Policy Discussion: "Normal"

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:45 am

Post by Patrick »

Yes, that is what I was going to say. Some of the games listed up there by mith have role names, some not. The way I always split themed and normal in my mind is that themed games give everyone a role name so that every player is unique, while in normal games several players can be exactly the same (generic vanilla townie).

I don't mind light flavour in the normal forum, but I think there should be no role names.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:01 am

Post by Patrick »

Mith wrote:If you think the Normal definition should be changed, by all means, say so. But don't claim that the definition is really something else, when it's right there in black and white.
I didn't claim that the definition really is something else. I said that in my mind, that is always how I've made the distinction. And it has worked reliably.

I don't mind if someone wants to add a little flavour to a completely normal setup. If a game has just basic roles "townie" "cop" etc. and has no role names, I don't see how any newbies are going to get confused. And there is no outguessing the mod. One of the games you cited - Futuristic Mafia, is actually just an open setup of 7 townies, 1 cop, 1 doc, 3 scum. Nothing confusing at all. I can't see why that is a concern, but there you go.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:20 am

Post by Patrick »

I suppose it is against the rules strictly, so what I am saying really is the same as what Raffles just said. The having or not having role names distinction might work, in that not having role names takes away many of the problems you cited in your first post (outguessing the mod, confusion for newbies). I think role names should be saved for themed games only.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by Patrick »

Yes, ogre village and early morning mafia are clearly not normals.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”