Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

spectrumvoid wrote:MoS: To paraphrase your latest defence, you're saying: Hey look! I made a scum-tell by being non-commital. But I made it so many times, so it's no longer a scum-tell!

I don't think he meant you should make a random accusation, more like you should actually take sides for once. (I didn't notice you were non-commital that many times, by the way. Nice of you to point it out.)

An extension of the no-lynch issue: I don't think voting for no lynch is a scum-tell either way. We have enough ICs here, ICs should know that there's no way a no lynch will go through.
Uh, what? Way to make sense, not.
Permanent V/LA.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:21 am

Post by Atticus »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:With two people posting
at the time
(besides me), I could hardly get a read on anyone in the game, especially after all the replacements. I already said that I was going to cast out the No Lynch and act as it didn't happen, since everyone was inactive and I can see why people did it, even if it was a bad idea. Not much happened day one for me to talk about, so I want people to weigh in today so there is substance that is relevant and actually furthers the progress of the game. I fail to see what is scummy about that.
(emphasis mine)

Fail, Atticus, Fail. Please try again and check your facts more thoroughly.
I'm sorry, if you're going to say
at the time
I'm going to assume that you mean,
at the time of this post that I am typing right now.
If you're going to tell me that that means,
At the time of my
last
post besides this one
then I would rebuke you for poor wording.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:16 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Atticus: MOS's post had confused me for a bit, but it makes a lot more sense when I realized it was a response to the post CD made two posts before it.

chaotic_diablo wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:I'd like other people to weigh in. This argument isn't getting us anywhere.
It looks like he's waiting for someone to do something scummy. As scum, it looks like he's trying to avoid suspicion while searching for an easy way to implicate people.
Response being:
Mastermind of Sin wrote: With two people posting at the time (besides me), I could hardly get a read on anyone in the game, especially after all the replacements.
So I did read MOS's post as refering to "the time" CD was speaking of in HIS post. Anyway, if he was talking about the present, the past tense there wouldn't fit.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:18 pm

Post by Atticus »

As much as I would have loved to hear a response from MoS, that makes a lot of sense. I'm never very good at catching that sort of thing.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:38 am

If I was talking about the present post, I would've said "at this time".
Permanent V/LA.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:50 am

Post by Atticus »

That is another good point, and I'm willing to drop this right now, what with being proved wrong completely and all.

.......so...yeah......
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:27 am

Post by Adele »

VoteCount

Chaotic_Diablo: 2 (Yosarian2, warpdragon)
Mastermind of Sin: 1 (Spectrumvoid)
Willows_weep: 1 (Chaotic_Diablo)
Yosarian2: 1 (Central Scrutiniser)

Not Voting: 5 (Atticus, Central Scrutiniser, Fircoal, riktus, willows_weep )

With 10 living, it takes 6 to lunch
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:37 am

Post by Adele »

Prods sent to Fircoal, Warpdragon and Willows_weep
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:47 am

Post by Fircoal »

I'm still here, anyway, I think that Yos's no lynch argument is bad. Just because one person is more experience doesn't put the most blame on him.
Fircoal strikes me more like an awful fake claim that gets you lynched in under 25 posts. - Kelly Chen
warpdragon
warpdragon
Goon
warpdragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:17 am

Post by warpdragon »

Adele wrote:With 10 living, it takes 6 to lunch
Lunch?

C_D, the point was that you called it a scumtell in a very sarcastic tone (at least from my POV) and then voted on it.
Show
IS: Kiwis get to hunt the natives on Sundays
Tally: kiwis are the natives
IS: Thats the fun part

Mackay: Oh hey, I got sigged! :)

[size=75][i]Edited by Warpdragon[/i][/size]
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:17 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

warpdragon wrote:
Adele wrote:With 10 living, it takes 6 to lunch
Lunch?

C_D, the point was that you called it a scumtell in a very sarcastic tone (at least from my POV) and then voted on it.
I don't remember posting it in a sarcastic tone. See, sarcastic would mean I'm implying the opposite meaning to what I'm trying to say. So when I say
It's a scumtell
, it really isn't. However, since I'm not being sarcastic and I said "It's a scumtell", I mean, "it's a scumtell." The point that differentiates whether it is sarcastic or not is my vote.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
warpdragon
warpdragon
Goon
warpdragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:13 am

Post by warpdragon »

The phrasing in
Oh look, a comment on the night kills, scumtell!
definitely seems sarcastic. Atticus seems to think so too.
Show
IS: Kiwis get to hunt the natives on Sundays
Tally: kiwis are the natives
IS: Thats the fun part

Mackay: Oh hey, I got sigged! :)

[size=75][i]Edited by Warpdragon[/i][/size]
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:47 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

warpdragon wrote:The phrasing in
definitely
seems
sarcastic. Atticus
seems
to think so too.
The key word is that it
seems
sarcastic. That doesn't mean it is.

Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:13 pm

Post by Atticus »

warpdragon wrote:The phrasing in
definitely seems sarcastic. Atticus seems to think so too.
NO um, I don't think that. I said that it makes no sense, because she had said it in reference to the fact that Yosarian was accusing B_K, who was...dead.

I said it doesn't make sense, unless it is complete sarcasm, which it would be one weird sense of humor we're dealing with, if he votes according to his sarcasm.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:29 pm

I totally thought it was sarcasm as well, and as such dismissed it as evidence. However, since c_d has confirmed that he was serious in saying it's a scumtell,
vote: c_d
. That's a bunch of craplogic, and calling it a scumtell makes no sense at all.
Permanent V/LA.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:40 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I should clarify: your defense seems to me like you're admitting you're non-commital, but because you did it so many times, it's somehow not a scum-tell.
Blank.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:08 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I totally thought it was sarcasm as well, and as such dismissed it as evidence. However, since c_d has confirmed that he was serious in saying it's a scumtell,
I've been in multiple threads and they have the same thing, with reasoning. I don't want to get into metagaming, but players, in this game who have been with me in other games, have used this logic before. It is slight evidence, not OMG it's so big we should lynch! So I'm not too sure why you're taking it so seriously.

riktus
riktus
Goon
riktus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by riktus »

Hello chaps and chapesses, I am back and will be with you properly tomorrow. Have kept roughly up to date, but need a read through again.
IIRC a major portion of the discussion this last week has been about the decision to no lynch - I was one of the culprits there, so if someone (Yos?) wants to ask me about that and get the ball rolling when I'm back tomorrow, please do. Effectively, it wasn't a good idea - but I found the alternative (which was making an arbitrary decision with half the players missing) to be worse. No lynch when everyone is playing and a deadline is approaching but you cant decide? Terrible idea. No lynch when almost noone is talking and the alternative is little better than picking a name out of the hat? I see that as somewhat more acceptable.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:12 pm

chaotic_diablo wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:I totally thought it was sarcasm as well, and as such dismissed it as evidence. However, since c_d has confirmed that he was serious in saying it's a scumtell,
I've been in multiple threads and they have the same thing, with reasoning. I don't want to get into metagaming, but players, in this game who have been with me in other games, have used this logic before. It is slight evidence, not OMG it's so big we should lynch! So I'm not too sure why you're taking it so seriously.
Because I don't agree that it's a scumtell at all. I think you are pulling things out of thin air to try and create suspicion on people.
Permanent V/LA.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

MOS wrote:Because I don't agree that it's a scumtell at all. I think you are pulling things out of thin air to try and create suspicion on people.
It's a scumtell to me and your disapproval is simply a difference of opinion. As I stated, there are some players in this thread who have seen this scumtell and have supported it as a slight one, hence why I placed it in that tone. It isn't sarcasm, as you assumed it was.

Let's review my post, shall we?
chaotic_diablo wrote:I'm not all that surprised with all the inactivity.
willows_weep wrote:OOo...I need to do a read through. But I do know that B_k is dead. He was the inventor. And pro-town. The mod said so :)
Mastermind of Sin wrote:I'd like other people to weigh in. This argument isn't getting us anywhere.
It looks like he's waiting for someone to do something scummy. As scum, it looks like he's trying to avoid suspicion while searching for an easy way to implicate people.

I suggest we start with a bandwagon on one of the two above.
vote willows_weep

He's been in the game since the beginning, so I'm thinking his "reread" posts are just placeholder posts.
Which part of it is poofed out of thin air? Are you referring to just that one
sarcastic
post or do you have something more?

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:33 pm

I am claiming that you are creating a scumtell where there is none. What ww said is not scummy in the least, and I believe you are spouting craplogic to convince us that it is scum. Claiming that this is just a "difference of opinion" doesn't mean shit, because if that meant anything, all scum could just say it's a "difference of opinion" when someone calls their actions scummy, because clearly it's just your opinion that they're scummy, even though they're actually just being protown. That's not gonna fly with me. Either explain WHY ww's post was scummy and convince me of your innocence, or just die, scum. Just claiming that it is a scumtell isn't gonna cut it.
Permanent V/LA.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:27 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I am claiming that you are creating a scumtell where there is none. What ww said is not scummy in the least, and I believe you are spouting craplogic to convince us that it is scum.
Again, I picked up the scumtell from other games.
Claiming that this is just a "difference of opinion" doesn't mean shit, because if that meant anything, all scum could just say it's a "difference of opinion" when someone calls their actions scummy, because clearly it's just your opinion that they're scummy, even though they're actually just being protown. That's not gonna fly with me. Either explain WHY ww's post was scummy and convince me of your innocence, or just die, scum. Just claiming that it is a scumtell isn't gonna cut it.

Commenting on the night's events could simply be scum faking surprise at how it went. They kill, then gasp in shock as they see who it is and state "Oh my, Bk is dead, AND an inventor, AND protown." Information such as this is provided by the mod at the time of death and the act of surprise is just an attempt to look innocent.

riktus
riktus
Goon
riktus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:45 pm

Post by riktus »

I seem to remember something from JEEPs common tells in the wiki mentioning that commenting on protown deaths was a potential tell. However I think that was more along the lines of 'oh it sucks that our doctor was killed' = scum - and that bit of the wiki has dsappeared for now :(. Willowsweep, I presume, mentioned BK because Yos had FOSed him. I'm just wondering why you see it as a scumtell CD? Can you reference any of the other games you have seen this tell in action?

I have also noticed somethign of an inconsistency in your laest explanation. You say:
chaotic_diablo wrote:Commenting on the night's events could simply be scum faking surprise at how it went. They kill, then gasp in shock as they see who it is and state
"Oh my, Bk is dead, AND an inventor, AND protown."
Information such as this is provided by the mod at the time of death and the act of surprise is just an attempt to look innocent.
whereas willows_weep in fact said
willows_weep wrote:OOo...I need to do a read through.
But I do know that B_k is dead. He was the inventor. And pro-town. The mod said so
:)
I don't really see the suprise you mentioned there, there is certainly no 'Oh my'.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:20 am

Exactly. For one who keeps berating me for misreading the context of his FoS as a sarcastic one, you seem to be really bad at understanding the tone of other people's posts, c_d. ww wasn't commenting on the deaths in shock or dismay, just stating the facts because Yos FoSed a dead person and was using their actions as part of his case that people who voted no lynch were scummy. I also find it highly suspicious that you are singling out ww, who wasn't the only person to "comment" on the deaths. Focusing on one person when others have committed the same supposed "scumtell" is just further evidence that you are trying to create suspicion on people where there is none.
Permanent V/LA.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:19 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

The "oh my" is a general term used to display a stereotypical action. If you're using it in a literal sense, then you're not understanding my point.
"OOo", that is a surprise response at how the night events have turned out. Then he goes back to reread in order to make a new assumption or idea to "contemplate" how the events have turned out. Again, it's like saying, "Oh my, he's an inventor, protown, and dead. I'm going to go back and read."

With the scumtell, I explained why I singled out WW. Did you not read my post that stated,
He's been in the game since the beginning, so I'm thinking his "reread" posts are just placeholder posts.
Other players have been replaced and require this "read". I'm not going after him simply because of a scumtell, I'm doing it because of other points as well.

Now, stating the obvious facts does not help advance the game. How is that protown? OMG, he's protown, dead, and inventor! NO F*CKIN SHIT SHERLOCK.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”