Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:03 pm

Post by Tam »

Awww we lost a cute little freaky looking dude. :( That sucks.

Hmmm...where is everybody? I'm waiting for everyone to post before I vote at all.
Tam
[url=http://maddox.xmission.com/tictacs.html]Bush or Tictacs?[/url]
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:34 am

Post by Tam »

willows_weep wrote:Tam:Youre waiting for everyone to post? That's not going to influence your vote or anything right?

Hrmmm isn't that what we are supposed to do? Talk and listen to the others and form opinions based on what we hear from everyone? Or did I miss something? :shock:
willows_weep wrote:Dunno...the way you say that makes me feel that you possibly have the space to be free with your vote...
Ummmm, what? Sorry, I just don't understand this whole sentence.
willows_weep wrote:Why does it have to be a little freaky looking dude? :D
Weren't those the Transylvanians? The little freaky dudes at the party?
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:13 am

Post by Tam »

willows_weep wrote:My whole post there would be more coherent if it was a face to face conversation.

I need to find a way to be understood/get what I am saying across better on this site...
How funny. I tend to do the same thing at times. I have a friend that once told me that he could understand my emails a lot better if he read them out loud like I was talking to him. :D

No worries, I was just a bit confused. :)

(And yep, I did forget that not all the party goers were little people. The first time I saw the movie I was 4, and somehow there are certain aspects of this movie that seem overly surreal to me. That is one of them. :D My bad.)
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:02 am

Post by Tam »

willows_weep wrote:hmm maybe if players are feeling this way they may want to check me out in Sword of Truth mafia? Mini 79.

When I know a lot about the theme of a game I am exited. Everything I know about it constantly runs through my head. And I do inform the other players of these thoughts as they come.
I was in that game with ww and that is why i hadn't been thinking ww suspicious yet. Maybe a little bit more excited, but I think the last one was kinda hard to get our heads around.

BUT, this in no way means that I think she's innocent, just that I don't know yet.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:45 pm

Post by Tam »

Orbiting wrote:On the other hand, Narninian, it looks like your suspicions are all we have at the moment. If you are not, in fact, scum yourself :-P

unvote: Narninian, vote: Carmine

If she's innocent, we can get Narninian tomorrow...
Right. After he just posted with
Narninian wrote:UNVOTE: Carmine

I dont know enough for a lynch - if she's claiming she's an innocent townie with out a night action. Ill know more tommorow.

so its back to the drawing board for me, Ill look it over some more.
Narninian stated quite clearly that he's not sure, you can't then say, "If Carmine's innocent then we'll hang Narninian! He'll surely be scum!"

It just doesn't work like that. Not at this stage, anyhow. My initial gut reaction was that you are a baddie and saw an opportunity where you 'thought' you could get two innocents lynched easily. You just didn't judge the situation correctly.
Big FOS Orbiting
for simply being the most suspcious. :D
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:59 pm

Post by Tam »

OK. maybe this will work. I am going to make this short and sweet.

I think WW is acting naturally, given her behavior in Mini 79 SoT with me.
This is, however, the only mafia game I've been in with her.

I think frog gurl's posts are suspicious too. They seem...scripted or something.

I will not vote at this time.

Oh, and please explain to me what you two (froggurl and willows_weep) keep saying exactly when you say I sound like 'i can be free with my vote' or whatnot. I honestly don't understand what you're getting at, as everyone is free with their voting choice. But if there are two of you who feel the same way, maybe I should look into it. :)

Thanks.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:59 pm

Post by Tam »

Yay! Thanks, quick reply works fine :) I was at least one of the ones who pmed the mod about site problems.

Cheers!
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:22 pm

Post by Tam »

Yay! People are talking! Keep going! ;)

I'm around for a bit, but I am trying to get some work finished before tomorrow morning hits. (I was out 4 days last week from work and I am the only one who does my job, so it doesn't get picked up by others while I'm gone, it builds up.) :shock:

Anyhow, I'll check here every now and then, let's try and keep a chat going...I don't really have the time to reread the thread or anything, but maybe next week.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:00 pm

Post by Tam »

willows_weep wrote: ICK!
Tam you hadn't understood even after you asked the first time?
I would have tried to explain it again...
Right. My bad. Actually, I am on heavy painkillers for a few more days now, so bear with me. In reality, I did get an answer from you last time and being on pain meds I totally spaced it out :oops: Sorry. :) I guess I just never really understood where in my posts you got that impression. Not a big deal anyhow. :)
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:59 am

Post by Tam »

OK, froggurl, I just don't follow your reasoning here. In response to my question you are saying that last time you were a mafia you voted a lot...which explains what you meant now by 'free with my vote' but not why you got that impression, since I have yet to even random vote anyone, much less throw my vote around frivolously.

I can see the logic in throwing a few lines out there to see if you get any bites, but FOSing half the game isn't going to make any baddies come out. We need to apply pressure to one player, maybe two, and see who squirms, i think.

Also, no matter how new or inexperienced a player is, they are more helpful talking and throwing their two cents in, as opposed to hiding in the corner. :) Please don't feel you shouldn't contribute just because it makes us react.

(I don't want a roleclaim from you either, for what it's worth.)

I'm still a bit suspicious of you, but no vote yet. I really want a little more explanation on the 'free vote' comment. Sorry, I'm just not satisifed with the above. In itself, I know it's a very silly point, but I am very suspicious of the amount of time it's taking you to explain it. Also, you coming up with an explanation that is completely backwards left me even more doubtful. :?
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:55 am

Post by Tam »

Narninian wrote: Ok - let me clear things up - Carmine, if you're protown do you have a night action? If so it would help us out if you let us know - (you dont have to say your role, but just if you have a night action or not)...
Well, obviously you found out Carmine was out somewhere last night. Though, what makes you think that if Carmine was a baddy, she'd up and say it? I mean, if she's bad, all she has to do is say "Yes, I am protown with a night action" and you'd take that?

I am not sure what to think about you and the whole Carmine thing at this point. I tend to believe you and just think you maybe jumped the gun a bit with your role info, but it still seems off somehow...
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:11 am

Post by Tam »

First off, lemme say that I will be away all weekend camping, so won't have any access at all.

Well, at first glimpse, I really only thought that was flavor for the mod to use from the movie. But combined with the fact that Brad was mafia...leads me to wonder if they don't recruit. Maybe he was a recruit (from Night 1, I guess). Especially the fact that it says he is in the Transylvanian Mafia. That just reeks of recruitment to me, as in the movie he isn't in any way on their side. They wholly creep him out actually(except Franky, who beds him, I guess). I dunno. Just a thought.

Also, I want to point out that the fact that the mod did say he was specifically Transylvanian mafia--makes me think of two more things.

1- this isn't right.
willows_weep wrote:Mabe there isn't anything to base this on...like so far trans. folk have been town and earthling have been mafia.
though on the surface it appears that way, and I definitely would have thought that
except
for the mod pointing it out like that.

Which also brings up,
willows_weep wrote:What about that last scene... with brad and janet and the doctor outside of the house?
Perhaps its those people?
But then why would the group be called the Transylvanian Mafia? None of them are Trans. :)

2- I wonder if there aren't two mafia groups. Otherwise, why would the mod point it out specifically in the first place? :)

Any thoughts? My first one is that having two mafia groups
AND
recruiting in a mini game is all a bit much, probably. :?
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:31 pm

Post by Tam »

OK, I am sorry, ww, but I have to admit. I really don't understand your reasoning.

I said that none of those 3 people were Trans., meaning Transylvanian...not transexual.
willows_weep wrote:So then it would also make sense to be an earthling as a transylvanian!
But also allow for our recruiting ideas and or very interesting abilities and rules
Transylvania was the planet they came from, right? To be Transylvanian, you'd have to be born there, and therefore cannot be a human from Earth.
willows_weep wrote:Wait..if there are two mafias and recruiting..and if brad was recruited what would that make the basis of the mafia?
Thats what I am meaning by the part you're saying is wrong Tam.

What I mean by that sentence was (without thinking of recruitment) ...o

ohohohohh
Wait...Your sentence after the last thing you quoted from me Tam...

Quote:
Tam wrote:But then why would the group be called the Transylvanian Mafia? None of them are Trans.

Exactly!!! Transexual transylvania right?
Trans is like changing....You are at one point this one thing, and then you are another thing as well.
hm let me make another post
:shock:
Um...huh? I'm sorry, I honestly don't follow any of this. I'm afraid that the two of us, with our awesome communication skillz! are not getting our points across again. :oops:

If anything, like you said, we have two mafia groups and 1 kill. It should make *more* sense if we think about recruiting. I have been in games before where there were two mafia groups, but they could only kill/recruit on alternate nights.

I've also been in a lovely vampire game (courtesy of Gin) where the mafia tried to recruit every night, and had like a 50% chance of failing. They either recruited them, or killed them.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:55 pm

Post by Tam »

PopsicleStix wrote: "...You've come to this party, and at first you're pretty scared, but now that you've stayed a while, you realize it's not so bad, and don't really mind sticking around. Although, you haven't seen Brad lately, wonder what's happened to him?..."

I didn't want to give my role away but I might have in that quote, oh well I don't mind...
It's okay, Janet. I don't see much harm in knowing your role name.

Oh, and I take this to mean that they didn't recruit him. You did say this was with your
role
info, right? So it sounds more like he was taken by them and recruited, but before the game started, so there's not actually any game mechanic in play. Nice twist. :)
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:27 am

Post by Tam »

willows_weep wrote:Oh I was just thinking of the possibilities presented by the word Trans in general
blah heh I suppose it doesnt really matter.
Its just thinking about possibilities based on word def. and such.

I think I will be quiet for a while and just...I dont know...I dont like being confusing.
Oops, no. Really, I didn't mean that. I am so sorry you took it like that. That wasn't my intention. :( It was very interesting stuff, I just couldn't see why at the end of it all you said that was what proved me wrong. I still don't see the connection.

I didn't mean so much that you are confusing, more that I am confused. :?
nonny wrote:They were engaged yes, which means either pops is lieing or it is a cult recruiting type thing.
No, actually, pops says that was in his role info, which means no recruiting. So
IF
he is lying, it's a recruiting thing. If he's truthful, it's just the mod's sneaky way to get characters we wouldn't suspect into the mafia. I'd imagine that it means we can't really trust that any role will be good or bad, which in my opinion makes for a more interesting game. :)

Anyhow, this is my last post! Have a great weekend all!
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:40 am

Post by Tam »

OK, I am back and caught up and all. (Sick too from being rained on all weekend long and having a flooded cabin and no dry clothes, though.)

Um, one thing I want to make clear, Carmine-
Carmine wrote: When Brad turned out to be mafia, I figured it was more a case of a game construction in which there are limited "obviously evil" roles and so the mod decided to mix it up a little (and give role-claiming bad guys a chance). If the information that Brad had disappeared was indeed in Janet's role-name it would seem to me that he was bad before the game started, ie was a member of the mafia at the break of game. Janet's claimed role-information would strengthen the case
against
him having been recruited, I would have thought. Plus, there wasn't anything about emotion having gained control on the first daybreak post...

I was going to vote for Willows_Weep, because her minute dissections of the film are simply confusing me. Then I thought I might vote for Tam, 'cause she's been encouraging the perpetuation of this confusion ;).
Then
I thought I'd vote for Narinian, 'cause it seemed to me that he was hinting at some sort of useful role yesterday, and he'd be a prime target for recruitment.
If you actually go back and read my posts, you'll see that I was the first one to point out that her getting the Brad info in her opening role pm meant that there was no recruiting. I stated that it made me think he had been recruited 'before the game began,' therefore not in any way recruited in-game. I have been wondering where all this has been coming from, maybe I didn't make my post very clear. I just dont see where the recruiting thing is still coming in. :? It seems quite obvious that it was before the game started.

On the subject of Popsiclestix, I don't really see anything that suspicious with him roleclaiming. I would probably roleclaim, too if I was a normal townie, not too important, and had info that could benefit the town.

Is there any other reason that you guys are voting him? I really don't think that's a good point.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:16 am

Post by Tam »

Janet is the doctor?

Does your role tell you how that is? What exactly do you do?

I don't buy it.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:56 am

Post by Tam »

Good point.

I forgot something.

Vote Popsiclestix
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #19) » Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:17 pm

Post by Tam »

Yeah, I agree. The doc is not stupid enough to come out on Day 2. That is nearly the most compelling point against him. It's simply not true.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #20) » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:15 am

Post by Tam »

fishbulb wrote:I'm still thinking on the situation, and if anyone can convince me that Janet could be evil, then I still might vote. But the more I think about it, the less likely I think it is that Brad and Janet were in the mafia together... unless there is recruiting involved (which is looking less likely by the minute).

Without revealing your role, does anyone have any extra info on Janet, similar to Janet's info on Brad?
Could anyone have convinced you that Brad was evil? (before we found out he was)

If he's so innocent, why will he not answer the questions? We've asked time and again. I am sure it's because he has no answer for them.

He screwed up. Big time. Very simple. :)
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #21) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:58 am

Post by Tam »

PopsicleStix wrote: If someone has some other information they would like to provide saying that I am not the doctor please come forward becuase if I am truly scum then someone else must have some information that we do not already know...
Riiiiight. "So hey, Real Doctor--Come forward and roleclaim so I can take you down with me!" is what you really meant, right? :P

(Oh, If the doctor comes forward, I will *not* be amused.)

Does noone else see the huge red and white target on his head that says MAFIA SCUM? I swear it keeps getting bigger...

I'm starting to actually become suspicious of the people who are bending over backwards to let him speak. He's had a few chances. He used them to say even scummier things, why keep your votes and urge him to speak some more? (Though, at this point, you never know, he could screw up and tell us another scumbuddy's name or something...hmm)
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #22) » Thu May 06, 2004 1:31 pm

Post by Tam »

I agree that the lips seem to have been protown, but how about Janet?

Why in hell did pops claim doctor if he was a normal townie? :shock:

Maybe he wanted out of the game for some reason? How odd...

And yes, that is pretty cool, I hadn't even thought of the lips.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #23) » Fri May 07, 2004 6:19 pm

Post by Tam »

On a totally unrelated note--

I didn't get Fishbulb's avatar/name before earlier today, when I saw an old rerun of the Simpsons :D

that one is hilarious! A classic!
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #24) » Sat May 08, 2004 5:42 pm

Post by Tam »

You left off a few. :)
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #25) » Tue May 11, 2004 5:07 pm

Post by Tam »

OK, since two people seem to think this, let me ask that you show me where I have talked more off-topic than others. Frankly, I think this seems pretty scummy. Carmine's post was one thing, but Nanook's is odd. Not wanting to vote earlier for people who actually had reasons they may look bad, but hopping when Carmine says this...
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #26) » Thu May 13, 2004 6:00 am

Post by Tam »

Well, i'm at work and only just had time to scan posts, but I did see this:
Fishbulb wrote:I can't help but notice both of you are ignoring the whole Tam thing. Not even commenting on it. Trying to distract everyone?
I think you're trying desperately to act like others are 'ignoring the thing' against me. But really, let's be honest. The case is against you. The only reason (that I've seen) for anyone voting me is simply because I have posted off-topic a few times. Clutching at straws, fishbulb?

Also,
Fishbulb wrote:Did not want to vote for PopsicleStix: She new he was innocent, and probably thought he was a doctor. Only scum knowing who the rest of the scum were could think he was innocent after PopsicleStix's messed up posts. --Trying to stay clean from an innocent (and possibly doctor) lynching.
I was very adamant about lynching him. I was *very clear* that I thought he was guilty.
This is a bold-faced lie.

Vote Fishbulb

Also, thanks for trying to elaborate, Carmine. All I can say is that I started this game very excited because of the theme and have been genuinely confused all to hell by willows_weep's posts. I am not sure why my posts have made hers worse, though. I've only been trying to get clarification on her ideas.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #27) » Thu May 13, 2004 3:54 pm

Post by Tam »

Hmmm...I would like to hear more from Fishbulb. Also to apologise to him, I was a total wreck today and shouldn't have been left near the computer. :?

I think Fishbulb may have a valid claim. I mean it sounds perfectly pheasible, in character and all.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #28) » Fri May 14, 2004 2:11 am

Post by Tam »

I have been wondering about willows_weep as well. She does act a little suspicious, but the thing is that I've played with her before and the confusion seems pretty normal...but it does seem a bit worse this time (enough to make me trying to figure it out look like i'm only adding to confusion, and enough for me to still not really get what she meant for a lot of it) Then again, how do you gauge 'a bit worse' based on one other game?

Anyhow, fishbulb i still want to hear from, and I'm not ready to vote for willows_weep quite yet anyhow.

I think a good point has been drawn though. He may very well have that role but still be evil. Do you really have no clue what it is that you'll do once you find Eddie? What exactly (without quoting) does your win condition say?
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #29) » Fri May 14, 2004 2:25 am

Post by Tam »

I've been thinking. I still can't get why Brad's blurb said he was Transylvanian Mafia. It just seems like overkill, unless there are two groups. But I can't really see that many baddies..

It's clear (if we believe Janet) that he started out a baddie already (the info that he'd wandered off was in her role pm, not a night results pm) and so maybe the mod randomly chose characters for the baddies here.

Though I think it most likely that Magenta and Riff Raff are the Transylvanian Mafia, and the mod needed a 3rd member, so made up the scenario of him wandering off and being drawn in. (He was the most vulnerable character in the movie, Janet was much stronger than he was.)

Anyhow, just speculation, it's just one of those things that keeps nagging at me. Why would the mod distinguish it like that?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just saw WW's post, and I'd like you to clarify please. You have info that means that Fishbulb is
definitely
anti-town? Or you just think he is, based on info you have?
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #30) » Fri May 14, 2004 2:45 pm

Post by Tam »

Fishbulb wrote:
Tam wrote:Also to apologise to him, I was a total wreck today and shouldn't have been left near the computer.
No problem. Except that was why you voted for me and yet it is still there...
Actually, I voted you for because I was very interested in hearing more info on your role mechanics. It's extremely hard to tell if you are good or bad. I don't doubt you are hunting Eddie, but is it to kill him? ;)

It's just very hard to tell. At any rate, you seem to have told us everything you know, and for the moment I guess I believe you.

Unvote Fishbulb

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
willows_weep wrote: lots of stuff
:shock:

You know, I can't understand most of that, but...the bits I do (think) I understand are mostly your opinions and you making up rules then using them as facts...unless I'm reading it wrong? :roll: It appears that halfway through you just entered the idea that Brad and Scott are both mafia
willows_weep wrote:-Think back about the morality issue we brought up earlier. Brad is mafia. Not recruited. If conclusion is right then Scott is mafia. Not recruited.
then went from then on like it was fact...
willows_weep wrote:-Recruiting idea tossed out awhile ago. Idea fostered by Fishbulb?(Find out when and who is still interested)
-Who would work with Scott and Brad? (Find what characters would be linked to both and why. Test out morals)
Ummm..he's still alive, we don't know if he's bad yet...in fact, I think I believe him.

I'd vote you right now if it weren't for you (I think) claiming vig. I will try and look at your post a bit closer later. Right now I'm just too confused. :?
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #31) » Sun May 16, 2004 2:00 pm

Post by Tam »

The 'lots of stuff' thing was me paraphrasing. Sorry, I meant to make it <lots of stuff> but forgot.

I, for one, am still waiting to hear from WW about the little things we've pointed out.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #32) » Mon May 17, 2004 5:24 pm

Post by Tam »

Well, frankly I'm a bit confused. I'm thinking Fishbulb's roleclaim sounds reasonable, but he could still be a baddie, out to kill Eddie, (or something worse when he finds him).

As far as WW, I do think she works the hardest to get things going, get the ideas flowing, but I also think she does tend to confuse and may very well be using that to muddle us up. Suddenly I keep thinking of HP, where she was the SK and still posted the same way.

I'll think on it and vote tomorrow.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #33) » Wed May 19, 2004 1:12 am

Post by Tam »

Well, I think I'll trust Fishbulb for now, and
vote willows_weep

I think she's maybe using the confusion to her advantage, and I just don't see her as the vig. I don't think her posts coincide with that at all.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #34) » Wed May 19, 2004 2:01 am

Post by Tam »

Just out of curiosity, Fishbulb...IF she's truthful about trying to kill you, do you have any idea why it didn't go through?

(If you've answered this already, sorry, I just can't be assed to go back and look right now.)
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #35) » Wed May 19, 2004 12:32 pm

Post by Tam »

Well, that looks like a lynch.
(even if Fishbulb's vote doesn't get counted 'cause he unvoted backwards-I think we have an extra vote in there)

'Night people!
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #36) » Wed May 19, 2004 2:17 pm

Post by Tam »

I meant that he tried to vote WW, and forgot to unvote, then unvoted, but didn't vote WW after that...which I see you didn't count.

Also, you've left DP's vote off of WW. (Unless I missed something)
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #37) » Thu May 20, 2004 2:05 am

Post by Tam »

I give up, I am so lost with th vote count. :shock:
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #38) » Thu May 20, 2004 2:43 am

Post by Tam »

*wonders what WW wanted to post so badly 10 hours ago and never did*
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #39) » Thu May 20, 2004 3:39 am

Post by Tam »

Yeah, for some odd reason (probably blondeness and exhaustion combined) I had thought that DP's vote was on WW in the previous count, hence my cryptic (1) post. :oops:

(1) cryptic=silly
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #40) » Sun May 23, 2004 1:16 pm

Post by Tam »

Eep! We've lost the vig and the cop all at once. :( OK, we aren't doing all that well, people. We've only gotten one mafia, and have lost our vig, assorted townies and our investigator. :shock:

I'd say of the last 6, 2 are probably mafia. (I've never heard of a 2 person mafia,(1) but then I haven't heard of a lot of things.) :D

SK? Hmmm...we can still have a SK I s'pose...in which case we're very nearly screwed. :cry:

Before we go much further, I'd like to ask Fishbulb-
Who'd you target last night? and how did it go? Do you get any feedback at all if you don't pick Eddie, or just nothing until you do?

This is my pet list of who I think the remaining people are/could be-

Columbia (probably protown based on Franky and Magenta being good)
Riff Raff (maybe good, but questionable)
Eddie (probably good, based on Columbia being good)
Dr. Scott - Fishbulb(?) (hopefully protown, but not confirmed-hunting Eddie)
Rocky (probably protown based on Franky being good)

One spot left, and I doubt it'd be the Narrator, since he's been narrating..but you never know.

(1) Except when there were two 2-person mafias
Fishbulb wrote:In regards to last night... Anyone have a clue what "Lassie-type" means?
Read the blurb on the first page. I know, I was clueless at first, too. :)

I am torn. I find still that I keep seeing NanooktheWolf and Carmine as being all buddy-buddy, but I honestly can't tell if it's Nanook trying to look agreeable, or them both in cahoots...or just my imagination. :P I'm also wondering about Narninian, as he hasn't really participated much since claiming that odd 'sorta confirm Carmine's innocent' type role thing...which we still don't know whether we can trust. (After all, we did have a plain townie try to claim doctor) :roll:

If it was only based on Carmine saying that she had no night choice, Carmine could very well have just realised (because of me and my big mouth) that he needed the opposite answer from her. I know she's intelligent enough to have picked up on that.

No vote yet...thinking..
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (isolation #41) » Sun May 23, 2004 1:28 pm

Post by Tam »

Bah, I just realised my potential people list has almost everyone being 'probably good' :lol:

The problem being that with Janet good and Brad bad, I'm having trouble figuring out who would be bad with Brad. (Franky would have been my next guess as to being Brad's GF, but...)

I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't all random. (I've known mods to use the Randomizer to choose which roles are bad when it's a very tight-knit group of characters or whatnot.)
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (isolation #42) » Sun May 23, 2004 1:51 pm

Post by Tam »

Nah, I've played enough games with Carmine to know she's as sneaky (and smart) as they come. It was nothing she did, really. I just keep getting this feeling like Nanook is buddying up with her. It seems like when Carmine votes someone/brings a point up, she does too, even saying things like "I agree with this point, whoever came up with it, (Carmine I think)" (1) which makes me think she's following her, but wanting to make it look as though she isn't really connected.

(1) This is not an exact quote, but I just saw it not 10 minutes ago, going back over the thread.

Also, thanks for your fast reply to my questions, FB, it helps me a little to think of you as being more protown.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #43) » Sun May 23, 2004 1:58 pm

Post by Tam »

Hmmm ok, just saw Narninian's post...I have to say that Carmine's smart enough to have realised that's the answer you wanted, after me and (forgot who) screwed it up and pointed it out. Also, I don't quite follow your logic.

You blocked her- this doesn't mean she has or doesn't have a night choice though. How would her saying she did have one make her guilty? She could be the doctor, out protecting people for all you knew.

I'm not saying that she's bad, like I said, with her, it's very hard to tell, and all the suspicion I have falls on Nanook's behavior, not hers. Just that I don't see how your asking her about her night choices had any way of trapping her. (even had I not made it obvious what answer you wanted)

Please explain.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #44) » Mon May 24, 2004 12:58 pm

Post by Tam »

Well, that's good enough for me. (that plus what I know) :D

I take it that when you ask everyone not to vote, you mean other than for Fishbulb. :lol:

What say we mass roleclaim? I think this should be interesting.

Carmine? Whatcha think? Of the players left, even though I know how sneaky you can be, I trust you most at this point. I have reason to distrust Fishbulb, the reasons behind which will become obvious if we mass roleclaim. :D
DP wrote:Nice try, except it is not true, as anyone bothering to re-read the thread will see. I actually defended WW. Stop digging Fishbulb...
You know, I looked back and read your posts and couldn't see what he was talking about. I am thinking he was trying to get a fast lynch before we had a chance to think.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #45) » Tue May 25, 2004 2:45 am

Post by Tam »

I'm waiting for my roleclaim, for a reason, guys.

I'm much more interested in Nanook speaking, I think. Has she spoken at all today?

Come on with the roles people. :D
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #46) » Tue May 25, 2004 3:06 am

Post by Tam »

Well, Fishbulb, can you explain why you accused him of 'setting the lynch up' at the start of the day. I really went back and didn't see evidence of that anywhere.

That's one of the strongest points against you and for him. It really looked like you were trying to get us to lynch him fast before we knew what happened.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #47) » Tue May 25, 2004 7:03 am

Post by Tam »

Well, I'm not sure if Nanook has forgotten us, or is lurking, but just yesterday she posted 7 times elsewhere and apparently has been just as active all weekend.

I'd pm her and nudge her, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to, it being daytime correspondance of some type.

mod-
Can we get a prod for her? I think everyone else has at least made an appearance today.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #48) » Wed May 26, 2004 2:16 pm

Post by Tam »

Actually, if you look, Fishbulb, I suggested the mass roleclaim. You know, I was really torn between you two.

However, as I went back to my role pm, I noticed this-

Fishbulb- I'm Meatloaf, the word Eddie does not appear at all in my role description. Therefore, I'm going to assume that you made that role up, as there should be no Eddie in this game for you to hunt down.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #49) » Thu May 27, 2004 9:23 am

Post by Tam »

I admit that I thought it odd that everyone else has incharacter names and I don't, but I'll tell you the other part that made me think that you are scum after me.

I'm the doctor. :P

I'm a satanic mechanic, just like in the movie, but here it seems to be people and not cars. (I know, a bit of a stretch but that's the role.)

I felt very bad after this endgame started and I looked back at my role and night choices, because I realised that I protected you the night she tried to kill you. :(

I really thought it was the night before that, but it wasn't.

However, all this proves to me is that you are not necessarily the GF.
And yes, I wanted to believe you when you claimed you were 'good' and hunting me, but I've been very wary of you and DP's coming straight out with his info made up my mind.

Your logic is flawed. If DP wanted to lynch you sooooo bad, why would he ask us not to vote for you or anyone else yet? :P I was ready to throw on my vote that night.

I wanted to wait with my claim because of a few things.
I was waiting to hear back from Jeep about whether or not I can protect myself,
I realised that my role said nothing about Eddie, and wanted to see if someone else would claim it, and
I wanted to see if someone else would claim doctor. I waited long enough to see that didn't happen.

Oh, and you're now saying that your role mechanics are fake? Just because you were looking for "Eddie" doesn't mean he's in the game?

Riiiiiiiiight. The mod just gave you a dud role that does
nothing.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #50) » Fri May 28, 2004 2:15 am

Post by Tam »

You know, I didn't hear anyone else claim doctor, either, Fishbulb.

I am the doctor. There hasn't been one yet. This is even more clear-cut than DP's defense, seeing as we have already had a semi-doctor role.

Ever played a game with no doctor? :P

Carmine, WW was the vig and attacked Fishbulb because she tried to kill him and he lived. I have been protecting DP most of the game, except one night when I chose to protect Fishbulb (the night after he claimed to be looking for me) I should have, but didn't go back and check my night choices to make sure it was the same night. Frankly, I thought she was scum and didn't believe her vig claim. :(

The problem I'm having is that I am not *positive* that it's Fishbulb and not DP. My money's on Fishbulb being the scum because he claims to be hunting me and for some unknown reason, the mod did name me after the actor and not the character. No, I don't know why, but, there isn't an Eddie for him to claim to be looking for. Even if the mod screwed up on my role and didn't mean to use Meatloaf instead of Eddie, I still can't figure out what a good role would possibly want with finding me, as I am the doctor. It seems much more likely that he's hunting me to kill me. (Though I'm not sure how that would work either, as then the mod would have had to have told him that I was the doctor, in which case she'd have used my role name, surely.)

To be quite honest, I don't like being lumped as a team with DP, as I have nothing to do with him, and am only a little more convinced he's innocent over Fishbulb.

Go look back, Fishbulb, see how adamant I was about lynching the townie that decided to claim doctor. I was not playing around with my vote for a reason. Also go look back at how I reacted when you claimed to be hunting me.

I'm not sure what else to say, except that I am the doctor, you have to believe that, at least. The rest falls into place after that. (Why would I lie about my role?)

Oh, and Fishbulb, why would I have come out and admitted my mistake about you and WW? I could have used her saying she'd failed a kill on you as a reason to push your lynch today if I were evil. :?
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #51) » Fri May 28, 2004 1:11 pm

Post by Tam »

Hmmm, I don't know if you're gone yet, but if not-

Did you not block anyone else? Just Carmine Night 1?
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #52) » Fri May 28, 2004 1:27 pm

Post by Tam »

Meh.
Unvote
for now.

I am not sure about this any more. I can see that the mod may have screwed up and called me Meatloaf, not realising that this would occur. A lot of people know him by sight and I've had friends talking about the movie refer to 'Columbia and Meatloaf'

I must say, btw, Columbia is my favorite character and I'm very sad she wasn't (apparently) in the game.

Plus the fact that Fishbulb, aside from the Eddie/Meatloaf thing, doesn't seem very scummy. In particular, what strikes me as being decidedly protown is his insistence that we shouldn't mass roleclaim. I can't see any reason at this stage in the game for a scum to 'not' want a mass roleclaim.

And yes, Fishbulb, I have been *very* wary of you, too. I protected you that night and thought to myself that it was probably the dumbest thing to do.

But, arrrgh. I just don't know.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #53) » Fri May 28, 2004 1:48 pm

Post by Tam »

Bah, triple post. Sorry, just remembered I never voted for Fishbulb to begin with.
:oops:

Another thought just hit me, too.

Looking back over the last day, I realised I'd forgotten that DP cleared me with his cop stuffs. Now that I'm back to not knowing what to think about you two, I'm wondering if that wasn't a very sneaky way to get the support of a townie in the vital lynch today.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (isolation #54) » Fri May 28, 2004 8:11 pm

Post by Tam »

Damned good job with that. Good eye! I think we have a winner.

I protected DP on nights 1 and 2, and Fishbulb on nights 3 & 4.

So, we are down to Carmine, Fishbulb, and Narninian. I'm going to leave you off the list right now, Nanook, as you seem sincere and have helped us out considerably.

Since DP has investigated both me and Fishbulb, and says he got innocent for me, and guilty for him, I'm going to take it that Fishbulb is in fact guilty after all.

(Wait, Narninian, who did you target on night 2? I didn't take that into account.) :?
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (isolation #55) » Sat May 29, 2004 2:39 am

Post by Tam »

OK, works for me. DP is confirmed, and confirmed as being a sane cop through his investigation of me, and says that his results for Fishbulb came out bad.

Vote Fishbulb

*sighs with relief*

I was so scared Narninian would come back saying he'd blocked someone night 2 and we'd be guessing again.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #56) » Mon May 31, 2004 5:52 am

Post by Tam »

*grumbles a bit and pokes people*
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #57) » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:04 am

Post by Tam »

Excellent! I protected DP last night, as he's the one person I am sure has got to be innocent. I'm actually a bit surprised they didn't go after me, though, or someone random.

Anyhow, now to figure out which one of you is the last one. (There can't be two left, can there? Scary thought.)

Let's see..IF there's any pattern to the characters who are mafia, so far we have:

Brad
Dr. Scott

What about Columbia though? I just don't see this game having everyone but her, and then having a few random transylvanian townies. I am wondering actually, if Carmine isn't claiming the wrong role.

Argh, I dunno. Need to get ready for work. More later.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (isolation #58) » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:26 am

Post by Tam »

Except that if there are two of them left, all they'd have to do is use the other one to kill with.

Though, I do think you're right. It probably was your block rather than my protect. I really expected to be dead today, but on the other hand, they'd have taken into consideration that there's a backup doc (if he's innocent) and that killing the doctor wouldn't really help much.

I'll have to think a bit about the nolynch. I've never thought they are a good idea, to be honest.

Waiting to hear what others think about everything. :)
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (isolation #59) » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:31 am

Post by Tam »

I think Narninian should tell us his results as well. I think we can totally trust DP, and he seems to think that his results may go along with Narninian's (or prove something based on Narninian's results)

Carmine made me think of something. I'd missed that Narninian had claimed trans. as well. I think I tend to believe Carmine's claim over Narninian, seeing as the other transylvanian was a pure townie. It's not very solid, but to my anal way of thinking, it makes more sense to have both be pure townies, than to have one a pure townie and the other a roleblocker.

Anyhow, guess we're all just waiting to hear about Narninian's results then. :)

On a side note, does anyone else see a connection between Brad, Dr. Scott, and Columbia? If you take out Janet those are the ones in the end scene who got screwed up by the whole thing, and seem to be really losing it at the end of the movie where they all writhe around on the ground like their brains are just fried.

And remember, Janet was told in her role pm that she lost track of Brad. So it was clear that they weren't in it together.

Just a speculation, but it would seem to fit better to me, than not having Columbia in the game. (If the remaining mafia didn't claim her on purpose, seeing the connection.) Bah, I dunno, my mind's screwy right now.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #60) » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:32 am

Post by Tam »

Narninian wrote:The reason I don't want to reveal who I blocked is if we no lynch then if I'm wrong the mafia could choose not to kill and fram the person I blocked - If I don't tell then I wont have that problem...
You know, seeing as I already said who I protected, the baddies know who they targetted, and if you're wrong and you didn't block one, they could still sit back and not kill to frame the innocent. They would have more info than us.

I, for one, would rather not do a no-lynch. I'm not convinced that that is a good idea at all.

I *know* (1) I can trust him, and no offense, but I don't *know* that about you. Therefore, I'm much more willing to go by his plan.

See, if you are a baddie, all you had to do was come up with this scheme to get a night redo. And even if you aren't, there are ways that it could go horribly wrong for us.

I'd much rather you give up the info and let's see what DP has to say about it.

Anyone else have a strong view on this one?

(1) Unless, of course, he and Fishbulb have set us up for the sting of the century. :shock:
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (isolation #61) » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:24 am

Post by Tam »

Sounds reasonable to me.

You slipped up, i think, in saying that mikehart was the GF, and I think you knew that only because you were talking with him at night. (my natural assumption was that it was Dr. Scott, out of the two down. not sure why, i guess cause Brad is a wuss) :P

Vote nanookthewolf

If we're wrong, I'm toast, most likely, but we still win. :)

Oddly enough, I was thinking it made no sense for Narninian to forget that she was Columbia, but if you think about it, it makes more sense for her power. As opposed to just a normal party-goer, she's *The* Dancer chick....
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (isolation #62) » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:24 am

Post by Tam »

DP, may I suggest that you check out Narninian tonight? It's just occurred to me that if you attempt to check on Narn., and I protect you, and he 'blocks' you, then if he is scum, he won't really block, but still can't kill you. :) Therefore, even if he is scum, you'll know it and still live. (Unless he's the GF, which I doubt if Nanook is scum, as he apparently remembers that mikehart was the GF.

Errr, not sure if that actually did make sense, but...bah, long day and off to the movies!

See yall in the mornin'. (Well, probably not me, but you never know.)

AARRRGH, longer day than i thought....just realised there really isn't anyone else to investigate, is there? :shock:

(I trust that you'll take my advice then.) :D
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (isolation #63) » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:57 am

Post by Tam »

Yay! Great game guys, was very fun. :) I admit, I was a bit worried when I looked back and realised that I wasn't Eddie, but was Meatloaf instead. :shock: If it weren't for not being challenged on the doctor thing I'd have surely been scrutinised for that one. :)

I think that all of the baddies did really well in this one, not really sure how it is that we figured them all out at the right times to get the lynches through, because they really did well.

I think one thing that helped was DP getting the cop role. I protected him the first few nights, figuring that he was the best known player here (that I knew of) and most likely to die first if not guilty himself. Though, I started getting a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach when Fishbulb came out challenging him. I very nearly up and told him I was Eddie in the thread, but luckily thought better of it in the end (I figured if he was scum, then somehow he was told that Eddie was the doctor and wanted to out me)

Out of curiosity, what were the kills each night?
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (isolation #64) » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:11 pm

Post by Tam »

jeep wrote:Night 2 was before my time... As to why meantloaf? No, but when I reviewed it, I definitely approved. It makes a SLIGHT balance shift to mafia.

-JEEP
Well, it would have, if I hadn't been the unchallenged doctor. ;) But that made it definitely a balance shift to the town. :D

Yay! So at least one of my protects did make it through and protect DP. He was essential to us winning. :)
Tam

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”