Policy Discussion: Newbie Games

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:15 am

Post by Glork »

I think 2 ICs is probably fine. However, I feel that many mods should make more of a conscious effort to answer procedural ("What happens if a deadline comes and we don't have enough to lynch?"), technical ("Do I have to unvote before switching votes? Should I do so anyway?"), and gameplay ("What does WIFOM mean? What about FoS?") questions. The most basic tactics should be explained by the ICs as the game progresses, along with advice on common Newbie Game issues. ("So, uh... everyone random-voted and now we're sitting here. What do we do now?") But other than that, I completely agree with the sentiment that new players don't generally need to be babied into leanring the game. Let ICs and the Mod point to relevant wiki articles, examples from other games, or whatever else comes up, but don't overdo things by forcing more than a couple of experienced helpers.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:54 am

Post by Glork »

Oh, don't get me wrong... I don't think that mods should baby the newbies or cater to their whims either -- overreliance on experienced people is the last thing we want. I'm just saying that sometimes I wish mods would be more willing to explain some of the basics, as long as they remain completely objective.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”