Mafia 62: Suspicion in Sicily - Game over!

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 11:18 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Another deadly night on the streets and in the homes of Sicily's capital. Mixed emotions fill the hearts of those hearing the news this time:

First, a 1-1-2 call brought police to the site of a horrific car accident. However upon further examination, the wreck seems to have not been an accident at all, but rather the result of a series of small-caliber, high-velocity rounds being fired into
Ancalagon
's car as he drove home from work. The body was identified by some of the very people he worked with at the hospital.

Secondly, and possibly related, a body was found on the street outside the Museo Archeologico Regionale, apparently haven fallen from the roof. Foul play was also suspected here, as the fingers and throat showed signs of a struggle, indicating that this was not merely a suicide in reaction the grow growing danger facing the city. The investigation was unofficially suspended when it came to light that
scotmany12
had serious connections to the mob, and was not a pillar of the community by any stretch of the imagination.

Ancalagon, Nurse, was shot dead Night Four.
scotmany12,
Mafia Goon
, fell to his death Night Four.

It is now Day Five; with five left alive, just three votes will be enough to lynch.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 11:33 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Ah man. :cry:
Anyways, good luck to scum.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, that's lucky. That dead scum might have stopped us from losing last night.

That being said, I'm now more confident about rand being scum. Looking at scott's post, I get a vibe that he was just giving one excuse after another for not voting for rand. He kept saying "well, I don't want to lynch rand just based on lurkiness" and ended up lynching cubs just based on lurkiness. Definatly feel a strong connection there between scot and rand, I think. Not going to vote rand just yet, don't want to rush things when there still might be 1 mafia and 1 sk, or perhaps even worse, but that's where I'm leaning.

For reference, here are the scot posts I'm talking about:
scotmany12 wrote: Secondly, I'm not ready to lynch Rand purely on his lurkiness. I say we leave him at what he is now, and if we can't get anything else going, then he will be our deadline lynch.
scotmany12 wrote: Yosa, I'm not entirely sure on who we should lynch. I was simply suggesting that we don't have enough reason to go out and lynch rand normally. His lurkiness is not enough. Having him be a deadline lynch, however, will be fine. Unless there are more reasons to lynch him, then I think that we should leave him where he is at right now, and if nothing else comes up, then he gets lynched at deadline.
scotmany12 wrote: As for RA, there isn't much on him. He has been lurking most of the game, which I don't think warrants enough for a lynch. Lynching lurkers is fine for a deadline lynch, but I dislike straight out lurking them. One other things that I found intriguing was him hammer on Kinkster, and for a lackluster reason as well. So yeah, I guess he could be scum, but not entirely sure about him due to his lack of interest as it seems.
scotmany12 wrote:Both RA and Cubs have been lurking throughout this game quite a lot. That does not totally make them scum. I view them as just some lurkers who aren't paticularly helpful. I'm not really ok with going out and lynching some one just because they are lurking. For a deadline lynch, lurkers are fine, but I don't want to see them get lynched just for lurking.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Ancalagon
Ancalagon
Goon
Ancalagon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 12:10 pm

Post by Ancalagon »

Bah.
Wise men make proverbs; fools repeat them.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by PJ. »

I buy that,
Vote:Rand
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 1:27 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Let's hold of on the votes until everyone's commented, ok? Even if I'm right, we've still got a SK to find.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 4:36 pm

Post by PJ. »

K, still have my votes. I think this game just got a lot easier.
AlexPaoletti
AlexPaoletti
Townie
AlexPaoletti
Townie
Townie

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2007 7:25 am

Post by AlexPaoletti »

I agree with Yos; we should be very careful with our votes. We're looking at this game having 3 or 4 mafia, right? If it started with 4, then there are two left. If there are two left, only one other person will have to put a vote on a non-mafioso for them to win.

That being said,
FoS: Rand Althor
. He definitely seems scum, and the defense scotmany gave him suggests it even more so.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2007 9:54 pm

Post by Raffles »

I'm holding off on my comment for Rand until he posts. As with all the other days, I'm feeling these wagons gain momentum way too quickly than I'm comfortable with, which can be an indication that scums are still very confident they can win it despite their losses.

This day strikes me as a bit of deja vu. In my most recent newbie game, we had 2scum-3town lylo. Town had guilty cop investigation, and at this the scum partner immediately jumped ship, which I didn't expect to happen at lylo. Falling for this, I killed townie the next day, ending it in town loss.

The Panzer's post is almost identical to what the scum posted at that time. I'm very wary of that.
Woof!
Rand Althor
Rand Althor
Goon
Rand Althor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 8:24 am

Post by Rand Althor »

Well I have to agree that this looks very bad for me.

I belive that Scotmany held of on voting me because later in the game he belived an easier wagon would be placed on me and I would be distracting the better scum hunters in the game from them and have them placed on me. If you reread Scotmany one can find his posts pretty eratic the whole game. If we are using the same logic about him "protecting me" we can also see that at one point he trys to protect cubs.
scotmany12 wrote:This is how cubs plays guys. I'm not entirely sure he is scum because of it.
And in a few posts raffles.
scotmany12 wrote:Just looking over raffles posts, I don't particularly find him scummy. I don't particularly like his play in the early game, with the bandwagon, and I found his defense lackluster, but besides that, I see nothing wrong with him.

One thing that gets at me is DP's suspicion of raffles. The thing that makes me believe that raffles is town is that I'm almost guaranteeing that DP investigated raffles night 1, and he did not push for a lynch day 2(these days might be off by a day or so). Makes me believe that he got an innocent on raffles, or in this case that he does not use guns.

Overall, I don't think raffles is scum. I'll do a more in depth one of these tomorrow, and try to get the other one done as well.
scotmany12 wrote:I don't think raffles is scum. If dp was that suspicious of raffles, I would guess that he would investigate him on night 1. If that is what happened, then raffles would be innocent because dp was not pushing for a raffles lynch. This makes me think that raffles is town.
I'm not really convinced that we should lynch based on what cubs has been doing.
Rand Althor
Rand Althor
Goon
Rand Althor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 8:24 am

Post by Rand Althor »

*Edit that last sentence I mean scotmany.
AlexPaoletti
AlexPaoletti
Townie
AlexPaoletti
Townie
Townie

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 4:03 am

Post by AlexPaoletti »

So, no posts since Saturday. What now. We have to make a decision about who's scum.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 9:19 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Anyone have any other thoughts before I vote for scot?
AlexPaoletti
AlexPaoletti
Townie
AlexPaoletti
Townie
Townie

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by AlexPaoletti »

For scot??
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 1:46 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Erm, for rand. Lol.
Rand Althor
Rand Althor
Goon
Rand Althor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 6:44 pm

Post by Rand Althor »

Yosarian2 wrote:Anyone have any other thoughts before I vote for scot?
Care to coment on what I said?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 10:50 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, looking at scot's posts, I don't think he was trying to set you up for a lynch later, rand; he was too consistant about defending you without looking obveous about it. And his behavior towards cubs looked very different; he initially sounded like he didn't want to lynch cubs, but when it came to a choice between lynching cubs and lynching you he went after cubs aggressivly.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 7:07 am

Post by Raffles »

Sorry been prodded. This game just seemed to have slipped out of my mind.

Yos, I can't accuse Rand Al for your reasons, because it is hypocritical for me. And the fact that Scot defended me and cubsfan too makes me WIFOM-ish about whether Rand Al is scum, purely based on that.

But reading back his posts, I can't see anything townish about him from his posts. But then that is not really a good enough reason to vote.

My stance is if you want to lynch him, I don't have much qualms about it. It's just that I don't have a good enough reason to vote, without being hypocritical.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 9:26 am

Post by PJ. »

I was also prodded.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 11:12 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, it's not really fair to say he "defended cubsfan", Raffles. There were several posts where he defending lurkers in general, where he mentioned cubsfan too but I think it was pretty clear that the main person he was trying to defend was Rand; the cubsfan thing was just cover so it wouldn't be so obveous, I think. And then later he eagerly jumped on the cubsfan wagon in order to save rand, it looks like; if Rand wasn't scum, I don't think scot would have cared which one of them got lynched, but it looks like he did care.

As it dosn't really look like anyone has anything else to say, I guess I'm going to roll the dice and

vote:Rand Althor
Rand Althor
Rand Althor
Goon
Rand Althor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:52 pm

Post by Rand Althor »

I'm really dissapointed with the lack of activity right now.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:46 pm

Post by Raffles »

I'm not trying to derail the wagon, but I think it might be useful to discuss this while we are still awake. Who would you name for the possible SK?
Woof!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:47 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Raffles wrote:I'm not trying to derail the wagon, but I think it might be useful to discuss this while we are still awake. Who would you name for the possible SK?
Eh...if we're going to lynch Rand, not sure how useful that thought is; if we all name who we think the SK is, wouldn't that make it easier for the SK to control the endgame by picking his kill carefully, either to get rid of someone who suspects him or to frame someone?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:33 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Deadline set for Wednesday, June 13th.
Because of the small number of players left, no reduction in the number of votes needed to lynch, but either pick up the discussion or come to a decision by then, please.

First Vote Count of Day Five:

Rand Althor - 2 (Panzerjager, Yosarian2)

Not voting - 3 (Raffles, Rand Althor, AlexPaoletti)

Three votes to lynch.
I will prod people tonight who have not posted so far this week.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:43 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, if there's 2 mafia left, then Rand HAS to be one of them, or else they'd already have lynched him by now. If there's only 1 mafia left, then I'm not sure the fact Rand's not been lynched yet says much; probably just means that the 1 scum is either Rand, Panzer, or a lurker. Which dosn't actually mean much as basically everyone is lurking.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”