NY 176: Completely Ridiculous Mafia (Game Over)

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:45 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Oh Scrambles replaced Aeronaut. Had a weird moment there.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:49 am

Post by scrambles »

In post 361, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 357, TheWayItEnds wrote:Just the total lack of you being town in the thread if I'm honest.

Its my secret tell.

The 'secret tell' part sounded like you had a meta read on me or something.

Also I think my town and scum play are fairly starkly different and you nailed me correctly in NY (172?).

Trying to figure out where you are going with this.

I thought it was pretty obvious what he meant by "secret tell". Why did you jump to some other conclusion?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:23 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1726, scrambles wrote:I thought it was pretty obvious what he meant by "secret tell". Why did you jump to some other conclusion?

Just looking at this quote, I can't even remember what it was.

So no its not obvious. I hazarded a guess for fun.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:38 am

Post by scrambles »

Sorry im just rereading now that I understand who is who now. Was really hard reading with so many players im not familiar with.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:13 am

Post by goodmorning »

Fun fact: who can meet a toucan?

Votecount 2.11
reinoe [L-5] - Izariael, Toomai

Toomai [L-5] - Aegor, reinoe

Cephrir [L-6] - ika

T S O [L-6] - T S O

MVP [L-6] -scrambles

Not Voting [7] - MVP, Cabd, Mirhawk, TheWayItEnds, AngryPidgeon, Cephrir

With 13 alive, it takes
to lynch. The day will end in (expired on 2014-09-15 00:00:00).

reinoe is sort of not about this life til Thursday.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:14 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 1704, Izariael wrote:

What bothers me about it isn't that there's information I don't know; it's that they're going out of their way to say they have information cryptically. I don't understand why Cabd would have such a level trust with AP where he could tell him this information but no one else, or how that information is doing anything at the moment by being concealed. Neither of them has done anything since their exchange, it's just sitting there uselessly.

Out of curiosity, what did you think of the exchange Ceph and I had a page or 2 ago?

In post 1718, scrambles wrote:
In post 11, Aeronaut wrote:Yes! This game finally started! Aegor, Mirhawk, CABD and TheWayItEnds, pleasure to be playing with you again. The rest of you... hey there.

VOTE: Toomai

Your move, Chief.

It's too bad I don't get to play with this guy. He seems like a cool dude. Not sure why he'd replace out since he looked so excited to be playing.

Aero's a cool guy. eh lynches scum and doesnt afraid of anything.

(you're aware this is your slot right? This is an odd thing to say about your own slot.)

In post 1719, scrambles wrote:Is mastin a she?

This cant possibly be relevant.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1730, TheWayItEnds wrote:(you're aware this is your slot right? This is an odd thing to say about your own slot.)

Ya, I think I read that post and I defaulted to thinking that Aero was the other replacement because it looked like he was wondering someone else grew disinterested and repalced out (presumably due to having a scum role PM). Then I realized that was his own slot and I lol'd.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

wondering if*
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1730, TheWayItEnds wrote:This cant possibly be relevant.

Don't mind mastin distancing from her alt account.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

I actually literally thought that when he replaced in.

But he inned to replace a game mastin was signed up for I think.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:43 pm

Post by scrambles »

Twie
do you think its odd that m irhawk said he'd be watching bob yet vote parked toomie the rest of the day?
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:20 pm

Post by Aegor »

In post 1700, ika wrote:i want to see your giant wall post. you constantly harp on MVP for most thread but keep moving to toon. to me its jsut guts scum read. but maybe your wall will make me think otherwise

Have I been unclear in my preferences for lynches? I have tried to be transparent.

@iz:
I have played with reinoe before; he often trolls. I therefore did not feel the need to push him in particular this game, especially given that I had two other players I wanted dead.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:21 pm

Post by ika »

In post 1736, Aegor wrote:
In post 1700, ika wrote:i want to see your giant wall post. you constantly harp on MVP for most thread but keep moving to toon. to me its jsut guts scum read. but maybe your wall will make me think otherwise

Have I been unclear in my preferences for lynches? I have tried to be transparent.

@iz:
I have played with reinoe before; he often trolls. I therefore did not feel the need to push him in particular this game, especially given that I had two other players I wanted dead.

somewhat, it just irks me cus i feel like there is something more that im missing...
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:22 pm

Post by ika »

its transparent by the convos that took place but whatever
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:39 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

In post 1657, Mirhawk wrote:
I was pretty ambivalent with regards to Aeronaught, Ika seems way more town then his predecessor though.

This is apparently completely backwards. As Ika was ki-gi before.

In post 1660, Izariael wrote:
Was it really though? We never did get a claim out of him as we did with MVP at L-1. The posts he made when his wagon was at L-3 were more of the same useless spam, and 4 votes (Bob, Toomai, DJ, Bob) so I don't think he was acting in a manner that suggests he was really feeling any pressure.

I'm not sure why this is relevant. Putting pressure on players simply for the sake of garnering claims is bad play. I usually find it more curious when players claim before they're at L-1, so I'm not sure why it's suspicious that he didn't claim at L-3.

In post 1717, MVP wrote:I see.
Well honestly I'm planning to get myself autolynched Day 3 regardless of my reports if my claim is still suspicious until then. My usefulness as a claimed even-night gunsmith is complete after tonight anyway.
That's part of the reason I posted that readlist out of the blue.

This post is incredibly shitty. If you're town then this is basically advocating what you would have to know would be a mislynch on a PR. I still don't think you should be lynched today, but this totally reads as a sleazy bid for towncred.

In post 1735, scrambles wrote:Twie
do you think its odd that m irhawk said he'd be watching bob yet vote parked toomie the rest of the day?

Shouldn't you be questioning me as to why I did this instead of hunting around to see if anyone else will bite?
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:13 pm

Post by scrambles »

In post 1739, Mirhawk wrote:
In post 1657, Mirhawk wrote:
I was pretty ambivalent with regards to Aeronaught, Ika seems way more town then his predecessor though.

This is apparently completely backwards. As Ika was ki-gi before.

Was it really though? We never did get a claim out of him as we did with MVP at L-1. The posts he made when his wagon was at L-3 were more of the same useless spam, and 4 votes (Bob, Toomai, DJ, Bob) so I don't think he was acting in a manner that suggests he was really feeling any pressure.

I'm not sure why this is relevant. Putting pressure on players simply for the sake of garnering claims is bad play. I usually find it more curious when players claim before they're at L-1, so I'm not sure why it's suspicious that he didn't claim at L-3.

In post 1717, MVP wrote:I see.
Well honestly I'm planning to get myself autolynched Day 3 regardless of my reports if my claim is still suspicious until then. My usefulness as a claimed even-night gunsmith is complete after tonight anyway.
That's part of the reason I posted that readlist out of the blue.

This post is incredibly shitty. If you're town then this is basically advocating what you would have to know would be a mislynch on a PR. I still don't think you should be lynched today, but this totally reads as a sleazy bid for towncred.

In post 1735, scrambles wrote:Twie

Shouldn't you be questioning me as to why I did this instead of hunting around to see if anyone else will bite?

I was actually asking because I made the post already and it was ignored in favor of asking why I wondered about mastin. TWIE asked how my post was relevant, so I wanted to know if he found any of my posts relevant. Maybe you should have asked what I was doing as well. ;)
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:58 pm

Post by T S O »

yeah Cabd just if you actually get shit done as scum; that's an incredibly basic question, I guess, but basically do you run the game or somewhat sit back?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:58 pm

Post by T S O »

big ceph I'll respond tonight
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:35 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1741, T S O wrote:yeah Cabd just if you actually get shit done as scum; that's an incredibly basic question, I guess, but basically do you run the game or somewhat sit back?

I tend to do more "active" work as scum than as town actually. Scumcabd in larges tries to find the most influential town (used to be ffery, usually) and shape their reads from the get go to fit his agenda. A good example of this was new york 165, where I pretty much infiltrated the townblock before it was even fully formed.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:40 am

Post by scrambles »

1538 1723 1735
Does that count as beetlejuice?
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:58 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 1730, TheWayItEnds wrote:Out of curiosity, what did you think of the exchange Ceph and I had a page or 2 ago?

I didn't really think much of it. I'm not exactly sure what the conclusion you drew from the exchange was, but it seemed to be about Aero's slot. You guys weren't going out of your way to be needlessly cryptic so it doesn't really irk me in the way Cabd/AP's exchange did.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Cabd, perhaps you'd be willing to answer me this, so I can feel a bit better about your exchange. Why did you choose to specify where the content could be found (pokegym.net), but then get very cryptic about the content being discussed? Would it not have been easier to speak plainly about that set-up speculation, and just not state which off-site source it came from? If people don't know it's off-site meta or where it could be found off-site, then it would be incredibly difficult to stay ahead of you and know where you're going with it. , .
I have the comprehensive ability of a vegetable.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:01 am

Post by scrambles »

@izzy
I was actually wondering that myself, but was more interested in seeing who out there would actually try and figure it out.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:48 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 1739, Mirhawk wrote:

I wasn't voting just to get a claim. I was voting to lynch. But a claim would have made me feel a lot better about his wagon disbanding as suddenly as it did. Instead, we got nothing out of it except scummy reinoe flying under the radar.

I didn't/don't think it's suspicious that reinoe didn't claim at L-3. I tend to agree that early claims are unnecessary and I have a knee-jerk reaction to them, but it's somewhat situational. I was noting that his behavior showed he wasn't really feeling any pressure. He was posting the same useless crap as he was posting before the wagon. On second glance though, I don't think that my initial assessment there was an accurate statement though.

Looking back at the votecounts from that timeframe, I think it
strongly suggests
that reinoe was pushing various wagons to try and counter his own and/or push for mislynch, which could be indicative of feeling pressure, and more likely of being scum. Look at reinoe's votes in Toomai's . Post is where goodmorning posted the votecount with the reinoe wagon in the lead at L-3. Between then and the time that his wagon was completely disbanded, he joined 3 other wagons, each with active momentum.

#1: Bob Wagon (; votecount @ )

#2: Toomai Wagon (; votecount @ )
Read the two comments that came right before his vote swap. reinoe then changes his vote to the next-biggest wagon.

#3: DJ Wagon (; no votecount available to list this)
Ceph and T S O voted DJ at and respectively. He gave no reason to voting DJ, but his vote came moments before .

#4: Bob Wagon (; votecount @ )
Onto the big wagon. Gotta get that mislynch rolling.
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:58 am

Post by Toomai »

I just realized that pretty much no-one called out reinoe for declaring V/LA in this game but no others. I know it's usually disingenuous to question someone's V/LA, but I've never seen one explicitly stated to be single-game, and I don't see how taking a V/LA helps to "avoid a flame war" (since if it's really that bad, it'll just happen upon return). I don't like it.
This should be required reading for...everyone for anything, really.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:05 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 1748, Toomai wrote:I just realized that pretty much no-one called out reinoe for declaring V/LA in this game but no others. I know it's usually disingenuous to question someone's V/LA, but I've never seen one explicitly stated to be single-game, and I don't see how taking a V/LA helps to "avoid a flame war" (since if it's really that bad, it'll just happen upon return). I don't like it.

It's been addressed briefly by T S O and Cephrir (/)

Personally, I think reinoe is avoiding what he sees as a losing argument. But I think he's scum and admit to probable bias. I'm regarding it as null for that reason.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”