Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:38 pm

Post by Carmine »

/confirm with voyeuristic intentions
I don't want to be a hair, I want to be a DRAGON!
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:36 am

Post by Carmine »

Sorry, it's been the weekend and I haven't been awake.
Narinian wrote:I have circusmtancial evidence based on last night that Carmine might be a killing party(not 100%, but possible)
I don't know where you pulled this from. As far as I'm aware last night I was enjoying the party like I'd expect any other innocent to be. So, I'm more than a little interested to know why you have circumstantial evidence that may (or may not) incriminate me. I appreciate that you don't want to say more, but you seem to have some doubts over this evidence yourself, and the fact that it's completely wrong... well, a little more elaboration wouldn't go amiss as you've already revealed you've got some sort of information-gathering role.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:52 pm

Post by Carmine »

Well, it sounds to me like Narinian has some sort of information, but without any further details we can't work out what it really means. That said, as he outlined, he'll have more info after tonight, so...

I'm going to take Tam's FOS and make it into a
Vote: Orbiting
. Call it omgus if you will, but I think Tam hit the nail on the head. It looks like you saw a situation in which you could get two people lynched for the price of none.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:56 pm

Post by Carmine »

I was hoping that Narinian would have more to say in particular. Things seem much quieter than you'd expect from the RHPS :)
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:40 pm

Post by Carmine »

I make that 3 votes on FrogGurl, and I'm not going to move yet. Finding everyone suspicious isn't neccessarily suspicious in itself (if you're pro-town, it's likely that you know nothing (or very little) about anyone else, so surely suspecting everyone else is natural?). However, making what I see as extremely flimsy points against everyone in the game, fos'ing everyone in the game and then voting a lurker... it seems a bit strange. I'd find it less strange if you'd concentrated on one case, and voted that way, rather than essentially agreeing with what had been said about everyone thus far.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:16 pm

Post by Carmine »

It's easter and I'm going away until Tuesday morning. I've asked ML to extend the deadline as I think a few people might be away, but if not, good luck. :|
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:02 pm

Post by Carmine »

Hi, back now - hope everyone had a good easter. As I said, I'd be away until now and here I am :P
narinian wrote:Carmine, if you're protown do you have a night action?
A strange way to phrase the question, Narinian. However, no, I have no night actions. I realise this probably puts me further up the suspicion list, but without knowing anything about what you claim to know I can't defend myself. Do you want me to role-claim fully?
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:04 pm

Post by Carmine »

Willows_Weep wrote:Does any one see why I felt the need to document this and ask Narninian about this?
Well yes. But that could have a lot to do with the fact that it's all been pointed at me :P

This whole thing is very confusing, and we've got a deadline and no sign of a replacement for either mikehart or Orbiting as far as I know. I don't know what sort of deadline this will be from the mod either, nor at what time. And I have no idea where to put my vote to its best use. There seem to be problems finding replacements, so
Unvote: Orbiting, vote: Mikehart
'cause I can only think of that.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:09 pm

Post by Carmine »

Wow, I didn't realise we'd started again. Bit of a stroke of luck with mikehart yesterday - time to go back and read who was doing what. I'd've never guessed Brad to be mafia, though.

That message looks like some sort of recruiting cult thing to me, FishBulb. Reminds me of a mini Wacky ran a while back.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #9) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:39 pm

Post by Carmine »

Apologies, I'm in the middle of changing jobs and haven't been able to focus so much. I should be back to a better level of attentiveness now.

When Brad turned out to be mafia, I figured it was more a case of a game construction in which there are limited "obviously evil" roles and so the mod decided to mix it up a little (and give role-claiming bad guys a chance). If the information that Brad had disappeared was indeed in Janet's role-name it would seem to me that he was bad before the game started, ie was a member of the mafia at the break of game. Janet's claimed role-information would strengthen the case
against
him having been recruited, I would have thought. Plus, there wasn't anything about emotion having gained control on the first daybreak post...

I was going to vote for Willows_Weep, because her minute dissections of the film are simply confusing me. Then I thought I might vote for Tam, 'cause she's been encouraging the perpetuation of this confusion ;).
Then
I thought I'd vote for Narinian, 'cause it seemed to me that he was hinting at some sort of useful role yesterday, and he'd be a prime target for recruitment.

However, this caught my eye:
The Mod wrote:for something seemed a little too human about him...
in Brad's lynch info. So, perhaps we're hunting humans?
Vote: PopsicleStix
for that claim, being human and the reasons that DP pointed out (trying to divert the MikeHart lynch onto FrogGurl).
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #10) » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:00 pm

Post by Carmine »

Tam wrote: I just dont see where the recruiting thing is still coming in.
I don't think Brad was recruited. However, this is where the discussion really came from:
The Mod wrote:"Emotion". Mental agitation - an excited state of. It is also an irrational and powerful master. It is obvious as this night is past, it had gained control over some souls.
I don't understand why PopsicleStix just outed himself as the doctor. :(
Unvote: PopsicleStix
in the hope that he can explain his actions a little better.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #11) » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:38 pm

Post by Carmine »

PopsicleStix wrote:Why does no one believe me?
They might if you answered some (or indeed any) of the questions that have been put forward.

I can understand why you claimed Janet when you thought you had some useful information that might help people out.

* Why did you claim to be the doctor when you were at no risk (indeed, were only on one vote I think)?

* As Janet, how exactly do you offer people protection?

* Who did you protect last night (in particular) and on the first night?

Does this make it any clearer?
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:06 pm

Post by Carmine »

PopsicleStix - I outlined some direct questions. Please answer them.

Big enormous huger than huger FOS: PopsicleStix
that will turn into a vote if I don't get some answers soon.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:07 pm

Post by Carmine »

If you don't have your role PM, perhaps you could PM the mod to ask for another copy :P
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:45 am

Post by Carmine »

... was that just the sixth vote, Narinian? Could you not have
waited
until he'd at least tried to answer the questions? I know he had plenty of time, but I don't see that one last chance would have been too much to ask, especially as he'd claimed such an important role :P
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #15) » Sun May 09, 2004 10:04 pm

Post by Carmine »

Um... thanks, Willows.

Strange, I could have sworn I'd posted in this thread. I'm completely baffled by PopsicleStix's claim yesterday, plus his behaviour (although I'm still piqued that he didn't get a chance to answer my questions... perhaps I am too patient). Anyway, I was going to vote for Narinian for tipping that bandwagon before I thought it was reasonable, but instead, I'm going to
Vote: Tam
. There's something about the way you're more chit-chatty off-topic and lacking in your usual clarity in this game that is making my senses tingle.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #16) » Thu May 13, 2004 1:29 am

Post by Carmine »

But precisely the same argument can be applied to your post just there, Fishbulb ;)

Tam, I just guess I'm used to more... clarity from you, somehow. It's more that every time there's some issue to be discussed that can cloud things (cast lists, whatever) or Willows posts something that's confusing, it's seemed that you're there with a post compounding the confusion.

That said, I'm finding the cases outlined against both Fishbulb and Willows Weep pretty compellling too. Sigh.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #17) » Thu May 13, 2004 9:38 pm

Post by Carmine »

Unvote: Tam
. Okay, that'll convince me for the moment.

As to Fishbulb... I think his role-claim is pretty convincing, although obviously (like everyone else) I'm pretty confused as to who the mafia characters actually are (although I don't think any discussions we've had on the subject have gotten us anywhere so far).

So, I think I'm going to
Vote: Willows_Weep
. I agree that it's strange that, having asked for clarification on the Fishbulb vote, she voted straight after Dragon Phoenix without receiving the clarification she'd asked for (and without giving a reason of her own). Plus, she's been confusing me all game. :)
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (isolation #18) » Fri May 14, 2004 3:30 am

Post by Carmine »

If the mafia is the "Transylvanian" mafia, it would imply that Dr. Scott wouldn't be a part of it, given his role in the film, I would have thought.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #19) » Fri May 14, 2004 5:06 am

Post by Carmine »

... I can't understand what you're posting. You're throwing out the idea of a transylvanian mafia, even though that's what the mod said Brad was in? You think that Fishbulb is Doctor Scott, but that he's also mafia, but that there are two extra mafia as well in Riff Raff and Magenta?

Why wouldn't Dr. Scott find Columbia in his hunt? After all, Eddie's dead by the time he gets to the mansion in the film, and Columbia is ravingly upset about it. This could work with a sort of "You find that <x> isn't Eddie, but she tells you that Eddie is dead! You decide to team up and talk out your grief at night." or somesuch :P

Basically, you talk as if you're just throwing out suspicions and thinking out loud, but then use phrasing that makes you seem like you're very certain of something :P
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #20) » Mon May 17, 2004 9:57 pm

Post by Carmine »

Something of a deadlock. I'm far more suspicious of Willows_Weep than Fishbulb, and I don't really want to move my vote.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #21) » Thu May 20, 2004 2:44 am

Post by Carmine »

I think that's a lynch (it wasn't before because Fishbulb's vote wasn't counting)... barring strange mechanics, of course.

So, it's twilight in theory. I was wondering what Willows was so desperate to post.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #22) » Sun May 23, 2004 10:02 pm

Post by Carmine »

I don't really see where you're coming from, Tam. I think it was pretty strange for Narinian to come up with that pseudo-info on day 1 (especially when it was so easily refuted), but I haven't really noticed anything suspicious about his play apart from that... but then that's possibly because he's been agreeing with me (if he has - I haven't checked).

Hrm. HRrrrm. I am guessing at two bad guys left (hopefully not three otherwise we have a Big Problem). At the moment I still have residual suspicion of Tam, but most suspicion focusing on Fishbulb and Dragon Phoenix.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (isolation #23) » Mon May 24, 2004 9:44 pm

Post by Carmine »

Mass claim is alright with me, although it pains me to say it... I'm torn between DP and Fishbulb at the moment, because if we're one wrong lynch from a loss then DP's is quite possibly a ballsy claim to push us into a lynch. That said, if he were lying, then someone else would presumably be Rocky...

If DP and Tam are in it together, I might cry.

I'll kick off, however. I'm a Transylvanian, a plain townie (hence no night action).
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #24) » Thu May 27, 2004 9:38 pm

Post by Carmine »

Gah. So confused.

Tam, what did you mean when you said "I protected you the night she tried to kill you."? I didn't follow that.

I am completely flummoxed. Both the Tam+DP combination
and
Fishbulb seem equally mafia-esque to me :(

So far we have the following claims:

Tam - Meatloaf, doctor - I find it difficult to believe that the role was Meatloaf and not Eddie.
NanooktheWolf - Riff Raff, townie - I find it difficult to believe that a named role is just a townie.
Carmine - Transylvanian, townie
Dragon Phoenix - Rocky, cop - Could just be a ballsy end-game claim.
Fishbulb - Dr. Scott, hunter/mystery - Something doesn't quite add up, plus we don't seem to have an Eddie...
Narninian - ??, role-blocker - Could do with a name

Narninian, could we get a role-name from you? Just so we've got the full spectrum before we have to decide... I think it's a safe assumption that we have two mafia left. Every time I think I'm teetering towards voting for one, I come up with arguments for another.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (isolation #25) » Thu May 27, 2004 11:14 pm

Post by Carmine »

1. doesn't really indicate anything though: he's claimed Doctor Scott. It's just as likely that Dr. Scott is in the game, and nobody's counter-claimed that.

2. True, unless the only cop-type we had was FrogGurl's snoop-type role.

More dilemmas.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (isolation #26) » Fri May 28, 2004 2:21 am

Post by Carmine »

Right, I'm going to wait for Narninian to answer, and then place a vote.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #27) » Mon May 31, 2004 10:33 am

Post by Carmine »

Sorry about the absence - it's been a bank holiday weekend in the UK and I have been getting an awful lot of fresh air.

Vote: Fishbulb
. I am half expecting Tam and Dragon Phoenix to now win as mafia, but I can't stand my own indecision any longer. :P
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (isolation #28) » Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:48 am

Post by Carmine »

No deaths bodes well: all hail to the doctor or blocker or both. I would imagine that there should only be one mafia left, but just in case I think we should be particularly careful with considering a "no lynch".

Claims:
Tam - Meatloaf, doctor
NanooktheWolf - Riff Raff, backup doctor
Carmine - Transylvanian, townie
Dragon Phoenix - Rocky, cop
Narninian - Transylvanian, role-blocker

At the moment I'm most suspicious of Nanook and Narninian. Nanook because "backup doctor" seems like a fairly convenient claim for mafia (and also Nanook's last post seemed to phrase "the town" as an entity not including himself), and Narninian because of a technicality: my role mentioned me and a friend (singular), which I took to mean IndenturedDjinn, also a transylvanian townsperson. It seems strange that you would be another Transylvanian to me. However, it could have been a typo on the mod's part, or it could just be one of those things... I don't really think you've done much in the way of mafia behaviour though.

I'm all for Narninian divulging the information.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (isolation #29) » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:11 pm

Post by Carmine »

Assuming that Dragon Phoenix is who he says he is (and innocent), I'm not a godfather and Tam is the doctor... then I think DP's plan is the best one. Nanook's claim of backup doc is the shakiest out of what we've got.

So, we lynch Nanook. If it's not immediately game over, Narninian blocks DP and Tam protects DP, giving DP the chance to be able to verify Narninian's claim. If we get that far, the only thing I can think of is that it'd be Tam as some kind of godfather that knew there was no doctor (or a more obvious assumption: that I must be a godfather (which I'm not :)).

Vote: NanookTheWolf
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #30) » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:26 am

Post by Carmine »

Tam wrote:Oddly enough, I was thinking it made no sense for Narninian to forget that she was Columbia, but if you think about it, it makes more sense for her power. As opposed to just a normal party-goer, she's *The* Dancer chick....
The fact that she's Columbia makes more sense with the role ability, but I still think it's really weird that he forgot who he was.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (isolation #31) » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:27 am

Post by Carmine »

Hm, gender switching mid-post! How strangely appropriate. :P
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (isolation #32) » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:35 am

Post by Carmine »

Only potential problem is if Narninian's a mafia role-blocker and we get no kill, I guess (i.e. he would give up the opportunity to kill in order to frame me). I hope this lynch wins the game!
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (isolation #33) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:58 am

Post by Carmine »

Phew: that's a relief. Thanks for modding, Jeep and ML, and for an entertaining setup. Well played, scum, 'cause I have never been so indecisive and not knowing what to do in my life. The pressures of a plain townie role :P I was about 75% sure that Tam and DP were in it together, but I just couldn't run with it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”