Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:35 am

Post by Ripley »

I'm the doc, and Twito is a scummy bag of scummy scum.

Now what? People claiming roles claim targets in same order?
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:02 am

Post by Ripley »

Actually what I just said is stupid. Nightfall is cleared and he should go last.

Since the scum already know who I protected I can't immediately see why I shouldn't just go ahead and tell the rest of you, but it's too early for me to be thinking entirely clearly so I'll say nothing for the moment in case anybody prefers to have Twito go before me.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:07 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

I don't think it makes any difference in which order you do it. As you say, you/Twito are not telling the scum anything they don't know already.
#greenshirtthursdays
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:33 am

Post by Skruffs »

Yeah but it tells the rest of us who *don't* know something :P Who you guys protected = cleared townie. And I'm really really surprised patrick claimed townie.
I thought for sure he protected or inspected Ripley, based on how trusting he seems of the guy who hammered the day before :P
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:54 am

Post by Patrick »

Nightfall being a powerole doesn't surprise me at all, I was getting that vibe. He is cleared, and hopefully has a helpful result.

Ripley and Twito need to claim who they protected, followed by Nightfall claiming his result if any.
Skruffs wrote:And I'm really really surprised patrick claimed townie.
I thought for sure he protected or inspected Ripley, based on how trusting he seems of the guy who hammered the day before Razz
Again, you seem to be putting far too much on the voting record here. It doesn't bother me that Ripley hammered Fircoal, I would have done the same in his situation. I'd be more suspicious if he'd lurked around deadline and done nothing. As I pointed out before, no lynch is ridiculous in this setup on day 1.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:10 am

Post by Skruffs »

And as I have pointed out, under further consideration, there actually is nothing wrong with nolynching, compared to random lynching. It definitely benefitted scum to mislynch
far more than it would have hurt us to nolynch.

Anyways, that aside, you were still acting very trustworthy of ripley before and during the setting up of a claiming process; I had assumed that it was because you knew something, but now I'm just suspicious. Considering the biggest argument against twito/fircoal yesterday was that they were acting way too friendly with each other, it makes sense that people would not be so open about their faith in each other today. Anyways.

One of Twito/Ripley and one of Me/CDB/Patrick are the obvious scum, for those viewers just tuning in.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:11 am

Post by Skruffs »

Again, the emphasis is not on the voting record, it's the jovial nature of you and ripley. :P
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:12 am

No Lynch = bad. I won't hear a word against that statement.

Agree that Ripley's behaviour was fine D1. I think Twito is our more likely scumbag out of those two. Skruffs is probably the other, but that being said, I have
never
gotten a scumvibe from Patrick. Not sure if I've ever seen him as scum.
#greenshirtthursdays
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:33 am

Post by Patrick »

Skruffs wrote:And as I have pointed out, under further consideration, there actually is nothing wrong with nolynching, compared to random lynching. It definitely benefitted scum to mislynch
far more than it would have hurt us to nolynch.
I think you keep missing the point Skruffs. Sure, no lynching is better than lynching a townie. But we didn't know Fircoal was a townie until the mod told us. You aren't going to convince me that no lynching is a good idea on day 1 of a 7 player game.
Skruffs wrote:Anyways, that aside, you were still acting very trustworthy of ripley before and during the setting up of a claiming process; I had assumed that it was because you knew something, but now I'm just suspicious. Considering the biggest argument against twito/fircoal yesterday was that they were acting way too friendly with each other, it makes sense that people would not be so open about their faith in each other today. Anyways.
I don't think I've been overely protective of him, and I think he's town based on posts. I don't think that I suggested stringing up Fircoal based on being chummy. I didn't like some of the things he said, such as the suggestion that Ernie and Nightfall could be scum together, as well as the blatant sucking up in the same post. He also didn't do a good job explaining his thought process to CDB later on. I'll grant that the spamming didn't exactly make me feel better about him either. I don't think Fircoal or Twito's play are comparable to any chumminess between me and Ripley.

I agree with Channel Delibird's last post, that is also the scumpair that I'm seeing at the moment.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:39 am

Post by Patrick »

CDB wrote:I have never gotten a scumvibe from Patrick. Not sure if I've ever seen him as scum.
Last pie c9 would be the game you've probably tried to forget :wink:
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:58 am

Post by Skruffs »

I am being set up the bomb. :P
Okay. I'm not going to push that it was scummy to lynch badly day one, but looking at it, with this setup, it may have potentially been better not to. That being said, I'm done with the argument.
I can feel myself getting defensive, and when I get defensive, I get paranoid and impulslive, so..
I'm going to take a step back, breath a few times, and look at this game with open eyes. While I originally thought based on behavior that patrickand ripley were the scum, i could be wrong (And probably am wrong) - and if i keep pushing it, i'll be an easy lynch target.
So, that explained, i am going to take a little nap and come back. Doctors should claim.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:05 am

Patrick wrote:
CDB wrote:I have never gotten a scumvibe from Patrick. Not sure if I've ever seen him as scum.
Last pie c9 would be the game you've probably tried to forget :wink:
I still have nightmares about that.
#greenshirtthursdays
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:53 am

Post by Ripley »

I've only skimmed the posts that have appeared since I went out, so no deep analysis at this stage. I'll just say (a) I really disagree that it was the wrong play to lynch Day 1, and I'm not just saying that because I was the one to hammer Fircoal. I know I make mistakes, and I admit them when I do. And (b) I protected Patrick. My reasons for the choice were a bit haphazard but I'll provide them if anyone wishes. I know the scum are Twito and one of Skruffs/CDb.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:19 am

Post by Skruffs »

I am going to go out on a limb and say that you are claiming that as the real doctor, you protected patrick - which is why you are not including him as a possible sum. Correct?
If you confirm this than I can stop being so suspicious about how the two of you are treating each other

. At this point it's all in, or nothing. We either lynch right or we fudge up and it's game over. That being said, we have a 50/50 shot of (with no other influeces) lynching correctly between twito and ripley, a 33% chance between me, CDB and patrick.

This is why the power roles need to speak, because it's what they've done or at least say they do that is going to determine the outcome of the game. I agree both doctors should claim before nightfall does. But no hinting or breadccrumbing or baiting, just say it. :P
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:20 am

Post by Ripley »

I did say I protected Patrick.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:21 am

Post by Skruffs »

Ha. Somehow I missed where you actually said you protected patrick, or stopped reading when you didn't include him as scum, or something.
Yay.
Okay that might come accross as hostile, it's not meant to be.

Sure, what are your reasons?
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:26 am

Post by Ripley »

I think I'd like to have Twito say who he's going to pretend to have protected before I explain why I protected Patrick. I said my reasons were haphazard, but actually "convoluted" would probably be a better description. I'll type it up now, and post it as soon as we hear from Twito.
Skruffs wrote:Okay that might come accross as hostile
Not in the slightest.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:03 am

Post by Skruffs »

Thanks, and, cool.
We might just win this. :D
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:10 am

Post by Ripley »

You see now that I was dismayed by your prediction that Patrick had a result that cleared me. (It hadn't occurred to me, I just thought he took me as innocent from my posts.) But if he had, that would have been really unlucky, with the cop clearing the doc and the doc clearing the cop (and the scum smirking Tweetily and Delibly/Skruffily in the background.)

I have a fairly strong preference for the outstanding scum but I'm not going to say anything in case Nightfall pops up and proves me wrong. I look stupid often enough as it is without engineering more situations of potential idiocy.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:47 am

Post by Skruffs »

I don't follow your reasoning; if the doctor could the cop, cop would not possibly have been blocked. We'd have a cleared person/caught scum. As it is, the suspense hangs over this game like the iron curtain.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:53 am

Post by Ripley »

What I meant was, if there had been no counterclaims, then having the doc and cop only able to clear each other would be a bad result, because in a situation where potentially 4 people could be cleared only 2 would be.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:52 am

Post by Patrick »

I'm suprised that my supposed defence of Ripley came across that strongly. From what I was saying on day 1, I'd have thought it was clear that I wouldn't have investigated Ripley if I were a cop. Anyway, Twito, give us the goods.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:54 pm

Post by Ripley »

Twito's been pretty vague about his access. He might post tonight but it's equally possible we won't hear any more from him for a week. Any thoughts as to how long we give him? Do we actually have any option but to wait? How damaging would it be to bypass him and get Nightfall's result?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:57 pm

Post by Patrick »

Well from your POV, if you really are the doc, there is no damage from letting Nightfall go first because you know Twito is scum. For those of us who don't know, it's better for Twito to go before Nightfall.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:04 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Agreed with patrick.
He said he was on spring break and would check in while he could...

Let's just wait. It's better to be thorough than to be fast. Slow n steady wins the race.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”