Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:04 am

Post by Battle Mage »

theres not alot more i can say on this. i dont think Lalm is necessarily scum-certainly not for the reasons some are giving, but if he is, you can be sure as hell he is going to be bussed pretty damn soon. :shock:
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:54 am

Post by ac1983fan »

I'm going to send patrick my role in jsut a moment. I still like my vote.
Not a dayvig.
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:30 am

Post by Jalyn »

Lalmtreasteek wrote:Bump post 679 guys. I don't understand why Skruffs, Jalyn, Fircoal just ignored it.

Rand Althor's last post is exasperating, isn't it clear that the premise of my suggestion was that we couldn't even get the necessary replacements?

Anyway,
unvote, vote: Kison
. He's not really close to being my first choice but definitely better than the other big options myself included.
I ignored it because I think I've sounded preachy enough already. Basically, what you said in 679 is, yes they've posted and obviously know that they are in this game but the quality of the post is not up to my standards so I'd like them killed. You see why that is just as suspicious as leaving out a couple of people?
Lalmtreasteek
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:54 am

Post by Lalmtreasteek »

Not really, it was a pretty easy call to make. Certainly it's less suspicious than arbitrarily protecting my SCUMPALS like Skruffs said despite my explanation. I'd enjoy seeing an analysis of how promising those posts were though.

I guess I'm going to get lynched for the hell of it no matter what I say, just because everyone's as frustrated as I am and I have to remind everyone of past events and the context in which I've said things.

Anyway, in this situation I can see a few upshots to lynching me, so what do you think, is it classier to just stop posting and get lynched?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

for a day that has lasted 29 pages, i would have expected a better result.... :(
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:56 am

Post by Kison »

Lalmtreasteek wrote:
Kison wrote:
Lalmtreasteek wrote:Anyway,
unvote, vote: Kison
. He's not really close to being my first choice but definitely better than the other big options myself included.
1) I make a legit case against you

2) I am hardly your first choice

3) You vote me anyways
Because it seems like more people will vote you than my real first choices like scotmany.
If I'm hardly your first choice then you are uncertain about whether or not I am scum. Therefore, just like your MOD kills, you are wanting to toss the dice and hope to get lucky? Or maybe you're scum and going for the easiest kill in a moment of desperation?
Lalmtreasteek wrote:
OMGUS. Sounds like someone's getting even more impatient...
You're OMGUS, you didn't even mention me until I said I might vote you.
I mentioned you when you brought up your ridiculous plan to kill half the game according to your standards. My vote actually has a basis while yours comes right after I make a case against you. Nice try at flinging the accusation back at me, though.
Lalmtreasteek
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:57 am

Post by Lalmtreasteek »

Kison ARE you the easiest kill?
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:12 am

Post by Jalyn »

Lalmtreasteek wrote:Not really, it was a pretty easy call to make. Certainly it's less suspicious than arbitrarily protecting my SCUMPALS like Skruffs said despite my explanation. I'd enjoy seeing an analysis of how promising those posts were though.

I guess I'm going to get lynched for the hell of it no matter what I say, just because everyone's as frustrated as I am and I have to remind everyone of past events and the context in which I've said things.

Anyway, in this situation I can see a few upshots to lynching me, so what do you think, is it classier to just stop posting and get lynched?
My point is that you can't ask for modkills, well, of anyone, but especially of people that have demonstrated that they are aware that they are in this game - regardless of how useless or scummy you think their posts are, that's what the lynching system is for.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:13 am

Post by Kison »

Lalmtreasteek wrote:Kison ARE you the easiest kill?
You seem to think so.
Lalmtreasteek
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:27 am

Post by Lalmtreasteek »

Well I think your lack of understanding for my position seems deliberate and that is kind of scummy. I'm sure you understand why I need to compromise, it's not just that I'm getting some votes, it's also that we need a huge number of votes to lynch anybody.

If I could get voters for scotmany, Twito, Skruffs, JiveMachine, Dragon Phoenix, that's where I'd be.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:56 am

Post by Skruffs »

scotmany, Twito, Skruffs, JiveMachine, Dragon Phoenix, Rand Althor, Cheesefan, ac1983fan, Zarvok, Mole, Paper, Wizardcat, and Pevergreen.
THat's more than half the game that you want modkilled or lynched.
Now you are realizing that it's dumb to say you want to kill a majority of the game. Because then that majority might decide they want to kill you, too. :P

I have a hard time thinking you are not scum of some sort, but even if you are town, I don't think you are a bad play.
Mod killing is for people who break the rules. People being inactive , while spoiling the spirit of the game - are not breaking the rules.

On the plus side - You really have stimulated discussion - and the prods from the mod are mostly at yoru urging. But there were more efficient ways to do it than to ask for 8 people to be knocked off.
Lalmtreasteek
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:15 am

Post by Lalmtreasteek »

Congrats on my imminent death scum :evil:
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:40 am

Post by Jalyn »

Lalmtreasteek - if you are town, do you see where we're coming from on this? If there are scum on your wagon, you've given them a fairly reasonable reason to vote for you without looking suspicious.

A couple of suggestions for how to handle situations like this, should they arise again:

1. Er, don't ask for modkills. Even if you think that this would be the only way to handle the problem, leave that up to the mod. Something along the lines of "mod, please do something about a, b, c & d they haven't posted since [date]." This way you don't sound bloodthirsty and you aren't trying changing the rules of the game in midstream.

2. When you create a list of players, make it perfectly clear when you type it up what qualified a person to be on that list. (Er. I'm not talking about game strategies, there could be a reason to leave people off a list in actual game context.)
Lalmtreasteek
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:59 am

Post by Lalmtreasteek »

I see some truth to that, but I also urge you all to look at people who are bending over backwards not to see where I'm coming from.

I'm going to go ahead and give up, as I don't see any unvotes coming. Lynching me will let the game move somewhere. I'll go play something else. Also, lynching me will partly confirm Rand Althor since I have the same role he does. I don't know if it's possible that the mod gave scum a copy of that role, I increasingly doubt it.

Most important thing, seriously look at Skruffs tomorrow, and until he's dead, he seems like an agreeable guy but he is scum, don't let him sneak by indefinitely.

My other scum picks are pretty good too, maybe Dragon Phoenix and Kison a little less so, but I would still very gladly take responsibility for those lynches.
confirm vote Kison
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:15 am

Post by Skruffs »

Unvote

You're a criminologist?
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:38 am

Post by Jalyn »

Why would we need two criminologists? Would that mean that there are different sanities? (Note, I really, really hope that the naive criminologist would receive a result of "What?! They're alive!")

unvote
, merely for thinking purposes.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:45 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Gah? Im suddenly drowning in this game...
Rand Althor claimed Criminologist? Why dont i remember that...
and now Lalm is claiming it aswell in some wierd attempt to confirm Rand?
Im VERY confused... :shock:

Also-Skruffs- ARE YOU SERIOUS? You want to lynch him, even though you find it a distinct possibility that he is town?
Im also very wary of Jalyn, who is now trying to be helpful to the person who she also wants to lynch...
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:46 am

Post by Kison »

Lalmtreasteek wrote:I see some truth to that, but I also urge you all to look at people who are bending over backwards not to see where I'm coming from.
"Not see where you're coming from"? Even if I were to think that you stupidly thought, at the TIME you made the suggestion, that your suggestion was in the town's benefit, you have shown absolutely no indication of reluctance to having made that suggestion other than the fact that people are retaliating against you. You still seem to think that your plan would work out, and instead of trying to do what's in the
town
's interest, you are instead trying to cover yourself by fighting back against those who put an end to your rally.
Lalmtreasteek
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:54 am

Post by Lalmtreasteek »

Whatever, I'm just saying that some people are being pretty deliberate in not even trying to understand my explanations for my actions.

I don't know if criminologists can have sanities, but it doesn't seem like a powerful role anyway even if Rand Althor is the one who's naive or something. I have seen lots of games where more than one person dies in the night and I don't think there is so much worry about WHO killed them.

So lynch me, and you get a pretty confirmed player at least.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

hang on a sec, what you are saying now doesnt make sense. If you are a Criminologist, surely that DISPROVES Rands claim, because the odds of multiple Criminologists would be low amirite?
so, if you are a Criminologist, please explain why you didnt counter RA when he first claimed.
BM

Lalmtreasteek wrote:Whatever, I'm just saying that some people are being pretty deliberate in not even trying to understand my explanations for my actions.

I don't know if criminologists can have sanities, but it doesn't seem like a powerful role anyway even if Rand Althor is the one who's naive or something. I have seen lots of games where more than one person dies in the night and I don't think there is so much worry about WHO killed them.

So lynch me, and you get a pretty confirmed player at least.
Lalmtreasteek
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:03 am

Post by Lalmtreasteek »

Well it's like if my role were "panda bear" and then somebody else claims "panda bear." What are the odds there are two panda bears, probably better than the odds that a scum just came up with that role.
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:08 am

Post by Jalyn »

Battle Mage - I'm trying to be helpful to someone new to the site, regardless of his allignment, because he is new to the site and I generally try to be a nice person.

Laltreasteek. I understand what you were suggesting and why. I just think that you were completely wrong and more likely to be scum because of it. I can't speak for everyone, but I would expect that it is the general truth.

I don't know what to think about this claim. I tried going back to check and see if Chibo or Lalmtreasteek breadcrumbed anything like this, but they didn't. Lalmtreasteek - is there anything that you can tell us about your role, WITHOUT QUOTING YOUR PM, that Rand could recognize?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:08 am

Post by Kison »

Lalmtreasteek wrote:Well it's like if my role were "panda bear" and then somebody else claims "panda bear." What are the odds there are two panda bears, probably better than the odds that a scum just came up with that role.
BM : He means that Rand would be confirmed scum, not confirmed town criminologist.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”