respond :P
Sure thing. Your quotes can be referenced by posts:
215, 218, 220 & 432
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:34 am

Post by Ripley »

Well you''ll know from my previous posts I wouldn't have any problem voting ShadowLurker.

Of my other suspects, I'm less suspicious of Fircoal, though, as somebody else said, this is more due to the shady characters on his bandwagon than an unexpected exhibition of fine pro town play from Fircoal himself. Also IH did vote him at one point of Day 1, though it wasn't a vote likely to put him in any danger.

spectrumvoid's the one I've become
more
suspicious of. I didn't like how she avoided the thread at deadline. Is there a difficulty in the fact that she and IH voted each other yesterday? Maybe not, for notice how fast SV was to unvote IH when he reached lynch -1. ShadowLurker had earlier done just the same thing - bailed off the IH wagon as soon as it got to lynch -1, and Akbar has already presented a sound case for why his (SL's) change of vote to Battle Mage was illligocal.

As for Battle Mage - seemed like I was waging a mostly solitary campaign against him all of Day 1. Let's hear what he has to say to Akbar's post. It is noticeable, as Akbar points out, how similarly Battle Mage is speaking about the SL wagon as he did the IH wagon. It does make a vote on ShadowLurker look strangely attractive at this point. (Though, of course, maybe that's what we're
supposed
to think...)
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:35 am

Post by Lowell »

Man, I may have to change my plan from "do everything TCS says" to "do everything Akbar says". That's a compelling case. We need more attacks on SL.

Suffice it to say, I think I may have cleared BM prematurely.
fos BM
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:38 am

Post by Lowell »

You know what? Upon further review, SV is worse than both of them.

unvote, vote SV

Sorry for the double post.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:16 am

Post by Battle Mage »

yeh, looking at it, it does look sort of scummy (because i was defending IH).
Nonetheless, at the time i truly thought that those on IH wagon were opportunists. I was wrong. This doesnt mean i am wrong this time however. If SL turns up as scum, i guess that makes me a prime candidate for lynch tomoz, but in actual fact, i am not scum. Im made a simple mistake. I never said IH was town, but i thought that those on his wagon were more suspicious. I feel the same now. Had SL not got such a big wagon so fast, i would probably have voted for him, but the fact is, it looks like opportunism.

BM

Akbar wrote:I went over some of the IH posts. There are several places where he made a definite effort to get wagons started on Ripley and Lowell. If anyone is still unsure about them, the 1st half of the thread will lend some insight. There are also a couple spots where he attacked Fircoal, just not as blatent.

The tone of this post seems to change half way through. It begins with “I implore everyone..” ie. Beg, seriously consider, urge, etc.
Then changes to “It is my opinion….nothing more than speculation...”almost like a safeguard for later to what he was saying at the time, because he knew it wasn't true.

Then SL jumps in:
ShadowLurker wrote:
Good Appeal to Emotion

Unvote Vote BM
Here I would like to point out IH was lynch -1. BM had only 1 vote on him. If he thought BM was appealing to emotion to protect IH, why wouldn’t he keep his vote on IH and see the scum lynch go through? Instead he used voting BM as an easy excuse to remove his vote from IH.

Battle Mage wrote:I prefer to think of it as a good attempt at avoiding a Townie-Lynch.
Battle Mage wrote:
. The latter is of course just suspicion, but the fact u have no response does little for your defence...
Battle Mage wrote:well despite my original opinion that SL looked scummy, TCS being on his wagon is ringing alarm bells in my head.
. By my reckoning it is scum-filled, and i dont think a speed lynch here would be in our best interests.
For some reason this statement sounds strangely familiar. Oh yeah, that’s because it’s the same thing you said about the IH wagon.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Akbar wrote:I went over some of the IH posts. There are several places where he made a definite effort to get wagons started on Ripley and Lowell. If anyone is still unsure about them, the 1st half of the thread will lend some insight. There are also a couple spots where he attacked Fircoal, just not as blatent.

Then SL jumps in:
ShadowLurker wrote:
Good Appeal to Emotion

Unvote Vote BM

Battle Mage wrote:
Good posting. I hadn't even considered the possibility of a BM-SL scumpair before now.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:35 pm

Post by Akbar »

Battle Mage wrote:yeh, looking at it, it does look sort of scummy (because i was defending IH).
Nonetheless, at the time i truly thought that those on IH wagon were opportunists.
I was wrong
QFE
Battle Mage wrote:If SL turns up as scum, i guess that makes me a prime candidate for lynch tomoz…
I agree with you completely.
Battle Mage wrote:I never said IH was town…
This statement is technically true. Instead you said:
Battle Mage wrote:well i can certainly vouch for the former.
Battle Mage wrote:I personally dont think we have enough evidence to lynch him
I think I see where the confusion comes from.

I interpret the word “Vouch” to mean affirm, answer for, assure, attest to, certify, confirm, contend, corroborate, declare, guarantee, maintain, profess, prove, sign for, sponsor, support, testify, uphold and warrant.

You seem to portray the word “Vouch” to mean an occurrence when a group of players voting the "vouchee" appear opportunistic.
Battle Mage wrote:i thought that those on his wagon were more suspicious. I feel the same now. Had SL not got such a big wagon so fast, i would probably have voted for him, but the fact is, it looks like opportunism.
I don’t know if you’re skimming the thread, ignoring the facts or just hate TCS for some reason. This is the IH vote from yesterday:
-- Lowell, Akbar, AndrewS, The Central Scrutiniser, Ripley

Any idea who thinks SL is suspicious today? Oh look, it’s the same people, with exception to the one voter they took out.
How can you say you were wrong about us being opportunistic yesterday, but somehow right today?

The next quote I hadn't noticed till I did a reread to find out where you
didn't
say IH is town.
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:*BM impatiently awaits the wagon on TCS (who is blatantly scum) to grow.
Since no one else is willing to talk, I'd like to hear your case on me.
Why haven’t you answered his question yet? Are you just ignoring it like SL did Fircoal and expect it to go away? Instead you decided to make up an excuse to vote me.
Battle Mage wrote:well, based on the fact that the deadline is approaching, and TCS looks likely to get away with his heinous crimes another night, i guess im gonna have to
Unvote
, as we really cant do without some sort of lynch tonight!
Of the two wagons (on Akbar and IH) i have to say that the IH wagon looks the most scummy-primarily as TCS is on the top of it.
If TCS is scum (which im sure is true) IH is presumably town, as TCS wouldnt risk leaving the vote on him this close to the deadline
. With this in mind, im going to
Vote Akbar

Its not so much that i think hes guilty, but i certainly feel that he is guilty by association at the very least!
I believe that makes the 2 wagons equal in size, so it is left to someone else to cast the deciding vote.
BM
By your very own logic, “TCS being scum for leaving a vote close to deadline on a
presumed
townie,” you still maintain TCS to be scum after IH was confirmed scum!

I'm keeping my vote on SL for now. I just wanted to post my thoughts in case I get "silenced" tonight.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:13 pm

Post by Fircoal »

Akbar, that is a good case on Bm.
Fos: Battle Mage
Fircoal strikes me more like an awful fake claim that gets you lynched in under 25 posts. - Kelly Chen
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:11 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

err first of all, can i just remind you of one thing.
Just because u lynched scum yesterday, does not mean you are not scum yourself.
as for word vouch, i interpret it in the same way you have. You just need to read what i said, because me saying "i can vouch for the former" means that "i can affirm the first comment" .i.e. that my intention was to protect the town.
:roll:
i will answer TCS question later once i have done a reread.
One thing is for sure, your desperate defence of him does not make for a good defence... :shock:
BM

Akbar wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:yeh, looking at it, it does look sort of scummy (because i was defending IH).
Nonetheless, at the time i truly thought that those on IH wagon were opportunists.
I was wrong
QFE
Battle Mage wrote:If SL turns up as scum, i guess that makes me a prime candidate for lynch tomoz…
I agree with you completely.
Battle Mage wrote:I never said IH was town…
This statement is technically true. Instead you said:
Battle Mage wrote:well i can certainly vouch for the former.
Battle Mage wrote:I personally dont think we have enough evidence to lynch him
I think I see where the confusion comes from.

I interpret the word “Vouch” to mean affirm, answer for, assure, attest to, certify, confirm, contend, corroborate, declare, guarantee, maintain, profess, prove, sign for, sponsor, support, testify, uphold and warrant.

You seem to portray the word “Vouch” to mean an occurrence when a group of players voting the "vouchee" appear opportunistic.
Battle Mage wrote:i thought that those on his wagon were more suspicious. I feel the same now. Had SL not got such a big wagon so fast, i would probably have voted for him, but the fact is, it looks like opportunism.
I don’t know if you’re skimming the thread, ignoring the facts or just hate TCS for some reason. This is the IH vote from yesterday:
-- Lowell, Akbar, AndrewS, The Central Scrutiniser, Ripley

Any idea who thinks SL is suspicious today? Oh look, it’s the same people, with exception to the one voter they took out.
How can you say you were wrong about us being opportunistic yesterday, but somehow right today?

The next quote I hadn't noticed till I did a reread to find out where you
didn't
say IH is town.
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:*BM impatiently awaits the wagon on TCS (who is blatantly scum) to grow.
Since no one else is willing to talk, I'd like to hear your case on me.
Why haven’t you answered his question yet? Are you just ignoring it like SL did Fircoal and expect it to go away? Instead you decided to make up an excuse to vote me.
Battle Mage wrote:well, based on the fact that the deadline is approaching, and TCS looks likely to get away with his heinous crimes another night, i guess im gonna have to
Unvote
, as we really cant do without some sort of lynch tonight!
Of the two wagons (on Akbar and IH) i have to say that the IH wagon looks the most scummy-primarily as TCS is on the top of it.
If TCS is scum (which im sure is true) IH is presumably town, as TCS wouldnt risk leaving the vote on him this close to the deadline
. With this in mind, im going to
Vote Akbar

Its not so much that i think hes guilty, but i certainly feel that he is guilty by association at the very least!
I believe that makes the 2 wagons equal in size, so it is left to someone else to cast the deciding vote.
BM
By your very own logic, “TCS being scum for leaving a vote close to deadline on a
presumed
townie,” you still maintain TCS to be scum after IH was confirmed scum!

I'm keeping my vote on SL for now. I just wanted to post my thoughts in case I get "silenced" tonight.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:57 am

Post by Lowell »

Again I'm a sucker for his defense.

unFoS BM
if, uh, that matters.

I now think SV and SL are the correct lynches.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:07 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I spent two days thinking over this.

I'll claim. I'm a cop.

First night, I investigated SL, because SL-scum has managed to fool me before. Second night, I sent in an earlier choice to investigate Akbar because I was away. The mod pmed me later and told me the deadline was extended. I changed my night choice to BM. The main reason for this is because I've played many games with BM, and I think he's behaved scummy in almost every one of them, so I thought it'd be best to get it out of the way.

I've been lying really low this game, but I think having 3 cleared is worth outing our cop.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:08 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

That's the reason I've been defending SL and BM. They're town.
Blank.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:09 am

Post by Lowell »

Wow. Okay, I'll bite.
unvote
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:11 am

Post by Akbar »

@SV

Just to be clear. Your claiming cop and saying BM and SL were investigated innocent?
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:14 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Yes.
Blank.
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:17 am

Post by Akbar »

Unvote

Something's not adding up though. If this is true, why didn't they save IH yesterday and lynch me instead?
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:39 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I'm guessing all the scum were on your wagon. Seriously speaking, yesterday you exhibited scum-tells. If scum weren't already on your wagon, it would have been easy to pile on and defend their actions today by saying something like you really acted scummy, so they were justified in lynching you.

The vote count at deadline was:
IH (5) -- Lowell, Akbar, AndrewS, The Central Scrutiniser, Ripley
Akbar (5) -- Shadowlurker, Twito, IH, Battle Mage, Fircoal

Discounting BM and SL, that leaves Twito and Fircoal. Our 2 scum. I haven't really taken a look at how the IH wagon built up, but I think Fircoal is scummy due to the timing of his vote on you. Similarly, I don't think Ripley is scummy.
Blank.
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:51 am

Post by Akbar »

I'm going to wait some time for a possible conterclaim.

If you made this up, it obviously means your scum with either SL or BM. Since that was today's focus you many have thought the game was over and your just buying a little time.

If your telling the truth, then I agree BM is one scummy townie. It's like playing with Panzer.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:07 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

That's basically why I investigated BM: I think he's scum in every game.
Blank.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”