Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Mon May 28, 2007 3:53 pm

Post by remussaidow »

mrifnoc\

use a mirror
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Tue May 29, 2007 11:32 am

Post by remussaidow »

random vote YB
for being here the longest!

as far as I can tell
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Tue May 29, 2007 6:21 pm

Post by remussaidow »

sorry, vote: yellowbounder
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #3) » Wed May 30, 2007 6:06 pm

Post by remussaidow »

lynch -3 is a little far to push someone in the random voting stage.

Aceiks, how many games have you played, and how many are you in currently?

at this site and others.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #4) » Wed May 30, 2007 6:33 pm

Post by remussaidow »

The purpose of scum opening their mouths is to be caught.

*ahem*

To try and get other people to say incriminating things about themselves.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #5) » Wed May 30, 2007 7:29 pm

Post by remussaidow »

useful discussion isn't generally started from the excessive pressuring of one person. Discussion is continued, after being ignited however it is that time, by attacking and defending. With no actual attacks, how can he defend? The completely random, heavily abused bandwagon doesn't really yeild any info.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #6) » Thu May 31, 2007 6:39 pm

Post by remussaidow »

and who sparked that discussion?

Random voting is useful only to scum. So I moved the game out of that stage.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:36 am

Post by remussaidow »

paranthesis are often used in the same way that commas should be, as a separation indicating a statement of fact that is relevant to the sentence but a separate idea, but aren't always.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:54 am

Post by remussaidow »

As I screw up and don't capitalize the sentence...

thought about editing it, then realized that that was a bad bad idea.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #9) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:59 am

Post by remussaidow »

sorry guys, I have a tonsular abcess (which means a big, dangerous growth in my tonsil). Tonight or tomorrow, I'll run through this thread and take of everything addressed to me.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:34 pm

Post by remussaidow »

OK- on my rant about putting someone at l-3 with a random vote. Its that calling it a random vote is a cover. You are trying to burn someone's feet. don't call it random, don't call it anything its not. Post 57, chaosomega called it exactly what it was. I have nothing wrong with that, except that i'm the target.

I will not claim for lynch minus-2 on page 4, where I was asked too. Period. Its a bad play for everyone. I won't do it on page 5, or until there's enough discussion to warrant it

You've heard the why of my lurk, and I apologize for not coming on with that earlier

Random voting helps scum because the longer the game is random, the longer they can hide behind it being random when cases are built against them, and difuse problems FOR THE SCUM more easily.

I moved the game out of the random voting stage by making a statement- that was perfectly valid, as I point out in the begining of this post, but ambiguous in its wording and even its meaning.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:23 am

Post by remussaidow »

Aceiks wrote:
unvote vote: TrustGossip

Because modding the Numbers Game is by far the scummiest behavior in this thread thus far.

(that's L-3 if I'm counting correctly)
Right- that's a reason for a vote outside a random vote?
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:23 am

Post by remussaidow »

Qman- Read what I wrote again. Because that is not what I said.

And I refused to claim because, really, claiming Vanilla townie never does anyone any good.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:50 am

Post by remussaidow »

Qman wrote:
I'm also not comfortable with you attacking Aceiks for an obviously random vote by trying to categorize it as something else.
This is what I didn't say. Actually, I said the direct opposite of that. I said that his vote wasn't random.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:47 am

Post by remussaidow »

and I claimed. At lynch minus 1, I claimed.

Does anyone in this game actually READ it, or is everyone skimming?
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:20 am

Post by remussaidow »

Show me an actual attack against me, and I'll defend it.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #16) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:29 pm

Post by remussaidow »

really?

I see a shitload of votes on me with no case. That's not an attack. Show me an ATTACK and I'll defend it. Otherwise, lynch me 'cause I don't know how to defend against what's not there.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:49 am

Post by remussaidow »

I have answered all of those in I believe post 110.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #18) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:31 am

Post by remussaidow »

Eteocles wrote:I believe he has too right?
Please clarify what you mean by this-
Do you mean that you feel that I have or have not sufficiently answered these questions?
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:14 am

Post by remussaidow »

Actually, Yellowbounder, by your very definition of random, my vote is not random. I gave a reason for it, I didn't role a die or go to random.org.

That being said, you are the most experienced player on my bandwagon. You should know that the speed of which I was gathering votes verse the amount of discussion happening by the town could never result in an effective day 1 for the town. Thus, my vote, whilst initially placed with no in-game reasoning, now stays because of the decisive untown play.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #20) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:57 am

Post by remussaidow »

you realize that, your reasoning excepted purely because you'll never believe that you're wrong, there was no actual reason to vote for me, thus, whoever hammered me was sure to be in serious question tomorrow, and thus the scum wouldn't want to do it. Sure, this is wifom, but what the hell, since I have/had 6 votes on me because I said a random wagon to the point of lynch -3 wasn't random anymore and shouldn't be called as such, but did so in not as plain lnaguage, what else is there to fall back on.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #21) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:38 am

Post by remussaidow »

no, it does matter how.

If there was any reason at all behind the votes, then a scum could have dropped the hammer without exess notice. But, with the more or less randomness of the bandwagon, a hammer from would draw undue attention to said scum.

Would you, as a scum player, want to draw undue attention to yourself?

And the name is Remus.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #22) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:18 am

Post by remussaidow »

You're an idiot. No, sorry, I'll leave the ad hominem attacks out of it. Your argument is false. Reread your last statement. Where you prove that the scums best interest is to lynch me. Because, as you'll see, you state that we lynch the hammer. And then you prove that if he is scum, they're no worse off. So then, you use this to claim that I'm not dead, thus I must be a scum. What you, however, are missing is that this entire argument is WIFOM, in that you are attempting to determine statistically what a scum would do, however, the nature of this game states very clearly that if you act as you should, you will lose. So, you're basing your entire argument begining on the assumption that the scum are not playing to win, but, are, indeed playing to lose.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #23) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by remussaidow »

because the attention in an early lynch goes immeadiately to the hammerer.

I also claimed. And was not a power role. Scum don't want me, they want to out said power roles so that they can remove the town's helpers.

So, again, show me how your scenarios aren't using statistics?
If we assume the worst case scenario for the mafia (only having 3 people at the beginning) is less likely. That means they've gone from 4/12 or 5/12 down to 3/8 or 4/8. Which is very MUCH to their advantage. Even if they started with 3/12, having 2/8 by the end of night 2, their ratio hasn't changed.
Because, while not raw percentages that are the form of stats that the populace are used to seeing, it does still look a damn lot like my stats homework. Except it makes less sense.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #24) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:26 pm

Post by remussaidow »

I have never been in a game without at least a cop or a doctor.

Ace, comment on the discussion between sonic and myself, if you're still around.

Or anyone else.`
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #25) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:45 am

Post by remussaidow »

heh, I was about to say

Interesting job you got there.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #26) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:20 am

Post by remussaidow »

[quote= "sonicpulsar"] Oh, and if anyone cares, I'm going to an ultimate frisbee tournament in Tulsa, OK. Weep for me if the temperature is >100 [/quote]

Try playing in freezing rain.

am waiting on this: [quote= "Haut Boy"]I apologize for my inactivity; finals were a bitch. I'll review everything tonight and post tomorrow.[/quote]
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #27) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:47 am

Post by remussaidow »

sorry for my failure at quote tags, but I don't know how to make them work right
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #28) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:46 am

Post by remussaidow »

oooh, the goddamned space.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #29) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by remussaidow »

remussaidow wrote:
sonicpulsar wrote: Oh, and if anyone cares, I'm going to an ultimate frisbee tournament in Tulsa, OK. Weep for me if the temperature is >100
Try playing in freezing rain.

am waiting on this:
Haut Boy wrote:I apologize for my inactivity; finals were a bitch. I'll review everything tonight and post tomorrow.

fixed.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #30) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:33 am

Post by remussaidow »

sorry guys, surprise bought of probable unpostability
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #31) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:38 am

Post by remussaidow »

if you noticed, I went from lynch minus 2 to lynch minus 1. Then I claimed. I said I wouldn't claim at -2 in this stage, not that I wouldn't claim at all.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #32) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:10 am

Post by remussaidow »

well then...

um...

Guys, where are all these promised posts?
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #33) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by remussaidow »

you lynch me, and you'll just go back to random voting, you don't have any ground.

selfvote
since no one else seems to care about trying to move the game on.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #34) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:42 am

Post by remussaidow »

well, you know what. I don't give a crap anymore what you think is scummy or not, since moving the game forward meant I was scummy too.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #35) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:36 pm

Post by remussaidow »

how is that vote in summary of what you said?
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #36) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:30 am

Post by remussaidow »

unvote. vote: Yogurtbandit
because I know I'm not scum, and you seem to be the scummiest.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #37) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by remussaidow »

yeah, its called being sick of stupidity.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #38) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:56 am

Post by remussaidow »

YogurtBandit wrote:Come on, Remus is obviously scum if he voted himself.
That's funny, because that means that its an automatic scum tell, and well, theres just no such things as those.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #39) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:42 am

Post by remussaidow »

on what grounds. Where have I acted scummy except being exasperated because no one in this game seems to bother to think.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #40) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:35 pm

Post by remussaidow »

I have. I haven't seen much scummy behavior in anybody, as anybody who is participating is attacking the only clearly protown player in this game.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #41) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:49 am

Post by remussaidow »

no, I, to myself, am clearly protwon because I know my own role.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #42) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by remussaidow »

vote: remussaidow

I'm sick of the uterly low participation in this game, the lack of original content, and the aparant lack of reading, comprehension, and thought. Go back to square one, 2 days behind.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #43) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:33 am

Post by remussaidow »

you may think that, but since I'm fairly sure that the my side already lost, I really don't give a shit.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (isolation #44) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by remussaidow »

but aren't I dead now?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”