Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:42 am

Post by Ripley »

Twito is my first choice. He's now at lynch -1. I'll vote for him later today if he hasn't posted anything to sway me in the meantime.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by Ripley »

Okay. I think it's reasonable to assume if Twito was busy working on a defense he'd have posted to say so before now.

Vote: Twito
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:05 pm

Post by Patrick »

The day ends.

The town comes to a decision more quickly today. Most of you believe that Twito is a member of the mafia, given his dubious connections, and he is unable to convince anyone otherwise. The lynch mob overpowers Twito, and he is strung up in the town square, in the same place as IH was hanged only yesterday. You all watch as Twito's struggles grow more and more feeble, up until his last choking breath, and then his head slumps forward, and he is dead. The group then goes to search his property, hoping to find evidence of wrongdoing. Sadly, despite a thorough search, you find nothing to suggest that Twito was anything more than a decent, hardworking townie. You all look at the other members of the group, wondering which two are secretly laughing at this tragic miscarriage of justice. There's no more time for lynching today though, so you all head for home, hoping for better luck tomorrow.

-------------

Twito (Townie) has been lynched.

It is now night 2. As usual, you have 72 hours.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:36 am

Post by Patrick »

Most of you went straight home after the lynch of Twito, a fellow townsperson, but a few of you did not. Spectrumvoid certainly didn't intend on going home just yet. She walked along the darkening road, eyes peeled for any signs of scum, who might be intending to attack her. Unfortunately, scum like to attack people from behind, and they're very good at it. Very cowardly of course. She was oblivious to the very soft footsteps of someone catching up with her as she reached the end of the street. I'll spare you all the rest of the details.

The following morning her body is found, with a couple of stab wounds, but closer inspection shows that she was actually killed by strangulation, probably with a garotte of some sort. In her pocket you find a badge which confirms what you already knew. Spectrumvoid was a member of the police force. No more investigations to help the town unfortunately. So who did this? It's up to you to make them pay.

Spectrumvoid (cop) strangled night 2.

Day 3. With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
Last edited by Patrick on Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:51 am

Post by Lowell »

Well dammit. I officially quit having an opinion.

vote Fircoal

Except for that.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:55 am

Post by Ripley »

Well, I've been very wrong indeed about this game. I thought Twito was acting scummy as hell.

Four of my five suspects are cleared - so at least one of the people I thought were clear must be scum. And either Akbar is scum, in which case it ceases to matter who was on which wagon Day 1, or else at least 1 scum voted for their scum buddy IH rather than the innocent Akbar.

I'll have to take the time for a proper read through. At this stage I trust Lowell the most, though I don't have the greatest faith in my judgment right now...
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:23 am

Post by Twito »

Bah.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:39 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

I'm going on hiatus for the next eight days due to spring break, and since this Day just started, I guess this is as good a time as any to take my leave. I'll be sure to reread and post my thoughts in detail when I get back.

Until then, I would like to
proxy my vote to Shadowlurker
if the mod will allow it.

See you all next week.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:21 am

Post by Patrick »

I don't know if it's normally allowed, so I've PMed Mith about it. Until then, Shadowlurker only has his own vote.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:36 am

Post by Patrick »

Proxy is allowed. Shadowlurker has 2 votes until The Central Scrutiniser returns.
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by Akbar »

The only way Fircoal can be town is if 2 mafia were on IH's wagon 2 days ago. As much as I hate to admit it, I think BM might be right. TCS could be scum as well. He tried to remove his vote off IH when he got close before I pointed it out to him.

When SV was confirmed cop yesterday, TCS chose Twito over Fircoal immediately. Of course I did shortly after as well, so I probably look just as bad.

Vote Fircoal

If I'm still alive tomorrow I'll probably vote TCS.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:47 pm

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

Fircoal (2) -- Lowell, Akbar

Not Voting: Ripley, The Central Scrutiniser, Fircoal, Shadowlurker, Battle Mage
7 alive, 4 to lynch. Man I love doing votecounts.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:03 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Bah.
Blank.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

if this is your opinion, may i ask WHY you have entrusted ShadowLurker with your vote? :?

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:To all of you not on the Shadowlurker wagon, I have one question for you: what, if anything, has Shadowlurker said or done to benefit the town, at all, this entire game?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:05 am

Post by Battle Mage »

EBWOP: Ignore that. I just remembered SL was cleared. :oops:

Battle Mage wrote:if this is your opinion, may i ask WHY you have entrusted ShadowLurker with your vote? :?

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:To all of you not on the Shadowlurker wagon, I have one question for you: what, if anything, has Shadowlurker said or done to benefit the town, at all, this entire game?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:09 am

Post by Battle Mage »

note that i havent cleared Akbar yet. the fact that the Mafia was evidently split, implies the inherent possibility that both him and IH were scum. Despite TCS giving his vote to SL, i still dont trust him. Im also very wary of the fact that Fircoal is already 1 from lynch (pending an SL vote)
not voting yet, but
big FOS: Akbar, TCS
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:35 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Lowell not paying attention to the setup is disconcerting but a point in his favor.

Vote: Fircoal
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:00 pm

Post by Lowell »

ShadowLurker wrote:Lowell not paying attention to the setup is disconcerting but a point in his favor.

Wait, what did I miss?
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:08 pm

Post by Fircoal »

ShadowLurker wrote:Lowell not paying attention to the setup is disconcerting but a point in his favor.

And how does that result in my vote?
Fircoal strikes me more like an awful fake claim that gets you lynched in under 25 posts. - Kelly Chen
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:42 am

Post by Patrick »

With Shadowlurker having 2 votes while The Central Scrutiniser is away, Fircoal has been lynched.

The town makes their decision even faster than the previous day. Who needs discussion? Seeking revenge for the murder of the cop, the lynch mob surrounds Fircoal, and he is strung up in double quick time. A search of his dead body shows that he has a gun. Is he a second cop? Impossible, there are no surprises in an open setup. Anyone who owns a gun at this stage is a member of the mafia. Two down, one to go. Time for bed.

-------------

Fircoal (Mafia) has been lynched.

It is now night 3. This night will be deadlined for 160 hours, and this requires some explanation. Basically, I'll be waiting until all players are present to make a nightchoice, even if they do not actually have a nightchoice, so that no unfair information can be gained. If anyone has any questions about this, feel free to PM me. Apologies for the long wait, but fairness takes priority over speed.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:49 am

Post by Patrick »

With yesterday ending so early, you all had a chance for a good, long nights sleep. At least most of you did. When you all gather in the town square, nobody is really surprised that one person is missing. It appears that Shadowlurker has been assualted just outside his own home. It's not clear whether a weapon was used, but it is clear that he's been beaten, literally to a pulp. His corpse is barely recognisable, and some of you who have weaker stomachs look as though they are about to be sick. Shadowlurker is solemly buried next to his fellow townies, and the town congregates to try and work out who murdered him.

Shadowlurker (Townie) beaten up night 3.

Day 4 has started. 5 alive, 3 to lynch.
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:27 am

Post by Akbar »

Well, BM is cleared. Ripley and Lowell went out of there way to lynch IH. That leaves TCS who actually tried to get out of lynching IH.

Vote TCS
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:31 am

Post by Fircoal »

BAH!

We all know who'll win in the end. :wink: (scum)
Fircoal strikes me more like an awful fake claim that gets you lynched in under 25 posts. - Kelly Chen
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:15 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Akbar wrote:Well, BM is cleared. Ripley and Lowell went out of there way to lynch IH. That leaves TCS who actually tried to get out of lynching IH.

Vote TCS
I pushed IH all day... I was the first one on his wagon and the one pushing his vote all day when none of you could see how scummy he was playing. If you
really
think that it's worth it to lynch me just to end the day and make your odds of hitting scum greater, then I guess I can't stop you. But all things considered, I'd rather live. I like being alive at the end of the game.

Some thoughts after re-read:

1) Akbar is town because I don't think we could have run up two scum day 1.
2) Every living non-cleared person was on the IH wagon, so it's clear one scum was trying to bus IH.
3) In retrospect, Fircoal was obviously trying to derail IH and build a counter-wagon on Akbar, and we probably should have lynched him Day 2. For my part in not doing I apologize, but I thought Twito was the obvious lynch at that point. Either way I think it's elementary that we consider Akbar cleared.
4) That leaves myself, Lowell and Ripley as the only not-cleared people. I find it unlikely that Ripley would hammer IH, and I find it plausible that in the short Day 3 he had any chance to weigh in for or against Fircoal, so I don't see that as a strike against him. Ripley did hammer Twito, but I'm not going to hold that lynch against
anyone
5) I am innocent--vanilla townie. I pushed IH Day 1, I voted my conscience Day 2, and Day 3 I gave my vote to confirmed town and sped up the lynch of scum.

Therefore,
vote:Lowell
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:21 am

Post by Ripley »

I was still reading back through the game when SL's two votes abruptly ended the day. Twito and Fircoal had seemed so likely to be the outstanding scum, I was still recalibrating. This post by IH made me think a bit:
IH wrote:Twito... if you think Fircoal is scummy for Ripley's reasoning.... why aren't you voting Ripley? If that's why you're voting Fircoal, shouldn't Ripley be your manin vote, and watch Fircoal?

IGMEOY:Twito

Would IH really try and move a vote off a scum buddy so openly? Well, it turned out he did, so that was that.

I was also looking at TCS, especially in view of this from Akbar:
Akbar wrote:TCS could be scum as well. He tried to remove his vote off IH when he got close before I pointed it out to him.
I'd forgotten about this, so I went back and reread, half expecting to find that TCS's vote on IH had been made at a time of low danger or without any reasoning, but it didn't really seem that way. He places a third vote on IH (post 200) shortly after the second vote, saying that the wagon needs steam. And he did previously express his suspicion of IH in post 175, saying he was posting like "lazy scum" and failing to follow up on his alleged suspicions of TCS and Fircoal. He doesn't vote IH then, though, waiting till he's reached two votes. Why? Did he spot something else in the meantime? He says later (post 287):
TCS, to IH wrote:I have something which I consider to be a scumtell, but I am not making the mistake of giving it away. Suffice it to say that if one was to look at your posts in isolation, one would find something that gives it away.
but of course unless TCS tells us what the scum tell was we have no way of knowing for sure that this is true. And he does indeed move his vote to SL later, though moves it straight back when called on it.

Lowell and Akbar add fourth and fifth votes on IH shortly after TCS's third vote. Which really gives me a problem singling anybody out as scum.
TCS, today wrote:Akbar is town because I don't think we could have run up two scum day 1.
Really? Why? Because it's against the odds (even things against the odds happen sooner or later)? Because the scum would always be able to throw together a decent alternative? There's no evidence of IH and Fircoal managing to do this. I don't think they were ever actually voting the same person at the same time. And towards the end of Day 1 (post 317) TCS thought they could be scum together:
TCS wrote:Of course, Akbar's argument against the IH lynch, especially his last post, is also WIFOM-tastic. So it's quite possible that he's scum with IH as well.
At this stage IH was on 4 votes and Akbar 3, with the deadline about 3 days away; it really looked like these were the only 2 candidates, and yet at that stage TCS thought both could be scum. So what's changed his mind?

To me, a more convincing argument against Akbar being scum is Fircoal's behaviour at deadline. He wouldn't care which was lynched, but he chose to vote Akbar rather than place what would have been a lynching vote on IH. IH was going to be lynched at deadline anyway, but Fircoal would have looked much better the next day when IH turned out scum. The weakness in this argument is that Fircoal had lately been saying he was suspicious of Akbar. Several times towards the end of Day 1 he mentions me, Lowell and Akbar as likely scum. So maybe he couldn't vote IH without it looking phoney.

One of you has to be scum, dammit. I haven't really looked at Lowell yet, mostly because he was the one I thought most innocent, but I'll do so in my next post.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”