Mini 455 - Mafia in Theoville - Game Over who won?

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:04 pm

Post by Adel »

NanookTheWolf wrote:
What's with the attack there Adel? First off just let me state that I don't care if you're a newbie or not .. It's not an excuse for ever being scummy as you put it. My vote was more out of confusion then it was tactful, and why do claim being scummy?

I made a mistake by exposing the cop, but honestly it's not something that I would do as scum, but instead keep to myself until the night hit. Maybe you should blame Guardian for outing himself, I just happened to catch on to it is all.
If you took offense to my "Rusty?" comment, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to insult you, it was just a rhetorical flourish.

Seeing you do what I was doing made me realize how scummy it was. Realizing that I was engaging in an activity that was anti-town I posted my
mea culpa

I wasn't blaming you for outing Guardian, I was considering the possibility that you are scum with Guardian and outing him is part of a brilliant ploy to remove both of you from consideration as scum. If this is the case then he gets to role-claim without us wondering why he role-claimed, and after he investigates he gets to clear a scum partner.

You did nothing to address this accusation. Hey, it may only be a wild conjecture, but the way in which you used "If I were Mafia" as a counter-factual strikes me as being scummy.

Could someone more experienced analyse my hypothesis? I can't wrap my head around what the odds of if being true are.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:09 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Apology accepted.

I more or less didn't realize your concept of me and guardian being scum together until now, and it's not something that I really can defend consider the current situation. I could see it as a possiblity if I were you as well ... The only thing I can say is that I am in no way connected with Guardian, but you'd have to take my word on that, that's all I can say about that.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:10 pm

Post by Streeflo »

NanookTheWolf wrote:Oh and by the way Streeflo, since you've got me "fingered" and all. Don't you think I would know that there wasn't a night if I had a night choice to make?

Before returning to this site, the mass majority of games I played in that weren't newbie all started in the night, and for whatever reason I assumed that the same applied here, but obviously had forgotten that it didn't.

Again, me being an idiot.
Sorry for calling you an idiot (if I did).
I don't have you fingered, but this convenient reason to put a vote on me plus the fact you exposed a cop claim on the third page seems reason enough to keep my vote. Until further notice.
Adel wrote: I wasn't blaming you for outing Guardian, I was considering the possibility that you are scum with Guardian and outing him is part of a brilliant ploy to remove both of you from consideration as scum. If this is the case then he gets to role-claim without us wondering why he role-claimed, and after he investigates he gets to clear a scum partner.

You did nothing to address this accusation. Hey, it may only be a wild conjecture, but the way in which you used "If I were Mafia" as a counter-factual strikes me as being scummy.

Could someone more experienced analyse my hypothesis? I can't wrap my head around what the odds of if being true are.
I wouldn't go so far as to call myself experienced (or anything close for that matter), but I don't like to wrap my mind around risky gambits.
Anyway, Nanook's "If I were Mafia" counter-factual is WIFOM.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:15 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I never used the exact words "If I were mafia" just so you know. The lines you refer to are more of a reiteration of what Guardian said, but coming from me.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:35 pm

Post by Adel »

NanookTheWolf in post 78 wrote:I never used the exact words "If I were mafia" just so you know. The lines you refer to are more of a reiteration of what Guardian said, but coming from me.
NanookTheWolf in post 71 wrote:I made a mistake by exposing the cop, but honestly it's not something that I would do as scum, but instead keep to myself until the night hit.
So if you were scum you wouldn't out the cop, you would wait until night to wack him. That is the counter-factual I was referring to. It does meet the common definition of WIFOM.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:36 pm

Post by Streeflo »

NanookTheWolf wrote:I never used the exact words "If I were mafia" just so you know. The lines you refer to are more of a reiteration of what Guardian said, but coming from me.
Oh, sorry again. I didn't bother to check your exact words, just took Adel's quotations as the truth.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:50 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Adel wrote:
NanookTheWolf in post 78 wrote:I never used the exact words "If I were mafia" just so you know. The lines you refer to are more of a reiteration of what Guardian said, but coming from me.
NanookTheWolf in post 71 wrote:I made a mistake by exposing the cop, but honestly it's not something that I would do as scum, but instead keep to myself until the night hit.
So if you were scum you wouldn't out the cop, you would wait until night to wack him. That is the counter-factual I was referring to. It does meet the common definition of WIFOM.
Call it what you'd like, but I'm not taking back what I had said. I just want you to know that not all "WIFOM" is a scum tell, just so you know. I didn't come out of no where and say that, it was reiterating Guardian's words saying that town wouldn't point that out.

Trying to make myself look good here.

Any others have any comments on my obviously dumb move that I made? :roll:
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:14 pm

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

Sorry for not posting people, just got a ps3 :P It's well good

Anyway, I'll review the chat and do realitive posts after this...
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:20 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

NanookTheWolf wrote:
Adel wrote:
Call it what you'd like, but I'm not taking back what I had said. I just want you to know that not all "WIFOM" is a scum tell, just so you know. I didn't come out of no where and say that, it was reiterating Guardian's words saying that town wouldn't point that out.

Trying to make myself look good here.

Any others have any comments on my obviously dumb move that I made? :roll:
Dumb move, you mean the cop thing right? Then I have a comment.

To me it seems to me that your move makes you seem less suspicious because like you had said, scum would probably try to defend him today to remove a someone else, and out the cop tonight. Also, by announcing, like you said, it gives the doc the name of the cop to protect, if there is a doc. We don't know for sure there is one.

He could be scum bread crumbing to defend himself. We don't know for sure he is cop since he doesn't have any proof, and the only way we could obtain that is by investigating someone, and then we lynch him and find the investigation accurate.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:25 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

Sorry for double post, but I forgot my conclusion, which is that we can neither really say he is scummy or not just from this. If he ends up with more Scum tells then this could be used against him as him trying to prepare a defense, but he could also be telling the truth.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:45 pm

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

Hey everyone, sorry again, I was going to vote at the start somewhere but I had to close off quickly...
Anyway, I would like to bring this up...
Adel wrote:
NanookTheWolf wrote:
What's with the attack there Adel? First off just let me state that I don't care if you're a newbie or not .. It's not an excuse for ever being scummy as you put it. My vote was more out of confusion then it was tactful, and why do claim being scummy?

I made a mistake by exposing the cop, but honestly it's not something that I would do as scum, but instead keep to myself until the night hit. Maybe you should blame Guardian for outing himself, I just happened to catch on to it is all.
If you took offense to my "Rusty?" comment, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to insult you, it was just a rhetorical flourish.

Seeing you do what I was doing made me realize how scummy it was. Realizing that I was engaging in an activity that was anti-town I posted my
mea culpa

I wasn't blaming you for outing Guardian, I was considering the possibility that you are scum with Guardian and outing him is part of a brilliant ploy to remove both of you from consideration as scum. If this is the case then he gets to role-claim without us wondering why he role-claimed, and after he investigates he gets to clear a scum partner.

If he was mafia, he wouldn't agree (Guardian) because if he dies, he loses... Is that an honest sacrifice he wishes to make... Also, if something comes up on his NK (If there is one) then I have a suspicion...
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:11 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Someone give me a summary whats happening, because from what I see, apparently Nanooks in Trouble, and N-L is here.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:50 am

Post by Adel »

I was a fool. Guardian may be a cop exposed by Nanook who might be playing badly. Streeflo and I gave Nanook a hard time. YagamiLight affects an impartial perspective.
DogMom
DogMom
Goon
DogMom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:04 am

Post by DogMom »

Nekka-Lucifer wrote:Hey everyone, sorry again, I was going to vote at the start somewhere but I had to close off quickly...
Adel wrote:
NanookTheWolf wrote:

mea culpa

If he was mafia, he wouldn't agree (Guardian) because if he dies, he loses... Is that an honest sacrifice he wishes to make... Also, if something comes up on his NK (If there is one) then I have a suspicion...
Nekka, can you clarify what you're saying here? I'm getting that Guardian wouldn't agree with Nanook to set up the "cop" scenario if both of them were mafia because...um...if who dies what happens?

And may I ask what kind of suspicion you would have if there's a Night Kill? Honestly the only way I can understand your post here is to assume you meant
SerialKiller
instead of "mafia".

Maybe it's just because it's early on Monday Morning. I dunno.
[i]I am my dog's sock puppet.[/i]
DogMom
DogMom
Goon
DogMom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:05 am

Post by DogMom »

Gack. Forgot the rest.
Unvote: Adel

FoS: Nanook & Guardian
Not real sure what to make of all that yet.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:08 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

DogMom wrote:
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:Hey everyone, sorry again, I was going to vote at the start somewhere but I had to close off quickly...
Adel wrote:
NanookTheWolf wrote:

mea culpa

Nekka, can you clarify what you're saying here? I'm getting that Guardian wouldn't agree with Nanook to set up the "cop" scenario if both of them were mafia because...um...if who dies what happens?

And may I ask what kind of suspicion you would have if there's a Night Kill? Honestly the only way I can understand your post here is to assume you meant
SerialKiller
instead of "mafia".

Maybe it's just because it's early on Monday Morning. I dunno.
I think he meant NK, Like he's sure hes going to be Nk'ed..
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:27 am

Post by Adel »

Judging from the setup, we probably do no have a SK with us, right?

I think he meant that if Guardian (scum pretending to be cop) say he investigated Nanook (Guardian's scum buddy) Night 1 as is innocent, than if he dies (meaning either Nanook or Guardian, I can't tell) then we will know that both are scum & will win the game. . Instead of NK I think he meant "night choice"... I give up, I don't know what he meant.

Nekka-Lucifer: do you have a past restriction? Can you clarify your post, please? Are you a Serial Killer?
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:33 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

*Shiver* This is scary.. We do not know if there is an Sk or not...

There is 3 mafia though, it says that on the first post.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:45 am

Post by MeMe »

That indicates
no
SK to me.

Lovin' my vote.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:13 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

MeMe wrote:That indicates
no
SK to me.

Lovin' my vote.
Why are you loving your vote?
(and Im not asking because its on me, I masking because I wanna know)
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:14 am

Post by YagamiLight »

Adel wrote:I was a fool. Guardian may be a cop exposed by Nanook who might be playing badly. Streeflo and I gave Nanook a hard time. YagamiLight affects an impartial perspective.
I normally sound impartial because I look at the possibbilities I can see that seem most likley, but personally I'm seeing this as Guardian probably is cop, and Nanook is the one I"m looking at. I know I said scum would probably wait, but another possibbility is that he wants us to think he is townie by saying that he wouldn't do this if he were scum.
YogurtBandit wrote:*Shiver* This is scary.. We do not know if there is an Sk or not...

There is 3 mafia though, it says that on the first post.
I think we probably have no SK and it's probably like the C9 setup.
-Al Franken-
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:25 am

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

Ok, I meant Night thingee that mafia do... I will have suspicions, but I'm not going to say who and why YET (if I remember anyway) just because then it can be avoided or the obvious WIFOM

I meant.... If they are both scum, one would not claim cop because the other wanted to sacrifice themselves... If they die, they will not win the game in the end (I heard this from Xdaamno, not sure if it's totally correct (not about this game, just general discussion about Mafia)) Getting to the point, if one of them is scum (non cop) he will be lynched and the cop will be Night thingeed unless....(Will turn into WIFOM). OtOH (On the Other Hand) If the cop is mafia, claiming... (too many brackets....) the other guy may be lynched?... I dunno, there's not many possibilities (alot of i's :P) FINALLY, if they are cop and ?NEWB? townie, then 1 of them is probably gonna get Night somit or the other...
1 last one to confuse the mafia a little... The cop may be a vanilla townie claiming cop to waste the Night Vote of the mafia :P THERES SOMETHING HELPFUL (I hope)

*sigh*

One FINALDIPEEDAPEEDOSEY one... (lol) I don't see any hidden Docs :(
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
DogMom
DogMom
Goon
DogMom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:00 am

Post by DogMom »

OK, I think I got it. Yeah, I see where you're coming from now - that cop-claim-and-outing makes NO sense if they're both scum due to the lynch-factor. It also makes no sense to me because, while that sort of "breadcrumbing" is done, it's usually done as Guardian says - to support one's claim AFTER one has actually MADE a claim. Otherwise he's just opening himself up for the possibility of a NK.

I really dunno what to make of it all. I didn't see any of the "Cop breadcrumbs" at all, to be honest. I guess I just don't work that way. (Even though I've
left
breadcrumbs that way before...I just didn't think of looking for them here, and certainly not so early).

<Reread of Post #1>
Hey, YogurtBandit's right - there's indication of 3 scum in the opening post. And hopefully since Theo said that there's "3 looking sheepish" that means NO SK. There's something, anyway.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:23 am

Post by YagamiLight »

Nekka-Lucifer wrote:One FINALDIPEEDAPEEDOSEY one... (lol) I don't see any hidden Docs :(
Neither do I, but the purpose of breadcrumbing is to hide it for later when needed.
I think this is probably like a c9 setup like I said earlier, and we have 12 people. 3 are scum, so there are 9 townies. We have a pretty good chance that there is a doc out there listening, but if we don't then the cop will probably be NK'ed tonight or the next.
-Al Franken-
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:07 am

Post by MeMe »

Nekka -- I don't speak fluent flibbertigibbet, so if you could tone it down, I'd appreciate it (I'm pretty sure, from a glance at your posts elsewhere, that you are
able
to post non-confusingly or I'd not make the request). Or is that some kind of posting restriction?

YB -- I love my vote because I've got a big heart. And because I think it's currently in the best place possible. Now that I've responded to your question, I'd love to see you attempt to provide the examples for which I asked you earlier.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”