bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:15 pm

Post by bigAl »

Gah, I double checked it, and found that it was wrong ( I think that it's because the order on the first post was not the order in the dawn writeup), fixed it and double checked it again....it was totally accidental. I'lll fix the chart in the mornign; far too much beer to make any kinf of sense of it tonight. I hope this post comes ouut in a sensible way.
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:53 am

Post by Skruffs »

I'll go through what I was thinkign last night..

Fritz is definitely scum - a vig would never kill a proven cop.
Two each of criminals and satanics have been killed. I'm going with the assumption that there is one of each group remaining. That means two scum groups - two kills a night.
Fritzler being an SK would make three kills a night. Fritzler being a vig would mean three kills a night. So Fritzler is definitely a criminal.

So who's the satanic? Is there a cult? We can lynch Fritzler at the nd of the day - unless we somehow figure out that there is something worse going on than two lone mafiates.

Something like... a cultOMG.

Dahen just strikes me funny, particulaarly because of how they cozied up to primate and the cult theory - especially explaining that primate turned to ash because he was uberreligious...
dahen wrote:The reason Primate was turned to ash is because he was a puritan. Puritans are known to try to live a perfect life, putting themselves at the same level as God. Remember what the puritans thought of Jesus when he entered Earth. Jesus tried to tell them that the actions are not everything, that God can forgive etc. God didn't like puritans. Are you surprised Primate turned to ash when he entered sacred ground?
it sounds like someone trying to cover their tracks, honestly.
That and the whole voting for olio, cpe, zindaras thing (three supposed investigative roles)

My presumptive theory is that dahen's item 'powers up' someone's natural abilities - so when he targetted Fritzler night two, fritzler's pistols became AK-47. Maybe dahen thought that it offered investigative immunity because the person he targeted the night before received that instead? This is just a theory - and easily proved otherwise.

This is why I'm a little weirded out that nobody has said anything about being offered items.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:42 am

Post by bigAl »

Sorry, let's try this again:

(I think the problem was that the order of the dead people on the first page was not the same as the order of the death in the dawn writeups.)

Maybe the reverand has enough power in the church to control the church's investigations, so criminals will appear innocent while the reverend is alive. That might explain the discrepency between TSQ and Thesp's church investigation.

Anyway, I'm a
town aligned plebian
, vanilla townie. Same role name as Primate, so I was thinking that all of the vanilla townies had the same role name. I wanted to see if TS had the same role name also. Since he doesn't, it doesn't necessarily mean that he's lying, just that I might have beleived it more if he was. Hmmm...

So, now we've all agreed pretty much that Friztler is scummy, so should we lynch him today, or is there any advantage in going for someone else? If there's still a cult recruiter still alive, they would obviously be a better lynch. I kind of like the symmetry of there being two equal sized mafias (satanic and criminal), in addition with an SK? I'd be tempted to lynch Fritz today, and see where we stand tomorrow. I'd be surprised if there is more than scum in any group left, so (if no cults) it shouldn't matter who we lynch.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:00 am

Post by Skruffs »

Okay.. so vanilla townies are all P-words. Puritan, Plebian, Pauper. I am also one - and am happy toclaim, but want to see if someone else is going to claim it first.

big Al - you didn't have the same role name... puritan =|= plebian, right?

Curiously, two other pro-town roles started with P - Psychic and Paladin. Supposedly zindaras had an ability?

Killing Fritz will most likely reduce this to one kill a night - and if we don't lynch a killing role, we're screwed, because we'll go the next day with 4 people, two of which are scum - no matter who we lynch, the other one wins. :P
So who's the last scum?

Either spectrumvoid or dahen.
Round One : FIGHT!

(after fight concludes we lynch fritz ;) )
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:11 am

Post by Blackberry »

Unvote, Vote: BigAl

A) I think you were fishing for a townie claim when you asked TS his role, hopeing you could copy off of it.
B) Plebian is not one of the first seven roles... thus you claimed something not already claimed cuz you knew we would be on to you... yet it doesn't fit with what your replaceee said.
C) You want to Lynch Fritzler, even though I think you already proved he can't be criminal or satanic...
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:40 am

Post by Skruffs »

blackberry - your third point is in reference to a point that was already made. Fritzler *is* scum - big al was misreading data.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:39 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

I am seriously thinking that the remaining scum is dahen (because of the roleclaim) and Blackberry. Blackberry's behaving like he's completely lost his mind.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:46 am

Post by bigAl »

bah, this game is not liking me. Yes, I'm town aligned plebian. I don't know what 'scope was talking about then. I must have seen his post, and seen that both of our roles started with 'p', and just assumed that they were the same. (Maybe 'scope made the same mistake.) :(
Blackberry wrote:A) I think you were fishing for a townie claim when you asked TS his role, hopeing you could copy off of it.
I was thinking that both of our role names were the same, and so was fishing for the role name to see if all the townies were the same. His wasn't, but now I realise that mine isn't either.
Blackberry wrote:B) Plebian is not one of the first seven roles... thus you claimed something not already claimed cuz you knew we would be on to you... yet it doesn't fit with what your replaceee said.
If I were to make up a role, I would have obviously picked one from the first seven roles, so to not attract the kind of suspicion that it did from you. Maybe that's WIFOMish, but it's true.
Blackberry wrote:C) You want to Lynch Fritzler, even though I think you already proved he can't be criminal or satanic...
I just can't believe that Fritz is the only one with a different role name. everyone else's was in the format "______ aligned <generic name>". No one else had a role name with a proper noun in it... I think that Fritz is an SK.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:51 am

Post by Blackberry »

I agree Fritz is SK, but why lynch the SK?
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:53 am

Fritzler's not going to survive this game. Maybe he could kill for the town tonight.

BB, the SK could kill one of us, not just the scum. That's why you lynch SK's, no?
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:18 am

Post by Skruffs »

Aight..
If Fritz is an independant agent (sk or vig)
Then criminals haven't been making kills. (only fritz and satanics)
So then what are the criminals? ...?

With two kills - if we do not eliminate one kill today, we have two scum groups killing tonight.

If Fritz is an SK - why would he want to eliminate the other scum group?

I really think SV should claim.
We love you even if you are scum spectrumvoid... go on and tell us what you are and what you do.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:20 am

Post by bigAl »

At this point, I highly doubt that there will be more than one person from any scum group left, so there is pretty much nothing mechanically different between an SK and a lone mafia. We ought to go for the most suspect person first.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:26 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Well, after we lynch, the satanic person will be able to kill tonight.
So that is one less vote tommorrow - more likely than not they will be leaving blackberry alive because the man is freakin' crazy and not very reasonable (no offense meant). There's no claimed roles that would be more investigative tommorrow than day, so we might as well talk this through today, and figure out what's really going on.

And what is going on, I think, relies mostly on SV and Dahen - who have been kinda quiet. >.>

Questions I want answered:
A) Why did primate burst into flames/turn to ash after being killed n0?
B) Why has/hasn't Dahen targetted anyone else with their ability?
C) What caused Fritzler to suddenly have a machine gun?
D) If Thesp coronated STD - did they find out who killed him?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:26 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Vote Count!

Fritzler
- 1 - SpectrumVoid
dahen
- 1 - Toaster Strudel
bigAl
- 1 - Blackberry

Those who were left behind – 4 – dahen, bigAl, Fritzler, Skruffs

7 alive, 4 to lynch.
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:03 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

I'll claim. I'm a town aligned procurer. I investigate people at night to acquire knowledge about whether their alignment has been changed. Some sort of limited investigative role.

Hence, why I kept saying things like "I'm so confused about their alignment/kills" etc, I was trying to hint that we shouldn't trust the alignment of the people who are dead. Because there's obviously a role changer around.

This is also why I was wary of dahen earlier, and I kept asking him to respond, because I didn't think they'd be so many investigative roles. I backed off because I'm not very good with game balance so I'm wasn't sure, and because I didn't really have anything else to go on.

I have more results that I do not wish to reveal now, but I have investigated Zindaras and I know that his alignment is correct and unchanged, so I trusted his attack on Fritz and have been going after Fritz all day.
Blank.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:20 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Spec - have you detected any changes in any people that are still alive? Would it tell you if they become damned?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:21 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I'm a peasant by the way :P Now that everyone who could be vanilla has claimed I have no reason to withhold that.

peasant, pauper, plebian, Psychic, procurer, puritan, paladin - nice :)
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:06 am

OK, let's lynch Fritz then.

vote: Fritzler
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:46 am

Post by Skruffs »

TS - hold on.
I want to know if SV has information that can help us, because we can't kill BOTH killers with one lynch, and the other one is going to silence the most helpful town player tonight - which is now SV.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:56 am

Post by bigAl »

Hmm, I posted this last night, but it doesn't appear to be showing up (probably forgot to hit submit :P).

If there is some ability that can change alignment, then probably the most common one is a cult. Otherwise, it seems that the optional inversigative offer that fritz was talking about can also change alignment. I would suspect that STD might have changed alignments at some point in the game, because of the mod quote I posted earlier.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:15 am

Post by Fritzler »

ill kill whoever you guys want me too...

lynching me is stupid, i've already proved i'll listen
Surfs up dude.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:56 am

Post by Skruffs »

fritz - what do you think of dahen?
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:19 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

My role only tells me whether people's alignment has been changed. (I get 'yes' pms and 'no' pms.)

Alignment changes: SL, Bogre.
No alignment changes: Zindaras, dahen.

I had no idea what to do with my role because I think it's useless,(I'm pretty sure I've posted a whole lot of 'I'm confused posts), so I just picked players who I thought were pro-town and who I thought wouldn't get night-killed. I had a vague idea it might help with endgame decisions.
Blank.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:07 am

Post by Fritzler »

Skruffs wrote:fritz - what do you think of dahen?
that i want to hear his flavaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Surfs up dude.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:28 am

Post by bigAl »

Could the satanics be a cult group then? Both people who changed alignment were satanic.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”