Mini 436 - Game over - Mafia wins with no casualties!

Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2007 7:00 am

Post by Miztef »

I only defend her because so many of you try to say how scummy she is all the time, where as I don't believe so. She may be lurking, but I think thats due to personal reasons not as a game strategy. Until I see some decent evidence against hurrikaty, or the lurking proves to be quite intentional, I'm not voting her.

Mod edit
Votecount:
Hurrikaty 4 (DeathSauce, VanDamien, DogMom, Albert B. Rampage)
Albert B. Rampage 2 (Paradoxombie, ryan)
Paradoxombie 1 (vollkan)
Poison Ivy 1 (Miztef)
StallingChamp 1 (Poison Ivy)
DeathSauce 1 (StallingChamp)

Not voting 2: Tophat, Hurrikaty

With 12 alive it takes 7 votes to lynch.
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2007 7:06 am

Post by StallingChamp »

DeathSauce wrote:Okay, explain how any of those statements is "out of context"?
You just took every time he mentions HK in any post, and put them all there. Just because he happens to, in the middle of a post, mention that at that point he isn't feeling the HK wagon doesn't mean that he is defending her.
Show
[color=red][b][i]GO SENS GO[/b][/i][/color]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

High School Mafia coming soon to a Mini Theme Queue near you!
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2007 7:24 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Well, it looks like defending to me. And since Hurrikaty doesn't seem to see fit to defend herself, someone else leaping to the task strikes me as curious. In fact most of the time that someone tries to explain another player's actions, it makes a little 'ping' on my scumdar.

Like the way you jumped in for Miztef just now. 'Ping'
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2007 7:25 am

Post by StallingChamp »

Except I didn't defend or explain his actions at all...But even if I had, if I see craplogic being used, I will say it, no matter who it's targetted at.
Show
[color=red][b][i]GO SENS GO[/b][/i][/color]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

High School Mafia coming soon to a Mini Theme Queue near you!
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2007 7:39 am

Post by DeathSauce »

First it was "out of context", now it's "craplogic". I am not making a federal case out of it, I was simply asking Miztef a question. You don't find it curious that there are so many references to Hurrikaty's innocence? That's fine. I do.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2007 7:45 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I dislike Hurrikaty's lurking, but I'm getting the feeling she will post content soon anyway, I don't feel there is a need to pressure her more at this time.
If she were not to post any content from here to a week from now exactly (monday 27th), would you be willing to vote for her Miztef ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2007 11:03 am

Post by Miztef »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
I dislike Hurrikaty's lurking, but I'm getting the feeling she will post content soon anyway, I don't feel there is a need to pressure her more at this time.
If she were not to post any content from here to a week from now exactly (monday 27th), would you be willing to vote for her Miztef ?
It depends on whats happening in the game. But, if no one's posistion in the game changed during that 1 week period I would most likely vote for hurrikaty, because I would find Ivy more likely to be not interested in the game, where hurrikaty has promised us content soon. Making Hurrikaty the more scummy of the 2.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2007 11:12 am

Alright, so the waiting game begins...
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

Uh huh, and the chances now that Hurrikaty will post within the week are..........
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2007 12:21 pm

Close to nil. If we are talking about any real
content
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2007 3:31 pm

Post by vollkan »

Hurrikaty definitely needs to post something substantial. The fact that she has made one sentence posts is inadequate and it shows that she is aware of the game, but is not contributing.
I only defend her because so many of you try to say how scummy she is all the time, where as I don't believe so. She may be lurking, but I think thats due to personal reasons not as a game strategy. Until I see some decent evidence against hurrikaty, or the lurking proves to be quite intentional, I'm not voting her.
Why are you so sure it isn't a strategy? I don't for a second believe that it is a strategy, but you can't just dismiss the possibility. There are good reasons to be suspicious of Hurrikaty, as there are with any lurker. Until Hurrikaty posts something of some substance, there is every reason for people to think she is intentionally lurking.
DogMom
DogMom
Goon
DogMom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2007 12:39 am

Post by DogMom »

vollkan wrote:Hurrikaty definitely needs to post something substantial. The fact that she has made one sentence posts is inadequate and it shows that she is aware of the game, but is not contributing.
Why are you so sure it isn't a strategy? I don't for a second believe that it is a strategy, but you can't just dismiss the possibility. There are good reasons to be suspicious of Hurrikaty, as there are with any lurker.
Until Hurrikaty posts something of some substance, there is every reason for people to think she is intentionally lurking.
This, to me, is the important part. I've been in and read games where people lurk, and it's consistently thrown out that "scum wouldn't lurk, they're more involved in the game" - which IME is totally untrue.
I have every sympathy for Real Life Gets In The Way Of Online Gaming. However, we all have to remember that the words on the screen don't appear by magic - they're put there by other persons. When you commit to an online game that requires large amounts of interaction, such as mafia, you are
making a commitment to several other people, as well.
You're making a commitment to play to the best of your ability - and if Real Life interferes with that, or you forget about it, or just don't feel like it anymore, hey, there's an option. It's called "replacement".
Popping in on occasion to post "hey, still here" and that's it isn't good gameplay, it doesn't help the town because it doesn't give us anything concrete to look at, and it's
very
anti-town.
I'd rather lurkers or "occasional drive-by posters" be replaced than lynched, but if they post fluff just often enough to avoid the auto-replace, and don't actually post content, then we need to consider that maybe they aren't just exhibiting anti-town behavior - maybe their role IS anti-town.
[i]I am my dog's sock puppet.[/i]
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2007 2:48 am

Post by ryan »

DogMom: I tend to agree with you on this (after playing some current games where this is happening) I think replacing is better than having them lynched because of lack of content. I'd like to see some insight from HurriKaty or have her replaced, but either or needs to happen soon (especially with this deadline) I'm guessing we couldn't get somebody in her place before Day 1 ends, so if possible before Day 2 OR HurriKaty has to step it up (soon)
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
DogMom
DogMom
Goon
DogMom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2007 3:06 am

Post by DogMom »

Well, I dunno - there's another week and a half before the deadline, right? It's
conceivable
we could get a replacement by then.
I'm also hoping that PI either bows out or starts
posting
soon.
[i]I am my dog's sock puppet.[/i]
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2007 3:24 am

Post by DeathSauce »

@ryan: WHAT? Why the hell would Hurrikaty be replaced? She has said she is "RIGHT HERE" and has "posted more in the past few days".

I don't see how she is cleared even if she suddenly starts posting eleven paragraph PBPAs. It is apparent that she has been lurking AS A STRATEGY and now that strategy has failed. Only a complete fool would continue a behavior that has been called out and identified as anti-town.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2007 3:33 am

Post by DeathSauce »

@Miztef - You originally said that we should "force" the player seen as most scummy to place the hammer vote on ABR. If a consensus is reached that Hurrikaty should place the hammer vote, do you still support that strategy?
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2007 6:29 am

Post by ryan »

DeathSauce wrote:@ryan: WHAT? Why the hell would Hurrikaty be replaced? She has said she is "RIGHT HERE" and has "posted more in the past few days".

I don't see how she is cleared even if she suddenly starts posting eleven paragraph PBPAs. It is apparent that she has been lurking AS A STRATEGY and now that strategy has failed. Only a complete fool would continue a behavior that has been called out and identified as anti-town.
But as has been said before, real life takes over mafia games all the time and I don't believe she's intentionally shafting the game or lurking. Lack of posting doesn't all equal scum (my thoughts only)
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2007 7:01 am

Post by DeathSauce »

We are using the same term differently. By "lurking" I don't mean "not posting".

Lurking by the other definition is to post just often enough to appear to be participating, without adding anything meaningful to the discussion.

This is anti-town behavior, as it gives no fresh perspective, no information for the town, and gives us no insight on her views on other players if she is NK'd.

For what reason do you not believe she is intentionally posting this way? You have no better insight than what she has posted in the thread. What makes you trust her intentions in a game based on mistrust?
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2007 7:05 am

Post by ryan »

I just think a replacement player is better than us voting off a potential fellow townie. I don't have a clue by her posts if she's pro or anti town, that is very true, but I also don't want to vote off a potential townie and drop our numbers and make it easier for the mafia to win
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2007 7:16 am

Post by DeathSauce »

I also don't want to vote off a potential townie and drop our numbers and make it easier for the mafia to win
Thanks, but I hope that would be obvious. What is your opinion of Miztef's apparent (to me) defense of Hurrikaty? Do you agree with StallingChamp's analysis that I took her quotes out of context?
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2007 7:27 am

Post by ryan »

Miztef's defense does raise an eyebrow. He speaks about her personal life as if he's saying he knows her.....which makes me wonder a little bit. If ya know her personally Miztef, give her a nudge, we could use some different insight and her lurking is starting to put her on my scumdar.

StallingChamp's analysis was interesting. Taking something out of context happens all the time on these forums, it's tough not to as you are reading what somebody is typing and they could be saying it one way and you taking it the other. I don't think he was attacking you, just making a statement and not really a scummy one (in my opinion) more of an observation if you will.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2007 7:30 am

Post by ryan »

Honestly VD and Tophat have been the two that have been very silent the past three pages after posting quite a bit in the first pages
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2007 7:30 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Oops, Miztef is a "him". My apologies!
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2007 7:33 am

Post by ryan »

DeathSauce wrote:Oops, Miztef is a "him". My apologies!
I knew who you meant :wink:
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2007 8:26 am

Post by Miztef »

I don't know hurrikaty personally, but she is the moderator in another game I am in, and her posts coincide with her posts in that game, which leads me to believe she just hasn't had the time to fully post.

Everyone, including myself, is a potential hammerer for the ABR lynch (if it comes to that).

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”