Teffc
Goon
Teffc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:29 am

Post by Teffc »

I have returned, read all posts. and have a few questions:

@remus why is random voting helpful only to scum?
how did you move this game out of random voting?

but still pointing a FOS at Aceicks for his roel fishing. and for the fact that in post #43 he wrote
Although I'm not sure I agree with your statement that L-3 is dangerous. With 4 scum (+- 1 I believe) if we see 3 bandwagon votes on Trust in the next two hours then that kind of gives us most of the information we need.
i kept wondering why he posted this part...because as long as we have mafia among us they'll know what you're thinking. unless you are linked to them and telling them not to vote in a very subtle way
Swim with sharks or drown with rats.
Aceiks
Aceiks
Goon
Aceiks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:38 am

Post by Aceiks »

Teffc wrote:but still pointing a FOS at Aceicks for his roel fishing. and for the fact that in post #43 he wrote
Although I'm not sure I agree with your statement that L-3 is dangerous. With 4 scum (+- 1 I believe) if we see 3 bandwagon votes on Trust in the next two hours then that kind of gives us most of the information we need.
i kept wondering why he posted this part...because as long as we have mafia among us they'll know what you're thinking. unless you are linked to them and telling them not to vote in a very subtle way
Well, if the mafia need me to tell them that a 3 person bandwagon on Page 3 of Day 1 is a bad idea then they aren't very smart and us townspeople should have an easy game. As in the last post that you brought up, I was trying to get Remus to answer my question of why L-3 was so dangerous. Remus still hasn't answered any of the questions that I directly asked him regarding that. And he hasn't even shown up to discuss his current L-2. This avoidance leads me to believe this is warrented:

FOS: Remussaidow

I'll give him a little bit longer before voting in case it's RL issues causing his lack of posting rather than lurking.
<|TBD|>
Teffc
Teffc
Goon
Teffc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:09 am

Post by Teffc »

well, Ace, reverse-reverse-reverse-...-reverse psychology sometimes works. if you feel that mafia would be too stupid for a 3 person bandwagon on day one and say it loud they might just do it. we do have a bandwagon on remus now? what do you think of that?
Swim with sharks or drown with rats.
Aceiks
Aceiks
Goon
Aceiks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:16 am

Post by Aceiks »

Perhaps I should have clarified my statement as "a 3 person bandwagon with no reason". My random push of Trust to L-3 back on Page 2 was for no reason. The fact that if 3 people jumped on that bandwagon in several hours it would be quite suspicious should be self-evident. Perhaps that's why I thought it was safe to say out loud.

The bandwagoning of Remus right now is different as he has behaved suspiciously and now is nowhere to be found. Which is what I think of that.
<|TBD|>
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:11 am

Post by TrustGossip »

remus's latest post on MafiaScum was on Friday. He's been inactive for the weekend at least.

Aceiks, I think you are doing far too much overspeculation, and worse it's incredibly specific and is mostly baseless or at least based upon information that you don't have. That doesn't read well.

IGMEOY: Aceiks

Also,
Unvote
my random.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
Aceiks
Aceiks
Goon
Aceiks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:33 am

Post by Aceiks »

Yes it's specific and yes it is baseless and on information that I don't have.

But it's not speculation. It was simply speaking in hypotheticals. "If X then Y". I could have just as easily said "If we lynch the panda then the serpents will kill the DVD player tonight".

No where did I say or imply that I thought X was the case or any specifics about the game or roles involved. Well, I did say that there were 4ish scum, but I think that's a given in this type of game.
<|TBD|>
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:59 am

Post by remussaidow »

sorry guys, I have a tonsular abcess (which means a big, dangerous growth in my tonsil). Tonight or tomorrow, I'll run through this thread and take of everything addressed to me.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:00 pm

Post by Haut Boy »

Aceiks wrote:But it's not speculation. It was simply speaking in hypotheticals. "If X then Y". I could have just as easily said "If we lynch the panda then the serpents will kill the DVD player tonight".
Pardon me for arguing semantics, but aren't speculating and hypothesizing more or less synonymous? I see the case against Remus, but I love my vote right now.
I'm less likely to check MS on weekends than on weekdays. If I've disappeared on a weekend, it's normal.

Limited access for a week or so. I can read and post, but don't expect a lot.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by Qman »

remussaidow wrote:sorry guys, I have a tonsular abcess (which means a big, dangerous growth in my tonsil). Tonight or tomorrow, I'll run through this thread and take of everything addressed to me.
I'm nearly ready to put you at L-1, I am only not doing so because you said you would post today. Please post tonight or tommorrow I'll probably put you at L-1 for avoiding the questions put too you. As it was once put to me: Post or die.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Aceiks
Aceiks
Goon
Aceiks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:06 pm

Post by Aceiks »

Haut Boy wrote: Pardon me for arguing semantics, but aren't speculating and hypothesizing more or less synonymous? I see the case against Remus, but I love my vote right now.
I guess I'd agree that speculation and hypothetically speaking is similar but different in a subtle way. Atleast in how I'm using the terms. Speculation I would consider as me saying "I think that case X is what we have here". This would be me taking all the situations that could conceivably exist , and, based on evidence, selecting several that I think could be the case in this game.

Speaking in hypotheticals is taking all the situations that could exist and saying "IF situation X is what is going on, THIS is what would happen". In my case, it was taking the worst case scenario and applying that "What if?" to the game. Just me thinking aloud about why Remus charged me for pushing the game too far. It was only a worst-case scenario that I had come up in my mind, and in no way did I say that I thought it was the scenario we were playing in.
<|TBD|>
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:34 pm

Post by remussaidow »

OK- on my rant about putting someone at l-3 with a random vote. Its that calling it a random vote is a cover. You are trying to burn someone's feet. don't call it random, don't call it anything its not. Post 57, chaosomega called it exactly what it was. I have nothing wrong with that, except that i'm the target.

I will not claim for lynch minus-2 on page 4, where I was asked too. Period. Its a bad play for everyone. I won't do it on page 5, or until there's enough discussion to warrant it

You've heard the why of my lurk, and I apologize for not coming on with that earlier

Random voting helps scum because the longer the game is random, the longer they can hide behind it being random when cases are built against them, and difuse problems FOR THE SCUM more easily.

I moved the game out of the random voting stage by making a statement- that was perfectly valid, as I point out in the begining of this post, but ambiguous in its wording and even its meaning.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Aceiks
Aceiks
Goon
Aceiks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:26 pm

Post by Aceiks »

remussaidow wrote: OK- on my rant about putting someone at l-3 with a random vote. Its that calling it a random vote is a cover. You are trying to burn someone's feet. don't call it random, don't call it anything its not. Post 57, chaosomega called it exactly what it was. I have nothing wrong with that, except that i'm the target.
Ummm... I guess if I had said it was random then you'd have a case. Perhaps I assumed that since I explicitly stated I had placed him at L-3 people would realize it wasn't a random vote but had reasoning behind it.
<|TBD|>
BeanBrew
BeanBrew
Townie
BeanBrew
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:34 pm

Post by BeanBrew »

My current impression of remussaidow now is that he's either a townie that doesn't mind being lynched, or scum playing it that way...

I understand his reasoning, but I'm more inclined to be suspicious. He's definitely been in several games, so it doesn't seem unlikely that he has ample experience. However, I feel like I'm going too far into speculation now.
The CamelCase in my name was the product of a younger, more foolish me.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:23 am

Post by remussaidow »

Aceiks wrote:
unvote vote: TrustGossip

Because modding the Numbers Game is by far the scummiest behavior in this thread thus far.

(that's L-3 if I'm counting correctly)
Right- that's a reason for a vote outside a random vote?
Aceiks
Aceiks
Goon
Aceiks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:52 am

Post by Aceiks »

Well, I could have explicitly stated "Random bandwagon vote to try to get info". I just thought that was implied.

And you are taking FAR too much credit for "getting us out of the random voting" stage. All you did was ask a question because of my vote. But my vote was caused by three other votes. And their votes were caused because superstring opened the topic. So your high horse for your noble deed seems a bit unwarrented.
<|TBD|>
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:38 pm

Post by Qman »

Votecount please
superstring91
superstring91
Goon
superstring91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:35 pm

Post by superstring91 »

superstring91 wrote:
THIRD VOTE COUNT

yellowbounder-1-remussaidow
Aceiks-1-Haut Boy
remussaidow-5-ChaosOmega, Sonicpulsar, yellowbounder, YogurtBandit, BeanBrew

with 12 alive, it will take 7 to lynch

this count is current as of post 115
i will be on vacation for the next 9 days, so guardian will be taking over at that point, until i return. i trust his judgement, and you all should as well
We've got him now! There's no escape from the airport!

Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:08 pm

Post by Qman »

I'm not really all that sure I buy remus' explanation. I'm still very suspicious that he's so adamantly against claiming, "no matter what". I still can't see how you moved the game out of random voting, unless you mean it was by getting everyone looking at you.

I'm also not comfortable with you attacking Aceiks for an obviously random vote by trying to categorize it as something else.

You're arguments haven't convinced me, so I feel I must

VOTE:Remuss
BeanBrew
BeanBrew
Townie
BeanBrew
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:47 pm

Post by BeanBrew »

Lynch minus-1 remus...
The CamelCase in my name was the product of a younger, more foolish me.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:23 am

Post by remussaidow »

Qman- Read what I wrote again. Because that is not what I said.

And I refused to claim because, really, claiming Vanilla townie never does anyone any good.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:22 am

Post by Qman »

remussaidow wrote:I will not claim for lynch minus-2 on page 4, where I was asked too. Period. Its a bad play for everyone. I won't do it on page 5, or until there's enough discussion to warrant it
Okay, your right it's not the exact working. But it's exactly the meaning I got out of your statement.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:50 am

Post by remussaidow »

Qman wrote:
I'm also not comfortable with you attacking Aceiks for an obviously random vote by trying to categorize it as something else.
This is what I didn't say. Actually, I said the direct opposite of that. I said that his vote wasn't random.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:48 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

superstring91 wrote:
superstring91 wrote:
THIRD VOTE COUNT

yellowbounder-1-remussaidow
Aceiks-1-Haut Boy
remussaidow-5-ChaosOmega, Sonicpulsar, yellowbounder, YogurtBandit, BeanBrew

with 12 alive, it will take 7 to lynch

this count is current as of post 115
i will be on vacation for the next 9 days, so guardian will be taking over at that point, until i return. i trust his judgement, and you all should as well
Heh, I trust Guardian.

Remus, -1 lynch..
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:47 am

Post by remussaidow »

and I claimed. At lynch minus 1, I claimed.

Does anyone in this game actually READ it, or is everyone skimming?
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:55 pm

Post by Sonicpulsar »

I've read and reread most of the past couple of pages looking for some insight in to remus's defense and realized he hasn't really laid any sort of groundwork for his defense. At least I can't really find any substance in any of it, which leads me to believe he's scum or he'll be a useless townie for us. Mainly whining and silly retorting. My vote stands.
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”