Newbie 310: It's All Over -- WOO-HOO!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Avinyl
Avinyl
Townie
Avinyl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:31 am

Post by Avinyl »

I am back and rereading, i will post something more soon.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:52 am

Post by MeMe »

The "little bit more than 96.5 hours to deadline"
Vote Count
:

theopor_COD
(2):
Seol, Fircoal

Fircoal
(2):
Thesp, gorckat

VitaminR
(1):
Avinyl

Seol
(1):
VitaminR

Avinyl
(1):
theopor_COD

not voting
(0):

Four votes to lynch before deadline, 3 votes
at
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:39 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

unvote

I'm waiting for Soel and Avinyl.

I'm happy with a Fircoal, Avinyl or Gorckat lynch or a Seol, Vitamin or Thesp one lol.

Seriously I don't really know which way to turn. Although I'm probably more suspect of Fircoal than anyone else only because of the reasons I raised a page or so ago and the majority of posts laid out by Thesp, the same thoery applies to Azkar/Gorckat aswell. Thesp I'm not sure on, Vitamin I find suspect for not finding my suspect earlier, Soel and Avinyl have been quiet lately reason enough to find them suspect. I'm also unsure why Thesp is backing Gorckat and Vitamin backing Fircoal and both opposed to the others lynch candidate, I can't see that great a difference between Gorckat and Fircoal . . . I'm rambling now.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:23 am

Post by VitaminR »

I'll summarise my position. Perhaps that will bring clarity.

I think that Fircoal and you have been inconsistent, all over the place and outright confusing at times. Thesp has been reticent about his reasons and adamant on clearing people he doesn't need to clear.

Avinyl strikes me as a townie, because he follows people too blatantly, but I don't have that much to back up my certainty here. I wouldn't want him lynched, but I can't really explain why.

Both Seol and gorckat have not really defended anyone and been quite streamlined in their reasoning. Their views seem constructed. I think they are the informed majority.

Especially the way they've consistently disagreed with all my points really strikes me as insincere. There is no leeway or second-guessing their own suspicions.

I'm definite Seol is scum. I'm almost certain gorckat is too.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:26 am

Post by Fircoal »

I'm ok with a Seol, or Theopor_COD lynch. MAybe Avinyl, too. I still think that Theopor_COD is the scummiest, and Seol is close to that.
Fircoal strikes me more like an awful fake claim that gets you lynched in under 25 posts. - Kelly Chen
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:09 am

Post by VitaminR »

Thesp wrote:
VitaminR wrote:At this point, I would suggest a Seol lynch.
I'd settle for that if we had to, but I still think Fircoal is better.
Fircoal wrote:I'm ok with a Seol, or Theopor_COD lynch. MAybe Avinyl, too. I still think that Theopor_COD is the scummiest, and Seol is close to that.
I see a solution here!
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:24 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Fircoal wrote:I'm ok with a Seol, or Theopor_COD lynch. MAybe Avinyl, too. I still think that Theopor_COD is the scummiest, and Seol is close to that.
Go on why?

Because I cast suspicion on you is it, at least point out why you find me scummy, an argument for my lynch shall we say and the same for a Soel lynch.

I'm still happy with a Fircoal or Gorckat lynch.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:33 pm

Post by Thesp »

VitaminR wrote:I think that Fircoal and you have been inconsistent, all over the place and outright confusing at times. Thesp has been reticent about his reasons and adamant on clearing people he doesn't need to clear.
"Clearing people he doesn't need to clear"? Huh?

gorckat's predecessor came off as townie to me, and I do not think a scum Azkar would have asked to be replaced. (Sometimes I hate metagame reasons, but I can't ignore them.)
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:31 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Thesp wrote:"Clearing people he doesn't need to clear"? Huh?
I.e. saying that you're strongly opposed to a VitaminR or gorckat lynch.
Thesp wrote:gorckat's predecessor came off as townie to me, and I do not think a scum Azkar would have asked to be replaced. (Sometimes I hate metagame reasons, but I can't ignore them.)
Perhaps that would be true if he hadn't asked to be replaced in another game, but he essentially quit mafia all together. This was his only game. If time constraints were truly a factor (as he said), I don't think his alignment would matter that much.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:12 am

Post by Thesp »

VitaminR wrote:
Thesp wrote:"Clearing people he doesn't need to clear"? Huh?
I.e. saying that you're strongly opposed to a VitaminR or gorckat lynch.
Thesp wrote:gorckat's predecessor came off as townie to me, and I do not think a scum Azkar would have asked to be replaced. (Sometimes I hate metagame reasons, but I can't ignore them.)
Perhaps that would be true if he hadn't asked to be replaced in another game, but he essentially quit mafia all together. This was his only game. If time constraints were truly a factor (as he said), I don't think his alignment would matter that much.
It's much easier to play mafia when you're mafia, because you're not having to figure out who's who.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:29 am

Post by VitaminR »

Meh, that relies on how you experience the game. I personally find it much easier to post when town than when mafia, although it depends on the atmosphere of the game.

Essentially, when town you don't have to make up suspicions either. It works both ways.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:11 am

Post by VitaminR »

We now have about a day to go before the deadline.

I suggest we start looking at a compromise soon, so we don't end up rushing too much.

I'll support a Seol and gorckat lynch. I'd much prefer a Seol one and I think that's the compromise we should be heading towards here. Of course, I am biased.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:22 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I still want to hear from Avinyl and Soel.

Been nigh on two weeks since anything from Soel, Avinyl pops up once a week to say something's coming, it never appears.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:46 am

Post by VitaminR »

I've been waiting for that too, but the deadline is creeping awfully close.

If anything, we need to allow for time to claim.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:51 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Agreed, MeMe any chance we could have an extension? Say a couple more days? Obv if both Soel/Avinyl pipe up today then fair enough.

I'm also still waiting for Fircoal to elaborate on my question in 306.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:30 am

Post by Fircoal »

theopor_COD wrote:
Go on why?

Because I cast suspicion on you is it, at least point out why you find me scummy, an argument for my lynch shall we say and the same for a Soel lynch.

I'm still happy with a Fircoal or Gorckat lynch.
What do you mean by "Go on why"?

MY reasons are the same as before.
Fircoal strikes me more like an awful fake claim that gets you lynched in under 25 posts. - Kelly Chen
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:56 am

Post by MeMe »

The "deadline stands, so just a bit more than 28.5 hours to deadline"
Vote Count
:

theopor_COD
(2):
Seol, Fircoal

Fircoal
(2):
Thesp, gorckat

VitaminR
(1):
Avinyl

Seol
(1):
VitaminR

not voting
(1):
theopor_COD

Four before deadline, three at.

~~~~~

Prodded Seol.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:16 am

Post by gorckat »

Is anyone in a game that Seol has posted in during th elast week? I'm in another game with him that he hasn't posted in for a week or so, at least. What about avinyl?

I was about to say that theopor was looking like another 'hat-hanger' for the way he'll lynch anyone, but I realized he listed everyone :P

Which also made me realize that Fircoal and Seol (although absent) have their votes sitting on him. They are the only two who haven't cleared theopor (or at least have him down as strongly suspect), right?

They both are probably our best bets. I'm gonna go back and re-read Fircoal's vote history to see if it makes sense (an alignment with Seol). I'll try to post again shortly.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:38 am

Post by VitaminR »

I think Seol has posted on the site, but I don't think that's an indicator of anything. There is a lot to respond to and read here.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:50 am

Post by gorckat »

Eh- I don't think there's any link between Fircoal and Seol (based on my thinking last post, at any rate). Fircoal was actually voting Seol at one point and during that run Seol was either at -1 or would have been if VR had flipped his vote (I finished looking just a second ago, but dismissed the link and forgot the exact timing oh...immediately :P) and that was around the time VR started looking at Seol.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Fircoal wrote:What do you mean by "Go on why"?

I just think your whole argument against me is pretty much OMGUS because I decided to take a closer look at you.

As soon as I found your posts/actions suspicious you've then gone back and ascertained that I'm the scummiest pretty much for finding some suspicion on you. Yeh I followed Thesp a little but he didn't elaborate on his reasons until after my theory on the early three votes and yep the same theory applies to him and Azkar/Gorckat but their responses seem to have come with an understanding that townies will analyse things like early voting patterns and come to conclusions. You on the other hand don't seem to accept that a townie would do such a thing and find suspicion on yourself. I find everyone pretty suspicious and haven't cleared anyone . . . but unless anything dramatic changes in a day I'll be voting you.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by Fircoal »

theopor_COD wrote:
Fircoal wrote:What do you mean by "Go on why"?

I just think your whole argument against me is pretty much OMGUS because I decided to take a closer look at you.

As soon as I found your posts/actions suspicious you've then gone back and ascertained that I'm the scummiest pretty much for finding some suspicion on you. Yeh I followed Thesp a little but he didn't elaborate on his reasons until after my theory on the early three votes and yep the same theory applies to him and Azkar/Gorckat but their responses seem to have come with an understanding that townies will analyse things like early voting patterns and come to conclusions. You on the other hand don't seem to accept that a townie would do such a thing and find suspicion on yourself. I find everyone pretty suspicious and haven't cleared anyone . . . but unless anything dramatic changes in a day I'll be voting you.
It wasn't OMGUS, I thought that your reasoning was scummy, as I said before, and that you could of picked the other people but the bandwagon factor was what tiggered it.
gorckat wrote:They both are probably our best bets. I'm gonna go back and re-read Fircoal's vote history to see if it makes sense (an alignment with Seol). I'll try to post again shortly.
WAit a minute didn't you review my posts? Also you're already voting me, wouldn't that be a point that you already would of looked over.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:44 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

[quote="Fircoal]
It wasn't OMGUS, I thought that your reasoning was scummy, as I said before, and that you could of picked the other people but the bandwagon factor was what tiggered it.
[/quote]

I think it would be more scummy if I didn't comment on the early wagon on me. Being on 3 votes for over a week is pretty much a decent place to start looking for scum, as I say I still think Soel/Vitamin could have hammered and then escaped a lynch, which is why I'm thinking more so the scum were already on the wagon. Yeh I could have picked Thesp or Gorckat as a possible candidate, but I picked you based on your posts, lots of fishing going on earlier, asking ppl for opinions, not much in the way of going out to catch scum. Your now overly defensive because there's suspicion on you and are voting me pretty much because of it, I'm say 90% sure your scum.

I'm pretty sure your more scum than Soel who seems to be the other candidate. I don't want Soel lynched, you I'm happy to lynch.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:47 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

EBWOP - Top paragraph is Fircoal quote if anyone's unsure mucked up my quotations as usual, ought to use the Preview tool. :roll:
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:40 am

Post by gorckat »

Fircoal wrote:
gorckat wrote:They both are probably our best bets. I'm gonna go back and re-read Fircoal's vote history to see if it makes sense (an alignment with Seol). I'll try to post again shortly.
WAit a minute didn't you review my posts? Also you're already voting me, wouldn't that be a point that you already would of looked over.
The post you quoted was looking at you and Seol as a pair, something that was fairly common earlier in the game (before I started). I don't think that's the case based on just your votes- Seol was either at -1 or would have been with your vote. That just seems to risky.

My vote is on you based on your actions alone.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”