NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2975 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:30 am

Post by Snork »

You're dumb. Really.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2976 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:47 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Actually getting around to reading the triple-Mafia ISO of doom today.

For people who think I'm scum, please do check out my comments on mastin, especially relative to the reasoning of most people who ended up on the wagon, and tell me with a straight face that you think I'm scum. Especially if you know me and my anti-bussing tendencies. The idea that I'd crack open my own Mafia team is pretty far out for me. Which, heh, hey, PV, we've played together enough that you're welcome to weigh in on that one. Not sure anyone else left alive would know me well enough with the possible exception of DV?

More whenever I slog through the 442 scum posts...
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2977 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:26 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2976, penguin_alien wrote:Actually getting around to reading the triple-Mafia ISO of doom today.

For people who think I'm scum, please do check out my comments on mastin, especially relative to the reasoning of most people who ended up on the wagon, and tell me with a straight face that you think I'm scum. Especially if you know me and my anti-bussing tendencies. The idea that I'd crack open my own Mafia team is pretty far out for me. Which, heh, hey, PV, we've played together enough that you're welcome to weigh in on that one. Not sure anyone else left alive would know me well enough with the possible exception of DV?

More whenever I slog through the 442 scum posts...
I tried to spoiler some of the relevant ones. Reads, attacks, defenses, etc.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2978 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:28 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2975, Snork wrote:You're dumb. Really.
You do realize that as an alive claimed investigative role, that if you are not NKed, you need to be lynched prior to lylo to verify your results. Preferably a day or 2.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2979 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:35 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 2957, Plessiez wrote:
projectmatt hasn't posted for over 48 hours and hasn't arranged a V/LA. He has therefore been prodded.
projectmatt hasn't responded to this prod, which was sent over 24 hours ago. I am looking for a replacement.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2980 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:07 am

Post by Snork »

lol you're dumb too.

Worst case, we have 2 mislynches left. Today, and tomorrow. You really think that a) scum are going to keep me alive just on the off-chance they can convince town to lynch me and b) leave me around to continue investigating? I think not.

But go on, keep trying to sow seeds of doubt about my claim, about the existence of an SK, about the number of scum left. It's amusing, but you're still dead today. And on the slim possibility you are town, I'm probably dead tonight. So you'll get your flip one way or the other.

I've really about had it with this game. People keep prod-dodging and messing about with crap. I'm getting bored.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2981 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:15 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2980, Snork wrote:lol you're dumb too.

Worst case, we have 2 mislynches left. Today, and tomorrow. You really think that a) scum are going to keep me alive just on the off-chance they can convince town to lynch me and b) leave me around to continue investigating? I think not.

But go on, keep trying to sow seeds of doubt about my claim, about the existence of an SK, about the number of scum left. It's amusing, but you're still dead today. And on the slim possibility you are town, I'm probably dead tonight. So you'll get your flip one way or the other.

I've really about had it with this game. People keep prod-dodging and messing about with crap. I'm getting bored.
Actually, it's standard mafia theory. If you are scum fakeclaiming, then you would of course not die, and you could "clear" town but also "clear" scum.

Your results are not validated until you are. You are usually not validated until dead.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2982 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:37 am

Post by Egg »

No we aren't anywhere near questioning whether or not Snork is lying scum.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2983 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:09 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2982, Egg wrote:No we aren't anywhere near questioning whether or not Snork is lying scum.
Just because you aren't, doesn't mean you shouldn't.

The fact that Snork lived last night AND got a result means if scum have a rolebleocker, they did not use it on him (a better target)?. If they do not have a rolebleocker, then why is he alive? As a player and as a role he is way more dangerous to scum than RachMarie (no offense Rach! Image)

Allowing him to live and get results seems suboptimal for scum to play. Especially given that Mastin/AP/Yates were all scum.

One day I might be able to understand (that would be last night). Anything else past that is unrealistic on the part of scum to allow him to live. Ditto on the part of town.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2984 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:51 am

Post by Egg »

Rach was literally confirmed town. I'd be shocked if scum let a town Snork continue to live and either catch them or confirm half the town. We have no reason to do their dirty work for them. If he's still alive in a couple of days, we'll talk. But even if he's scum, it doesn't hurt to force him to give a couple more results first. That and I don't actually think he's scum so that would make him a strong power role and terrible lynch.

Let me put it this way. Let's assume game doesn't end today and Six dies tonight, then we lynch someone and the game STILL isn't over and someone other than Snork. Let's also assume Snork has yet to get a guilty and the N5 kill is on one of Snork's clears. So we have three confirmed (pending Snork's flip) town. We have seven living players. A lynch on Snork if he is town gives us two confirmed town of five players. I think we are in agreement that we have at most two scum. It would take pretty poor lynching to get to that point, but I think if we do, Day 6 is the earliest we can talk about lynching Snork. If we hit a scum before that, I'd say Day 7 at the earliest. Even at that point, we shouldn't do it unless we have reason to believe he is scum.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2985 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:08 am

Post by Snork »

It's moot when I'm dead tonight. There's no more protection standing in the way of killing the one role that can confirm scum.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2986 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:09 am

Post by Snork »

The question you SHOULD be asking is why is PV discussing all this nonsense - SK, maf numbers, lynching me - instead of
fucking scum hunting
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2987 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:15 am

Post by Egg »

To 2985, true. I was assuming you stay alive for the purpose of Pere's conspiracy theory.

To 2986, because he's scum probably.
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2988 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:42 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

Yeah, so don't have the energy to finish my analysis now in detail. Will do this tomorrow as a priority.

As a spoiler for what the essential contents will be:
I don't see PA scum
SnowStorm is more believable as mastin's "one bus" that PV said - but not sure that it works with other mafia interactions
ThAd is saved mostly by Yates' strong attack on him - else I would almost certainly be thinking ThAd scum
PV is no. 1 candidate for scum and his play today is horrendous as Snork indicated in 2986

I think PV is going to be the lynch, but I won't vote him until I've said my full piece (and if it's going to make him L-1, I'd probably wait for a claim also)
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2989 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:54 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

In post 2973, SiX wrote:AP(scum) started rampaging on me as soon as the round began due to the '2 shots'. The one who are first to bring something like that up, has a huge potential of being scum sharing their reasoning for the nightkill, to influence others the way they set it up > And see, he was a scum.
Completely disagree with your reasoning here. Sure, AP-scum wanted to put immediate pressure on someone who was not of the scumteam. Why does that mean the scumteam made the kill? It could just as easily have been an actual SK.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2990 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:03 am

Post by Plessiez »

SnowStorm hasn't posted for over 48 hours and hasn't arranged a V/LA. He has therefore been prodded.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2991 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:17 am

Post by projectmatt »

Sigh. Sorry guys, I tried. I thought that I would have a free reign to dedicate a lot of time to this game but a lot of new personal stuff happened and it just didn't work out. I still stand by the fact that my reads this game (so far) have been fairly accurate, but unfortunately I can't help out this game in an essential way without being able to post at a somewhat regular basis. So replace me, sorry again! I'm gonna try not to join another mafia game until I'm sure I can do it.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2992 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:33 am

Post by Egg »

Projectmatt, try avoiding larges until you complete some smaller games without any trouble keeping up.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2993 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:54 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2992, Egg wrote:Projectmatt, try avoiding larges until you complete some smaller games without any trouble keeping up.
He's done this. It's probably just new stuff going on that's making him need to replace out.

Good luck with all that projectmatt.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2994 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:47 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 2985, Snork wrote:It's moot when I'm dead tonight. There's no more protection standing in the way of killing the one role that can confirm scum.
Pretty sure we still have a bodyguard.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2995 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 2988, Damon_Gant wrote:Yeah, so don't have the energy to finish my analysis now in detail. Will do this tomorrow as a priority.

As a spoiler for what the essential contents will be:
I don't see PA scum
SnowStorm is more believable as mastin's "one bus" that PV said - but not sure that it works with other mafia interactions
ThAd is saved mostly by Yates' strong attack on him - else I would almost certainly be thinking ThAd scum
PV is no. 1 candidate for scum and his play today is horrendous as Snork indicated in 2986

I think PV is going to be the lynch, but I won't vote him until I've said my full piece (and if it's going to make him L-1, I'd probably wait for a claim also)
As a spoiler heres all my repsonses:

Thats fine but my personal lynch pool after PV is dead looks like in order: [PA/PM, DG, SS] so I hope you can find someone in there thats more lynchable than PA and some reasons.
Fuck what PV said about mastin meta.
ThAd is saved because day 2 happened and he was town in it. I mean sure hes town with shit reads... but hes still prob town.
PV is no. 1 candidate for scum and his play is horrendous. Fixed.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2996 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:26 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

Sorry. I haven't had much time this week and I'm not too worried about the game in its current state.

My reads haven't changed. I'd still like to go over some ISO's but that'll have to wait a little more. I'd also like to do those before lynching anyone.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2997 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:24 pm

Post by Plessiez »

ThAdmiral hasn't posted for over 48 hours and hasn't arranged a V/LA. He has therefore been prodded.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2998 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:27 pm

Post by Plessiez »

fferyllt replaces projectmatt, effective as of this post.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2999 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:36 pm

Post by Plessiez »

Vote count coming up.,,

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”