NY 176: Completely Ridiculous Mafia (Game Over)

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by Cabd »

Back, catching up.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:09 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 932, Izariael wrote:"Do you think the game is currently not in serious mode?"
I don't see how an answer here would have been alignment-indicative. Toomai's vote came all the way back in post 278, and he made it quite clear in post 323 that his vote was "trying to steer the game towards serious mode." Toomai didn't think it was "serious mode" at the time of the actions that Cabd is calling into question, so the question seems pointless. How would his present stance (at the time of Cabd's question) reveal anything new about Toomai's actions?

It actually slightly colored my read on toomai towards town. Scum appeases and answers questions, town just answers questions. I felt that scum would be more likely to name a specific spot and try to justify it as hard as possible, hence why my followup question existed as well. By essentially "diving" in front of it, you ruined the full effect.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:18 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 990, Depraved Justice wrote:I like how Iz is pretending we aren't a hydra. but I'll explain everything away here in a min.

Nero be honest. Is your other head a titus fanboy/girl?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:22 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1011, MVP wrote:I see none of my partners hasn't made a single post for three days and I see myself on L-1 plus an intent to hammer.
Ah well. I was stuck in this game at the bad time otherwise I should've done this better.

Town even-night gunsmith. I hope you all have a fantastic time sobbing over how notsci-easymeta is taken away from you all.

^So if this is the case, and you're town even night gunsmith...

In post 1016, MVP wrote:Also if we get to be alive until D3, we're scanning Cabd N2.

Why the actual fuck would you say this?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:23 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1017, T S O wrote:I cannot explain why or I will be force-replaced but I hate this claim.

Try me?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1026, Izariael wrote:
In post 1023, Cephrir wrote:DJ, your defense to the points I like seems to be more than hydra dis-- it looks to me like "my hydra partner and I have no communication whatsoever to the point where they move my votes without consulting me".

Seeing as the whole point of a hydra is to have someone to bounce scumreads off who you know is town, and having seen my own communication levels in town and scum hydras, I am not a fan. It's worth noting that I didn't even think both of your heads were posting, so obviously, I cannot tell you apart. You could easily be making up a second head entirely to explain away scummy behavior from my perspective (but I doubt this is the case).

Your move back to MVP as though you never rethought it at all doesn't smell right to me.

:up: I agree with every sentence of this post. :up:

Yeah that but I dunno. I wish nero would let us see some transparency with him and his partner.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:25 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1028, AngryPidgeon wrote:Innout it my drug though.

Yes.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:26 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1033, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 974, Cephrir wrote:Cabd/whoever supported this claim, please tell me more about how there is no way reinoe is scum

That was partially me. Cabd and I just got out of an open game where we were scum with Reinoe. He is just a bit notably different than he was there. He was all business there and rather pointed all the time. Here he is being more loose, light hearted, and trolly. Doesn't make him town, but I definitely empathize with Cabd's perspective on it, having just experienced a Reinoe that was different and scum. Overall though, I'm not really townreading Reinoe? I guess I have him as VERY null scum; I have reads that I actually feel confident about elsewhere. I'd give lynching Reinoe more priority than normal for the sake of shutting people up/policy though.

As the other scumfuck of that game yeah total night and day so far.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1106, Cabd wrote:
In post 1028, AngryPidgeon wrote:Innout it my drug though.

Yes.

You are moving to Chicago, no innout for you!
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:30 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1045, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1044, Cephrir wrote:reinoe is Lord Business?

No, lol, I was just being silly. I think LB was generic.

This is correct.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1053, MVP wrote:But then if he was a mafia doctor with possibly a daytalk (she had that in her last large normal too iirc), he probably would've asked to his scumbuddies.
I think he's more likely to be a serial killer.

GM has ranted to me via skype many a time lately that she is very against my policy of daytalk for ALL THE THINGS!!!!! and wants everything to go back to night only, so i'd bet this game is nights only.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:33 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1061, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1060, Cephrir wrote:I still think MVP is scum

If I wave my hands a little bit and tell you that they are probably not the droids we're looking for, would you be willing to give them a pass for a little bit?

You're a pidgeon that goes "whooooo whooo" aren't you?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:34 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1074, Bicephalous Bob wrote:yes I didn't aim for one particular answer great catch

it's just a question scum could easily fuck up, that is the town motivation for asking it

what is the scum motivation

I'm going to keep scrolling down and you're going to keep repeating this like it will make the WTFery go away, aren't you?
Depraved Justice
Depraved Justice
Goon
Depraved Justice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:34 pm

Post by Depraved Justice »

In post 1102, Cabd wrote:
In post 990, Depraved Justice wrote:I like how Iz is pretending we aren't a hydra. but I'll explain everything away here in a min.

Nero be honest. Is your other head a titus fanboy/girl?

It is a lonely fanclub. I tried to recruit Titus. She said that would be to egoinflating.

:cool:
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:35 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1079, Bicephalous Bob wrote:
In post 1077, reinoe wrote:
In post 1075, T S O wrote:but the quality of people voting him, like MVP and Cephrir, who both are in my top 3 scumreads, makes it pretty obvious this wagon is bullshit.

Even though TSO is a leaning scumread of mine, I was starting to go crazy thinking that I was the only person who does wagon analysis on D1.

VOTE: Bicephalous Bob

WHAT IS THE SCUM MOTIVATION

I win a cookie, dammit.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1083, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1080, goodmorning wrote:With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. The day will end in 4 days, 5 hours, 17 minutes

If we could lynch someone in the next 48 hours so as not to tempt deadline rushes, that'd be fantastic. Lets start consolidating votes and getting off vanity wagons. *cough cabd cough*

Another ticker for AP town, also agree, see tales of you or really any large game in the past year for examples of why this fucking sucks. That said, uh, i'm not on any vanity wagons, learn2votecountread? I had unvoted MVP who was the main wagon at the time?
Depraved Justice
Depraved Justice
Goon
Depraved Justice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:36 pm

In post 1087, reinoe wrote:
In post 1081, Bicephalous Bob wrote:reinoe, do you consider your scum meta to be consistent?

I didn't really want to broach this subject because "self-meta", but since you asked...I always play the same way as scum. I occasionally play that way as town so that it doesn't become a reliable tell. This is wiki confirmable.

Let me guess...you wrote your own wiki.

I could write DJ is the most amazing scumhunter ever and always town with perfect fluff in the wiki. Would you buy it?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:37 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1092, T S O wrote:
In post 1076, AngryPidgeon wrote:TSO, comment on mvps claim?

Exceptionally easy to fakeclaim, one of the safest things there is to claim, the explanation about their playing matching their claim holds no water with me, and I also have another reason to think it's false which I cannot discuss.

Like on a scale of 1 to 10 how surefire is this, without explaining the details behind it?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:38 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1098, reinoe wrote:Phone posting from work...

There's something I forgot take into account when I considered my vote on Bob.

VOTE: toomai

Ewwwww. Why must you make shit posts like this when I'm finally convincing myself you're surefire town and i will ignore all the people pushing otherwise?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:39 pm

Post by Cabd »

Caught up. Also confused as to why AP dropped his aegor push from earlier.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:49 pm

Post by Aegor »

In post 1119, Cabd wrote:Caught up. Also confused as to why AP dropped his aegor push from earlier.

I now. Now I feel lonely and disengaged. :(
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:51 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Fun fact: egrets are much sadder than they are angry that herons are much more impressive/frightening.

Votecount 1.36
reinoe [L-3] - Bicephalous Bob, Toomai, T S O, Izariael, Depraved Justice

Bicephalous Bob [L-5] - AngryPidgeon, MVP, Cephrir

Toomai [L-5] - Mirhawk, Aeronaut, reinoe

MVP [L-6] - TheWayItEnds, Aegor

T S O [L-7] - Ki-Gi

Not Voting [1] - Cabd

With 15 alive, it takes
to lynch. The day will end in (expired on 2014-08-30 21:00:00)

Some of MVP is V/LA a bit.
TheWayItEnds is V/LA til Saturday.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:52 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 1116, Depraved Justice wrote:
In post 1081, Bicephalous Bob wrote:reinoe, do you consider your scum meta to be consistent?

I didn't really want to broach this subject because "self-meta", but since you asked...I always play the same way as scum. I occasionally play that way as town so that it doesn't become a reliable tell. This is wiki confirmable.

Let me guess...you wrote your own wiki.

I could write DJ is the most amazing scumhunter ever and always town with perfect fluff in the wiki. Would you buy it?

You asked a question. I answered it. The answer I gave you is 100% verifiable in a multitude of ways.

What's your problem?
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:57 pm

Post by Izariael »

I find this to be a silly question and a silly answer. Self-meta indicates self-awareness. If you're self-aware of your scum meta
then you would know ways to avoid it to curb meta suspicions.
Apparently it's beyond players to evolve and adapt their scum meta though. :roll: Also: "Wiki confirmable"..? Please. Let me go write a wiki that implies my behavior should never be questioned, then I can self-meta too.

Bob, does reinoe's answer remove any possibility of him being scum? I don't see it being alignment-indicative.
I have the comprehensive ability of a vegetable.
Depraved Justice
Depraved Justice
Goon
Depraved Justice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:30 pm

In post 1009, Izariael wrote:However, I don't agree with your vote on MVP

What so townie about MVP? (we aren't discussing his claim here.)

In post 1009, Izariael wrote:I wasn't aware that my level of experience at mafiascum would dictate how I have to evaluate your vote. I'll make a mental note of that for future games. [/sarcasm]

My point was that pretty much every RVS wagon is going to contain unexplained votes. I feel like its very black and white thinking that it HAS to be scum.

In post 1009, Izariael wrote:
In post 999, Izariael wrote:
In post 993, Depraved Justice wrote:
In post 987, Izariael wrote:#4)

Our hydra is scummy for town reading your biggest scum reads?!?
I pray to Allah you are scum 'cause if you are town and think this is a viable scumtell then I don't know what to think.

You don't think there's any possible scum motivation for subtly townreading fellow scum? When you don't give reasons for your reads it makes it a hard pill to swallow.

*throws hands up* WTF is this shit? "you need to admit there's scum motivation in this." "scum motivation in that."
There's scum motivation in pretty much everything since this game is basically WIFOM guesswork with luck thrown in. If you can imagine it, scum have done it before.
Though other than the fact that you think I'm scum what it makes it more likely that I'm a scumbuddy then town misreading them?
And that this is ignoring the fact that this is unflipped associative which is pretty cray cray to be pushing.

So you admit it could be scummy, but imply that I'm dumb town for thinking it could be scummy? I apologize for sometimes taking the road less traveled.
As for the associative, I admit it's very weak when doing unflipped guesswork, but I wasn't really planning on pushing for your lynch until Cabd or reinoe flipped. You asked me a question and I answered it.
:up:

eh....

Just this whole idea that you and Mir are pushing that I need to "admit if something has scum motivation" is such a silly silly argument. You two are pushing a mislynch. There's scum motivation in that. So when I flip town that means you guys are scum right, I mean there's scum motivation there. What happens if Cabd and/or Reinoe flip town? That means you are pushing mislynchs and there's scum motivation in that. You are essentially chain lynching here and there's scum motivation in that. This argument is really stupid.

In post 1036, AngryPidgeon wrote:Ok, if this is in response to your read switch on Cabd, could you make the timeline on that more clear??

27, 38, 39 were :igmeou:
42 was :cool:
47 was :igmeou:
201-203 were :cool:
214-825 is :igmeou:
837-969 is :cool:
980,83 are :igmeou:
986 is :cool:
990-1007 is :igmeou:
Nero is :igmeou:

~ :igmeou:

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”