Mini 436 - Game over - Mafia wins with no casualties!

Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Tue May 01, 2007 9:27 am

Post by Miztef »

Vote: VanDamien

3 excellent reasons I got here:

1. posted just before me

2. already has some votes on him

3. Cause I have no idea what the ---- his avatar is.

That is all.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Tue May 01, 2007 9:49 am

Post by Miztef »

Paradoxombie wrote:
Vote Miztef

for saying "that is all" at the end of his post
I'm trying to make it my "thing" and hopefully, sometime in the distant future future, people will be like:

A: ...ugly babies are born. That is all.
B: That's so what Miztef would, say, Miztef is so cool, I wish I could meet him.

But I'll be rich and famous, so no one will be able to meet me anyway :D
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Tue May 01, 2007 9:49 am

Post by Miztef »

...That is all.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #3) » Tue May 01, 2007 9:50 am

Post by Miztef »

sorry for the triple post. I forgot to bold
Vote: VanDamien

That
is all.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Fri May 04, 2007 2:27 am

Post by Miztef »

based on what's happened so far, I
unvote vote: StallingChamp
. He got a bit too close to a quick lynch and was just bandwagoning.

I'm not sure what to think of snichkin's "I just want to prove a point" tatic, so I don't think it's worthwhile to vote him.

that is all.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #5) » Fri May 04, 2007 2:33 am

Post by Miztef »

Hey, whoa.... did we lose some posts? I assumed StallingChamp was the last one to vote for VanDamien but I can't find ryan or vollkan's vote.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #6) » Fri May 04, 2007 3:27 am

Post by Miztef »

ryan wrote:
Miztef wrote:Hey, whoa.... did we lose some posts? I assumed StallingChamp was the last one to vote for VanDamien but I can't find ryan or vollkan's vote.
Page 1 is my vote, I just checked it's still there
ah, right there at the start. So it's just vollkan's that was a mistake? I'll just stick with StallingChamp then, until something changes my mind.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #7) » Sat May 05, 2007 4:05 am

Post by Miztef »

VanDamien wrote:Well, Well, a random wagon for absolutely no reason!

There's nothing to defend, as I haven't done anything even slightly scummy. What do you five hope to gain by running up the votes on a townie? Hunting for a power role, maybe?
No one has done anything really scummy yet. I switched my vote to stallingchamp only because he was the last on the bandwagon. We are only digging for information here, I doubt you are going to get lynched completely randomly.

Also, it seems the vote count had an error in it and only 4 people had voted you at the time.

It seems a second mostly random bandwagon is starting now though.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #8) » Sat May 05, 2007 11:53 am

Post by Miztef »

TopHat wrote:
HurriKaty wrote:
VanDamien wrote:Well, Well, a random wagon for absolutely no reason!

There's nothing to defend, as I haven't done anything even slightly scummy. What do you five hope to gain by running up the votes on a townie? Hunting for a power role, maybe?
The only way to really get information this early in the game, unless someone really screws up and says something stupid, is by randomly bandwagoning someone.
HurriKaty,
While you're at it, can you please state which information you learned from this wagon please?
She's telling the truth. Random bandwagoning is the normal way to start a game. Votes are the only tool most people can use during the day, and so it's a good idea to use them. The scum are not just gonna screw up out of the clue (normally, that is), it's usually when a scumbuddy is about to be lynched or even just anyone is about to be lynched that the most information is slipped.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #9) » Sun May 06, 2007 7:25 am

Post by Miztef »

We need more participation in this game. Come on people, start posting!
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #10) » Sun May 06, 2007 11:53 am

Post by Miztef »

ok well, I'll post some of the notes I've made about this game, and see if I get a reaction :D .

- There is nothing about Rampage that is very scummy, so stop trying to make a bandwagon on him. ok? ok.

- darhken, vollkan and deathsauce are on my "could be lurking" lists, so voting for them can be fun! :P

- Hurrikitty has said little to add to the contributions, but meh, I don't think she's lurking.

-paradox managed to vote hop in his whole of 2 posts.

-ryan posted alot, but there really isn't much to go on in his posts, I'm a tad suspicious.

-I don't like snichkin's "I'm trying to prove a point" attitude, but it seems more pro-town to me then scummy

- VanDamien defended from his bandwagon with "Trying to lynch a power role" attitude, when it wasen't even a real lynching bandwagon, or at least not meant to be. This seems kinda suspicious.

- StallingChamp is the player I'm voting for because he was last on the vandamien bandwagon. A little too close to a lynch for me. That also was his only post, so he could be lurking. Quite scummy.

That is all.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #11) » Mon May 07, 2007 1:07 am

Post by Miztef »

well, now that we are all getting along, should we vote for snichkin and see what happens? he seems to be the one that is tingling people's scumdars.

Or we could go after a lurker to try to get this game moving?
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #12) » Mon May 07, 2007 4:19 am

Post by Miztef »

DeathSauce wrote:I disagree that there is nothing scummy about Rampage. His "joky" behavior on page one and two is something I have seen from scum, and seen referenced in other games.

Rampage and Miztef seem to be backing each other up an awful lot.

In post 47 Rampage quotes Miztef (and Hurrikaty) and simply says "QFT".

Post 52 Miztef writes " There is nothing about Rampage that is very scummy, so stop trying to make a bandwagon on him. ok? ok." I don't like this statement at all.

Post 56 Rampage says "I like DeathSauce and Miztef, but don't trust Snichkin"

Post 58 Rampage says to ryan "That's because you and Miztef summed things up pretty well"

I also don't like that they are asking for lists of how you feel about other players. That is a tactic used by scum to help them decide who to NK.

Since my vote on A.B.R was random, I will
unvote

But I have my FOS on the two of you.
The jokey lines by Albert are really nothing reliable in terms of being scummy or not, a town or scum could have said it equally.

You take off your vote on Albert, a random vote at that, and state that you don't like my line about not bandwagoning Albert. Isn't that a bit odd?
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #13) » Mon May 07, 2007 11:34 am

Post by Miztef »

Unvote Vote: Snichkin

for reasons mentioned in StallingChamps post 66 (rule breaking is a definate no no in my books).

I disagree with ABR's reason to vote vanDamien, and would rather wait for snichkin's reaction to this vote.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #14) » Mon May 07, 2007 11:47 am

Post by Miztef »

Snichkin is at L-2 everyone. So, please consider your vote carefully, I don't want to lynch him right now, just want more of an explaination.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #15) » Tue May 08, 2007 1:10 am

Post by Miztef »

HurriKaty wrote:
Miztef wrote: - Hurrikitty has said little to add to the contributions, but meh, I don't think she's lurking.
I'm here, I've just been busy. And I actually really tend to lurk day 1, I'll admit that. Mostly just because its so early I really have nothing to say.

And damn, how many times have I been called HurriKitty? Like 50? Is it really that hard to read my name?

:(
sorry. hellokitty -> hurrikitty, it's already been engraved in my mind. :( .

It's understandable to lurk, but it tends to be a scum tatic, so it would be nice to have contributions from everyone.

(funny enough that I don't lurk and get lynched quickly most games, scum or town)
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #16) » Tue May 08, 2007 4:03 am

Post by Miztef »

DeathSauce wrote:I follow VanDamien's line of thinking perfectly clearly.
Contrast these two statements from you:

Statement 1 at 5:30pm :
Expect (the) mafia allies to put their vote and hammer this dude.(Snichkin)
Statement 2 at 5:42 pm
vote: Snichkin
You seem to be predicting your own scummy vote.

vote:Albert B. Rampage
for being the scummiest player I have ever seen. Every single post he makes just makes my spidey sense go into 4 alarm mode.
I didn't understand vanDamien's reasoning at first, so thanks for clearing it up. This is an obvious contridiction, and I find it hard to believe a pro-town player would make this error. I would really like to hear an explaination from snichkin, but Albert is more scummy in my books and so...

Unvote Vote: Albert B. Rampage
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #17) » Tue May 08, 2007 10:56 am

Post by Miztef »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Hahaha you
need
people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fingers, and say "
that's
the bad guy." So, what'll that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth... even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy.
omg. That's one heck of a statement. Is it a quote? It reminds me of some movie or something.

1) I don't understand who your saying it to. (vanDamien? DeathSauce? Me? Everyone?)

2) It's weird and contridictary ("I always tell the truth... even when I lie" WTH?!?!)

3) What do you mean by "Say goodnight to the bad guy.", Who is the bad guy? Are you a day vig and going to kill that person? or, are you leaving the game?
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #18) » Tue May 08, 2007 12:40 pm

Post by Miztef »

Paradoxombie wrote:It's a quote from Scarface
LOL. well then.... this is odd... :oops: (I'm a total movie geek too, never seen scarface though).

I still don't like it. :evil:
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #19) » Wed May 09, 2007 12:51 am

Post by Miztef »

TopHat wrote:
DeathSauce wrote:Care to explain the "worse vibes" comment in further detail? I wouldn't mind seeing some reasoning behind votes at this point. I think we are past the random stage.
Read her posts. All three of them.
Post 1 - nothing
Post 2 - generic statement, which, albeit truthful, doesn;t advance our scumhunting in any way. When I called her for specific conclusions, there was no response.
Post 3 - trips over herself defending her own day 1 lurking.
I see this as enough "vibes" for a solid non-random day 1 vote.
I understand your reasoning behind voting katy, but I'm not jumping on that bandwagon yet. Rampage's crazy posts and flawed logic really bugs me and I'm sticking to my vote.

IGMEOY HurriKaty
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #20) » Thu May 10, 2007 10:29 am

Post by Miztef »

I do not agree with tophat's post. It is possible that ryan/hurrikaty are mafia, but your evidence does not "confirm" it.

Albert is still my vote for now. I'm also gonna throw out there a
IGMEOY Tophat
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #21) » Thu May 10, 2007 10:53 am

Post by Miztef »

ryan wrote:Let me ask you this Miztef, is it possible that Tophat and Hurrikaty are mafia and he's trying to throw blame at both of us hoping a bandwagon will start on me? (risky yes, but still possible) Thoughts?
It's possible that any of the three of you are mafia. I severly dislike tophat's post about hurrikaty and you being mafia, and he is my "top" pick for scumminess between you three. I don't like hurrikaty's lack of posts, but I'm not gonna lynch her over it at this time at least. I am pretty much on the fence for you though, more info is needed to be more accurate.

Also, I really don't like albert's "proving a point antics" as an excuse for his scumtells, but it is possible, especially considering the excessive amount of bad play. That is why my vote sticks. (for now)
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #22) » Sat May 12, 2007 12:25 am

Post by Miztef »

vollkan wrote:
Take it as what it is. A tell.

Don't dig further, there is nothing beyond it. I'm as pro-town as they come.
I just don't like this. Albert makes a massive statement (Ryan and Miztef are town), then gives no explanation other than that he is pro-town and not to dig into it. Albert may be pro-town and may have a good basis for his statement, but without reasoning it just seems suspicious.
/agree

Albert's reasoning is plain invalid. You shouldn't make a scumtell on purpose for the point that people making scumtell's are not always scum. It forces everyone to think in WIFOM terms and that always causes confusion.

To me, this is a modified version of when LAL should be used. It's LACPTTPARPP. (Lynch all Crazy Trying To Prove A Ridiculous Point Players)
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #23) » Sat May 12, 2007 9:38 am

Post by Miztef »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Nah, I'm tired. No explanation until day 2 for you.
This is a god awful defence, I /agree entirely with vanDamien's comment on this.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #24) » Sat May 12, 2007 11:23 am

Post by Miztef »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Do whatever you please, believe what you will.

I will be the last one laughing.
no matter what alignment you are, being lynched is bad. Hence, this does nothing but reinforce my suspicions. You will not be the last one laughing.... you'll be first one dead.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #25) » Sun May 13, 2007 8:28 am

Post by Miztef »

Your strategy in this game is just insane Rampage. I want to believe your scum due to the tells, but my gut tells me your pro-town. This just frustrates me alot, and it helps me little to discern who the scum may be.

I'm going to have to keep my vote on you because I dislike the way your playing, and I don't think it should be tolerated as a pro-town way of playing.

Mod edit
Votecount:
Albert B. Rampage 5 (DeathSauce, Miztef, Paradoxombie, VanDamien, vollkan)
Snichkin 2 (StallingChamp, Ryan)
Deathsauce 1 (HurriKaty)
StallingChamp 1 (Snichkin)
Hurrikaty 1 (TopHat)

Not voting: Albert B. Rampage, darhken

With 12 alive it takes 7 votes to lynch.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #26) » Sun May 13, 2007 10:00 am

Post by Miztef »

well... this is just great. I'm going to have to think on this for a while before I move forward.

I'll
unvote
for the time being though.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #27) » Sun May 13, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by Miztef »

Here's my propsal with Albert B. Rampage:

We wait till day 2. If he is scum, then he is very unlikely to have been NKed, if he is not then hopefully a doc or something saves him. Assuming he survives the night, we lynch him day 2, If what he states is precisely true, we should have the most suspious person be forced to hammer him, or lynch them instead. That way, both alberts kills can be used to our advantage. If he's scum, he dies anyway.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #28) » Sun May 13, 2007 2:40 pm

Post by Miztef »

TopHat wrote:
Miztef wrote:Here's my propsal with Albert B. Rampage:

We wait till day 2. If he is scum, then he is very unlikely to have been NKed, if he is not then hopefully a doc or something saves him. Assuming he survives the night, we lynch him day 2, If what he states is precisely true, we should have the most suspious person be forced to hammer him, or lynch them instead. That way, both alberts kills can be used to our advantage. If he's scum, he dies anyway.
This is wrong on so many levels that I don't even know where to start. How about I start with "If we intend to lynch him on day 2 anyway, why waste a doc protection on him??".
Anyway, if we think ABR is a likely scum, the correct play is to direct our vig to hit him. Before this day ends, each player needs to say whether they want ABR vigged or not.
I'll elaborate:

I think it's
better
if he's lynched. though him getting NKed is fine.

On day 2 we will have more of an idea who is scum. Therefore, if albert is still alive, we lynch him. We ask the most suspicious person to hammer him. That way, if he's telling the truth, we kill the person we think is most likely scum and albert can choose another person he thinks is scummy and we get another likely scummy person killed. Hence, we use his ability to our advantage rather then just let him die. Plus, even if he's scum, there's no harm done to the town.

I'm actually happier with a day 1 lynch of you Tophat. Your latest comments have been especially suspicous to me.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #29) » Mon May 14, 2007 12:35 am

Post by Miztef »

vollkan wrote:I don't think Miztef meant he ACTUALLY wants 7 people to pile onto Tophat and lynch him, more that he just suspects Tophat at the moment.

For now, I am ambivalent to this plan. It doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it; but that could all change if someone raises a valid objection.

Care to elaborate regarding Tophat, Miztef?
of course, and you are correct that I am suspicious of Tophat.

My suspicion stems from this post:
TopHat wrote:I have recently been mafia in a game on another site, and I'm proud to say I made some mistakes and learned from them. And when I say "learned", I don't only mean learned not to repeat them, I also mean learned to identify those who make the same mistakes.

So, short version: ryan and Hurrikathy are scumpartners.

Long version: in his big analysis post (#55), ryan devotes FOUR WHOLE LINES to Hurrikathy (more than to anyone else), despite the latter only having 2 posts, both fairly meaningless. Not only that, but (with respect to HK), he comes to no conclusion altogether. This
OVERANALYSIS WITH NO CONCLUSION
is a scumbuddy tell, and I know it is, because I made it previously myself with respect to my own scum partners in another game (luckily, that time nobody noticed).

At this point, I would really like to see one of them bandwagoned into a claim. That's all for now.
Clearly invalid logic is used here, and that is understandable, but I kept on eye on him.
TopHat wrote:I've seen enough to
unvote, Vote Albert B. Rampage
Whether a scum or a townie deliberately trying to be unhelpful, he's good enough for a day 1 lynch.
He is the last one to vote albert b. rampage and it seems to be a mostly bandwagoning vote, but again, not all too suspicious in itself.
TopHat wrote: This is wrong on so many levels that I don't even know where to start. How about I start with "If we intend to lynch him on day 2 anyway, why waste a doc protection on him??".
Anyway, if we think ABR is a likely scum, the correct play is to direct our vig to hit him. Before this day ends, each player needs to say whether they want ABR vigged or not.
This is what put me over the line. Complete dismissal of my idea, or any idea at that, is not very pro-town to me, he then states "the correct play..." but who is to say that's the correct play? This whole post seems to me like scum manipulation. (Why is he so sure there is a vig anyway? It's not
that
common of a role)
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #30) » Mon May 14, 2007 3:08 am

Post by Miztef »

DeathSauce wrote:Also, after reading the link provided by our moderator I would like to call attention to this point:
Lawrencelot wrote: All I can say is that this game follows the normal game rules
Normal Game Rules wrote: A normal game does not have to have any other roles other than Mafia and Townies. If it includes other roles, they should mostly be considered standard, such as Cop, Doctor, Vigilante, Roleblocker, Mason, Traitor, Serial Killer.
"Psychopath" is in no way a standard role. I think that puts the lie to ABR's claim once and for all.
That is quite the point, and I am also inclined to believe the claim is a lie because of lawrencelot's post.

However, there is still a chance it is a possible, and I believe we should ask a person the majority of us agree is scummy to hammer him. That way, if he is telling the truth, we at least used his power to the best of our ability, with the least risk.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #31) » Mon May 14, 2007 10:17 am

Post by Miztef »

I believe albert. It seems way too crazy to be a mafia ploy, and even if it is, he's gonna die at some point anyway.

I am happy with lynching Tophat most today, and therefore will
vote: TopHat
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #32) » Mon May 14, 2007 10:19 am

Post by Miztef »

jeez,
vote: TopHat
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #33) » Mon May 14, 2007 11:13 am

Post by Miztef »

sry missed that.

Prefferably not, as I am pro-town, but if it came to me being seen as the most scummy, I would have to, or else you would lynch me instead of albert (that's how I see it as working anyway). In that case, as a pro-town player, it would be better to hammer albert myself, because if he is scum, thats good. If he is experimental pyschopath then we get a free vigilante kill.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #34) » Mon May 14, 2007 11:16 am

Post by Miztef »

the only really bad situation is if he is a scum pyschopath or a jester role. Then we are in a bit of trouble.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #35) » Tue May 15, 2007 12:50 am

Post by Miztef »

VanDamien wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:The thing is, VanDamien, if you don't get lynched today, you have a chance of getting away.

If I don't get lynched today, I have 0% chance of getting away the next.

Do you understand this ??
How? I thought I would die as soon as I hammer you?
Rampage is saying that he wants you just plain old lynched. He is certain you are scum, yes, but he doesn't want his power to be used on you because it would kill another player, who may not be scum.

I don't know for sure if you are scum, but I see it as a definate possibly, and since no one else seems to think topHat is scum (which, to be fair, there isn't all that much evidence) I am willing to switch my vote if others agree with rampage.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #36) » Tue May 15, 2007 1:37 pm

Post by Miztef »

I'm glad albert aproves of my plan for him. :)
I would like to use the plan and therefore I disapprove of lynching albert today.

So, the question remains... who to lynch today? Paradoxombie seems to be a new choice, along with tophat, vandamien, and possibly stallingchamp. I'm really not sure who is the best choice atm. I'm leaning towards paradoxombie myself, after his recent antics.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #37) » Tue May 15, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by Miztef »

I must completely disagree with your post paradox:

Killing ABR today is a bad idea. Even if he is scum, we will get him tomorrow with a much better idea of who is scum.

If he concedes that there is a pyschopath, the likelyhood of another crazy role
goes down
. This is a normal game, which means abnormal roles should only be placed very sparingly, and therefore, if there is 1 then another one becomes less likely.

At this point, paradox has become my vote for today.
unvote, vote: Paradoxombie
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #38) » Wed May 16, 2007 12:52 am

Post by Miztef »

ryan wrote:Miztef: I'm wondering if ABR could be a cop, are you feelin that? Or just that he is a townie?
It's 'possible' he's a cop, but I really doubt it. On LAL priciple, we'd have to lynch him if he claims cop anyway.

He is almost certainly not a townie.

To me, He is most likely his pyscopath role, next most likely is an anti-town psycopath-like role, and next is scum.

It's somewhat irrelevant if he is scum, as we'll lynch him tommorow anyway. He also could be a jester/suicide bomber type role, but I'm not getting that vibe either.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #39) » Wed May 16, 2007 12:55 pm

Post by Miztef »

The hammering flaw is easily resolvable imo: Force them, or lynch them. at L-1 a power role will claim anyway, so I see no difference in this situation. If the person is scum, There is no huge advantage to being lynched over being the hammerer.

If the scum hammer, they kill 1 Pro-town role, kill themself, and give the town a chance for another kill.

If the scum instead choose to be lynched, only they get killed.

I don't see them at an advantage by lynching themselves over hammering.

We know ABR should be killed at some point. I do not want him alive in the end game, and I don't think anyone else does, it's too much of a risk. The only way to guarentee his death then is by a lynch.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #40) » Thu May 17, 2007 1:04 am

Post by Miztef »

I agree with vollkan here. Ryan, why did you vote ABR when you acknowledged a day 2 lynch as better?

I think ryan is a candidate for lynching today. That slip up, with the addition of albert's points, are really building up a case. Although, most of this can be accounted for by inexperience. Paradox has made mistakes too, but I can see alot of this is inexperience as well.

Right now, I'm actually leaning towards lynching a lurker. Snichkin had that early mess-up, darhken just plain hasen't posted much, and Stallingchamp hasn't posted too much either. I'm going to go with
unvote vote: Snichkin
. His early screw up and then dissapearing act bugs me the most of all the lurkers.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (isolation #41) » Thu May 17, 2007 1:05 am

Post by Miztef »

sorry. Forgot about the replacements...

unvote vote: poison ivy
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #42) » Thu May 17, 2007 3:13 am

Post by Miztef »

The signifigance of surviving an extra day is simple. More information. I don't want to kill albert until d2 where we have a much better scope of the game. Killing him today runs the risk of 5:3 which is a
lose
. Therefore, killing him today is not an option for me, I'd much rather lynch someone else, or even no lynch if it comes to albert or no lynch.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #43) » Thu May 17, 2007 8:25 am

Post by Miztef »

@dogmom:

earlier in the game I considered hoping for ABR to be NKed, which is the absolute safest way to be rid of him. However, we cannot be absolutly assured of a vig today, and not tommorow either, unless a cop claims today, reveals the vigs identity and then dies so we know he is a cop. So basically, it's unlikely we will ever "know" if there is a vig, and therefore we cannot go on with the assumption we could get him NKed, at any point. It is much safer to plan to lynch him at this time.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #44) » Thu May 17, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by Miztef »

I am working under the assumption albert is pro-town pyscopath atm. Sorry about the N0 cop claim thing, mixed up with another game.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #45) » Fri May 18, 2007 1:13 am

Post by Miztef »

HurriKaty wrote:
DeathSauce wrote:Hurrikaty's posts are the absolute definition of lurking.
I agree, and I really am sorry, I've just forgot about Mafiascum lately, and I'm trying, I really am, it just seems whenever I come back theres 50 more pages to read.

It would really help if someone could sum up the game in like.. one post for me, so far.

:(
The ultra quick summary is that the game can be mostly boiled down to "Should we believe ABR?" and "What is the best way to be rid of him?". There have been people wanting him lynched today, tommorow, some people want him vigged, some people want to make use of his ability, some people don't believe him at all.

Bascially, we just have to decide what is the best course of action to deal with ABR, and then we'll get to who to lynch.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #46) » Fri May 18, 2007 4:17 am

Post by Miztef »

I tried to be the least biased I could with my explaination, but I agree with deathsauce, you shouldn't believe any 1 player's interpretation of the game.

Right now I would like some explaination from the lurkers. Hurrikaty is 'ok' in my books, but I would like some real content soon from her. I'm happy with posion ivy until he/she posts.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #47) » Fri May 18, 2007 4:18 am

Post by Miztef »

sorry, I meant "I'm happy with posion ivy as my vote until he/she posts.*
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #48) » Sat May 19, 2007 1:49 am

Post by Miztef »

Glad to see you back in the game SC. I too am suspicious of paradox, but the lurkers are my greatest concern right now. That is why I will keep my vote on Ivy until I see some posts.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #49) » Sat May 19, 2007 2:36 pm

Post by Miztef »

This is a doozy for sure. However, it is good to know that even at worst possible case, if we lynch albert today, we wont auto lose.

And after all that, I say waiting until tommorow to *maybe* lynch albert is our best bet. I'm sticking with Ivy until he/she posts.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (isolation #50) » Sun May 20, 2007 3:00 pm

Post by Miztef »

I'm not going to vote katy, but I do agree that more productivity is needed from her. As DogMom pointed out, she has posted very little content throughout the game.

I'm still waiting to hear from Ivy though, until something changes that (ivy posts, is replaced, reason for not posting explained) I will keep my vote on Ivy.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #51) » Mon May 21, 2007 4:23 am

Post by Miztef »

@ryan: My vote on Ivy is not really because I think he/she is scum, it is because I want some content from Ivy before I lynch someone.

Snichkin was the first person really suspected in this game, and I don't think letting Ivy lurk the entire D1 is of any help to the town. I dislike Hurrikaty's lurking, but I'm getting the feeling she will post content soon anyway, I don't feel there is a need to pressure her more at this time.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #52) » Mon May 21, 2007 7:00 am

Post by Miztef »

I only defend her because so many of you try to say how scummy she is all the time, where as I don't believe so. She may be lurking, but I think thats due to personal reasons not as a game strategy. Until I see some decent evidence against hurrikaty, or the lurking proves to be quite intentional, I'm not voting her.

Mod edit
Votecount:
Hurrikaty 4 (DeathSauce, VanDamien, DogMom, Albert B. Rampage)
Albert B. Rampage 2 (Paradoxombie, ryan)
Paradoxombie 1 (vollkan)
Poison Ivy 1 (Miztef)
StallingChamp 1 (Poison Ivy)
DeathSauce 1 (StallingChamp)

Not voting 2: Tophat, Hurrikaty

With 12 alive it takes 7 votes to lynch.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #53) » Mon May 21, 2007 11:03 am

Post by Miztef »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
I dislike Hurrikaty's lurking, but I'm getting the feeling she will post content soon anyway, I don't feel there is a need to pressure her more at this time.
If she were not to post any content from here to a week from now exactly (monday 27th), would you be willing to vote for her Miztef ?
It depends on whats happening in the game. But, if no one's posistion in the game changed during that 1 week period I would most likely vote for hurrikaty, because I would find Ivy more likely to be not interested in the game, where hurrikaty has promised us content soon. Making Hurrikaty the more scummy of the 2.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (isolation #54) » Tue May 22, 2007 8:26 am

Post by Miztef »

I don't know hurrikaty personally, but she is the moderator in another game I am in, and her posts coincide with her posts in that game, which leads me to believe she just hasn't had the time to fully post.

Everyone, including myself, is a potential hammerer for the ABR lynch (if it comes to that).
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #55) » Tue May 22, 2007 11:38 am

Post by Miztef »

So, does that mean the plan is to lynch hurrikaty?

I'm willing to vote her today if she doesn't post within the next 24 hours. I am inclined to agree with death and ryan in this situation, that katy's lurking has become quite the fiasco.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #56) » Thu May 24, 2007 12:47 am

Post by Miztef »

I've still got one more agruement to bring up....
I feel there is a 10% chance she is some sort of suicidal role that wants to be lynched. Before I drop the hammer I just want to hear 1 or 2 opinions on the possibility of her being some sort of "get lynched" role.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (isolation #57) » Thu May 24, 2007 12:25 pm

Post by Miztef »

Unvote Vote: Hurrikaty

_____
__ |_____|
|__|=====\= |____| /
\\|_____|//
HurriKaty

Sorry, but she hasen't posted, and I must agree that 2 Jester roles is quite unlikely.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (isolation #58) » Thu May 24, 2007 12:29 pm

Post by Miztef »

what the picture was supposed to look like... (forgot to preview)
......................_____
.__................|_____|
|__|=====\= |____|../
..................\\|_____|//
||||||||||||||||HurriKaty||||||||||||||||
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (isolation #59) » Fri May 25, 2007 11:28 pm

Post by Miztef »

I'd like to say that I'll be gone the rest of the weekend...

besides that I'd like to say...

OMFG, we lost the doctor and cop! What an insane D1/N1. Did anyone even guess Albert was a doctor?!?!
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (isolation #60) » Tue May 29, 2007 1:09 am

Post by Miztef »

TrustGossip wrote:Two deaths.

I just think it'd be a little overtaxing on the town if there were two full mafia factions.

A vig wouldn't have killed dogmom, she was so overwhelmingly helpful. And I had thought everyone had come to some sort of agreement to let albert get to Day 2 at the least.
It's possible the vig killed albert because he/she was against albert right from the start and believed he was lieing. As stated eariler in the thread, the safest way to kill albert is at night, and maybe the vig felt this was his/her chance.

I personally don't see why an SK would want to kill Albert, maybe an SK would kill DogMom though, and the mafia killed albert.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (isolation #61) » Wed May 30, 2007 12:59 am

Post by Miztef »

I personally have found vollkan very pro-town, and vandamien's evidence against him is not very true, as vollkan pointed out, he was asking people if there were any possibilities they wished to state, and I responded to it just to put any other possibilities out on the table.

At this time I am not heavily suspicious towards anyone.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (isolation #62) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:49 am

Post by Miztef »

Right now, I have no major suspects, only some minorly scummy ones. Until I find/see some real evidence against someone, I don't think I'll be rushing into a lynch today.

I don't feel bad about lynching hurrikaty. She was being unresponsive and causing great confusion with her "I'm lurking, sorry, but I'll post soon" posts. I feel it was a good choice made by the town. That's why it's hard to decide on suspects in this case, scum could have quite easily slipped into the bandwagon or not been on the katy lynch at all.

Some other notes:

Although I don't find truegossip's posts very scummy, snichkin and PI were both high on my scumlist at some point, so I think I'll keep an eye on him.

VanDamien's latest posts have made me slighty more suspicious of him, Jumping to vote Vollkan of all people seems a bit unreasonable. I myself have found vollkan quite helpful, and have little reason to vote him.

I'd like more content rich posts from ryan. It seems like only 1/10 of his posts have much real content.

I'm fairly suspicious of Paradoxombie today. Yesterday it seemed he was adamant on killing ABR and many of his posts became irrational and emotional. He then switched to hurrikaty in the end, stateing that:
Paradoxombie wrote:Wow, I gotta say, I didn't think any possible occurance could ever convince me to vote anyone but ABR, short of a believable cop claim

It looks like I was very wrong

Vote: HurriKaty

just wow

it is unfortunate, though, that we'll get essentially no clues from her death if she is scum
Since both these players have been found as town, it leads me to believe it is possible he is scum attacking the most viable bandwagon.

I feel that paradox/VanDamien/Truegossip are the players to watch out for today. Also, SC's replacement will be under my gaze of suspicion as well, based mostly on low content.

Mod edit
Votecount:
Vollkan 1 (VanDamien)
DeathSauce 1 (ryan)

Not voting: DeathSauce, TopHat, Miztef, Paradoxombie, Trustgossip, StallingChamp, vollkan

With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.
I am looking for a replacement for TopHat and StallingChamp. As I understood it, StallingChamp is banned from the site.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (isolation #63) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:58 am

Post by Miztef »

DeathSauce wrote:OK, I am day late, and I wish I had something grand and earthshaking to say, but SO MANY of the pages of this thread are about ABR!

I felt that he was probably scum, and I was suspicious of those who seemed interested in letting him live until Day 2, because I didn't understand the motivation. It is obvious now why ABR was so determined to make any deal that would let him survive until Day 2, and I'm a little upset with myself for pointing out that that seemed to be his main goal, because it may have tipped off the scum about his true role.
VanDamien wrote: We're probably either 6:3 or 5:3:1.
Wouldn't it have to be 5:3:1? Obviously there are 2 Night killing entities. That's why I thought it was dangerous to come out with a vote immediately after night. If you are town then the 3:1 can quicklynch on Day 2. I'd rather have a few more pages of discussion before anyone votes.
It's possible there is a vig which makes it 6:3. We are still in trouble no matter what the situation though. We lost 2 huge power roles and could be in LYLO.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (isolation #64) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:03 am

Post by Miztef »

Ok, it's time to push more info out of people. I think paradox or VD are a good start, so I'll flip a coin and.....
Vote: Paradoxombie
(because I got heads)
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (isolation #65) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:00 am

Post by Miztef »

I'd still like to see some pressure on paradox. He's one of my top suspects right now.

I'm also anxious to hear what VD's new vote is going to be and his explaination behind it.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (isolation #66) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:58 pm

Post by Miztef »

A little upfront with your opinion there aren't you VD?

just a few posts ago you were voting vollkan, yet now you basically saying you're fairly sure Paradox and DeathSauce are scum? Just seems a bit off to me, however I do agree that paradox and deathsauce are fine suspects.

Out of Vollkan or Trust, I want to say Trust is the more scummy, but frankly, I don't find either all that suspicious.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (isolation #67) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:26 pm

Post by Miztef »

@ VD: well, you... but if that's true then more then likely 1 or none of your suspects are scum.

Therefore, I'd have to say I find you, DeathSauce, and Paradox the most scummy, but not likely to be a scumgroup together. My forth choice would have to be a tie between Trust/ryan at this time.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (isolation #68) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:21 am

Post by Miztef »

I believe this game needs more evidence overall. We should start bandwagoning/voting with intent to lynch people we find scummy and get some more information.I've already tried paradox, but he's seems to busy to defend himself at this time anyway. I'll try up to try deathsauce or VD next. If not them, then Ryan or Trust are fine with me as well.

I'll send out a
unvote vote: DeathSauce
first, as some people already agree with me that he is one of the scummier ones. (Vollkan, ryan, VD)

Some of the evidence against DeathSauce can be read in post 514 by ryan. I will try to further build the case.
ryan wrote:DeathSauce: Thinks ABR is town (215) Wants to get new players imput to get some fresh perspective. Finds VD made a quick vote on ABR’s death and is suspicious. 502 again seems distracting and not much into finding scum. Basically just about ABR, being gone and doesn’t have anything to say. Also brings up the setup (again) eventually we are going to have to worry more about scum instead of the setup and numbers that are counterproductive and done (IMO) to look active when you really aren’t.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (isolation #69) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:51 am

Post by Miztef »

I understand the theory deathsauce, and thanks for pointing it out, I didn't realize we were so close to it.

It is also true, however, that the theory requires the quick succession of all the scums votes, or else the ones that do vote would be seen as scummy. This theory does make me more suspicious of you though, because 2 votes are on you and the scum have yet to pile on and win. This means one of these situations is probably true: ryan is scum, or that the scum don't wish to risk revealing themselves in this way, or that you are scum.

I also would like to add I don't feel that deathsauce and ryan are scumbuddies.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (isolation #70) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:11 am

Post by Miztef »

It's a possibility but blantly rushing into this is not the answer ryan. We should get more opinions from the town on this subject.

You, for example, have been accused of being scum many times. If you are scum, it easily explains why the rest of the scum haven't jumped on the bandwagon. It could also be that the scum can't co-odinate the 3 votes needed in a fashion quick enough to win without one of use unvoting.

Lastly, The possibility of a vig or SK or other NKer would mean the scum doesn't auto win in that situation.

Please refrain from drawing concludsions so quickly in the future.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (isolation #71) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:49 am

Post by Miztef »

I'm afraid that deathsauce's latest posts have made me even more suspicious also. I am happy with my vote on him, his desperate (vote me and lose) line makes me especially happy with lynching him.
Confirm vote: Deathsauce
unvote
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (isolation #72) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:12 am

Post by Miztef »

Well, I'll reveal it now, because it didn't seem to work.

That post where I put a confirm vote on deathsauce, had a teeny weeny unvote beside it. If a player had hammered deathsauce with little reasoning or whatnot, it would have failed, and most likely I would turn my attention to that player.

So, just to clarify, that confirm vote post was only a trap, I don't really think lynching deathsauce at this time is the right option, although I still have much suspicion for him.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (isolation #73) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:31 am

Post by Miztef »

Meh, to tell the truth, I wouldn't have completely minded if you were lynched anyway deathsauce.

I saw someone do it in another thread (it failed there, and the scum won) but I thought I'd try it out here anyway.

unvote
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (isolation #74) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by Miztef »

interesting VanDamien.

Going after me on ethnically views? I'm not sure what to think of it right now, but I find it hypocritical that you would vote me and say "If you think Death is scum, let logic prevail" in the same post.

Also, I don't think any scums strategy would be to collaberate on bringing down someone with them... because they don't want themselves to be under suspicion at all!

I'm gonna
vote: VanDamien
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (isolation #75) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:18 am

Post by Miztef »

Well put Vollkan.

First thing: I still believe deathsauce could be scum. If someone pro-town was willing to hammer him, then I think in all likelyhood, Deathsauce is scum, or we have some bad pro-town players. Therefore, the trap was most likely to fall on a scum imo. However, since the trap failed, I am leaning towards him being town.

This, in turn, leads me to believe that you (Vollkan) and other people on the death bandwagon are the most likely scum. This is because if Death is town, the scum were most likely already on the bandwagon, or noticed the trap.

However, on the reverse, if deathsauce is scum, then players outside the bandwagon are most likely scum.

Important:
My ploy was mostly for game progression. We were stuck, there was no new information, and players were just slugging around uninspiring info about why this and that person is slightly scummy. I did believe my ploy would be effective (in that, it would work if it actually counted as an unvote) and felt strongly that deathsauce was scum at that time anyway. Also, by "fail" in another game, I meant the scum noticing it, not the mod disregarding it, in case that was misintepreted.

In the end, my ploy has done little to harm the town, and has created a wealth of interesting info to look into. Games are no fun without risk.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (isolation #76) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:03 am

Post by Miztef »

@vollkan: I did not really believe it was a scum or town wagon, I was using the trap partly to figure that out.

If a town player was caught by my trap, then they would indeed be under heavy suspicion. However, the idea was, that if any scum were left to jump on the vote, they would and would win right then and there (since we are likely in LYLO). I don't believe a townie would hammer without good evidence of doing so, and therefore, if a townie did hammer, it is most likely that deathsauce is scum after all.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (isolation #77) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:41 am

Post by Miztef »

I completely understand any votes against me at this point, I am actually happy to see them because if it did not happen, this situation would be brought up later in the game and I'll be a too rusty on the specifics to do any sort of good defence.

In the game I mentioned, the exact situtation was endgame 2-1. One town was a newbie, the other a quite good player. The quite good one decided to use the unvote trap with his "vote" on the newbie. The scum noticed the trap and did not hammer for the supposed win. The good townie gathered some more evidence and then really voted the newbie. The scum hammered for the win.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (isolation #78) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:42 am

Post by Miztef »

I completely understand any votes against me at this point, I am actually happy to see them because if it did not happen, this situation would be brought up later in the game and I'll be a too rusty on the specifics to do any sort of good defence.

In the game I mentioned, the exact situtation was endgame 2-1. One town was a newbie, the other a quite good player. The quite good one decided to use the unvote trap with his "vote" on the newbie. The scum noticed the trap and did not hammer for the supposed win. The good townie gathered some more evidence and then really voted the newbie. The scum hammered for the win.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (isolation #79) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:50 am

Post by Miztef »

@ryan: Save my butt from what? I wasn't under any heavy scrutiny, I did it because I wanted to progress the game without just stating that I wanted to lynch Deathsauce. It's fine if you don't consider it a pro-town action, or unethical, but trying to save my butt is not what it was.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (isolation #80) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:57 am

Post by Miztef »

meh, I've got no defence left for it. I said exactly what I used it for, and why I did it.

I am sure one of the people voting for me is scum, maybe more, but I just can't tell which. My guess would be ryan, but that's just gut.

Deathsauce still looks scummy in my books, but because I used the trap with him as a "sacrifice" I can totally understand this as a pro-town action. I would be really angry with it myself.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (isolation #81) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:45 pm

Post by Miztef »

I was heavily suspicious of deathsauce at the time of the trap.

The trap could have gone both ways: Deathsauce is scum, and therefore it is unlikely scum would hammer, and if a pro-town player hammered deathsauce he would likely do so with good evidence and I would see if I agree with that person or not and hammer/not hammer myself, if that person did not show any good evidence, he/she is likely scum, and deathsauce would be town. This is because the scum would only do this with no evidence if it is a LYLO situation.

I realize that there are alot of risks and some flaws in my plan. However, it has led to alot of interesting and unique information being presented and so at least, even if you decide to lynch me, you'll have some valuable information from my crazed antics.

The plan was not well thought out enough, you have all pointed that out quite clearly, and I can honestly say there was little planning behind it on my part as well. I thought it would just be a cool way to spice things up a bit and get some more interesting intell. If it had actually worked, that would have been even better.

@Vollkan: I didn't want either lynched specifically at the time, it depended on the outcome of the trap.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (isolation #82) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by Miztef »

That is still a really tough question at this time.

There are some people who are high on my scumlist, but I don't have someone I truely feel is scum at this time.

Deathsauce, you (ryan), and VanDamien are all somewhat suspicious in my eyes, but I am also considering SC and trustgossip.

If I just got to pick who to lynch right now, I'd go with deathsauce. His whole reaction to my trap rubs me the wrong way, and I was suspicious of him even before my trap. All my arguements against him and my vote before the trap were quite true, although I was going a bit overboard in order to get the best reaction.

However, I would like to see SC and trustgossip have some input before anything too rash happens. That's why I'm not voting anyone at this time.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (isolation #83) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:27 am

Post by Miztef »

Ok, I wouldn't call it a complete blunder.... the major reason for it was generating information. It has done that to great extent, even if it has caused unnessasary suspicion on myself.

I admitted to the trap because I realized it wouldn't work the way I intended. In doing so, I managed to get a game that has 3-5 inactives going intensely, and made sure this didn't come up later when everyone would probably lynch me quite quickly.

My real question to all the suspicion against me is: How is the trap truely helpful to scum?

If deathsauce is town, then yes, there was problem that the trap may have killed him. However, I did expect the trap to work at first, and didn't really take into consideration this possibility as much as I could have. That was a mistake.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (isolation #84) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:22 am

Post by Miztef »

Firstly, @ryan: These pages aren't wasted, they are showing who is willing to vote for who and force the scum into unpredictable territory.

Well, a good townie wouldn't have hammered you without good reason! Unless a bad town player randomly just threw down the hammer, I doubt I could convince the town that the hammerer is very scummy (if I were scum).

The entire point of my trap was to leave some time for the scum to hammer and then be caught! Of course I left time for that to happen.

I wasn't afraid the trap would be found out, I realized it was more flawed then I had orginally thought, and considered that it maybe won't work (becuase of the mod not counting it) . So I revealed it because I didn't think it was worth hiding.

This pressure on me seems a bit too much at this point. I'm gonna go right ahead and
vote: DeathSauce

I am done defending the trap. ryan is right in that we need to get back to looking for scum, we are only restating things to each other now.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (isolation #85) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:28 am

Post by Miztef »

@Deathsauce: I believe what Paradox is pointing out is that the 2 major suspects here are you and I. If the town becomes convinced that either one of us is town, it is likely they will vote the other as scum.

At this point, I really think that one of Deathsauce or ryan is scum, possibly both.

Deathsauce would be taking the full frontal approach as scum, where he sees an opprotunity to lynch a faulted townie (myself) and is now finding any way possible to lynch me. If I do get lynched, he can easily say that there was enough evidence against me, and his attack was valid.

ryan sees that I am in a weakened posisition and likes that Deathsauce is leading the assualt (doesn't particularly matter if DS is scum/town). By just slipping in his vote and considering other things in the game, he can get away with lynching me and saying he wasn't really sure anyway.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (isolation #86) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:14 am

Post by Miztef »

Death is far from leading the charge against me?! Are you kidding?

VD barely had any input on the subject, expect that he felt it was unethical. Yes, he voted for me, but he was also open to other possibilities and still hasn't solidified his posistion on it.

You have said you agreed that it is a scummy thing to do, and that it deserves a vote, but you have hardly had any insight into the actual details of it.

Then we have Deathsauce, who has continually and consistantly called it scummy behavior and is adament on his posistion that I am scum, detailing everything he finds scummy about it and continually pressuring me about it.

Vollkan has also been questioning me about it, but in a more overall picture way, and isn't as rash as Deathsauce seems to be. I am somewhat confused as to why vollkan has not voted for me yet though, since his evidence against me seems to have mounted up quite heavily. My guess is he is waiting for input from the inactives/replacements.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (isolation #87) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:36 am

Post by Miztef »

Well sure, you have evidence against me. However, I feel that your actions are not as strong as Deathsauce's, like this (not a direct quote) "It's incomprehensible that you guys aren't voting miztef" attack. Post 631.

One of the major reasons everyone is suspicious of me is because I can't explain my trap clearly enough. There was alot of varibles with the trap, some of which I accounted for (the risk that a pro-town player might fall into it), some I did not (the risk that it would be ignored). However, in absolutely no case I can see could I have lynched a pro-town player and gotten away scott free. If a pro-town player had fallen into it, and lawrencelot didn't count it, Deathsauce would be dead under fairly good reasoning and I would still be under heavy scrunity for the trap (if I admitted it). If the trap would be counted, and somehow a pro-town player fell for it, well, they'd have some explaining to do. The entire idea was that a pro-town would explain their reasoning, a scum would not(because I used the trap with the assumption we were under likely LYLO).

bah, I don't even know why I'm trying to defend it anymore. I said I wouldn't anyway. It's just so frustating that some of you see it in such a negitive aspect, yet I don't understand why. It's just such a mess of varibles and "what if's".
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (isolation #88) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:05 am

Post by Miztef »

Actually, Deathsauce brings up an interesting point in his latest post.

The players voting with him against me are VD and ryan, both on his scum list (or at least were). I hadn't noticed it until now, but it is possible their actions are an attempt to make sure that if either of us is lynched (which seems likely at this time) they are on the survivor's townie list. This is especially true with ryan, who continually states how he believed I was pro-town until just recently, and now believes I need to be lynched. This gives him the wiggle room needed to look innocent no matter which of us is lynched today.

Major FOS: ryan
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (isolation #89) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Miztef »

@deathsauce: If a soccer player uses a great kick at goal, but the goalie just happens to be good enough to stop it, does that make it a bad kick?

That line is not a slip-up at all. This game has a much different situation. In that game, the tatic was used in an endgame definate LYLO situation. In this game I used it in a possible LYLO and with many players still left. In that game however, the player did use the tatic on the player he thought was much more scummy, to confirm that the other player wasen't scum (because the scum would have jumped at the chance and won the game). Unfortunatly the scum caught it and managed to do some final convincing for the win.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (isolation #90) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:47 pm

Post by Miztef »

meh, I don't mind giving the game link:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... c&&start=0

It was the first game I was ever in actually, and the only game that I was in that has finished.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (isolation #91) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:21 pm

Post by Miztef »

@Tornado:

about snichkin: I'll admit, I contradict myself at times, but it's because my opinion fluctuates... a lot. At that time, many people were growing suspicious of snichkin, and I came to understand where they were coming from. Also, the game (I believe) was stalling at that time, so any sort of pressure was a welcome help. That post 66 rule breaking was something I didn't look very closely at beforehand. I don't think I directly disagreed with it beforehand (it was a long time ago though, I can't really recall).

With ABR, alot happened and changed with him. He was quite the character, and it was very hard to read him correctly. There was a long period of time between those 2 posts and my opinion changed. I also believe snichkin wasn't posting much, so it was kinda pointless to keep at him when there was no info to be gained.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (isolation #92) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:02 am

Post by Miztef »

I feel bad for being the center of attention all the time, cause, honestly, I know my strategies/choices are most likely worse then the average player.

I don't really have a response to the specifics of the evidence (not sure if thats the right term here) presented against me. I forgot half of it and don't know all the details for the other half.

I'll just say this: I am a flexible and adaptive player. I rarely care about what I said 3 posts ago, if my opinion changed (which it very often does) I say so. Anyone who's played in other games with me would know that I am a very radical player and use crazy plans to get reactions. I feel that unpredictability is a key point in winning mafia, because good players know exactly how to react to all the regular stuff. Throw in some curve balls, and everyone's in new territory. That's what ABR tried to do, and unfortunately he went too overboard. However, I think his tactic made for an interesting D1, and, if executed better, could have created a very unsettled scum group.

So, yes, my plans are crazy, and sometimes I don't listen to others opinions on it (that #'s thing confused me though, and we did argue about it I believe). Also, yes, a lot of my actions seem contradictory to my earlier opinions, but that's due to my extra adaptive behavior.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (isolation #93) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:52 am

Post by Miztef »

I'm gonna go right ahead and FoS: ryan.

I was really suspicious of his vote on me, and he's the big lead for me right now. We are in a really desperate situation now though, so I won't vote until nessessary.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (isolation #94) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:09 am

Post by Miztef »

sure, I thought wouldn't have enough time, but it turns out I do.

Deathsauce and myself were going at it most of yesterday. Most of the time, you seemed to be on deathsauce's side. Since me and him are both town, either kill was fine for u, just had to pick a side. Your vote just seemed slipped in to me, so if I had died, you wouldn't have as much suspicion as Deathsauce. Vandamien was voting for u when he died, so it's possible you, or your scumbuddies, felt he could convince the town today to lynch you, so you had to be rid of him.

I am also slightly supicious of Vollkan and Paradox for lynching deathsauce. This would of course apply to me as well, but thats fine, its a valid suspicion.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (isolation #95) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:45 am

Post by Miztef »

Sir torando, its a valid point. It's an advantage to the scum to be rid of someone who is helping the town. Vandamien, from my perspective, is the only person who could have possibly been voting for scum, and the scum killed him. Therefore, scum would be getting an advantage by killing him over other players.

To my knowledge, no pro-town power roles were remotely close to being found, so that seems like the best course of action for the scum.

Also, that is only a small reason why I am FoSing ryan, earlier action in the game has kept me suspicious of him, and voting me just for that plan seems ridiculously scummy. At least deathsauce accused me due to my explaination of the trap/plan not the plan itself.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (isolation #96) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:30 am

Post by Miztef »

Voting is severely risky to me right now. We have (most likely) 3 scum, that means that 1 vote on a town by a town could mean all the scum jump on and win the game (this is likely LY/LO).

That jump vote gives me some incentive to believe you are scum paradox, it is way too premature. I don't have nearly enough of a read on SirTornado, Sweenytoad, and trustgossip to dare send a vote out in this situation, I don't see how anyone is willing this early in the day. (sorry for any name typos in advance)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”