NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:08 pm

Post by Snork »

In post 2215, Nero Cain wrote:hows that catchup going?
How did it quote the wrong thing.... :oops: I'm really tired. This is what I was responding too.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:13 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 2246, mastin2 wrote:
In post 2155, 4nxi3ty wrote:btw, so you know, I think your hops on luca, rach, and snowstorm are
interesting
along with mastin's scumread of you.
Define interesting.
felt the reasoning for those votes were fairly weak and wanted to poke him on it and maybe get a reaction from him on you.

Why do you present me as some superscumread but end up voting/wagoning others?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2251, 4nxi3ty wrote:Why do you present me as some superscumread but end up voting/wagoning others?
Because you're a scumread but not a superscumread and the strength of my read wavers from post to post?
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:31 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 2174, Nero Cain wrote:So Thad, if a case was being pushed on me for something that I didn't do you'd think I was scummy right?
If I had a fairly strong existing scumread on you it wouldn't automatically make me start reading you as town.
In post 2207, SnowStorm wrote:I also find it hard to believe that someone like ThAd, who has a join date from 2006 and who does appear experienced would let himself get blinded by bad play.
Does bad play = scum? Clearly not because if it did we'd all be voting rach.
Anyway I wasn't blinded by shit, you just don't understand how I work. My mind is like a fucking laser.
In post 2216, RachMarie wrote:Ok Nero I can see it,

VOTE: Thad
What a fucking surprise. No reasoning provided of course.

unofficial vote count:

SnowStorm [3 votes] (penguin_alien, Angry Pidgeon, Damon_Gant)
ThAdmiral [3 votes] (SnowStorm, aptil, RachMarie)
TheWayItEnds [3 votes] (Nero Cain, DeasVail, Mastin2)
RachMarie [2 votes] (Snork, ThAdmiral)
4nxi3ty [2 votes] (PeregrineV, Egg)
AngryPidgeon [1 vote] (TheWayItEnds)
mastin2 [1 vote] (Yates)

2 players are not voting: {projectmatt, 4nxi3ty}
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:27 pm

Post by Plessiez »

It's day 2. Deadline for the day is 13th April, 15:45. That's (expired on 2014-04-13 15:45:32).

Vote Count 2.8
SnowStorm [3 votes] (penguin_alien, Angry Pidgeon, Damon_Gant)
ThAdmiral [3 votes] (SnowStorm, aptil, RachMarie)
TheWayItEnds [3 votes] (Nero Cain, DeasVail, mastin2)
RachMarie [2 votes] (Snork, ThAdmiral)
4nxi3ty [2 votes] (PeregrineV, Egg)
AngryPidgeon [1 vote] (TheWayItEnds)
mastin2 [1 vote] (Yates)

2 players are not voting
: {4nxi3ty, projectmatt}

With
players alive it takes
votes to lynch somebody or to go to night.

Activity
penguin_alien is V/LA until April 10th.
Yates is V/LA.
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:47 pm

Post by Damon_Gant »

In post 2163, TheWayItEnds wrote:
In post 2157, Damon_Gant wrote:
TWIE
: I could not get a read off pisskop for the life of me - but he made me feel uneasy. TWIE also makes me feel very uneasy for similar reasons.
This excess of sarcasm.
His last post, #2117 is horrible - and perhaps the one post of TWIE's I can point to and say that it's definitely indicative of scum.
leaning scum

I would just stop reading my posts then because I'm serving up an all you can eat sarcasm buffet.
That you certainly are. While I acknowledge that it's undoubtedly a part of the way you post, it's your distinct unhelpfulness that has bothered me of late. I completely understand why there's a wagon on you.

Here's some updated reads based on my latest ISO trawls:
Nero: Reading his Day 2 play in ISO I quite like it actually - it's less tunnelly and feels like he's making an effort to move the game along. I don't agree with many of his reads but it feels like he believes in them.
leaning town

Yates: Meh, still hard to get a read on this. His posts can be quite contentless at times - but I've seen that throughout his meta. Seems very keen to push against the tiniest blemishes to his name. Really not sure.
null

At this stage I think that I could be interested in lynches of SnowStorm, TWIE, or 4nx. I also have slight scumreads on mastin and Rach as mentioned earlier but they're in the second tier of my list and I think would be less beneficial to the town to lynch right now.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
SiX
SiX
Goon
SiX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:15 am

Post by SiX »

Just arrived at the battlefield, no reads or anything.
UNVOTE:
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:12 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 2189, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 2168, Nero Cain wrote:As for PA her taunting me to "be more convincing" doesn't seem all that town to me and I'm a tad bit worried that she doesn't have a scum read on me when she always does as town.
Curious, what games have you been in with her?
FEA Large Theme, NY 164, Open 505, WWE Large Theme, 2.5 Friends Large Theme, Mainstream Large Theme, all as solo-me. I think we overlapped in Empking's Large Theme LOTR, NY 161 maybe? Might be others I don't recall.
In post 2190, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 2175, penguin_alien wrote:Nero, you're going to have to keep scum reading me, because I'm actually town reading you here.
Uhhhhhh. Are you being cheeky scum, PA?
Uhhhhhh. Flippant town, but YMMV between flippant and cheeky. And people wonder why I don't say what I think more often. Seriously though, you'll have to assess whether you think I'm being amused at a situation that keeps recurring in games with Nero Cain or I'm going for a 'devil may care' attitude to hide my inherent scum sympathies.
In post 2243, mastin2 wrote:
In post 2013, penguin_alien wrote:This is exactly what mastin did last time I ran into scum-her, called people scum because they were scum, or scum because they weren't town. :igmeou:
And I insisted back then that it wasn't a scumtell, didn't I? :P Like I said, it's actually something that I copied from my town meta. Like this game. The NORM is for me-as-scum to have ease explaining the read, and as town to have trouble with it. The EXCEPTION is for me-as-town to have ease explaining the read and as scum have trouble with it.
...but you were scum. Does not compute.
In post 2244, mastin2 wrote:This is the first thing about PA that has me concerned, since she knows that while I'm not going to never-bus, I have a strong distaste for it; casually hopping onto a scumbuddy isn't exactly my thing.
Again, appealing to self-aware meta. So not comfortable with this posting.
In post 2245, mastin2 wrote:Why is it that for two days in a row, I've thought both lead wagons sucked?
I'd take this more seriously if you weren't on said lead wagon at the time you pulled the quote.

There's other stuff here I'll think about when thinking's easier. Still not seeing any particular reason not to lynch SnowStorm. Would lynch mastin I think. Not sure about TWIE. AP, I assume you'll be commenting, but I want to know where you stand on mastin now, given that you were kind of willing to lynch her before her catch-up posts.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:25 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Busy at work today, be on in a bit.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:36 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2257, penguin_alien wrote:...but you were scum.
...So? Doesn't change the statement being true.
In post 2244, mastin2 wrote:This is the first thing about PA that has me concerned, since she knows that while I'm not going to never-bus, I have a strong distaste for it; casually hopping onto a scumbuddy isn't exactly my thing.
Again, appealing to self-aware meta. So not comfortable with this posting.
And concern grows, since my posting clearly wasn't appealing to self-meta; it was explaining perspective. (Short on time atm, but basically, not used as defense, used as offense, with PA's lack of regard for something she knows is a trait of mine being concerning.)
I'd take this more seriously if you weren't on said lead wagon at the time you pulled the quote.
I'm not on it anymore, though.

/also busy.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:39 am

Post by Snork »

k. I'm ignoring pa, ignoring mastin. I like the snowstorm lynch but feel there's an odd amount of momentum there.

Someone talk to me about TWIE and AP please.... ? I asked for people's reasoning on why they were scumreading AP and no one answered.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:19 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2244, mastin2 wrote:Because people were too absorbed in TownvTown fighting? The whole Rach debate with Nero, AP, ThAd, Snork and such was at about that time; they were too focused on each other to see the actual scum.
Which is TWIE? Why does it take you so long to end up over here then?
In post 2244, mastin2 wrote:This is a fairly good towntell for her?
Uhhh, what would you expect scum PA to do different. Cause not-scumhunting is a pretty shitty towntell.
In post 2246, mastin2 wrote:Damon might actually be town. I like more of his reads than I don't.
Uhhh, You just posted this about DV. Except their reads aren't THAT in sync and I dislike your lack of attention to detail in general here. Your hop off of snow is weird and Im not buying that you 'forgot' why he was scummy.
In post 2246, mastin2 wrote:...I'm feeling a deep disconnect with the game. Not The Fall levels of bad, not even close, but...loosely akin to that? Like...there's the feeling I can do good, but...that I'm not able to do it, if that makes sense.
Really, you are going to bring that game up? Ya you were town in it. But you still were different there than you were here, motivation aside. You feel like you are coasting here.
In post 2257, penguin_alien wrote:FEA Large Theme, NY 164, Open 505, WWE Large Theme, 2.5 Friends Large Theme, Mainstream Large Theme, all as solo-me. I think we overlapped in Empking's Large Theme LOTR, NY 161 maybe? Might be others I don't recall.
Noted. Hopefully I'll find motivation to skim one or some of these, but not right now. Oh right I forgot you were both in Posh Mafia, *shudder*.
In post 2257, penguin_alien wrote:Again, appealing to self-aware meta. So not comfortable with this posting.
This is about as null as null tells go for mastin :?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2257, penguin_alien wrote:There's other stuff here I'll think about when thinking's easier. Still not seeing any particular reason not to lynch SnowStorm. Would lynch mastin I think. Not sure about TWIE. AP, I assume you'll be commenting, but I want to know where you stand on mastin now, given that you were kind of willing to lynch her before her catch-up posts.
I dont see how anyone is townreading Snowstorm at all and didn't like mastin's vote flop over to TWIE and waffle on SS.

So, still want to lynch snowstorm but would entertain mastin lynch. Im not seeing any strong town-mastin indicators. Mastin brings up Mini 1521 where I mis-lynched mastin whilst saying that, but I dunno. I reallly don't see anything that looks all that town from mastin and that is worrisome. Bringing up The Fall could easily be a way to get PV and me to not vote her over her extreme lack of presence this game. I want to say the lack of zeal is a straight up scumtell, but I cant. I think mastins post look a little shallow.

Might sheep Yates if it comes down to it, but going to hope for Snowstorm support for now.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ugh TWIE is still scummy though. Just I can't trust people to lynch mastin without me. Dunno.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Nero, what do you think about mastin?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:01 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Under 4 Days to deadline btw.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by Snork »

Fucking hell.

DV gimme your reads
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:58 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Wow Thad did you completely MISS all the stuffs I posted?

That being said, I am quite willing to move over to another scumspect Way, again to prevent a NL situation.

Way to misrep, dude.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:54 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Snork, I haven't played a lot with AP, so my read on him is really uncertain. I'd still put him in the scumgroup but I think I'd prefer TWIE, and I've said most of what I wanted to say about AP.

Also, my reads are the same as they were in my last relevant post except with Yates, ThAd and SnowStorm (and possibly 4nxi3ty) forming a 'slight scum' group above the other scumreads (as in they are weaker scum than TWIE, AP, Gant)

I am not strongly townreading Snow by any means, but I found his reaction posts town enough to not be interested in lynching him today. One of the big recent things about TWIE for me is that I found the sarcasm of his posts over-the-top and likely scum trying to fabricate a town attitude rather than a natural town reaction. There were other things about TWIE that I may explain later on ISO too, but I'm not up to it right now.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Despite the fact that my vote is on TWIE, I'm actually quite conflicted. Unlike you, I actually think his kinda snarky attitude made him look a lil' town. Its maybe null 'cause I've seen it from both alignments. So *shrugz*

but SRS question, how do you tell the difference between town attitude and scum faking a town attitude?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2264, AngryPidgeon wrote:Nero, what do you think about mastin?
might be scum. If Mastin flips scum is PA scum?
In post 2260, Snork wrote:k. I'm ignoring pa, ignoring mastin.
Why?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 2267, RachMarie wrote:Wow Thad did you completely MISS all the stuffs I posted?

That being said, I am quite willing to move over to another scumspect Way, again to prevent a NL situation.

Way to misrep, dude.
Bullshit. This is "all the stuffs":
In post 2169, RachMarie wrote:Not feeling a strong towny vibe from Thad either this does not feel like his game in other games we have been in together.
In post 2169, RachMarie wrote:I will say that where Thad and Snow are, are great places for a scum vote, not starting the wagon, not being the hammer but somewhere close to the end.
Now go ahead and manufacture some reasons retroactively about what you saw between the following two posts:
In post 2212, RachMarie wrote:need to look at him closer and I just might, he fits in the place where scum might be, though I am still not convinced that Way is town.
In post 2216, RachMarie wrote:Ok Nero I can see it,

VOTE: Thad
I mean if you "saw it", which you clearly did I'm sure, then you'll have no trouble explaining it.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Thad, Rach isn't happening today so who else do you want dead and why?

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:33 pm

Post by RachMarie »

what about the VCA I did? On both wagons and on those on neither wagon, you seemed to have forgotten that Thad
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2246, mastin2 wrote:If this is still valid, Nero (tell me if it's not), then I'll give it a more detailed look later. I might be in the mood to just sheep someone and you're a better bet than most.
pretty much.

I also can't decide if I like TWIE or not. A Thad lynch would be excellent.

Talk to me about my reads.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”