Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:42 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Mojo wrote:In this kind of game, I think it's important to establish who are the actual scum, don't you think?
I don't know if that's what you meant with your 'speculating on game mechanics' comment, but that's what I'm trying to do.
I think the scum are the ones who act in a scummy manner. Speculating on the details of what roles scum might or might not have is for later in the game, when we have more information and it seems like it will help us more than the scum. Right now all we're doing is giving the scum more information for fakeclaims and the like.

I don't understand why you're so eager to talk about mechanics. How does that help us right now? Maybe it helps when we're evaluating a claim or something, but right now we have
no reason to speculate
. We're here to figure out who the scum are, not how the set-up works.

The fact that this game has plenty of flavour is no excuse to stop playing
Mafia
. We don't need to know what roles the scum have to figure out who's acting scummy. Right now, that would be you, for having so much interest in finding out about peoples' roles.

Confirm Vote: Mojo
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:47 am

Post by Thesp »

As part of an ongoing review process for Troubleshooter activity, PlaysWithSquirrels has received a vicious reprimand from the Computer requesting his presence in this thread.

Official Vote Count

PlaysWithSquirrels
- 1 (DiamondHawk)
Sarcastro
- 1 (PlaysWithSquirrels)
Mojo
- 1 (Sarcastro)
Stark
- 3 (StevieT92, Cogito Ergo Sum, Mojo)
M4yhem
- 3 (stark, Barromán, Maz Medias)
Cogito Ergo Sum
- 1 (Coron)
dahen
- 1 (M4yhem)

Not Voting
- 1 (dahen)

With 12 surviving, it takes 7 to brainscrub and present for summary execution.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Barromán
Barromán
Townie
Barromán
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by Barrom├â┬ín »

First say that I think that M4yhem could be scum... but I don't like the vote of Maz Medias... I don't know how to say on english... "bandwagon"?? In spanish I could say "
subirse al carro
", translating... "get on the cart". I see you're vote as a "bandwagon", as if you have getted on the cart...

I don't find, Maz Medias, the reasons to vote M4yhem. We are not in the begining of the game... our reasons to vote, must be SOLID. Don't you think?? Can you explain clairly your reasons?

Sorry M4yhem if I ask reasons... but I'm tyred of everyone voting without saying clairly WHY.

Well, it's late, and i'm tyred... Good Nigth!
¡Buenas noches!
Some people say, that diferences are a reason to divide... but look at the rainbow.
Vive el momento presente. (Ch.Lubich)

[img]http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1226/chiquitajotrollsi3.png[/img]
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by M4yhem »

stark wrote:It is most obvious that the pro-computer agents are mafia.

...What? No, seriously, what?
Fos:Stark

stark wrote:But other than that, do we have any information other than the very blatant gang of bandwagoners to go with?
Dahen is scummy.

Barromán, it's okay to ask for reasons. What I meant when I fosed you earlier is that you don't seem to have any opinions of your own. Of course, you are voting for me now, which is a step forward. I guess.
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:32 pm

Post by Maz Medias »

I was actually fairly serious. The :roll: emote has a mystical connection with scummy arrogance. I actually had figures on it at one point - percentage of total :roll:s used was mostly scum, something like high-60's/low-70's.

For REAL.

Besides, it's still Day One. Nobody else has really struck me as scummy - Mojo included.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:03 pm

Post by PlaysWithSquirrels »

Maz Medias wrote:I was actually fairly serious. The :roll: emote has a mystical connection with scummy arrogance. I actually had figures on it at one point - percentage of total :roll:s used was mostly scum, something like high-60's/low-70's.

For REAL.

Besides, it's still Day One. Nobody else has really struck me as scummy - Mojo included.
Maz is right. The rolleyes smiley is scummy. For realz.

How do I say this without it sounding sarcastic? I really think that smiley is scummy.
Oh hai.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:11 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In much more general terms, being condescending tends to be scummy.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:52 am

Post by stark »

M4yhem wrote:
stark wrote:It is most obvious that the pro-computer agents are mafia.

...What? No, seriously, what?
Fos:Stark

stark wrote:But other than that, do we have any information other than the very blatant gang of bandwagoners to go with?
Dahen is scummy.

Barromán, it's okay to ask for reasons. What I meant when I fosed you earlier is that you don't seem to have any opinions of your own. Of course, you are voting for me now, which is a step forward. I guess.

Pfft, come on man. That is a completely unjustified FoS. If you're in a place with evil, wackjob computer, which is going to be the bad people? The ones who support the evil wackjob computer, or the ones who do not?
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:14 am

Post by Coron »

:roll: is not scummy. I've used like 15 in my first 5 posts as town before, so it seems a little silly to me.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:53 am

It varies from player to player, Coron. There are always going to be exceptions to general truths.

Barromán
Barromán
Townie
Barromán
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:18 pm

Post by Barrom├â┬ín »

I think that consider that emoticon a scumish thing, is obviously a scumish accusation... so those who think that :roll: is scummy, they, are scum!
Some people say, that diferences are a reason to divide... but look at the rainbow.

stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:31 pm

Post by stark »

WIFOMASTAH!
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:21 pm

Post by dahen »

Note to all my games:
Sorry for my inactivity during Easter. I will be unavailable for a maximum of 48 more hours. Then I'll promise to catch up.
DiamondHawk
DiamondHawk
Townie
DiamondHawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:46 pm

Post by DiamondHawk »

Mod: Prod on StevieT92?
It's been like a week.

(On roll: I don't think it's too important; I personally use it whenever I see something dumb that I can't be bothered to explicitly criticize. Seems like discussions is slightly derailing, though.)

I think it's too early for more speculation; I already see one or two things that might be giving. Even the most general things like "mafia are pro-computer" or "mafia are anti-computer" or anything about secret societies or mutants make it easier to do a fake-roleclaim.

I'm inclined to defend dahen on attacking Mojo's questions from a while ago; maybe it's eccentric or a way of Paranoiaing the game, but as it was the first set of actual non-random questions and seemed just like random questions, and he pushed someone on not answering, I'd say that that's not enough to implicate Mojo, but not dahen either. I don't trust M4yhem very much because he's suspecting dahen and Barroman, who are both contributing, plus a bit of bad logic / overspeculation, but a whole bunch of other people are doing the same.

(My vote's still on PWS, but it seems he isn't here and that vote isn't doing anything bad, but I'm going to consider
DiamondHawk
DiamondHawk
Townie
DiamondHawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:46 pm

Post by DiamondHawk »

EBWOP (accidentally hit submit instead of preview) - ...changing that in the morning.)
Barromán
Barromán
Townie
Barromán
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:48 pm

Post by Barrom├â┬ín »

stark wrote:WIFOMASTAH!
DiamondHawk wrote:EBWOP
Translatio please!

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:54 am

Barromán wrote:I think that consider that emoticon a scumish thing, is obviously a scumish accusation... so those who think that :roll: is scummy, they, are scum!
You can't mess with statistics, boy.

Also, EBWOP = Edit By Way Of Post.
WIFOM = Wine In Front Of Me

Barromán
Barromán
Townie
Barromán
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:49 am

Post by Barrom├â┬ín »

And ASTAH?

WIFOMASTAH!
Wine In Front Of Me ASTAH??

stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:52 am

Post by stark »

Wine In Front Of Me Master = WIFOMASTAH
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:39 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Rather than lynching people because they use an emoticon, we could simply lynch people (i.e. Mojo) because they are scum. Just a thought.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:28 am

FoS: Sarc

Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:39 pm

Post by Mojo »

DiamondHawk wrote: I'm inclined to defend dahen on attacking Mojo's questions from a while ago; maybe it's eccentric or a way of Paranoiaing the game, but as it was the first set of actual non-random questions and seemed just like random questions...
Why did they look like random (or joke) questions? Just because of the third question (about the hats), or was it something about the way I wrote the post?
[b]BELLADONNA, n.[/b]
In Italian a beautiful lady; in English a deadly poison. A striking example of the essential identity of the two tongues.
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:41 am

Post by StevieT92 »

DiamondHawk wrote:
It's been like a week.

(On roll: I don't think it's too important; I personally use it whenever I see something dumb that I can't be bothered to explicitly criticize. Seems like discussions is slightly derailing, though.)

I think it's too early for more speculation; I already see one or two things that might be giving. Even the most general things like "mafia are pro-computer" or "mafia are anti-computer" or anything about secret societies or mutants make it easier to do a fake-roleclaim.

I'm inclined to defend dahen on attacking Mojo's questions from a while ago; maybe it's eccentric or a way of Paranoiaing the game, but as it was the first set of actual non-random questions and seemed just like random questions, and he pushed someone on not answering, I'd say that that's not enough to implicate Mojo, but not dahen either. I don't trust M4yhem very much because he's suspecting dahen and Barroman, who are both contributing, plus a bit of bad logic / overspeculation, but a whole bunch of other people are doing the same.

(My vote's still on PWS, but it seems he isn't here and that vote isn't doing anything bad, but I'm going to consider
Sorry, I hurt my back like 5 days ago and haven't been near a computer lately. I like the vote of Mayem for the rolleyes, I mean that's at least a little concrete.

unvote, vote: M4yhem
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:42 am

Post by StevieT92 »

DiamondHawk wrote:
It's been like a week.

Sorry, I hurt my back like 5 days ago and haven't been near a computer lately. I like the vote of Mayem for the rolleyes, I mean that's at least a little concrete.

unvote, vote: M4yhem
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:01 pm

Post by M4yhem »

I use all kinds of emoticons in all kinds of games. I'm not really sure what to think about people voting for me on the basis of this so-called tell; it's possible that this game is just really lacking in evidence, or maybe they want to vote for me for some other reason they won't talk about. Noone can seriously consider the use of a smilie as evidence, can they? :0
Anyway,
fos: Maz medias, Stevie, playwithsquirrels and CES
for fuzzy thinking.

Dimondhawk- What's wrong with suspecting dahen and Barromán? Do you consider them above suspicion? How do you know I'm not right about them? Are you protecting them?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”