NY 171: An Education in Telling Jokes (Game Over!)

pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:14 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

*want
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:15 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

what an interesting pagetop
whew!
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:37 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 1045, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1041, Ythan wrote:provide a suitable alternative
In post 1032, Ythan wrote:Full disclosure Sthar does give me the heebie jeebies
Found one.
How does it feel to know that you have to cut part of a post out when you reply in order for you response to fit? Does it feel bad? It should.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by Ythan »

But seriously GC did you just pop by to say that?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:23 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

UT fake raging, still scum, need more votes on this please.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:26 pm

Read 89, 92, 111 in

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p5434292

(they flipped scum, obviously, and that's exactly what UT is doing)
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:35 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

do you want me to dig up games with town AND scum raging? see: every fucking game
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I mean, it's absolutely lovely that you're trying to make reads and back them up with reasoning, but that's hilariously and terribly bad
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1052, Ythan wrote:
In post 1045, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1041, Ythan wrote:provide a suitable alternative
In post 1032, Ythan wrote:Full disclosure Sthar does give me the heebie jeebies
Found one.
How does it feel to know that you have to cut part of a post out when you reply in order for you response to fit? Does it feel bad? It should.
Irritated Ythan is irritated.

Your full quotes make the same point, I just cut the fat. Here, look, I'll even use your FULL UNEDITED POSTS and coordinate so that bold phrase corresponds with bold phrase, underlined phrase corresponds with underlined phrase:
In post 1041, Ythan wrote:
Vote obvious scum
provide a suitable alternative
, or eat rope.
In post 1032, Ythan wrote:
Full disclosure Sthar does give me the heebie jeebies
but
we hAVE FORMERFISH TO FRY
I don't even think you understand what I was saying.

My point was, was that you yourself have identified your requested "suitable alternative": sthar. I didn't need to include the parts of your post that were irrelevant to my point.

That said, it looks like you're all grumpy because you thought I was suggesting you were a suitable alternative? I wasn't.

-----
In post 1053, Ythan wrote:But seriously GC did you just pop by to say that?
Yeah it definitely looks like you're getting defensive to the notion that I was suggesting you're a "suitable alternative."
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:37 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

why does green crayons seem so familiar
whew!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:46 pm

It's the particular way he's raging ie he's not actually mad he's just putting on a show of it.

Like in the previous sentence, if he was legit pissed he wouldn't have taken the time to note that I was puttting together reads.

He's trying to appease rather than anything else.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:57 pm

Post by pisskop »

I see snarky arse. a liberation idgara mindset. Can be a very emphatic style of
posting
living and boredom does usually lead to mischief but its also good for a show.

I mean to say that used as an expectation its decent at decieving, but inherently his ability to prod you while laughing isnt scummy. Its wifom. he never claimed to be mad. and if he was irritated hed get proportionatly nastier. or stop posting.

Hell slip up eventually if hes scum. be too busy having funtime. His willingness to push several buttons leans him to the town, imo.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:04 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1061, pisskop wrote:I see snarky arse. a liberation idgara mindset. Can be a very emphatic style of
posting
living and boredom does usually lead to mischief but its also good for a show.

I mean to say that used as an expectation its decent at decieving, but inherently his ability to prod you while laughing isnt scummy. Its wifom. he never claimed to be mad. and if he was irritated hed get proportionatly nastier. or stop posting.

Hell slip up eventually if hes scum. be too busy having funtime. His willingness to push several buttons leans him to the town, imo.
you seem familiar with ut!
whew!
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:13 pm

Post by pisskop »

:mrgreen:

political forums and amateur psychology.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:38 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1060, RadiantCowbells wrote:It's the particular way he's raging ie he's not actually mad he's just putting on a show of it.

Like in the previous sentence, if he was legit pissed he wouldn't have taken the time to note that I was puttting together reads.

ftr I don't think you are crazy

but talk to me about star
whew!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:56 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1060, RadiantCowbells wrote:It's the particular way he's raging ie he's not actually mad he's just putting on a show of it.

I'm not raging. I'm doing this thing, it's called "posting". I'll be doing a lot of it this game.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:56 pm

My opinion on Sthar is my own for the moment.

Ask me about literally anyone else.
I'm not raging. I'm doing this thing, it's called "posting". I'll be doing a lot of it this game.
Cute.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:59 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

your avvy is cute.

I'm sassy
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:07 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

In post 1023, Nikanor wrote:
Zekrom: Please kill Gooner. I have information that says he is scum.
In post 1047, Nikanor wrote:zekrom, please confirm that you'll be shooting gooner tonight.
so you want gooner a goner correct ?

let me iso gooner first please
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:12 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1066, RadiantCowbells wrote:My opinion on Sthar is my own for the moment.

Ask me about literally anyone else.
how about green crayons
whew!
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:52 pm

Post by Marquis »

zekrom what are you even doing you're literally just appeasing everyone who asks you to kill someone for them
link in bio
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:59 pm

I literally don't like any of his votes.

He's not as deserving of a lynch as UT though.
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:12 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

In post 703, Gooner wrote:1. Zekrom's claim makes me not want to lynch him today. I say we give him a night to prove whether he's a one-shot vig or not. Zekrom, use your vig shot tonight. Good targets for vig shots are lurkers.
what do you suggest ?
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:18 pm

Post by sthar8 »

I'm spoilering to make this not eat screen.

Spoiler: @GC
In post 1016, Green Crayons wrote:
(1) Because Elyse's Post 972. In particular, sthar's interaction with mollie strikes me as scum trying to get into the good graces of a player they think will go to bat for them if convinced.
Baaa goes the sheep. Mollie's not going to go to bat for me; there is nothing I could do to assauge her paranoia. As a show of good faith, I've given her my entire game plan this game specifically tailored for her to pick up. Anything else has to come from her. It's adorably annoying of you to add to the ad nauseam of a point that I've already responded to, btw.

In post 1016, Green Crayons wrote:(2) Because sthar's Post 1009 looks like scum trying to push -reasons- to lynch a player other folks have already voiced a willingness to lynch. It looks that way because sthar's reasons are really quite bad (pointed out why below), but he gets the double benefit of looking like he's actively scumhunting (e.g., "look at this effort!") while being able to fall back on the fact that plenty of other players have already also stated Marquis suspicions (e.g., "alas, I, like all those other town, were mistaken").
2. Bullshit. I was talking about marquis while everyone was still townreading her. My whole process is in thread on that one. I think you're confusing 'looks like scumhunting' with 'scumhunting.' And the only hedge I've made on marqius is that my tman case might be more compelling.
In post 1016, Green Crayons wrote:- sthar uses quotes isolated from their context to concoct a scum motivation for their content while ignoring the ongoing discussion to which these posts were responding.
You mean the discussion that I wasn't here for, and asked for help interpreting, and was ignored? Fuck you. If you think I'm wrong and you've got it all figured out, why weren't you trying to help me get it right?

In post 1016, Green Crayons wrote:- sthar mischaracterizes what Marquis's posts are actually about. For example, Post 748 is talking about DeathNote, not Zekrom. And the ambivalent/sure point is based on Post 599, which speaks more to how Marquis feels about Fish than Zekrom.
I didn't mischaracterize shit. You just don't read so good.

748- I may have focused on zek, but what I actually said was that Marquis is probscum for hedging scumreads. IIRC she did it to fish, zek and dn, at least. "This isn't scummy but I'd vote for it anyway" is not a townie thing to say. And saying it to encourage a wagon that you're not on is quite indicative.

599- Bullshit. It's hedgingly supporting fish's scumread of zek. It serves the purpose of pushing the zek wagon indirectly. And why are you explaining interpretations of Marquis' statements to me? Do you think
she
can't adequately do so?

In post 1016, Green Crayons wrote:- sthar thinks that finding fault with believing a vig-night-kill plan can actually survive scum fuckery even though scum are fully aware of what that plan is amounts to scumminess because... unclear.
This is not a coherent thought. You have too many verbs and something appears to be missing. Reformat into something that won't summon an Elder God if I read it aloud and we'll revisit.

In post 1016, Green Crayons wrote:I am apparently unaware of sthar's extensive knowledge of all those times that scum haven't screwed an early-game, out-in-the-open town's night action plan,
FALLACY! FUCK YOU! FALLACY! Do you not know how to construct an argument without appeals to authority and ridicule? Is that what this is? Do you have an actual point or do you just enjoy the taste of your own dick?

In post 1016, Green Crayons wrote:so that expressing doubt as to its success is no longer a "legitimate reason" to not champion such a plan.
Another example of not understanding how arguments work. When someone proposes a plan that you disagree with, the productive thing to do is 1. explain what could go wrong and 2. how that would hurt the town before 3. proposing an alternative so that the town can work toward optimal play. Marquis' #1 was "bad things might happen omg!!1!!!" #2 and #3 were completely nonexistent. Marquis doesn't want to chain the vig, but also doesn't want to give a reason why we shouldn't. Which is indicative of scum.

So the whole point there was that you don't agree with my case, :. I'm scum? Have you never played this game before or are you a retired boxer?
Spoiler: @Elyse
In post 1019, Elyse wrote:
It's still there. Instead of addressing mollie's points, you try to get her off your back by townreading her and saying you are a bad D1 lynch.
WHAT POINTS!!! She wants to lynch me because I've beaten her a couple times as scum. What the fuck am I supposed to say to address that??? And in just a moment, you are going to call me scum for trying to talk mollie off my lynch. Which sounds like defending to me. So I'm scum for defending and scum for not defending. That's nice.
In post 1019, Elyse wrote:I don't get this nor do I understand how LyLo has anything to do with this. You aren't stupid and haven't posted any original content. It's all rehashed filler that everyone generally agrees with. (Your post about Marquis) That is a scumtell.
BULLL shit. Don't BoP me, you're smarter than that. I'm not engaged in this game, I explained why, and I got called a liar. Unless you want to come watch me work, there's nothing else I can do about that. But I am getting into the swing, starting with the case on marquis. A case which has not so far been otherwise presented, and contains no filler. Please support your idiotic assertions.

The LYLO thing: If not posting content is a scumtell, then half the playerlist must be scum. If half the playerlist is scum, we're in LYLO. Just extending out your logic. :P
In post 1019, Elyse wrote: You were like "BRING IT ON" and the minute mollie starts going after you, you're like "your reaction was good though" and you townread her. Yes you are arguing with her but you are trying to calm her down and get off your back.
And here I'm scum for trying to talk mollie down. Mmmkay. And I'm scummy because I think she's town? Go ahead and ask mollie if me townreading her is likely to make her back off. I'll wait. If anything, it's likely to make her scumread me harder because I did that to her as scum twice. But I can't help her pm, and I'm not lying to the town even if it's detrimental to me. Also, have you played with mollie? If you know a better way to determine her alignment than arguing with her, I'm all ears.

In post 1019, Elyse wrote: No they are not. No townie makes fake, forced scumtells.
First, apples and oranges. neutral ≠ scummy, so try again.

Second, of course they do. I'm not this game, but that was basically my whole plan in flitter and it resulted in you townreading me. Why do you not remember that?
In post 1019, Elyse wrote: No it's not
Fine. Show me the points I'm not responding to. Arguing by assertion is just shitty play.

In post 1019, Elyse wrote: and yes it does.
The sky is blue. Don't be an idiot.
In post 1019, Elyse wrote: No are you afraid of me?
Not really, although I don't understand your process which makes me skittish. But mollie is, so it makes sense for her to be pushing me over bare bones stretched meta. What's your excuse?
Spoiler: @mollie
In post 1031, pirate mollie wrote:
@ star

this part confuses me of your post:
(also I totally sent a bitch-pm to desp when he sent me a town role.
okay so you wanted a scum role yeah?
I always want a scum role. You know this.
You can check with him in post. I was kinda hoping to be scum with you.
so did you think i was scum when you subbed in or were you just hoping that I was when you saw the playerlist?
All I had read was the playerlist. I was hoping to be scum, and I was hoping you were scum with me.
Then I realized that ABR wouldn't have replaced out if he were scum.)
but wouldn't you have realised that you weren't scum when you received your role pm? so why would realising that apb would not replace out as scum make you realise that I was not scum?
I realized I wouldn't be scum after I had agreed to play in the game, but before I got my pm. I had missed that EPM was in the game and ABR wouldn't have replaced out if he were scum (in my opinion). Then I got my role pm, and replied to desp. Then I played for a few days and argued with you, and you got all super excited about lynching me. Your response precluded attempting to mislynch me, :. you are town. Does that help?
In post 1049, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 1047, Nikanor wrote:zekrom, please confirm that you'll be shooting gooner tonight.
oh good grief just claim already

you have already put a target on your back if you are right

and why would you not to lynch gooner right now
Because VI
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:46 pm

Post by Marquis »

ok wow

i still don't understand what you guys mean about "chain the vig". this is my opinion regarding zekrom:

1. i still don't know if his claim is true but i'm leaning scum just for behavior alone- people seemed early on all too ok with saying, in general, "he's new so he's probably a town VI or something"

2. if he's really the vig, sure, we can test his claim by agreeing on who he'll aim at tonight. but CAN- as in this is completely unreliable due to too many unknown variables- he aims at a bulletproof/doc'ed target, there's a roleblocker, etc.
2a. zekrom's town targeting scum? what if they have a way to prevent that kill from going through, and what if zekrom loses the 1-shot?
2b. zekrom's town targeting town? we potentially lose an unrevealed town pr (or force them to claim today before night), and if it's just a vt then we're effectively replacing them with zekrom. i would rather risk lynching zekrom than leaving him with a possible kill that would probably hit town-that's-more-valuable-than-him
2c. zekrom's scum? i still think with his erratic behavior (if scum has daytalk which i think is likely) it could be the result of coaching by partners, or just simple trolling and pretending to be newer than he is. also, if this is multiball or there's an extra scum kill, he can just claim the extra kill like what happened in we the purple, and i feel like people would be too eager to believe it.

3. no matter how this goes i do not want ut deciding the vig shot, and how vocal he's been about it annoys me. i don't remember his exact vig pool except suddenly it had me in it, so no.

in short what i've been saying about zekrom is that he's likely still scum, and even if he's town there's a lot more to be lost from the night with little potential gain. i'm not going to use the potential death/forced claim of town (literally ANY TOWN PLAYER is more valuable than him) to secure a chance of "confirming" the scum/completely unhelpful town VI as the 1-shot vig

UNVOTE:
VOTE: zekrom

and i just convinced myself to vote for him again.
link in bio

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”