NY 176: Completely Ridiculous Mafia (Game Over)

Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:53 pm

Post by Izariael »

In post 919, reinoe wrote:
@Aeronaught:

whom are your scumreads?

@Izariael:

same question.

I'll get back to you on this. As of this moment I've read up to about 540-ish, then picked up again at about 760. Once I've had a chance to read and evaluate the gap in-between I'll have a better idea, because right now I don't think I really have any fore-runners. I have read MVP's ISO though since he was at L-1 at some point, and I will say that I'm not voting that wagon. I don't see how he could be the scummiest person in this game, and I'm a bit confused about why so many people are on that wagon to begin with. :?
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:51 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

@Aeronaught:

whom are your scumreads?

@Izariael:

same question.

Toomai. MVP could be scum too. I feel like they're just lazy though. They'd probably defend harder if they were scum.

I have one or two more, but I'm waiting to see if they keep doing what they're doing, so I don't want them to know I'm onto them at the moment.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Depraved Justice
Depraved Justice
Goon
Depraved Justice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:07 pm

Post by Depraved Justice »

In post 925, Izariael wrote:
@Aeronaught:

whom are your scumreads?

@Izariael:

same question.

I'll get back to you on this. As of this moment I've read up to about 540-ish, then picked up again at about 760. Once I've had a chance to read and evaluate the gap in-between I'll have a better idea, because right now I don't think I really have any fore-runners. I have read MVP's ISO though since he was at L-1 at some point, and I will say that I'm not voting that wagon. I don't see how he could be the scummiest person in this game, and I'm a bit confused about why so many people are on that wagon to begin with. :?

There's a shiny spot for you on the opportunist's wagon. Hint: The name starts with R.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:25 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Fun fact: I'm beginning to run out of booby jokes.

Votecount 1.30
MVP [L-2] - TheWayItEnds, Cabd, Cephrir, AngryPidgeon, Aegor, reinoe

reinoe [L-4] - Bicephalous Bob, Toomai, Depraved Justice, T S O

Toomai [L-6] - Mirhawk, Aeronaut

T S O [L-7] - Ki-Gi

Mirhawk [L-7] - MVP

Not Voting [1] - Izariael

With 15 alive, it takes
to lynch. The day will end in (expired on 2014-08-30 21:00:00)

Some of MVP is V/LA a bit.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:27 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

boobies are gross.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:43 pm

Post by Izariael »

In post 927, Depraved Justice wrote:
In post 925, Izariael wrote:
@Aeronaught:

whom are your scumreads?

@Izariael:

same question.

There's a shiny spot for you on the opportunist's wagon. Hint: The name starts with R.

Well here's how I sit atm. My top 3 scummies are reinoe, Cabd and yourself. My next 3 would be Bob, Toomai and Mirhawk, but they're all more null than anything. I'm currently working on reading that portion that I've missed, so I'll recap my thoughts when I get there. I'm townreading T S O more than I was initially, so I wouldn't put him on my list at this time.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:29 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

In post 908, Aegor wrote:
I would say there is guaranteed scum in Toomai/MVP/DJ.

This is swell, I like it.

If I switch to MVP now can I have Toomai tomorrow?
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:30 pm

Post by Izariael »

In post 577, Mirhawk wrote:
Your reaction to him not answering the question was also way out of proportion to the offense. I would have expected you to maybe ask him the question again, or ask if agreed with the other answer or something like that. Not go in all out attack mode and demand answers while simultaneously
insinuating that it was scummy to allow others to "intrude" on your conversation.

@Mirhawk (and others):
What are your thoughts on Cabd and reinoe's reactions in posts 330/333?

In post 329, Izariael wrote:
In post 326, Cabd wrote:Do you think the game is currently not in serious mode? If it is, what post do you think kicked off serious mode?

I'mmm back

Cabd... what kind of questions are these? :roll: They seem super fluffy and I don't understand how the answers could be relevant to Toomai's behavior... Is there something specific you're trying to gauge from them :?:

This is the pinnacle of your contributions so far, which worries me somewhat. Seeeeeemmmmmmsssss a bit scummy overall when I look at your ISO.

In post 330, Cabd wrote:There is in fact something I am trying to get here, please do not walk into my lines of questioning.
In post 333, reinoe wrote:

What Cabd is doing is pretty obvious.
I'll also take a note of you trying to cockblock the line of inquiry.
When Toomai flips scum you're gonna have a nasty looking associative tell.

I found this response from both of them rather unwarranted, especially given that
Toomai had already answered the questions in post ...
:down: I don't see why they aren't getting similar scrutiny from anyone for their actions. Furthermore, I never got the explanation I asked for in posts /. I asked because I truly didn't see a town motivation for why Cabd was asking such open-ended questions, despite his intent being "pretty obvious".

Please, someone enlighten me about why Cabd's questions were necessary, critical or even helpful, and why it was so scummy to call them fluffy AFTER they'd been answered. Because my understanding of the questions is as follows:

"Do you think the game is currently not in serious mode?"
I don't see how an answer here would have been alignment-indicative. Toomai's vote came all the way back in post , and he made it quite clear in post that his vote was "trying to steer the game towards serious mode." Toomai didn't think it was "serious mode" at the time of the actions that Cabd is calling into question, so the question seems pointless. How would his present stance (at the time of Cabd's question) reveal anything new about Toomai's actions? Toomai's answer makes sense and seems pretty null to me:
In post 327, Toomai wrote:It's a spectrum; I don't think I can define it by pointing to specific posts. Page 10 was pretty serious mode, but when reinoe made his entrance on late 11 it regressed back into silly mode. I'm not sure what the town motivation for doing so would be, because it just creates a distraction.

"If it is, what post do you think kicked off serious mode?"
This just seems plain fluffy. Toomai could have pulled any post between point A (his vote) and point B (Cabd's questions) to answer this, and wouldn't even have to answer this if he just said 'no' to the first question. Again, I don't see how an answer here would have been alignment-indicative of Toomai's motivations or his actions. Any answer is based entirely on individual interpretation. It's unlikely that any two people here would point to the same post as the starting point of "serious mode", so how could Toomai's answer bring about any new information?

---------------------------------------------------

Also, I don't understand why reinoe felt the need to jump in the way he did. What motivation would he have to jump to Cabd's defense and threaten me with associative tells? I don't understand it nor do I see a town motivation for it... The only thing I see that makes any sense is that Cabd's questions were questioning Toomai's reasons for voting reinoe (except they weren't really), so reinoe thought it best to lash at someone criticizing the questions as fluff (which they were)? :neutral:

This post is long overdue, but I wanted to get it out there because this was something that has hooked my brain and won't let go.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:54 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 932, Izariael wrote:Please, someone enlighten me about why Cabd's questions were necessary, critical or even helpful, and why it was so scummy to call them fluffy AFTER they'd been answered. Because my understanding of the questions is as follows:

"Do you think the game is currently not in serious mode?"
I don't see how an answer here would have been alignment-indicative.

This may be a valid criticism. He also may be able to answer what he was trying to get at.

*looks at Cabd*
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:55 am

Post by Cephrir »

Perhaps there's something there and reinoe sees it, but if so, you and I both seem to not be getting it.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:47 am

Post by Mirhawk »

Yeah no, the entire thing looks terrible.

Cabd's question does suck. Any line of inquiry that would have come from it being answered would have been useless.
At best I think the question was rhetorical. If it was a serious question then I have no idea what he was getting at.

Reinoe's response sucks too. Mostly because it was unwarranted, and contained an implicit threat.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: I don't know why you're linking me to pictures of babies on Facebook

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:26 am

Post by Bicephalous Bob »

In post 931, Mirhawk wrote:
In post 908, Aegor wrote:
I would say there is guaranteed scum in Toomai/MVP/DJ.

This is swell, I like it.

If I switch to MVP now can I have Toomai tomorrow?

why are you lining up lynches and using aegor's hyperbole as an excuse to vote MVP?

it's just three players with no useful connection except for the fact that they've all been wagoned
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:27 am

...by each other
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:50 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 937, Bicephalous Bob wrote:...by each other

You'll also note that none of those pushes were serious...
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:52 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 935, Mirhawk wrote:
and contained an implicit threat.

It sure did. But it only has merit if Toomai flips scum.

Selkie
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:54 am

so what was the obvious thing cabd was doing
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:55 am

Post by reinoe »

I wish there were White Castle out here in the West. When I went to Gencon I made it my business to eat there once a day.

Selkie
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:00 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 940, Bicephalous Bob wrote:so what was the obvious thing cabd was doing

Cabd was seeing if everything Toomai says and does is just contentless reasonless garbage. Look at Toomai's ISO it's all apathetic crap that allows him not to take responsibility for anything. It's all..."I'm just not sure: we'll see what happens: I don't know what it does: I'm not confident in any of this...."

Toomai claims that my entrance put the game back in silly mode: that's horseshit and Toomai's 327 is gahdawfull.

Selkie
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:01 am

Post by T S O »

It's really not at all.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:02 am

Post by Mirhawk »

In post 936, Bicephalous Bob wrote:
why are you lining up lynches and using aegor's hyperbole as an excuse to vote MVP?

it's just three players with no useful connection except for the fact that they've all been wagoned

Because I'm coming to the realization that none of the people I really want dead are going to end up that way today.

MVP's and okay lynch, we could easily do worse. Besides if we leave him alive we're just going to have the same arguments to lynch him day two.

I'm not basing my scumreads on associations between players. Doing that before we have any flips would just be pointless guesswork.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:03 am

Post by T S O »

I like Mirhawk a lot.

Mainly because his thoughts on Cephrir echoed my own.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:04 am

Post by Mirhawk »

In post 942, reinoe wrote:

Cabd was seeing if everything Toomai says and does is just contentless reasonless garbage. Look at Toomai's ISO it's all apathetic crap that allows him not to take responsibility for anything. It's all..."I'm just not sure: we'll see what happens: I don't know what it does: I'm not confident in any of this...."

Toomai claims that my entrance put the game back in silly mode: that's horseshit and Toomai's 327 is gahdawfull.

I don't disagree with this, but why did you shut down Izy?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:07 am

Post by T S O »

Do MVP and Cephrir make any sense as scum together?
-Marquis
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:09 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 946, Mirhawk wrote:
In post 942, reinoe wrote:

I don't disagree with this, but why did you shut down Izy?

Because it looked like Izy was trying to prevent Toomai's feet from being held to the fire. Toomai had been under almost non-existant pressure and it looked like Izy was swooping in to prevent it.

Also before anyone points it out, I understand the irony/hypocrisy of stopping line of inquiry by........stopping a line of inquiry.

Selkie
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:18 am

Post by T S O »

And you feel that Izzy was super-worried about Toomai being under a tiny amount of pressure, yes?
-Marquis

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”