NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2350 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:27 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2341, Nero Cain wrote:
Why wouldn't you leave your vote on me. I'd have more votes than twie if you did.

Oh because you're hedging your bets. Got it.
ummmm....in a bout of doubt/passion I wanted TWIE death 'cause I really don't think ISOing yourself is a townie thing to do and that slight hesitation.
so, here is where you have a TWIE read.
It's from responding to a semi-quote of ThAd's.
In post 2296, ThAdmiral wrote:Yeah I can see you're voting someone else. Why? You're telling people to vote me. You've clearly "pegged" me as scum. Why wouldn't you leave your vote on me. I'd have more votes than twie if you did.

Oh because you're hedging your bets. Got it.
So, already I'm like wtf Nero? Selective quoting?

So, then, you are saying you would vote TWIE because you "don't think ISOing youself is a townie thing to do and that slight hesitation."

How could I have missed that among your huge ThAdscum post accompanied by a vote OFF TWIE onto ThAd?

But, thanks. I expect your vote in the next real day or two.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2351 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

lol @ PV trying to get me to vote TWIE.

What do you think of Thad avoiding the whole day phase, PV?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2352 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:32 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2348, Nero Cain wrote:So....what do you think of Thad ignoring the whole day phase?
He posted pretty soon after day started, and continued his day1 Aptil push based on his day1 case.

With Aptil's claim, he then voted Rach. I think he was then attacked for voting Rach, and defended the fact that his vote was good. He has about 31 posts today, which is probably more than me, so not sure why you think he's ignoring anything.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2353 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:32 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2351, Nero Cain wrote:lol @ PV trying to get me to vote TWIE.

What do you think of Thad avoiding the whole day phase, PV?
I don't see how he avoided day2 at all. Why do you think that?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2354 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:33 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2351, Nero Cain wrote:lol @ PV trying to get me to vote TWIE.
Crazy, right?
In post 2236, Nero Cain wrote:
vote: TWIE
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2355 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2352, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 2348, Nero Cain wrote:So....what do you think of Thad ignoring the whole day phase?
He posted pretty soon after day started, and continued his day1 Aptil push based on his day1 case.

With Aptil's claim, he then voted Rach. I think he was then attacked for voting Rach, and defended the fact that his vote was good. He has about 31 posts today, which is probably more than me, so not sure why you think he's ignoring anything.
If someone read Thad's day 2 ISO they'd think the only two things that happened today were the Aptil claim and Rach and well there's been a lot more than that going on.
In post 2349, Snork wrote:Nero, what happened to your read on the MR/pa slot? You may have posted it but I don't remember.
I think I have too many scumreads. I still don't really think eithers play was real townie but there's so many others that I find scummy as well so...idk.

Why am I "town by extension"?
I had asked you earlier, what points about MR did you like?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2356 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:38 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2318, 4nxi3ty wrote:
In post 695, projectmatt wrote:Yate's analysis is so completely fake and devoid of substance that it hurts.
In post 2002, projectmatt wrote: Leaving:
Yates

in my pool of "I'm not really sure".
:?

Vote: projectmatt
I feel like you just went through my ISO in an attempt to find something you could stretch into an excuse to vote me considering those two posts are extremely far apart. I mentioned once in my ISO that I was moving on from Yates to focus on other reads but essentially my Yates read kind of flickered out and died as he posted further - partly out of laziness.
In post 2287, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 2275, projectmatt wrote:I feel as though he's been
uncharacteristically
uptight
Are you familiar with my play at all? I wouldn't use uptight to describe me except maybe my Talah tunnel.
I've played a few games with you, yes. I wouldn't use you uptight to describe you either which is why I dislike the fact that you're tonally different.
In post 2291, AngryPidgeon wrote:The scummy thing about Matt is he isn't doing anything to make enemies. He has given no scum reads at all but throws a few strong town reads out.
That doesn't fit the picture of a lurker who lost interest.

That looks like scum trying really hard to be on everyone s good side with minimal input.

And he out of the blue conjures a singular scum read for zero logical reason up after getting called scummy for not having any. It's looks like active lurking.
Yeah, it doesn't. I haven't lost interest in the game, nor have I stopped reading the game - rather, I generally find it easier to get townreads than scumreads and I also have been forced to lurk due to an unexpected amount of personal business. This might be a bad combination, I suppose.

This being said though, would you mind explaining again why SnowStorm is your current lynch of choice?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2357 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:39 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2355, Nero Cain wrote:If someone read Thad's day 2 ISO they'd think the only two things that happened today were the Aptil claim and Rach and well there's been a lot more than that going on.
Maybe. But a lot was Rach-centric and dealing with replacements. What do you think are today's highlights?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2358 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:43 am

Post by Plessiez »

It's day 2. Deadline for the day is 13th April, 15:45. That's (expired on 2014-04-13 15:45:32).

Vote Count 2.10
ThAdmiral [4 votes] (SnowStorm, RachMarie, Egg, Nero Cain)
TheWayItEnds [3 votes] (DeasVail, mastin2, PeregrineV)
SnowStorm [3 votes] (penguin_alien, Angry Pidgeon, Damon_Gant)
Nero Cain [2 votes] (ThAdmiral, SiX)
AngryPidgeon [1 vote] (TheWayItEnds)
mastin2 [1 vote] (Yates)
projectmatt [1 vote] (4nxi3ty)

2 playes are not voting
: {projectmatt, Snork}

With
players alive it takes
votes to lynch somebody or to go to night.

Activity
penguin_alien is V/LA until April 10th.
Yates is V/LA.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2359 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:45 am

Post by Snork »

You had pointed out the way he'd asked talah about mastin, which I didn't really get at the time I read it but based on the way he was talking to other people it didn't really seem congruent. And also the point about how he was backtracking his reasoning. Later he got kind of crazy and his responses to you seemed really.. not like exasperated town but like someone run out of answers. Add that pa hasn't really made me feel particularly good about the slot I went back and looked at MR albeit more generally due to the post count.

Town by extension.. eh I dunno. Kinda not the wording I wanted; applies more to RM but makes sense in my head to have you there too.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2360 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:53 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2285, AngryPidgeon wrote:This really isn't Egg from Hard boiled...at all.
Don't see how it isn't. Other than one or two pings, really looks like it's the same.
In post 2286, Egg wrote:Mastin, if what you are seeing is just my tone or the way I phrase things, that's personality/playstyle. I don't buy that you are using it as a legitimate reason to read me.
Your posting looks the same. I dunno
why
it does, it just does. (You'd probably be town anyway, though, since a scum you has no reason to cast doubt on a townread in this way.)

[quote="In post 2288, Nero Cain"Why is Thad town, Mastin?[/quote] Because while I disagree with both his reads and reasoning, I can see why he has both. Basically, his posting not only is easy to follow, but ridiculously genuine. There's no fakery. No artificialness. Just simple townposting. Wrongtown, yes. Still town, though.
In post 2291, AngryPidgeon wrote:The scummy thing about Matt is he isn't doing anything to make enemies. He has given no scum reads at all but throws a few strong town reads out. That doesn't fit the picture of a lurker who lost interest.

That looks like scum trying really hard to be on everyone s good side with minimal input.

And he out of the blue conjures a singular scum read for zero logical reason up after getting called scummy for not having any. It's looks like active lurking.
Eh, kinda sorta.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2361 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:54 am

Post by mastin2 »

Derp.
Mod: Tag needs fixing.
My academy.
Agnigi
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2362 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Pv, You're right that both the Aptil claim and Rach stuff has been a big part of the day, recently though there's been a lot of Mastin talk, a lot of TWIE talk. More recently there's been a lot of EGG and pmatt convo. I can't, for the life of me, understand how you can think he's NOT ignoring the day phase when (sans Aptil's claim) his play and posts have been "Rach is scum/you guys have no case on me." rinse and repeat. I know he brought up the "but you tunneled on MR on day 1!" but A) he's not Nero and B) I did far more than tunnel on MR

Thads not really the kind of guy that strikes me as to have to prod for content.

So why shouldn't you be lynched when Thad flips scum?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2363 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Pv, You're right that both the Aptil claim and Rach stuff has been a big part of the day, recently though there's been a lot of Mastin talk, a lot of TWIE talk. More recently there's been a lot of EGG and pmatt convo. I can't, for the life of me, understand how you can think he's NOT ignoring the day phase when (sans Aptil's claim) his play and posts have been "Rach is scum/you guys have no case on me." rinse and repeat. I know he brought up the "but you tunneled on MR on day 1!" but A) he's not Nero and B) I did far more than tunnel on MR

Thads not really the kind of guy that strikes me as to have to prod for content.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2364 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:59 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Yates, where are you? Talk to me about your thoughts on current events please. I don't think mastin is a good lynch today. Where do you stand on Thad?

@Matt: I may go summarize that in a bit, but Ive talked about Snow quite a bit Today.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2365 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:00 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2308, 4nxi3ty wrote:the way you talk about me paints a different picture
Not so much my strength of read on you as my strength of read on others, kinda sorta.
In post 2317, SnowStorm wrote:If anyone has a problem with this lynch, explain why, because I haven't seen a single good reason to believe that ThAd is town.
Everything about him is ridiculously town, even if not sheeping-town. Look at his posts from his perspective. They're not calculated. They're not artificial. They're not precise. These are all traits of a scum ThAd. They're impulsive. Rash. Emotional. Argumentive rather than manipulative. He's not trying to push an agenda; he's frustrated about the game. His posting looks genuine, like he's trying to figure out the game.

Like, I'm just about as disjointed from the game as can be, yet I can tell all of this basically instantly.
My academy.
Agnigi
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2366 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:03 am

Post by Nero Cain »

AP what do YOU think of Thad? As anything I said swayed you?

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2367 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:04 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2365, mastin2 wrote:They're not calculated. They're not artificial. They're not precise. These are all traits of a scum ThAd. They're impulsive. Rash. Emotional. Argumentive rather than manipulative.
Pretty much this. (thank god mastin is town).

I dont see how Snow is pulling "Thad is being manipulative" out of this. There is really no direct point to Thad doing this as scum, unless you want to argue hes just trying to look town by doing something townie. But making that distinction is gonna take more backing than "its overdone" cause saying Thad is being manipulative is... well...manipulative.

P-edit: I'd still rather not lynch him, I think there are way better people to lynch.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2368 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:07 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2325, AngryPidgeon wrote:Do YOU see Thad's latest bout of frustration aimed specifically at Nero being from scum? That emotion is pretty hard to fake and I dont see why scum would do something so likely to draw attention, especially from Nero who is tentatively voting people who arent Thad. Its just town rage. Pretty sure.
AP's town. For stealing my thoughts before I think them. Again. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2369 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:19 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2362, Nero Cain wrote:Pv, You're right that both the Aptil claim and Rach stuff has been a big part of the day, recently though there's been a lot of Mastin talk, a lot of TWIE talk. More recently there's been a lot of EGG and pmatt convo. I can't, for the life of me, understand how you can think he's NOT ignoring the day phase when (sans Aptil's claim) his play and posts have been "Rach is scum/you guys have no case on me." rinse and repeat. I know he brought up the "but you tunneled on MR on day 1!" but A) he's not Nero and B) I did far more than tunnel on MR

If I'm still alive, then go for it.

As for the rest of the day, those are minor happenings, which not everyone is getting involved in anyway.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2370 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:19 am

Post by Snork »

Mastin post too many words
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2371 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2369, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 2362, Nero Cain wrote:Pv, You're right that both the Aptil claim and Rach stuff has been a big part of the day, recently though there's been a lot of Mastin talk, a lot of TWIE talk. More recently there's been a lot of EGG and pmatt convo. I can't, for the life of me, understand how you can think he's NOT ignoring the day phase when (sans Aptil's claim) his play and posts have been "Rach is scum/you guys have no case on me." rinse and repeat. I know he brought up the "but you tunneled on MR on day 1!" but A) he's not Nero and B) I did far more than tunnel on MR

If I'm still alive, then go for it.

As for the rest of the day, those are minor happenings, which not everyone is getting involved in anyway.
both TWIE and pmatt are major lynch candidates so its NOT minor. I understand that folks don't comment on every little thing but I mean...talking about 1 or 2 things a day and avoiding giving any other content doesn't give me big pro-town vibes like at all.

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2372 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:33 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2370, Snork wrote:Mastin post too many words
Well, considering your request is rather simple, for me to post three simple words, I'd say that this post is more than adequate to fill the definition of your request, meaning I am posting more than I should. Thus, I have posted too many words.

:P
My academy.
Agnigi
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2373 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:36 am

Post by Snork »

That wasn't a request -.-

It was a comment made as a result of trying to ISO you.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2374 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:36 am

Post by Snork »

I just missed the s on "posts"

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”