NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:14 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 1998, Egg wrote: 4n, reads on penguin and Deas
after Roger's replace I decided to give that slot a clean slate and not let my own biases affect it. So far I haven't seen anything scummy from penguin and actually like the tone in her posts.

Deas is :? The whole agreeing with his own scum-meta of "being overexplanatory, dotting-Is-crossing-Ts" and then proceeding to play that way has thrown me through a loop. I can't decide if his content is just pretending to be pro-town or actually town-motivated. Either way I want to see how his play continues.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:22 am

Post by RachMarie »

Sorry guys n gals going VLA for a few days I will be more LA than V and post as much as I can, but with the sinus infection and getting behind on other things I need to take a short break.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:45 am

Post by projectmatt »

I've unfortunately fallen into the trap of losing interest in this game. This explains my complete lack of contribution so far today, but thankfully I've caught up and here are some stray thoughts from my mind as I jumble the stuff together:

Snork is town. I really, really have trouble seeing the scum motivation behind any of his posts in regards to RachMarie.

That being said, I think the way RachMarie reacted strengthens my townread on her too. I can understand how Snork misinterpreted her reasoning but the calm, collective and super sweet to the point of almost being annoying way that she spoke I also see coming from a town who is trying to clear up a misunderstanding.

I tonally penguin_alien a ton, but this should be no surprise considering Mr. Rodgers was also a strong townread.

Townread on DeasVail still maintained.

Aptil
most likely
town for his claim.

Leaving:
TheWayItEnds
AngryPidgeon
Egg
Nero Cain
Yates
PeregrineV
mastin2
SnowStorm
Damon_Gant
4nxi3ty
ThAdmiral

in my pool of "I'm not really sure". That's a far larger list of potential mafia than I would prefer to have in this game.

I do mildly townread SnowStorm, Nero Cain and Damon Gant to a certain extent - but that's hardly enough to really get a good idea of what to do. I'm working on sorting out my own reads and figuring out who to target today.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:43 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 1994, Egg wrote:Someone tell me if Penguin, Deas, and 4n make sense as scum. Those names were NOT chosen randomly
What are you looking to get out of this?

TheWayItEnds, any opinions on people besides RachMarie, who's a) generally an easy target, and b) likely town here? Would also love to hear what you like about the arguments for my being scum. Cheerleading my detractors is a pretty safe position given your own lack of voting me.
In post 1993, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 1990, 4nxi3ty wrote:Snow, what's up with the way you talk to PA and your attacks on AP, I thought you had those slots as town yesterday?
And what happened to your Damonread?
I did have those slots as town, MR/AP especially were one of my strongest town reads on day 1. It was kind of upsetting when AP got in between our interaction because I was trying to read you, whom I've had trouble getting a solid read on since the beginning of the game. I also didn't like the way she did it and the points she raised, which doesn't help me in maintaining that town read. As for PA, his attack on me was really bad and unexpected, I mean, it's not something I would expect from a player like PA as town.

Call it OMGUS, call it whatever you like, but the truth is it is much easier to tell when people are making up bullshit on me than when they do it on others.

As for my Damon scum read, it's not as strong as it was so I'd rather focus my time on other players, like the ones I've been interacting with.
All edginess aside, I really don't get the sense that you're clear on who's who between me and AP. Which, yeah, AP vs. PA is maybe-kinda weird when we're both scum reading you, but you accused me (PA, female) of interfering with your 4nxi3ty reading process (which I still maintain is part of the large game process--what you post is fair game for everyone to comment on, and I wasn't feeding 4nxi3ty answers) and I suspect that your burden of proficiency argument was intended to be used against AP (male).

My continued problem with SnowStorm is that I could vaguely see that if he thought he was being attacked with no arguments, yeah, that's annoying as any alignment. But the tenor of his responses when confronted with actual reasons is denial. Like only cases that he approves of have merit. Which I suspect would number zero.
In post 1969, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 1968, penguin_alien wrote:
In post 1966, AngryPidgeon wrote:Alright PA, lets talk. I know Ive sort of engaged Damon on this point, but why is mastin town for going off the leading wagons but you don't think Snow is? There were like 4-5 people starting 3rd wagons or sitting off the main ones in the first place, so why is mastin town for doing something anti-town and everyone else is meh?
Attitude toward the leading wagons. Mastin took the attitude of not wanting to lynch Luca/talah on principle; I don't see that from SnowStorm.
More like he was hoping to avoid the wagons altogether.
How could you get that from my posts when I strongly pushed for talah's lynch at a point? What do you think about ThAd then, who did avoid the wagons until the end of the day?
The point here is that you *did* scum read a leading wagon, and I'd argue that that scum read was active when the clock was ticking down. Overall supporting wagons on townies and trying to hop off at the end is scummy, while not liking wagons on townies but being willing to commit to a least-bad wagon of the feasible options is good town play. Avoiding the wagons altogether like mastin2 did falls somewhere in the middle for me. Given what I know of mastin's play, it wouldn't be a shocking move for her as town. And I'd actually expect her to want to influence town more than she's doing here if she's scum.

projectmatt, why do you have townleans on Damon_Gant and SnowStorm? The latter's of interest in light of him being my strongest scum read, and the former is of interest with mastin's crusade in that direction, so sorting Damon would be of double help.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:49 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1806, AngryPidgeon wrote:Town: Nero, Peregrine, Anxiety, aptil (pretty town for vig claim)
Probably town, want to talk to them more: Yates, mastin
Town? Possibly stale reads, could be (probably is?) a scum here: Snork, PA, Snowstorm, Damon Gant
Meh: Pmatt, RM
Scummy: TheWayItEnds, Bipolar, ThAdmiral, DV
Switch Anxiety and, well, everyone in the scummy list except TWIE, and you've got a good start. Because the scum list would be empty, bump Damon down for a start. And work from there.
In post 1807, Snork wrote:
In post 1806, AngryPidgeon wrote:Town: Nero, Peregrine,
Anxiety
, aptil (pretty town for vig claim)
Probably town, want to talk to them more: Yates, mastin
Town? Possibly stale reads, could be (probably is?) a scum here: Snork, PA, Snowstorm, Damon Gant
Meh: Pmatt, RM
Scummy: TheWayItEnds, Bipolar, ThAdmiral,
DV
Ok cool. I disagree most with the bolded.
Snork's probably town, though.

How many players started in the game? I'm thinking I need one more in addition to 4nxi3ty, Damon, and TWIE (who is scumposting, by the way).

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe Snowstorm, but not sure 'bout that.

Rach looks super-mega-town, btw.
In post 1899, 4nxi3ty wrote:RAWRs cans I interject this rach detour?
[on snow]
probably
totally bussing. (how do I feign excitement about wagoning a buddy? "Let's Do It")
In post 1886, 4nxi3ty wrote:
vote: SnowStorm

fairly certain snow is attempting to tie himself to me by presenting an intentional wishywashy read;
also wondering if snowstorm is currently bussing thad.
VOTE: 4nxi3ty.

(Yes, I'm a bit behind.)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:58 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1949, Damon_Gant wrote:It
was
vanity, as far as I'm concerned the whole charade of staying off the main wagons was vanity for all those involved, and it's the kind of posturing that I am wary of.
Except I was right:
Both wagons were on town.

Thus, attempting to get a wagon
not
on one of them wasn't vanity; it was sanity.

Snowstorm's posting just looks plain scum, now, btw. TWIE also looks like scum.

Oh, heck with it.

VOTE: Snowstorm.
In post 1994, Egg wrote:Someone tell me if Penguin, Deas, and 4n make sense as scum. Those names were NOT chosen randomly
4nx, yes. PA, doubtful. DV, possible, but not probable.

/largely skimmed, but caught up.
My academy.
Agnigi
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:00 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 1813, 4nxi3ty wrote:Mastin, still waiting for you to further explain your scumread
. . . . (would like to see a thought process instead of just quoting a post and calling it scummy)
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:34 am

Post by mastin2 »

You're scum because you're not posting like town and your mindset is basically highly scum-oriented.
My academy.
Agnigi
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:35 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2007, mastin2 wrote:You're scum because you're not posting like town and your mindset is basically highly scum-oriented.
This is batshit enough to be town for now.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:36 am

Post by mastin2 »

Like hell it is.

I can be plenty town, but that explanation is something that I'd do as either alignment.
My academy.
Agnigi
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:38 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

that's a blanket statement, I could make that statement about anyone. Having a hard time reading you here, so give me some unique insight, like what about you quoted is not townlike or scum-oriented?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:40 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2009, mastin2 wrote:Like hell it is.

I can be plenty town, but that explanation is something that I'd do as either alignment.
Anxiety seems pretty town? I dont see what Im missing here.

you might be right about TWIE though.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:43 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 1988, SnowStorm wrote:ThAd, what's your read on me?
You've done enough to make me suspect you are opportunistic scum, but I haven't completely discounted the possibility that you are misguided town.

Something penguin alien said that struck a chord was that you tend to respond to arguments against you with denial, and I don't like that.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:49 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 2008, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 2007, mastin2 wrote:You're scum because you're not posting like town and your mindset is basically highly scum-oriented.
This is exactly what mastin did last time I ran into scum-her, called people scum because they were scum, or scum because they weren't town. :igmeou:
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:54 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2013, penguin_alien wrote:
In post 2008, AngryPidgeon wrote:
This is exactly what mastin did last time I ran into scum-her, called people scum because they were scum, or scum because they weren't town. :igmeou:
What?
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by projectmatt »

V/A until Monday

Sorry, surprise trip to Indiana
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by projectmatt »

V/LA**
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:53 pm

Post by Yates »

Finally something worth discussing!
What am I looking for here? That mastin ISO looked like stream of consciousness drivel. Looks pretty different from this game but mastin hasn't been posting here so I suppose there's still time... Anyway, are you calling mastin scum or just noting a pattern? You pretty much nailed her from the word go in that one so color me intrigued.

I'm also interested in the TWIE reads. Something isn't right there. And it's been both players in that slot.

PE: I read that as surprise trip to India at first - lol
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:17 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

I was more on guard there because mastin had just rolled me in Anything Goes, and she started doing her usual 'scum read PA' thing in the Micro game, except her reasons were flimsier than usual--she said I was scum because I was scum, pretty much a direct quote. When pressed, she kept repeating that it was obvious but wouldn't explain. It's part of what I've observed from scum-mastin, a tendency to try to dictate opinion without backing it up at all. I don't see that tendency to roll over the group yet, but the assertions without any discernable logic makes me wary.

I agree that TWIE is fishy, but I'm probably biased by the whole 'scum reading my slot without giving reasons' thing...oh, wait...
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1984, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 1970, Nero Cain wrote:I'm kinda worried about you and thinkin' maybe I was wrong. I don't really didn't like your 1924 'cause instead of just asking why I had a town read on Rach you attempted to make me look scummy an undermine my derail of the Rach lynch and that doesn't look real townie too me. I also feel like it was super obvious that that I was town reading her today and I can't understand why you'd think my comments YESTERDAY had anything to do with TODAY. This seems deceitful. Like any scumtell, its not 100% but you shadowing Snork on his reasoning for a Rach lynch is iffy.
I don't really care if you don't like my 1924. I was pointing out what looked like a glaring change of heart with little to no explanation. Hell yes I'm trying to undermine your derail of the rach lynch because I think she is scum and I want her lynched.
If you think changes of heart with no explanation is scummy then why are you not suspicious of Snork who pretty much did a hard reset for little to no reason? I also (surprisingly!) agree with AP who first brought this up.
I completely disagree that it was super obvious that you were reading rach town today. You mentioned her here:
In post 1876, Nero Cain wrote:Yea,
Rach is clean 'cause
AP is
scum
dirty. Snork's reasoning for voting Rach seems legit and AP fighting that is p derpy. Might switch my vote to AP. An AP-PA scum team makes sense too!!!
and here:
In post 1881, Nero Cain wrote:
I DO have a town read
on Rach regardless of how terrible she is.
I don't remember you referring to her
at all
other than that today, although if you did please point it out to me. Why would I assume your stance has changed from one day to the next when you didn't say anything about your stance changing??
Are you like being dense here or are you just scum? In those same posts you quoted today it shows me town reading Rach. Are you really getting fussy about me changing my stance without using the words "I've changed my stance" And yet you also quoted my posts from yesterday wich shows me scum reading her and my posts from today that show me town reading her but you say it wasn't obvious? Come on man, this is starting to look like some fake derp.
In post 1985, ThAdmiral wrote: If I'm interpreting correctly if snork and I hadn't attacked rach you would still be reading her as scum?
yes but you'll need to explain what that has to do with anything.

In post 2003, penguin_alien wrote:What are you looking to get out of this?
you worried?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1984, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 1970, Nero Cain wrote:I'm kinda worried about you and thinkin' maybe I was wrong. I don't really didn't like your 1924 'cause instead of just asking why I had a town read on Rach you attempted to make me look scummy an undermine my derail of the Rach lynch and that doesn't look real townie too me. I also feel like it was super obvious that that I was town reading her today and I can't understand why you'd think my comments YESTERDAY had anything to do with TODAY. This seems deceitful. Like any scumtell, its not 100% but you shadowing Snork on his reasoning for a Rach lynch is iffy.
I don't really care if you don't like my 1924. I was pointing out what looked like a glaring change of heart with little to no explanation. Hell yes I'm trying to undermine your derail of the rach lynch because I think she is scum and I want her lynched.
If you think changes of heart with no explanation is scummy then why are you not suspicious of Snork who pretty much did a hard reset for little to no reason? I also (surprisingly!) agree with AP who first brought this up.
I completely disagree that it was super obvious that you were reading rach town today. You mentioned her here:
In post 1876, Nero Cain wrote:Yea,
Rach is clean 'cause
AP is
scum
dirty. Snork's reasoning for voting Rach seems legit and AP fighting that is p derpy. Might switch my vote to AP. An AP-PA scum team makes sense too!!!
and here:
In post 1881, Nero Cain wrote:
I DO have a town read
on Rach regardless of how terrible she is.
I don't remember you referring to her
at all
other than that today, although if you did please point it out to me. Why would I assume your stance has changed from one day to the next when you didn't say anything about your stance changing??
Are you like being dense here or are you just scum? In those same posts you quoted today it shows me town reading Rach. Are you really getting fussy about me changing my stance without using the words "I've changed my stance" And yet you also quoted my posts from yesterday wich shows me scum reading her and my posts from today that show me town reading her but you say it wasn't obvious? Come on man, this is starting to look like some fake derp.
In post 1985, ThAdmiral wrote: If I'm interpreting correctly if snork and I hadn't attacked rach you would still be reading her as scum?
yes but you'll need to explain what that has to do with anything.

In post 2003, penguin_alien wrote:What are you looking to get out of this?
you worried?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I also don't find TWIE to be scummy.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

PA, gun to your head-read on Mastin.

Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:54 pm

Post by Snork »

Nero - the only reason you are townreading Rach is because I'm scumreading her?

But you don't even know my alignment? Neither of us have flipped... why aren't you basing your reads on what people have done? You saw how well association reads worked yesterday....

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”