Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:58 am

Post by Scummies »

In post 198, AngryPidgeon wrote:
Nominate N for Smooth Operator
Just a small note and reminder, this award is no longer called or known as "Smooth Operator", and rather as "The Modfather", for all future references.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:53 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 200, Scummies wrote:
In post 198, AngryPidgeon wrote:
Nominate N for Smooth Operator
Just a small note and reminder, this award is no longer called or known as "Smooth Operator", and rather as "The Modfather", for all future references.
That's a stupid-ass idea, it's still totally smooth operator, moddammit. :P
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:07 am

Post by saulres »

"The Modfather"?

So the banner for the winner is going to say "Not a Mod?"
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:18 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

So, I may or may not like to spectate games in my free time (DON'T JUDGE ME <3), and I thought these were some deserving noms:

Nom: Mastin2 for Most Cunning Manipulator from Left 4 Dead Mafia
Nom: ActionDan, Majiffy, Svenskt Stål, Mastin2, Rubicon for Best Scum Team from Left 4 Dead Mafia

I mean, I suppose I'm a bit new and perhaps haven't seen it all, but I've seen some crazy shenanigans, and I am
really
impressed with how Mastin2 had such a knowledge and command of her own meta that she was able to manipulate it in such a way that things would fall into place for scum like that. Dayum. I think one of the toughest things is to break the mold once people have a handle on what makes you tick, and rather than attempting to
break
the mold, Mastin2
used
people's expectations to further her team
even after death.
And you have to give credit to the rest of the scum team for executing the plan with almost artful brilliance.

Mastin2 sums everything up pretty well in the last couple pages of the mafia thread.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:40 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 203, Prof Fridays wrote:
Nom: ActionDan, Majiffy, Svenskt Stål, Mastin2, Rubicon for Best Scum Team from Left 4 Dead Mafia

I mean, I suppose I'm a bit new and perhaps haven't seen it all, but I've seen some crazy shenanigans, and I am
really
impressed with how Mastin2 had such a knowledge and command of her own meta that she was able to manipulate it in such a way that things would fall into place for scum like that. Dayum. I think one of the toughest things is to break the mold once people have a handle on what makes you tick, and rather than attempting to
break
the mold, Mastin2
used
even after death.
And you have to give credit to the rest of the scum team for executing the plan with almost artful brilliance.

Mastin2 sums everything up pretty well in the last couple pages of the mafia thread.
<3
Really, really means something to me that someone outside the game thought it was impressive.

Butyeah, I had an awesome scumteam. (Obviously, I can't nom them myself. But were I to not be a member of their scumteam, I would be nomming them all the same.) In particular...Rubicon picked up on my plan and did the same thing I did, rolling over and dieing. Majiffy played that game pretty much explicitly with a mindset of "What would Mastin do?", tailoring his dayplay to survival and directing the flow as I would during the night. Sven did a really, REALLY good job of making himself be obvtown (as scum) as well, and ActionDan served as the support for our scumteam: helping to contribute and refine things when the need to smooth out gaps was there, while posting just enough to not have attention drawn onto him--resulting in town players bickering with one another. The scum let the divide in the town happen. In lylo, I forget the exact combinations of scumteams, but my memory tells me that every single one had a town name in the mix, in that there was no player who had all three as the scumteam, and a fair number of the town barely had one. That's how strong they played that game.

(Though, as an aside, saying my posting was 'summarizing' is...a little bit of an overstatement, given the length of it. :P A bit long; the central part that's not me can be found above; the central part that IS me is something I'm planning to write an MD article about, essentially showing "how I did it".)
My academy.
Agnigi
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:11 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 204, mastin2 wrote:in that there was no player who had all three as the scumteam
I think Pidgey nailed the team at one point, but then he let paranoia carry him away.

2nd both noms
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:14 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 203, Prof Fridays wrote:So, I may or may not like to spectate games in my free time (DON'T JUDGE ME <3), and I thought these were some deserving noms:

really
break
the mold, Mastin2
used
even after death.

Nth both

I was the moderator for L4D, and I have to say that the scumteam did perform very well, and Mastin2 was a very large part in their success. His crazy plan of having his entire team bus each other, and then when he was getting lynched, throwing a frenzy that would cause confusion ranging until the end of the game, was a mix of huge risk taking but at the same time brilliance. Mastins actions during his lynch ended up having a deep impression on the rest of the game state, effectively giving the rest of his team a cover, which lasted until the very last second of the game.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:39 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Second

Dude's a total badass.

You're scum?
He figures it out.
You're third party?
He somehow still figures it out.
You're town? He'll defend you to the death. (Literally.)

He's a VERY strong scumhunter, who is INCREDIBLY good at scumhunting. When I'm scum, he tops my nightkill charts every game, surpassing even AngryPidgeon in that regard. You could say that--regardless of his performance thusfar in a day--he is a policy night-kill as a result, because killing him (even if he's got scumreads on him) is so immensely pro-scum that it's worth whatever cost may come from it.
My academy.
Agnigi
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:21 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

:roll:
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:58 am

Post by Psyche »

in stride, jake
in stride
You can't step in the same river twice.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:04 am

Post by Natirasha »

Nth muffin.

Dude's the best player on site.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
caledfwitch
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:02 am

Post by caledfwitch »

I want to nominate Skullduggery for best Third Party, based on his performance in Mini 1577: Dangan Ronpa Mafia.

Seriously, look at this badass. He fooled everyone as conftown, took out the scumteam super quickly, and pretty much stayed in everyone's good graces until, like, the last day. Plus, it was his first time being a third party like ever. If I had the funds, I would personally give him a gold medal; that's how much I feel he deserves it.
must i have a gender.. is it not enough for me to simply b kinda hot sometimes

2x mafiascum member of the month !! wowowowee !!!
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:09 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 212, caledfwitch wrote:I want to nominate Skullduggery for best Third Party, based on his performance in Mini 1577: Dangan Ronpa Mafia.
I will second this. Skull was the towniest townie all game through. It takes genuine skill to pull off play like that.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:44 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 213, Bookitty wrote:
In post 212, caledfwitch wrote:I want to nominate Skullduggery for best Third Party, based on his performance in Mini 1577: Dangan Ronpa Mafia.
I will second this. Skull was the towniest townie all game through. It takes genuine skill to pull off play like that.
I agree.
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:49 am

Post by Psyche »

Official thirded
You can't step in the same river twice.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

Nth'd
Feirei
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:18 pm

Post by Feirei »

nth that again!
I apologize if certain words are misspelled. My sister got too liberal with liquid drinks near the laptop.

~Current number of pre-ins for Fire vs Ice Mafia: 0/6~

You never know what you've got until it's gone.
You can call me Fei, Feirei, or Kari.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:18 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 106, mastin2 wrote:
Nominate Venmar for Best Mutation for the two-game combination of Left 4 Dead and Walking Dead

Both games were zombie-themed, featuring a similar mechanic. Each night, a zombie horde would attack and eat a player, acting as a vig. How the horde was handled each game differed by the theme (with it being more random when both town and scum were zombies, appropriately enough, and being controlled by the town more when the town was zombies against scum humans who had none over it), but the mechanic basically remained the same both games. In addition to the actual mechanic, the idea of 'herders' was a brilliant role that added to it, with herders in each game acting to give direction to the horde beyond the otherwise-random kills. Additionally, the role of baiter (a zombie-bodyguard drawing the horde onto yourself the first game and a zombie-doctor removing a player from the list of nom candidates the second game) was another brilliant addition to the mechanic.

It was highly-innovative, highly-original, and has a HUGE amount of potential, which once understood properly, made it insanely fun to see. It never quite got full usage, but that was partly design, in that the mechanic was there, but was always intentionally not meant to be THE driving force behind the game, and it never was. So it was there, contributing, but never overwhelming. It added a lot of interesting dynamics to how both town and scum thought in both games, and overall, was an absolute blast to play.

I don't think I've really seen any other game so far this year that has quite integrated together a new mechanic and roles associated as well as Venmar did with these two games. He deserves every bit of recognition he can get for this highly-innovative, original idea.
Hi, I came here on purpose just to
second this
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:43 pm

Post by Venmar »

:)
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:11 am

Post by Bert »

I would like to
Nominate Natirasha for Excellent Moderation
, as nominating him for a single game doesn't do his body of work justice.

Here are two examples of games Natirasha moderated in 2014:

Rock Operafia

Arcadia

He consistently produces the most creative and fun-filled setups I have seen on this site, and he resolves complex actions with all kinds of roles he creates. When I have time, I will add to this nomination with examples of what kinds of setups Nat has constructed, as this is a body of work award.

See another game, Dark Age of the Law, for a setup he designed. Among all the games on the site I have played, his setups and mechanics are simply outstanding and keep the players easily engaged throughout.

Not only that! But there's more!

He modded a 165 page mini normal game to start 2014 off with a BANG! Mini 1543. It set Records! I was amazeballs.

That speaks to how players love playing for him and play their hearts out! Way to go, Nat! :mrgreen:

You will be wowed by games he mods.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:24 am

Post by fferyllt »

2nding the hell out of Nati for Excellent Moderation.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:32 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

I can believe that.

3rd
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
caledfwitch
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:33 am

Post by caledfwitch »

Nat is the best mod. I'm behind ya.

nth
must i have a gender.. is it not enough for me to simply b kinda hot sometimes

2x mafiascum member of the month !! wowowowee !!!
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:06 pm

Post by Guyett »

Nth and stuff
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”