Mafia 62: Suspicion in Sicily - Game over!

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:19 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

scotmany12 wrote:Secondly, I'm not ready to lynch Rand purely on his lurkiness. I say we leave him at what he is now, and if we can't get anything else going, then he will be our deadline lynch.
Do you have a better idea? If it was up to you, right now, who would you lynch?

If people don't want to see us deadline lynch a lurker, then we need to get everyone posting more so we can get an extension, because otherwise not much is going on.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:21 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Fifth Vote Count of Day Three:

Rand Althor - 4 (Raffles, Panzerjager, Yosarian2, Ancalagon)

Not voting - 7 (Cubsfan4ever, scotmany12, Rand Althor, AlexPaoletti, hollywoody1221, ~N9V~, spectrumvoid)

With eleven alive, six votes will lynch.
Rand al'Thor could be lynched at deadline currently; if anyone needs to be replaced because they do not respond to my prods, I will extend the deadline. An actual uptick in posting would also help your cause more; this deadline is retractable, but only with apparent movement. I will re-evaluate on Sunday.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:38 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Yosa, I'm not entirely sure on who we should lynch. I was simply suggesting that we don't have enough reason to go out and lynch rand normally. His lurkiness is not enough. Having him be a deadline lynch, however, will be fine. Unless there are more reasons to lynch him, then I think that we should leave him where he is at right now, and if nothing else comes up, then he gets lynched at deadline.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:05 am

Post by Raffles »

I'm not sure on this - people can correct me if they think I'm wrong. But at this stage, I don't think RA is not even worth deadline lynching. Because not many made a relevant comment against him, and as we are purely lynching on lurking, this would yield virtually 0 information. I think we are taking more of a pot-shot at a scum and we'd be lucky to do so. Also if he was a scum, I would have thought his scumbuddies would be active in advocating for alternate targets rather than for a deadline lynch of a scumbuddy purely because he's a lurker.

So with this, I'll firstly
Unvote
, in the hopes that we'd get more involvement, someone to argue my theory and hopefully a deadline retraction.
Woof!
AlexPaoletti
AlexPaoletti
Townie
AlexPaoletti
Townie
Townie

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:32 am

Post by AlexPaoletti »

Raffles wrote:@Alex: Why would having lurkers cloud your thoughts? If there are less activity, much less scummy ones, you've got all the freedom to analyze the past at your leisure. Also, why did this cause you to unvote?
I don't quite understand what you're talking about. I don't recall saying that lurkers cloud my thoughts. And I'm pretty sure I never made a vote today. I think you may be referring to this:
AlexPaoletti wrote:I've looked through the thread and nothing is jumping out of me. If I had to decide on someone I find most scummy, I'd say either hollywoody, based on the point you (Raffles) just made, or Rand Althor, based on lurkiness. Not going to put any votes on though.
If that is the case, I think you may have misread my punctuation. You may have thought that I said "based on lurkiness, I'm not going to put any votes on though." But I was really saying "...or Rand Althor, based on lurkiness.
[Period-New sentence]
Not going to put any votes on though.

If that's not it; I don't know what to say. Is there a post I don't remember making?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:34 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Raffles wrote:I'm not sure on this - people can correct me if they think I'm wrong. But at this stage, I don't think RA is not even worth deadline lynching. Because not many made a relevant comment against him, and as we are purely lynching on lurking, this would yield virtually 0 information.
Well, it's not 100% lurker lynching, as I don't really like the posts he did make either; very little content, the only real content he produced was when he voted for TS and when he voted for kinkster, and I don't really like those posts either. So it's not just lurking, it's active lurking, activally chosing to say very little while posting, and I tend to think that is a scumtell.
I think we are taking more of a pot-shot at a scum and we'd be lucky to do so.
Sure, it's a pot-shot. But it's better then a no-shot.

Again, if you've got a better case against someone else, I'd like to hear it. But I don't understand how you unvoting Rand and then not voting someone else helps the situation; now if you have moved your vote from Rand to someone you would think a better target, I'd be fine with it.
Also if he was a scum, I would have thought his scumbuddies would be active in advocating for alternate targets rather than for a deadline lynch of a scumbuddy purely because he's a lurker.
That's not a very strong argument. The whole scum group could be lurking (not hard to imagine, with most of the people in the game lurking). Or they could have decided they'd rather run silent on this one rather then risk themsleves for a lurkerscum. I understand what you're saying here, but I'm not convinced.

So with this, I'll firstly
Unvote
, in the hopes that we'd get more involvement, someone to argue my theory and hopefully a deadline retraction.
Argument and involvment is good. But I really think you need to have your vote on SOMEONE, with the lynch coming up and most of the town terminally lurking; if not Rand, then find a better target, because we don't have much time left to find a lynch.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:41 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Bah. THe quote tags got messed up there. Mod, I did not intend to unvote rand, that paragraph was supposed to be in quotes. Just in case you counted that as an unvote;
vote:rand althor
just to be sure.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:02 am

Post by Raffles »

Shit - Alex, that was not aimed at you, I made a mistake. That was aimed at hollywoody.

Yos - if we are going for lurker lynching, there are plenty of other people that I don't like the posts of. Take your pick, N9V, ancalagon, cubsfan. Those are the only three I looked but I'm sure there's probably a couple more. Would you be able to justify why RA over these three?

RA- Why are you inactive, even though you are about to be lynched?

Mod:
How are we looking for replacements, and deadline removal?
Woof!
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:06 am

Post by Raffles »

Yosarian2 wrote: Sure, it's a pot-shot. But it's better then a no-shot.
I get your point. My intention now is that we should reach a lynch at the end of the day, be that a deadline or proper lynch. I'm concerned by a lack of opposition on this lynch. Not even from RA. I'm not sure if it is a right choice over any others that I've named.
Woof!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:07 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Raffles wrote: Yos - if we are going for lurker lynching, there are plenty of other people that I don't like the posts of. Take your pick, N9V, ancalagon, cubsfan. Those are the only three I looked but I'm sure there's probably a couple more. Would you be able to justify why RA over these three?
I'll go back and take a look at their posts, tell you what I think.

(shrug) A major part of the reason I voted Rand over other lurkers is just because he already had 2 votes on him and I wanted someone to have 3 votes on him rather then risk a no lynch; if one of the other lurkers had 2 votes I might vote for them instead.

If I had looked at Rand's posts and thought he looked town, I wouldn't have voted for him his lynch, but none of his posts give me a reason to think he's town, so I'd much rather lynch him then lynch no one.

But I'll take a look at those other lurkers, see if any of them look worse to me.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:17 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok, here's the other lurkers you mentioned, at a glance:

Cubsfan: 21 posts. Fairly active early in the game, less so lately. Def. a lurker, but none of his posts seem especally scummy to me at the moment, and some at least sound like he was trying use logic to scumhunt at least in the early game. He needs to post more, but I don't think he's the best lynch today.

N9V: 15 posts. Rather a severe lurker, and I really don't like his toaster strudal vote. Ironic that he complained about lurking but hasn't posted any content yet today (although he claims he had a content-full post lost in the crash, but hasn't bothered to tell us what it was). Wouldn't mind lynching him today; probably on about the same scumdar level as Rand is in my eyes at the moment.

ancalagon: 21 posts. Not as bad a lurker as some others, has at least posted recently, but hasn't really committed himself to much; most of his posts are short and without much content. Really need to hear more from him about what he thinks about the game and what he thinks about other people in the game.

So, yeah; at the moment, I'm in favor of lynching either Rand or N9V.
hollywoody1221
hollywoody1221
Townie
hollywoody1221
Townie
Townie

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:42 pm

Post by hollywoody1221 »

Sorry to not have posted often this day, but I've been unable to stay on for long periods of time, b/c of school and work. But, in regards to the point made against me, I was stating that with a bunch of lurkers not giving any input, I could not accurately judge what the dynamics of the game were, and could not give a vote that I am satisfied with now. And someone said earlier how if rand althor were scum, wouldn't his scumbuddies try and bail him out by suggesting alternate targets. But, by unvoting, it seems like you're trying to shift away the action from him. Not that I'm calling you scum, but it's somewhat suspicious, if you see what I'm trying to say. I'm not sure of what we should do, but a deadline doesn't help our cause, especially if we can't lynch scum. If we don't, we basically go into GG mode, so we need to step it up and find some scum. Any suggestions of what we should do?
You send me to the hospital, and I'll send you to the morgue.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:36 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, first of all, hollywoody, you need to vote for someone. Everyone needs to vote for someone, to get the game moving and get us closer to a lynch. Skim the last day or something if you need to; vote a lurker, or vote someone who's done something you think is suspicious, or who gives you a bad gut feeling, or whatever.

Also, do you think Rand's a good lynch right now, or not? Your post is rather vauge.

Right now, so few people are voting or commenting on anything that even if we do catch a scum, we won't get much information because no one else is saying anything. Everyone's got to start actually playing the game, or we're going to lose.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:43 pm

Post by PJ. »

I am curtrently looking at two leads. I like RA as scum and I like Hollywoody as scum. Thats all i have to say really.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:15 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Can you explain why, Panzer?
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:30 am

Post by ~N9V~ »

Mabey its because I don't have much computer time now-a-days? Could that be why I haven't posted much. And hmm, mabey it's because I've forgotten what my post was, mabey thats why I haven't posted it yet. I am human you know,I don't put every waking minute of my life into this game. Actually, it's quite low on my priorties. If thats not good enough for you, then ask for me to get replaced.
hollywoody1221
hollywoody1221
Townie
hollywoody1221
Townie
Townie

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:34 am

Post by hollywoody1221 »

Okay, first off, I'm not especially fond of a no-lynch vote, because we can accidentally vote off someone we need to not vote off. That's why I don't like people not posting, and why I'm not voting for Rand Althor right now. And I'm not really sure why Panzer has it in for me, but he doesn't seem to want to explain it yet, because I believe I asked him a few pages ago. I could understand why, I think, because it may be because I recommended the lynching of the triumvarate of DP, Primate, and TS; which turned out to be horribly wrong, on all 3 accounts. I had noticed some agreement between them that hadn't been shared between most, and incorrectly took it as a sign for something it wasn't.
You send me to the hospital, and I'll send you to the morgue.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:36 am

Post by Raffles »

Alright, alright, talk about getting knickers in the twist, sheesh...

That said, you seem, to be posting pretty consistently in other games, lights out hell on Earth..., about 1 to 2posts a day... so maybe that isn't a very good excuse?
Woof!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:45 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, you're posting in pleanty of other places, n9v. Not only that, you jsut signed up for a NEW game in the queue forum about 7 days ago. If you don't have any time to play, then why are you signing up for more games?

I mean, you haven't really said anything all month. Why sign up for games if you're not going to play?

Or could it be that you're a lurkerscum and that's just an excuse?
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:51 am

Post by Raffles »

I don't know how rest of you feel, but at this stage I'd rather lynch this guy rather than RA who is making utter lack of response.

Vote: N9V

But if this vote looks like it's going to cause no lynch on the deadline, then I will retract it and vote RA to cause lynch.

Mod:
What is the exact timing of the deadline in GMT?
Woof!
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:32 pm

Post by PJ. »

I like the news that Yos has brought to the table
Unvote, Vote:N9V
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

The end of April 30th GMT is in a hair under 48 hours from this post (47:44 or thereabouts). Continued increased posting through the rest of the weekend will earn you a retraction though, so keep that up if you please. :)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:18 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, to be fair, I went back and took a look at the thread N9V signed up for, and reading through the Stargate queaue thread, it looks like he signed up for a "later" role, one that won't be in the game for a while, so perhaps he is having some problems with time. Still, considering how much posting he's done in other threads in April, I have trouble believing he hasn't had time to post more then this here.

I'm still pretty much equally happy with lynching either lurker, either Rand or N9V. Rand didn't even show up after beign put into lynch range; looking at Flay's posts, it sounds like if Rand dosn't respond to the prod he'll be replaced before deadline, which is probably for the best at this point.

Just to be clear:

Mr. Flay: Rand has been prodded, correct? And if he dosn't respond soon he'll be replaced, right?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Everybody who doesn't post in ~4 days gets prodded, yes. Some players respond privately rather than by posting in thread, which is their prerogative. More than that, I cannot say.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hmmm. Interesting.

In that case, I think I'll leave my vote on Rand for now. If he's not replaced before deadline, that means he's lurking intentionally. If he is, then a bit of pressure on his replacement might be a good thing, and a replacement would also put back the deadline.

If it comes to it, I'll vote for either one if needed for a lynch, but for now, I'm fine with leaving my vote where it is.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”