Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:34 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

I think I need to head to post-procedure snoozelands before I get insomnia from the steroids
See yall then
To be clear: quack
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:34 am

Post by helium-3 »

In post 13, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Can't tell if it's better to pl the metal sonic hydra or the marquis hydra???
can you talk to me a bit about why you want to pl any1?

cos except for special instances, I think it shld never be done. and it seems like when it is presented in a joking manner it tends to come from scum.

VOTE: sad
Feu et Vol
Feu et Vol
Goon
Feu et Vol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:36 am

Post by Feu et Vol »

In post 164, helium-3 wrote:
In post 160, Feu et Vol wrote:
In post 141, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 137, Feu et Vol wrote:ignore the quote it magically appeared

[marquis]

pedit @ sad, scum wouldn't want to lynch the encryptor -> juls wants to lynch the encryptor -> juls is scum ? i....... don't agree??
But apparently everyone is agreeing that there are multiple encrpytors based on something Desp's role PM might maybe be implying!
i've never seen a game with more than one encryptor.

yes i know "i've never seen a game with" =/= "this isn't a game with" but when you take into account the fact that this is a GOTTA GO FAST GO GO GO quick game as well, i don't think the mod would do something that different from normal in addition to the stress caused by short deadlines. for the most part i think this is a mostly normal setup game

i'm not saying to lynch desp, because i think daytalk can benefit town as much as scum and i don't think i've ever really seen scum use daytalk to win/take advantage of a game. but what i mean is that i think lynching desp really would eliminate daytalk and the whole "there is more than one encryptor" idea is really far-fetched

pedit i'm usually wary of not_mafia but i like his post and opinion of daytalk. i don't like his vote on skrew though, he should know by now that annoying play more often than not is town

pedit2 please don't say retarded in that sense please
wrt the bold: how shld I use it then? retarded means "stunted growth" and I think desp's vote is retarded at this point and time cos enough people will see him as town for what he is doing. the only 1s who would jump all over it is scum and even they don't seem to be that stupid cos only desp is voting for desp.

if you think i shld only use it in the context of an insult that we will have words.
i thought you meant to use it in the context of an insult yourself. this is mostly a personal issue because irl i hear so many people saying it that way and trying to bs their way out with "oh i meant it in a slowwwwww sense you know totally not an insult!!" your post is one of those i don't really want to have to analyze for that though since i trust you enough as a person to not be one of those insult-then-say-it-was-the-other-meaning assholes

i do want to drop the topic though so

~ [marquis] ~

Quand il crache son souffle brûlant, la flamme au bout de sa queue s'embrase.
Une hydre de «beastcharizard» et «Marquis».

Feu et Vol
Feu et Vol
Goon
Feu et Vol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:36 am

Post by Feu et Vol »

In post 174, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:(before I leave Marquis is town)
i'm not unvoting

[marquis]

Feu et Vol
Feu et Vol
Goon
Feu et Vol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:37 am

Post by Feu et Vol »

beast if you unvote you had better have a good scumread to put it back on

[marquis]

helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:39 am

Post by helium-3 »

In post 54, SaintKerrigan wrote:
Vote: SleepyKrew
There can only be one SK.

With that out of the way:
- Three negative town roles already claimed. I'm not sure yet what to think about that.
- desp, please clarify your role. Does it allow daytalk for scum, or does it control all scum talk?
- desp's role needs to be eliminated. Scum communication is lethal in the hands of competent scumteams. If it's daytalk, then we should quicklynch him. Regardless of anything else, that role can't live past Day 1.
wat 3 negative role claims

are you taking sad's cc srs?

VOTE: kerriganVOTE:
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:39 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 157, helium-3 wrote:hi desp!

get your retarded vote off of yourself!
lol i did. right above me saying hi.
;)
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:39 am

Post by helium-3 »

ffs

VOTE: kerrigan

eta: yaye!
Sugoku Sugoi
Sugoku Sugoi
Goon
Sugoku Sugoi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:40 am

Post by Sugoku Sugoi »

scum daytalk isn't that scary and getting rid of the encryptors is entirely pointless and only serves to waste lynches. the rest of them shouldn't claim either bc all it does is tell scum who not to kill

SKrew is town for pointing it out and Desp is town for making waves early - in the game I played with scum Desp he did a lot and tried to look town, but didn't actually do much of anything. F-16 agrees on SKrew town but wants to meta him to be sure.

I liked SAD's .

I fucking hate Juls so far. when Desp claimed she first took the easiest and most opportunistic stance for scum to take (lynch it) and then backed off once everyone else did.
vote: Juls

I also dislike Saint. the entirety of his posting is about Desp's claim and when Desp first claimed he also jumped for the opportunity to lynch him.

we'll sign if it's necessary, but it should be rly obvious who is who
Feu et Vol
Feu et Vol
Goon
Feu et Vol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:42 am

Post by Feu et Vol »

that's pie!

pie please obvtown to me you are off to a good start

:) <3 ilu bby

[marquis]

Sugoku Sugoi
Sugoku Sugoi
Goon
Sugoku Sugoi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:44 am

Post by Sugoku Sugoi »

hi Marquis <3

what's your read on Juls?
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:47 am

Post by helium-3 »

In post 91, Juls wrote:@SAD, I already said I am not making that assumption but I think scum day talk benefits scum more than town day talk benefits town.
the only thing that benefits scum re:daytalk is that they can coordinate mylo.

there is always a bunch of talk about "coaching" but tbh I haven't really seen a lot of that. have you? this site is bus happy which I am grateful for since lynches aren't decided by dl plurality and sometimes that is only way to see a lynch on scum go through.
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:53 am

Post by helium-3 »

In post 105, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 100, Juls wrote:Let's say we had the groups you suggest. The other groups could still talk in the night. What does a town person have to say in the day that can't wait to be said at night? Now ask yourself the same question about scum.
Well for starters I think neighborhoods are VERY strong in being able to identify if there are any scum in there.

And masons can generally talk about their honest thoughts and be able to pull gambits and such?

I think you think scum daytalk is much stronger than it usually is. (the only good opinion I've seen so far about town not wanting scum to have daytalk is the number of hydras)
I am trying to decide if I like this post or not.

not sure what you are getting at about the number of hydras tho
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:54 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Here's a game where scum used daytalk well throughout and it was probably (one of) the main factor(s) behind their win.

Anyway I feel like we're just getting in to theory discussion (the strength of daytalk isn't irrelevant but I don't think that's the lynch should be dependent on) when the actual game-related discussion is about whether we should lynch Desp, which I'd say a resounding no to at this juncture because despite my opinion on daytalk the actual implication of his role is ambiguous.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:55 am

Post by helium-3 »

antihero here.

let's see... a vote on oversoul would be fine....
In post 54, SaintKerrigan wrote:
Vote: SleepyKrew
There can only be one SK.

With that out of the way:
- Three negative town roles already claimed. I'm not sure yet what to think about that.
- desp, please clarify your role. Does it allow daytalk for scum, or does it control all scum talk?
- desp's role needs to be eliminated. Scum communication is lethal in the hands of competent scumteams. If it's daytalk, then we should quicklynch him. Regardless of anything else, that role can't live past Day 1.
wow, what a piece of shit gooey, waffley post. vote on saintk would be good too.
In post 104, Juls wrote:@SK phone posting. Walls suck.
juls is another solid vote.
Oh god, how many pages am I going to wake up to each morning.

Dayne v Juls feels town v town to me. Daytalk can be very powerful in good hands, not saying I want to lynch Desp or I'm even completely sure he's not reaction testing or something but.. meh, daytalk utilised properly can be good.

VOTE: SleepyKrew

Posting:Content ratio too high

PEDIT: oh lord like a dozen posts popping up
it's called "mafia with quickness". it moves fast....
wafflewafflewaffle on despy........
...yeah thanks for letting us all know you're scum. it helped.

i actually think not_mafia would be a very solid D1 lynch.
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:56 am

Post by helium-3 »

In post 125, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:(Ignore that quote btw.)
why shld we ignore the quote? is that not part of the reason you were voting her cos that is why I thought you were

thinking you are bad sad
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:57 am

Post by helium-3 »

In post 188, Not_Mafia wrote:Here's a game where scum used daytalk well throughout and it was probably (one of) the main factor(s) behind their win.

Anyway I feel like we're just getting in to theory discussion (the strength of daytalk isn't irrelevant but I don't think that's the lynch should be dependent on) when the actual game-related discussion is about whether we should lynch Desp, which I'd say a resounding no to at this juncture because despite my opinion on daytalk the actual implication of his role is ambiguous.
"i don't want to talk theory buuuuut... LET'S TALK THEORY"

VOTE: not_mafia

mollie, do you agree with me? y/n
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:58 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

UNVOTE:

calling it a night, sorry already 11pm here, and I got into the football (soccer). Be back tomorrow. If there were any questions towards me, I will get to them in the morning.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:00 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I am aware of the semi-hipocrisy in the post but the theory talk is only in the first half of the post. I was saying my final words on the theory stuff and after that trying to shift the topic back on track
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:01 am

Post by Oversoul »

Hoopla, what do you make of Desp's encryptor claim and subsequent action.

It literally makes me

Feu et Vol
Feu et Vol
Goon
Feu et Vol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:07 am

Post by Feu et Vol »

In post 169, Not_Mafia wrote:@Feu et Vol It's not that I find him annoying (I don't), it's a noise to signal thing
i know that's what you meant. i'm fully aware i'm conflating "annoying" with "noisy" but in games like this it's totally acceptable right? thanks for attempting to clarify but you actually didn't clarify anything else because like i said you should know by now that players that post a lot of noncontent nowadays especially to the excessively annoying extent that skrew is are often town.

what do you mean by signal also

[marquis]

Feu et Vol
Feu et Vol
Goon
Feu et Vol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:09 am

Post by Feu et Vol »

In post 185, Sugoku Sugoi wrote:hi Marquis <3

what's your read on Juls?
scum-but-i'm-wary-because-it-could-be-too-scummy-to-be-scum

[marquis]

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:28 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 103, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 99, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 84, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 77, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 70, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 64, jasonT1981 wrote:It won't cut of the threat, no.. you are rght, SK. However it will disable their ability to day talk, which is vital to stratagy
Please don't say SK
Why so confident there is only one encryptor?
Why are you willing to kill a townie just to maybe get rid of daytalk instead of doing some scumhunting?
I'm not confident of one... nor have I ever said there might be only one, if you read my post 58
In post 58, jasonT1981 wrote:Desp - can you go into anymore detail on your PM without breaking rules?

By implying multiple encryptors, I am assuming multiball scum?
I actually float the idea of more than one, and am following up with questions about it...

Why are you so unwilling to cut of what could be a vital scum advantage of having scum talk? That's why I would be for the encryptor lynch, as it hurts scum long term in not being able to talk during the day and talk as each scanario unfolds.
So if two or three people said "I'm a town encryptor", you'd want them all dead rather than doing scumhunting?
Now you're just putting words in my mouth
Am I scum or misguided town? What did you really mean?
These are things you would have answered if you were town
I have you leaning scum, but not enough for a vote. I think you know full well what I meant though.Do you not agree that strategically it makes sense to cut scums day talk? My scum thought on you really is because you seem to be closed to cutting scum day talk.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:30 am

Post by Juls »

So basically the people voting me are voting me because changing my opinion is scummy? Alrighty then, I will probably VERY scummy this whole game then.
Now that I am at home and not phone posting let me be a little more verbose about my opinions. So let's take a walk through my thought process.
In post 42, Desperado wrote:
snip image

i don't joke and i don't gambit. i'm an encryptor and i need to die as soon as possible.
Juls thinks, well, Encryptors must be bad news. Been a while since I have played, don't remember what an encryptor is.
In post 54, SaintKerrigan wrote:- desp's role needs to be eliminated. Scum communication is lethal in the hands of competent scumteams. If it's daytalk, then we should quicklynch him. Regardless of anything else, that role can't live past Day 1.
Oh, scum day talk...yeah that's no good.
In post 59, Juls wrote:
unvote, vote: desp

Taking one for the team. Good on you.
Notice my wording....
Claim: Town Neighborizor

I decided that yeah I could take one for the team and not have day talk.
In post 94, Juls wrote:I am well aware of the methods of day talk SAD.
Another crumb...
In post 95, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:(ex 1 neighborhood 2 mason groups 1 scumteam)
Juls now gets a town read on SAD. Hmmm maybe I should rethink this daytalk stuff.
In post 105, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Well for starters I think neighborhoods are VERY strong in being able to identify if there are any scum in there.

And masons can generally talk about their honest thoughts and be able to pull gambits and such?
Good point. I had not considered all this. I initially thought "OMG Scum day talk in a fast game is going to be tough!"

And then I was in the weeds because I voiced an unpopular opinion while thinking I was taking a selfless stance.

Now have fun with that.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Speedy Saki
Speedy Saki
Goon
Speedy Saki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:32 am

Post by Speedy Saki »

DIDN'T READ LOL