Policy Discussion: Newbie Games

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:22 am

Post by Mert »

I don't necessarily think we need "advisors" per se, but as Glork says, the mod could explain certain factual elements of the game or redirect to the relevant wiki page where required.

I suppose you could split it into "first newbie games", where there'd be the 7:3 ratio and "general C9 games" which, while newbies would be encouraged to play them before joining a big game, the amount of IC players was not a prerequisite to a game starting. You'd probably need a maximum cap of IC players but no minimum amount.
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:11 am

Post by Mert »

We could ask IC players to follow a game (or read it after it's finished) and comment on it afterward in-thread, rather than give continuous advice throughout someone's newbiedom? Perhaps they could be asked to follow it and make notes as they go along so their view isn't tainted by knowing roles after the fact?

Meh, I dunno - depends what IC players do and don't have the time/effort to do, really.
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]

Return to “Mafia Discussion”