Mafia 62: Suspicion in Sicily - Game over!

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:30 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Really not liking TS's recent behavior.

vote:TS
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:20 pm

Post by Toaster Strudel »

I believe I am at lynch -2.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Ancalagon
Ancalagon
Goon
Ancalagon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:38 pm

Post by Ancalagon »

That is probably a true statement.

I'm not sure what you're trying to convey, TS.
Wise men make proverbs; fools repeat them.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Eh, if we're that close to a lynch, I I should probably say why I didn't like his last post.
Toaster Strudel wrote:Where my arguments are stretching reason, you can fill in "overwhelming gut feeling."

Isn't his reaction now uber-scummy, too?

To me... he sticks out like a sore thumb in this game. I dunno. Maybe you guys aren't attuned to the things I am attuned to, scumdar-wise.

I suggest that you question the alignment of people that continue to vote for me.

Why? I am sinking my teeth into another player early in the game, and I am not letting go. Right? Two possibilities.

(1) One is that I an scum and I am totally suicidal. For some bizarre reason I want this one player to be lynched. Heck, if I were scum, I'd nightkill him and not try to have him lynched or vigged so hard, and stake my own life, when you get down to it, on him being scum. No matter how many people are voting for me, I still go after this one player non-stop. Does this make sense for scum to do?

(2) Two is that I am Town and I am absolutely and overwhelmingly convinced that scotmany12 is scum.

I think it's pretty obvious which of (1) or (2) it is. So the people that continue to vote for me, like DragonPheonix "I have seen enough" and votes, should be viewed with great suspicion, because that's also very opportunistic voting. Ancalagon should also be viewed with suspicion.
I hate this defense with a passion. "I've been going after one player non-stop, and there's no reason I would do that if I was a scum". Besides the obveous WIFOM factor here, I have seen scum aggresivly go after one player before, fairly often. It's a easy way for scum to avoid giving away their buddies by avoiding commenting on other people, and it's generally a simple way for a scum to look like he's scumhunting without real risk, especally if the person the scum is attacking is not that likely to really get lynched.

I also don't like the little "people who are voting me are suspicious opportuinistics" comment at the end; in fact, that's part of the reason I voted without giving a reason, was to see if I'd get a similar OMGUS type attack.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Third Vote Count of Day Two:

Toaster Strudel - 6 (VitaminR, Ancalagon, AlexPaoletti, hollywoody1221, Dragon Phoenix, Yosarian2)

VitaminR - 1 (~N9V~)
scotmany12 - 1 (Toaster Strudel)
Raffles - 1 (Phoebus)
hollywoody1221 - 1 (Panzerjager)

Not voting - 5 (Raffles, spectrumvoid, Cubsfan4ever, scotmany12, Rand Althor)

With fifteen alive, eight votes will lynch.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:30 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I also notice that her whole attack against scotmany12, that makes her "absolutly and overwhelmingly convinced" that he's scum, is mostly based on scotmany's vote on her. Yes, he thought the early bandwagoning vote you did was scummy; so did a lot of other people. He said he found it suspicious, and then later joined your bandwagon because of it. And you find that suspicious? Weren't you just arguing that day 1 bandwagoning is not scummy?

So yeah, I don't like the hypocracy here. Her attack on scotmany really feels like more of an OMGUS attack, and in general she seems to only attack people who attack her.
hollywoody1221
hollywoody1221
Townie
hollywoody1221
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:31 pm

Post by hollywoody1221 »

So, Raffles, you also don't like that panzerjager thinks I'm scum without providing any reasoning whatsoever? A reason for voting me would have been nice panzerjager, other than trying to continue a potential bandwagon.
You send me to the hospital, and I'll send you to the morgue.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:25 pm

Post by Toaster Strudel »

Ancalagon wrote:That is probably a true statement.

I'm not sure what you're trying to convey, TS.
You'll find out tomorrow that I am a vanilla townie. Not exactly a tragedy.

Still, I don't want to die in vain, so try to get as much info as possible from the people that are on my wagon.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:55 pm

Post by PJ. »

Damnit, Toaster. Why would you claim vanilla? I can think of 2 reason

A: Your Scum.

B: Your Stupid.

Do you know why vanilla townies exist? So that they are nightkilled and are not a huge loss for the town. Not so someone can claim and live. You are now better off dead then alive because you are have not provided anything to the game and are now not going to be nightkilled because you are not only a distraction but are not a power role. I'd much rather you claim scum and then I'd at least think you were ballsy.

Unvote, Vote: TS
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:29 pm

Post by Raffles »

Hmm TS, my gut says otherwise, but your defense is almost taking a piss on this one. I'll have to vote for you for today.

Does anyone think I should hold off my vote until SV catches up and say what she has to say?

Pre-vote: TS
Woof!
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:45 pm

Post by PJ. »

Raffles it doesn't matter. TS condemned herself. Claiming Vanilla is the most anti town thing I think is possible.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:24 am

Post by VitaminR »

I don't entirely follow your logic there, Panzer.
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:49 am

Post by ~N9V~ »

Mmmhmmm, so what are you supoosed to claim? Cop when your just a normal townie. That's even worse. But still, I thought TS would've been a better lynch day one. So,
Unvote, Vote: Toaster Strudel
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:54 am

Post by Raffles »

That's a hammer.
Woof!
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:56 am

Post by ~N9V~ »

Uh-huh. Heh, ---------[] HAMMAH TIME!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:04 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Final Vote Count of Day Two:

Toaster Strudel - 8 (VitaminR, Ancalagon, AlexPaoletti, hollywoody1221, Dragon Phoenix, Yosarian2, Panzerjager, ~N9V~)

scotmany12 - 1 (Toaster Strudel)
Raffles - 1 (Phoebus)

Not voting - 5 (Raffles, spectrumvoid, Cubsfan4ever, scotmany12, Rand Althor)
-------------------------------------------------
Palermo's troubles continue, as the mob justice takes out another good citizen of the town. With this much fear and panic in the air, is it even possible to restore order and save this fair city? TS, at least, is beyond caring about such things. At least he is given a proper burial before you all retire for the night.

Toaster Strudel, Townie, was lynched Day Two.

It is now Night Two; choices are due by the morning of Saturday, April 7th.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:15 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Palermo, Sicily
, February 23 — Another brutal night for the good citizens of Palermo. Multiple deaths took place overnight, although ties to the Mafia have neither been ruled out or decided in each case.

In the first instance,
VitaminR
was found dead in his car, still in his workplace's parking garage, the window broken out and his brains sprayed across the vehicle from a small-caliber weapon at close range. Several other shots to the body ensured that even the massive head wound would not be recoverable under any circumstances.

Then,
Dragon Phoenix
's house was the scene of a three-alarm fire. His body was found in the front room near the door, and it was thought at first that he succumbed to smoke inhalation, until the body was fully examined and found to have a deep puncture wound through the abdomen. More distressing perhaps to police investigations is that his records of gun ownership by the citizens of Palermo were destroyed in the fire, which appears to have been set intentionally. Police suspect arson, subsequent to the murder.

Finally, and most horribly,
Phoebus
's body was found in his car not a mile from the Ospedale Civico Palermo. If only he could have gotten to the hospital in time, his life might have been spared; sadly, neither his driving nor his medical skills availed him this night, and his car was found in the ditch, stalled out. He had apparently died from a shotgun blast to the chest, although he must have driven away from wherever he was shot, as there was little forensic evidence at the crime scene.

VitaminR, Townie, was shot in his car early Night Two.
Dragon Phoenix, Gunsmith, was found dead and burned in his home Night Two.
Phoebus, Doctor, was found dead in his car in a ditch at the end of Night Two.

It is now Day Three; with eleven of you alive, six votes will be enough to lynch.

Note: As this is a Large Normal game, trying to draw too much attention from the flavor in a death scene could be perilous.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:42 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

:(
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:19 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, that sucks.

Looking back, I don't really see any DP post that looks like a breadcrumbed investigative result.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:36 am

Post by Raffles »

What does a gunsmith do?
Woof!
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:52 am

Post by PJ. »

Investigate people with guns..a weak cop.
AlexPaoletti
AlexPaoletti
Townie
AlexPaoletti
Townie
Townie

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:43 am

Post by AlexPaoletti »

Wow.

Where shall we start?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Panzerjager wrote:Investigate people with guns..a weak cop.
Right. Usually mafia, cops, and vigs have guns, so each night the gunsmith looks at someone, sees if they have a gun, and if they do then they're one of those roles.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:12 pm

Post by Raffles »

With you. One of the most hardcore lurkers.

I don't know what it is, but these two are giving me bad vibes.
Alex Paoletti wrote:Hmm all of this talk about lynching lurkers makes me feel like I should be a bit more active

Lynching mole doesn't seem like a great idea to me. True, we will be able to learn by peoples' reactions, but that will be the case in any lynching. Why not then choose someone who we have any bit of suspicion. Unless you're arguing that mole is lurking because he is scum (which does not seem to be the case.. he's apparently a lazy player or something), a lynch of anyone else would tell us the same amount of information, with at least a slightly higher chance of eliminating scum. As far as lynching mole for the sake of convenience, he has been prodded, and if he doesn't respond, he'll just be replaced, right?

As this is my first mafiascum game, I'm very curious to meet mole.. many of you seem to have strong opinions about him I suppose all this argument about lynching lurkers will be moot when he finally says something.

Also, I'll take this time to ask a quick question about the way this works:
Do we know how many scum there are? I may have missed on the wiki or tutourial whether or not there is a universal rule for deciding that.
Alex Paoletti wrote:
Jayln, I have to agree with you in saying that Raffles' logic was faulty. However, I think it is because he misinterpreted what N9V was saying, thinking that N9V was trying to say that it's scummy joining a bandwagon late... that's the way I first interpreted it. I still think N9V sounds scummy, because that is such an odd criteria he uses to make his vote. It sounds to me like he wanted to vote Panzer and made up a random reason to justify it.

Regardless, my vote is sticking with Toaster Strudel, but I would definitely vote ~N9V~ before Raffles.
Jalyn = mole, if I remember rightly. It's probably just my gut, but I do sense cooperation whilst keeping enough distance from each other. As I said it's just a gut feeling, combined with your lurkiness.

Alex, tell me who you find scummy the most.
Woof!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, reading Alex's posts, I can agree with that; he hasn't really contributed much, and basically everyone he did attack turned out to be town.
vote:Alex
, at least as a starting point for the day.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”