Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:40 pm

Post by Fletcher »

Thok wrote:
Fletcher wrote:Questions: Does anyone know exactly why Nekka-Lucifer was kicked out? Can we get a quote? Is that against the rules?
Nekka-Lucifer was modkilled for out of thread communication (sending a PM about the game to A Papaya as mentioned earlier in the thread).
Somehow I missed the discussion just before Nekka getting banned, so I missed the fact that the discussion was pms between two of the players. Sorry about that.

Onto suspicions and such.
A Papaya wrote:The only reason I haven't voted NL yet is that he's always extremely scummy...and that's why I think he just sucks at Mafia. Which is also a good reason to lynch someone.

Vote: N-L
I still find this odd. Can you explain this logic to me Papaya?

At this point I think it would be very helpful for us to think about whether or not Nekka-Luicifer was scum. Honestly I think it is very likely that he was. He was very excited about night even though he had played in other games before and should well know that night did not occur until someone is lynched (is he always that excited?).
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:Also, yeh thx Fletcher for pointing out to say Nekka-Lucifer instead of N-L, cause I'm getting confused if people are talking to me or what...(w... too far?)
I find this hard to believe. If I had the initials NL I'm pretty sure I would always be thinking people were always talking about me. It's just odd that someone would lie about something like that. Then again he could have been telling the truth and I may be just reading into it too much. I still like to go with the addage that liers are scum, though.
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:I'm scared now, I got 4 votes on here, what have I done? Look at my join date, no-one's taking it into consideration anymore...
This is also weird, because earlier he made a point of saying this:
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:I'm relatively new, but stressing the relatively.....
He stresses the fact that he is not too new then uses his newness as a defense.

Also people like Xdaamno, A Papaya, Haut Boy, and xyzzy seemed very eager to jump on the Nekka-Lucifer bandwagon. It seemed to me that they misinterpreted Nekka quite a bit. Obviously all of them can't be scum, but it is worth noting.
Xdaamno wrote:Yes, but Yogurt, you said it was random then said you were guessing. Just dosen't seem the kind of thing to naturally say while RVing.
This is another weird one. Why would you attack this? I would ever have given Yogurt's post a second glance.

I also have no idea why people are voting IH.

Vote: Xdaamno
, he seems very vote happy.
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:47 pm

Post by Thok »

Official vote count

IH (2): (YogurtBandit, Xdaamno)
Xdaamno (2): (The Central Scrutinizer, Fletcher)
mlaker (1): (Haschel Cedricson)
The Central Scrutinizer (1): (mlaker)
A Papaya (1): (IH)
YogurtBandit (0):
Fletcher (0):
McStab (0):
xyzzy (0):
Haschel Cedricson (0):
Haut Boy (0):

Not Voting (4): (A Papaya, Haut Boy, McStab, xyzzy)

With 11 alive, it's 6 to lynch.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:27 am

Post by Xdaamno »

This is another weird one. Why would you attack this? I would ever have given Yogurt's post a second glance.
Look back. I only checked it briefly, and it was his overdefensiveness that made me need to explain myself more. Since I had to provide such a large explanation, it came off more aggresivly than I wanted it to.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:11 am

Post by Fletcher »

I didn't say that I think your large explanation is scummy. The fact that pointed it out in the first place is weird.
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:13 am

Post by Fletcher »

That second sentence is supposed to read: "The fact that
you
pointed it out in the first place is weird."
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:26 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Hmm, OK. It's just there wasn't anything else to go on, and I'm fond of the small psychological tells like people saying 'mafia' instead of 'scum'.

Though, now I've said that, nobody will fall for it >.<
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:23 am

Post by Fletcher »

Xdaamno wrote:Hmm, OK. It's just there wasn't anything else to go on, and I'm fond of the small psychological tells like people saying 'mafia' instead of 'scum'.
Did someone conduct a study in my absence?
A Papaya
A Papaya
Townie
A Papaya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:38 am

Post by A Papaya »

I'll explain my logic now, Fletcher.

This is my opinion.
Nekka Lucifer is an idiot, IMO. He doesn't help at all, and in every other game he is in, I get the impression that he is scum. He just isn't that good at mafia. Therefore, it's most likely he'll end up doing something stupid, even as a townie, and we'll waste a lynch later in the game, when it matters more, on him. That's why I wanted him out of the way now.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:42 am

Post by Xdaamno »

This is my opinion.
Nekka Lucifer is an idiot, IMO. He doesn't help at all, and in every other game he is in, I get the impression that he is scum. He just isn't that good at mafia. Therefore, it's most likely he'll end up doing something stupid, even as a townie, and we'll waste a lynch later in the game, when it matters more, on him. That's why I wanted him out of the way now.
Papaya! When the HELL did you get the right to go round calling people idiots? The only grounds for that should be for flaming etc, not for 'playing badly'! Seriously, apologize; you don't even know who he is and you called him an idiot.

OT:
Did someone conduct a study in my absence?
No, it's just pretty simple psychology. There's a few people that would agree with me, I'm sure, and I did recall someone saying this in mafia discussion at some point aswell.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:01 am

Post by xyzzy »

A Papaya wrote:I'll explain my logic now, Fletcher.

This is my opinion.
That's a very bad reason. You're saying his playing style makes it impossible to tell his alliance; that should be reason to let him live until we get better information.

Vote: A Papaya
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:41 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Xdaamno wrote:Hmm, OK. It's just there wasn't anything else to go on, and I'm fond of the small psychological tells like people saying 'mafia' instead of 'scum'.

How is saying Mafia a Tell as opposed to saying scum?
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:09 am

Post by Xdaamno »

It's a very deep psychological reason; mafia often make an attempt to refer to themselves in third person rather than refer to themselves naturally, and so use the term 'mafia' more often.

Of course, this is dependant on the 'base heart rate' of how often they say the word 'scum' anyway.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:31 am

Post by xyzzy »

YogurtBandit wrote:

How is saying Mafia a Tell as opposed to saying scum?
I suspect the only real difference is from player to player.

It's possible that one word is scummiet than another, but it's probably just a difference as to who's playing.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Xdaamno »

I disagree, but it's irrelevant.

FOS: Yoghurt
for steering us off course.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:56 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Xdaamno wrote:It's a very deep psychological reason; mafia often make an attempt to refer to themselves in third person rather than refer to themselves naturally, and so use the term 'mafia' more often.

Of course, this is dependant on the 'base heart rate' of how often they say the word 'scum' anyway.
I guess Everyone who plays Mafia should start calling the Mafia, The Opponent. :D
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:25 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

YogurtBandit wrote:the Mafia
BZZZT! :P
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:39 pm

Post by Fletcher »

I disagree with you Papaya, but I can see where you're coming from.

I also disagree with Xdaamno FOS, like 3 people asked you about the same exact thing. Why are you only FOSing Yogurt?
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:45 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

Xdaamno wrote:
YogurtBandit wrote:the Mafia
BZZZT! :P
What is this " Mafia " You are talking about? I only know the Opponent. 8)
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:13 pm

Post by xyzzy »

I don't care what we call them, as long as they don't get them proverbial basketball. :P
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:45 am

Post by Xdaamno »

I also disagree with Xdaamno FOS, like 3 people asked you about the same exact thing. Why are you only FOSing Yogurt?
I forgot to add the :P at the end of my post. It was half-joking.

The serious side of it was he was the first person that came to mind after reading back a little.
Cracking Idea Mafia
A Papaya
A Papaya
Townie
A Papaya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:27 am

Post by A Papaya »

Xdaamno wrote: Papaya! When the HELL did you get the right to go round calling people idiots? The only grounds for that should be for flaming etc, not for 'playing badly'! Seriously, apologize; you don't even know who he is and you called him an idiot.
It's my opinion, which I think can be validly expressed.

@xyzzy: IMO, he's the best lynch we've got today.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:38 am

Post by Xdaamno »

A Papaya, I don't give one on what your opinion of how good he is at mafia is, but we're not being reduced to name-calling :P

Anyway, what you replying to xyzzy about? Who do you think is the best lynch?
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:03 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Perhaps we should just vote No Lynch, Because If N-L was town, and another townie is Lynched, than we're down two pepole. I'm willing to do it, Especially since I want to see N-l's role.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:40 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Care to provide some mathmatical statistical backup supporting the idea of no-lynching?
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:10 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Xdaamno wrote:Care to provide some mathmatical statistical backup supporting the idea of no-lynching?
Well, If we accidwently Lynch a Townie, and N-L turns up town ( Since he made a newb mistake, The chances are higher ) Thats two down. Which would be bad. If we No-Lynch, The worst that can happen is that we lose one townie, the best A "Opponent". Yes, if someone is obviously Mafia right now, Then that would be a good idea. Besides, Even if It goes into night with N-L as town, there is always the possibility of a RoleBlocker or Two. If you go back to Page 2, Post 28, by you, You Fos'ed No Lynch. :P

Fos: No Lynch
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”