Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:18 am

Post by Battle Mage »

well im cleared. i also have a strong feeling that Lowell is protown. That leaves TCS, Akbar and Ripley. I cant placer Ripley as either scum or town atm. TCS and Akbar i could both envisage as being scum, but presumably only 1 of them is. I have been voting TCS for the best part of 3 days now, and whilst i feel i should stick with my convictions, i think Akbar is equally suspicious. I wont vote for now, and can i request that nobody hammers anyone until i have had time to reread tomorrow.
BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:07 am

Post by Akbar »

Well, I don't mind taking one for the team just to get us closer. Being one of the less-experienced players remaining, I wouldn't take it too hard :) .

If we go that route, we'll be LyLo with Lowell, Ripley and TCS tomorrow. The question is will the remaining scum be apparent from that group.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:38 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

The Central Scrutiniser (1) -- Akbar
Lowell (1) -- The Central Scrutiniser

Not voting: Ripley, Lowell, Battle Mage
5 alive, 3 to lynch.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

QFT. I am bound to get NKed tonight, UNLESS the scum believe (as i do) that one of the remaining players is a role-blocker. If that is the case, can the RB plz claim now?
In the meantime, im going to reread and decide which of Akbar and TCS is scummier.
BM

Akbar wrote:Well, I don't mind taking one for the team just to get us closer. Being one of the less-experienced players remaining, I wouldn't take it too hard :) .

If we go that route, we'll be LyLo with Lowell, Ripley and TCS tomorrow. The question is will the remaining scum be apparent from that group.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

well my reread makes ALL of you look pretty scummy (other than SL). :o
Akbar and TCS look as thick as thieves throughout the game (usually voting the same way within a couple of posts of each other) :P
Fortunately, i noticed a bit of fraternising between Fircoal (confirmed scum) and Akbar. I dont think Fircoal would be dumb enough to congratulate his scumbuddy in thread.
Im happy to go for a TCS lynch today, but tomorrow i expect Akbar to be lynched. If BOTH him and TCS are protown, ill eat my cat.
Vote: TCS
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:22 am

Post by Lowell »

I agree with BM.

I've gone out of my way to say how innocent I think Ripley, Akbar, and TCS are. Since BM is innocent, I guess I'm wrong about one of them.

1) Akbar was the rival Day 1 wagon. As I've said, I find it hard to believe that we had 2 scum on the ropes day 1.

2) Ripley cast the deciding vote day 1. He's been nothing but townish looking since then

3) I'm not as certain what made me sure TCS was town, other than his playstyle (which was, indeed, convincing). However he's my candidate by process of elimination. The way he led out with a vote on me (the easiet other target) looks very much like a last-ditch attempt to turn the town away from himself.

Therefore,
vote TCS
. Gotta be...
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:01 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Good game, town.

I blame Fircoal.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:19 am

Post by Patrick »

And so the tradition of lightning fast decisions continues. The Central Scrutiniser barely has a chance to get out of bed before he is set upon by a lynch mob of three. The Central Scrutiniser is strung up in the town square, and his body left there as a warning to any mafias who would dare try to infiltrate this town. The four townies look at each other in relief, pleased to have finally destroyed the evil within the town, though many innocent lives were lost. For now, the town is safe. Thankyou for playing.

------------

The Central Scrutiniser (Mafia) has been lynched.
Town wins!

Nightactions and comments to follow shortly.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:20 am

Post by Battle Mage »

so you are scum?
YAY!
:D

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Good game, town.

I blame Fircoal.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:20 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I FRIGGING KNEW IT! :D
Wicked Game guys! :lol:

Patrick wrote:
And so the tradition of lightning fast decisions continues. The Central Scrutiniser barely has a chance to get out of bed before he is set upon by a lynch mob of three. The Central Scrutiniser is strung up in the town square, and his body left there as a warning to any mafias who would dare try to infiltrate this town. The four townies look at each other in relief, pleased to have finally destroyed the evil within the town, though many innocent lives were lost. For now, the town is safe. Thankyou for playing.

------------

The Central Scrutiniser (Mafia) has been lynched.
Town wins!

Nightactions and comments to follow shortly.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:29 am

Post by IH »

I blame Fircoal and TCS. I was lynched for crap reasons, and pretty much had a mindless wagon pushed on me and was lynched for deadline reasons.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:30 am

Post by Patrick »

Roles

Mafia: IH, Fircoal, The Central Scrutiniser
Cop: Spectrumvoid
Doctor: Sage
Townies: Battle Mage, Ripley, Lowell, Twito, Shadowlurker, AndrewS, Akbar

Mafia choices: N0 Sage, N1 AndrewS, N2 Spectrumvoid, N3 Shadowlurker.
Cop choices: N0 Shadowlurker, N1 Battle Mage, N2 Fircoal.
Doctor choices: N0 Lowell.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:32 am

Post by IH »

We were pretty close to killing SV too on n0
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:33 am

Post by Ripley »

Yay town! And thank you guys for saving me from hours of rereading for the second day in a row.

(waits for Fircoal to arrive and blame TCS and IH...)
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:46 am

Post by Patrick »

Well this game was certainly a pleasant first modding experience. Minimal issues, and only one replacement needed, along with decent activity.

As for the play, the scum got lucky hitting the doctor night 0, but they were pretty much on the back foot for the whole game, at least certainly after IH was lynched. I wasn't reading as closely as most players I'd imagine, so I wasn't entirely clear what the case against IH was, though it seemed to work well enough.

Fircoal was probably a little too transparent in his intentions on day 1. The attempts to save IH were risky, and meant that he was always going to be suspect after IH died. The Central Scrutuniser took a more subtle approach. I could see clear signs of bussing, mostly the fact that he had a mystery scumtell on IH which he couldn't reveal, and the fact that he was so sure. He also made alot of attemps to set people up for "when IH turns up scum tomorrow" which I thought suggested he already knew what the result of lynch would be. Of course, it's always easy to spot these things when you're in the moderator's position.

Main other thing was the timing of the cop claim. It worked well, though I had wondered whether voidycakes might try to hold out for another night and get another investigation in. She looked scummy enough to probably not be nightkilled. Of course, the risk was that she could be killed and all her information would die with her.

Well played guys, and hope you enjoyed the game!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

You didnt mention the fact i was onto TCS from Day 1.
BM wants Mod recognition :P

Patrick wrote:Well this game was certainly a pleasant first modding experience. Minimal issues, and only one replacement needed, along with decent activity.

As for the play, the scum got lucky hitting the doctor night 0, but they were pretty much on the back foot for the whole game, at least certainly after IH was lynched. I wasn't reading as closely as most players I'd imagine, so I wasn't entirely clear what the case against IH was, though it seemed to work well enough.

Fircoal was probably a little too transparent in his intentions on day 1. The attempts to save IH were risky, and meant that he was always going to be suspect after IH died. The Central Scrutuniser took a more subtle approach. I could see clear signs of bussing, mostly the fact that he had a mystery scumtell on IH which he couldn't reveal, and the fact that he was so sure. He also made alot of attemps to set people up for "when IH turns up scum tomorrow" which I thought suggested he already knew what the result of lynch would be. Of course, it's always easy to spot these things when you're in the moderator's position.

Main other thing was the timing of the cop claim. It worked well, though I had wondered whether voidycakes might try to hold out for another night and get another investigation in. She looked scummy enough to probably not be nightkilled. Of course, the risk was that she could be killed and all her information would die with her.

Well played guys, and hope you enjoyed the game!
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:41 am

I didn't mean for my wagon on IH to end up in a lynch. If anything, I was trying to push TOO hard and get counter-lynched, thus clearing my scum partner. But I had to work with what happened. Fircoal was a little too obvious in his intentions and would not agree to kill either BM, SL or SV, who, my hand to Allah, were my top three night choices to kill N1.

Anyway. Good game, town. I've learned that bussing a scumbuddy Day 1 is not the way to go about winning as scum. :P
possibly
comment."
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by Patrick »

When I questioned AndrewS after his death on night 1, he correctly picked out TCS as scum, though he guessed wrongly for the other scum. Spectrumvoid knew Fircoal was scum from her investigation when I asked her, and picked Lowell as the other if I recall. She also stated that Ripley deserved an award if he was scum :)
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by Ripley »

Patrick wrote:She also stated that Ripley deserved an award if he was scum.
I was really enjoying that sentence till I got to the last four words.
Patrick wrote:I wasn't reading as closely as most players I'd imagine, so I wasn't entirely clear what the case against IH was, though it seemed to work well enough.
I wasn't entirely clear either. In fact I'm not sure I had any idea at all. I was fairly consistently clueless in this game. I stumbled into lynching the right person, IH, Day 1 because I suspected everyone else who was on the other wagon at the time (SL, BM, Twito). All three of them turned out to be town.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:12 pm

EBQOP: I never once thought to NK spectrumvoid, I thought she would be a good lynch. But N1 I did want to kill either SL or BM.
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:24 pm

When I looked back over my pms i never mentioned lynching void... sorry allah.
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:25 pm

*nk'ing
possibly
comment."
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:07 pm

Post by IH »

Seriously, there was NO case for me on day 1, it was just townies wagoning with scum and not listening at all. I knew TCS was trying to get a counter wagon to happen and get him lynched, which was why I was pushing just as hard, but trying not to be as obvious.

I mean, even if he was bussing a scumbuddy, you NEVER get on a wagon as town unless you KNOW why you're on there, or you can at least come up with SOME kind of argument. My lynch resulted in mindless bandwagoning who had an untangible scum tell, even though TCS was way scummier.

if town would have actually been thinking we would have had more of a chance. A rare chance where town can coast along to a win without any logic at all....

If someone can find a case that was actually good and against me, I'd still love to see it = (
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:02 pm

Post by Fircoal »

Ripley wrote:Yay town! And thank you guys for saving me from hours of rereading for the second day in a row.

(waits for Fircoal to arrive and blame TCS and IH...)
Na, It's not their fault we lost. I will take some of the blame, but overall gg town. One mistake was voting Akbar when I knew that the lynch probably wouldn't go though. I probably made other mistakes too. :(
Fircoal strikes me more like an awful fake claim that gets you lynched in under 25 posts. - Kelly Chen
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:01 pm

Post by Akbar »

Fun game guys. That was my 1st completed game on Mafia Scum. 1-0 :)
IH I wasn't really very suspicious of you at all. I was suspicious of TCS and lynching you was kinda a confirmation for his alignment. I figured if you were town, it would be a fair trade for TCS scum. The whole secret scum tell thing made me think you were scum or he was lying to get a townie killed. I figured either way by day 2, 1 scum would be dead.

I got all screwed up after the lynching though. With SV and SL competing against me for IH's safety, I was thrown completely off the trail.

Nice posts Ripley. They are informative and easy to follow. Your probably very manipulative when playing scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”