Mini 455 - Mafia in Theoville - Game Over who won?

YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:08 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

YagamiLight wrote:
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:One FINALDIPEEDAPEEDOSEY one... (lol) I don't see any hidden Docs :(
Neither do I, but the purpose of breadcrumbing is to hide it for later when needed.
I think this is probably like a c9 setup like I said earlier, and we have 12 people. 3 are scum, so there are 9 townies. We have a pretty good chance that there is a doc out there listening, but if we don't then the cop will probably be NK'ed tonight or the next.
There is always the possiblity of there being 2 Cops / 2 Docs.

Think. 3 Scum, 9 townies. 3 Scum, 1 Cop, 8 Townies. 3 Scum, 1 Cop, 1 Doc, 7 Townied. 3 Scum, 2 Cop, 1 Doc, 6 Townie. 3 Scum, 1 Cop, 2 Doc, 6 Townie. 3 Scum, 2 Cop, 2 Doc, 5 Townie. The chances that we have at least 1 Cop and 1 Doc are good, Assuming this is the way its setup ( It could also be like 3 Scum, 4 Cop, 0 Doc, 5 Townie, But I dont think so. )
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
DogMom
DogMom
Goon
DogMom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:09 am

Post by DogMom »

So, Nanook, exactly
why
did you "out" Guardian, anyway?
[i]I am my dog's sock puppet.[/i]
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:19 am

Post by Adel »

DogMom wrote:I really dunno what to make of it all. I didn't see any of the "Cop breadcrumbs" at all, to be honest.
I didn't either. That is what started my paranoia.
YogurtBandit wrote:Why are you loving your vote?
I'd guess Meme likes her vote because you aren't adding anything to the conversation. Like, "Hello Pot, I'm Kettle: you're black!" Or maybe she is psychic and you are scum.

I am now of the opinion that it would be better to give Guardian the benefit of the doubt for now. My whole scum-buddy thought is pretty improbable.
I was thinking about talking about other possible roles in this thread, and came to the conclusion that talking about what roles that may or may not be present on Day1 would help scum more than town. For better or worse we now have an unverified cop, a relative consensus that there isn't an SK, and my hunch that there may be a Godfather. There better be a Doc and he better not fall victim to a recursive logic bomb and protect a random townie rather than our (possible!) cop! We don't want to give scum any more ideas or point out any further clues to assist them in their NK.

If anyone else spots some bread-crumbs, for pete's sake leave them alone!
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:24 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Adel wrote:I'd guess Meme likes her vote because you aren't adding anything to the conversation. Like,
"Hello Pot, I'm Kettle: you're black!"
Or maybe she is psychic and you are scum.
*Does not get the joke*
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:50 am

Post by Adel »

I think her vote is based upon your actions not being very pro-town since you haven't added much.
If
that is her reasoning (I am not a mind reader) I am calling her a hypocrite because she hasn't added much either. Hence the joke. The dry joke. The unfunny joke. Oh well.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:25 am

Post by Streeflo »

I can't understand a single thing Nekka is trying to say in post 96.

Anyway Adel, it's now post 104. I'd like to hear what scumtells you found on Guardian that she talked about earlier.

I'm decidedly neutral on Guardian's cop "claim". I'll decide tomorrow when he gives his "investigation" results.

I don't like how the prior few posts have been trying to guess the game setup. It's always risky to play the game of outguess the mod, and it's taking us off track.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

Adel wrote:I think her vote is based upon your actions not being very pro-town since you haven't added much.
If
that is her reasoning (I am not a mind reader) I am calling her a hypocrite because she hasn't added much either. Hence the joke. The dry joke. The unfunny joke. Oh well.
Ah I get it. :P
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:10 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

I'm pretty sure Adel already explained her reasoning in post #68, page 3.

It seems pretty clear to me that Nanook and Guardian can't both be scum. I'm inclined to trust Guardian at the moment.

I will
unvote: ChaosOmega

and
vote: YogurtBandit

That said, I'd like to hear from ChaosOmega. I don't even remember the last post he made here.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:27 pm

Post by Adel »

ChaosOmega has posted twice for a total for three words. "Vote Nekka-Lucifer" in post #19 and "Random" in post 21.

WTF!

Vote:ChaosOmega
for the obvious reason.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by Adel »

Streeflo wrote:Anyway Adel, it's now post 104.
Is my post at #68 enough for you? In it I promised to explain more if asked to...
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

Adel wrote:ChaosOmega has posted twice for a total for three words. "Vote Nekka-Lucifer" in post #19 and "Random" in post 21.

WTF!

Vote:ChaosOmega
for the obvious reason.
Why the sudden jump on CO? You had never mentioned him before.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

I'll check the activity levels of a couple and send prods as neccessary. It's only been a couple of days but discussion has been so good wouldn't want anyone getting behind. On that note I'm delighted with the activity levels, seems the enforced deadlines are doing some good.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:58 pm

Post by Adel »

I hadn't noticed he wasn't posting before!
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:58 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

Adel wrote:ChaosOmega has posted twice for a total for three words. "Vote Nekka-Lucifer" in post #19 and "Random" in post 21.

WTF!

Vote:ChaosOmega for the obvious reason.
He hasn't voted much, but I don't think that warrants any votes, just a prod which the mod said he would, and intense questioning of some kind.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:01 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

ChaosOmega has been given a friendly prod
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by Adel »

He has a total of 19 game posts on mafiascum, and none since sat @7:30pm. So it is not as if he is posting in other games and just lurking in this one. Still, I'd like to see him catch up by posting, and leaving my vote where it is should help motivate that.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Oh, so your focus on the scumtell was Guardian making too big of a situation out of something small. Must have missed that part.

The fact that ChaosOmega hasn't posted since Sat 7:30 supports the fact that he hasn't had time to be online or lost interest, not the fact that he's lurking scum sneaking under our scumdars. Adel, you seem just a little overeager to vote ChaosOmega for that, but I'm assuming it was just a pressure vote?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:19 pm

Post by Guardian »

Hey, I just got back from Spain! I am slightly jet lagged from the eight and a half hour flight...

Nevertheless, some scattered thoughts:
theopor_COD wrote:
I'll check the activity levels of a couple and send prods as neccessary. It's only been a couple of days but discussion has been so good wouldn't want anyone getting behind. On that note I'm delighted with the activity levels, seems the enforced deadlines are doing some good.
Nah, it isn't the deadlines, it is me being in the game. Trust me on this ;).

On a darker note...

Does me being outed have a silver lining?

Well, I mostly think it sucks for many obvious reasons, but three positive things I could think of are:
We can discuss who my investigation target might be.
If a doc exists, then he does indeed know who to protect.
We have, imo, 2 very likely townies, a cop is likely in any setup and I am the cop (though I am not as of now confirmed) and Nanook from (albeit very foolishly imo) revealing my breadcrumbs and not just waiting to NK me.

Also, there are too many scum (and scummy townies) in this town for us to only have three mafia members. Yet, apparently we do have three and Theo's wording makes me strongly believe that there is no SerialKiller. This is exactly why I disagree with MeMe that townies have inherent townness, as dogs have inherent dogness...

Confirm Vote:
YB for following me when he had no reason to AND for suggesting that we have both two docs + two cops AND for ignoring MeMe's question AND for making spammy posts that try to appear townlike.

and a fistfull of
FOSs:
(roughly in order of worst to least bad)
Adel for the completely convoluted me + nanook scenario, AND for still not mentioning my supposed scum tell even when asked to repeatedly, AND for thinking voting someone who is not checking the site will make them post, AND for saying she thinks that the mafia has a godfather this early for no reason AND for assuming that me as a scum cop would not provide a true innocent result.
MeMe for not really posting much content. I appreciate that you wanted to explain that you missed Nanook outing me but posting "now that is interesting" doesn't really count as a post for me. And for telling YB you voted him because you had a big heart doesn't do much for me either. Also, asking about a post restriction in a mini normal?? Adel I understood, but you know better than that - you run the queue for heaven's sake!
DogMom for also having much words but not much content AND for FOS'ing me and Nanook, who I believe should seem most likely to be town at this point. Maybe it was just because you were tired, but FOS ing the claimed cop, and the almost sure townie who outed me, does verry little to make me think you are town.
Nekka for his incredibly hard to understand/accept post, even when I thought that I interpreted what he was trying to say correctly. His prior post, also, strikes me the wrong way.
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:If he was mafia, he wouldn't agree (Guardian) because if he dies, he loses... Is that an honest sacrifice he wishes to make... Also, if something comes up on his NK (If there is one) then I have a suspicion...
And a Finger of Slapping to Nanook for outing me AND then somehow blaming me for his using of my slightly WIFOM logic AND for blaming me for his outing of me, also for his claimed confusion about the day start of the game. I am very frustrated at Nanook and believe his posts and actions are not helping the town at all... but I think that his role must be town for my reason in my last post... Nanook, no hard feelings, I am not trying to personally attack you or put you down... but get in the game sir :D. I am disappoined because I am sure you are capable of better ;).

Even though it seems that he has a few too many scum buddies, I am still quite happy with my vote on YB... YB, please do answer MeMe's question, and start searching for scum if you are in fact town.

For your convenience:
MeMe wrote:
YogurtBandit wrote:Voting without saying anything is a Scumtell.
Really? Please back this up if you can.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:36 pm

Post by Nanosauromo »

I've been confused as to where this whole "cop roleclaim" thing came from, so I read back through the thread and found this, the post where it all began?
NanookTheWolf wrote:
Guardian wrote:
C
oultn't sleep at all, so I thought I'd post.
O
ften, ChaosOmega, new scum will just vote without saying anything, like you did.
P
eople might get suspicious of you for that (I am a wee bit); I think it's better to just say that your vote is random in the future so people don't have a reason to jump on. My 1/50 of a dollar ;).
Originally, I thought to myself that Guardian was completely foolish for doing such a thing on the first page of this game .. I don't know why people think it's a great Idea to claim something so early on, especially the supposed 'cop'.
Excuse me, but, WTF? It seems like Nanook is reading into things a bit
too
much. I still think Nanook and Gaurdian are both mafia. Nanook's "ousting" of Gaurdian as an important pro-town role (to help ensure his survival) ties into their voting together. Nanook's looking scummer by the minute. (Or hour, whatever.)
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:38 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Votecount 3.

YogurtBandit 3 - Guardian, MeMe, Erotomachia
NanookTheWolf 2 - Nanosauromo, Streeflo
ChaosOmega 2 - YogurtBandit, Adel
Nekka-Lucifer 1 - ChaosOmega

Not voting - Nekka-Lucifer, DogMom, YagamiLight, NanookTheWolf
7 to lynch - some 11 days, 8 hours to deadline.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:56 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Nanosauromo wrote:I've been confused as to where this whole "cop roleclaim" thing came from, so I read back through the thread and found this, the post where it all began?
NanookTheWolf wrote:
Guardian wrote:
C
O
ften, ChaosOmega, new scum will just vote without saying anything, like you did.
P
eople might get suspicious of you for that (I am a wee bit); I think it's better to just say that your vote is random in the future so people don't have a reason to jump on. My 1/50 of a dollar ;).
Originally, I thought to myself that Guardian was completely foolish for doing such a thing on the first page of this game .. I don't know why people think it's a great Idea to claim something so early on, especially the supposed 'cop'.
too
much. I still think Nanook and Gaurdian are both mafia. Nanook's "ousting" of Gaurdian as an important pro-town role (to help ensure his survival) ties into their voting together. Nanook's looking scummer by the minute. (Or hour, whatever.)
Actually this isn't all that uncommon. I've done it before, and so have others. It could easily be just scum preparing ahead of time of course.

Anyway, I now agree that Nanook could possibly be town. As others ahve stated, seeing a cop breadcrumb like that as scum, he would probably keep it a secret and save it for the NK. Exposing the cop just draws potential doc protection.

However, exposing the cop as town was still a really bad move.
I'll
Unvote;
for now, but IGMEOY. I still find it funny how he assumed the game started in Night, although in the rules clearly say Day Start.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:00 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

Nanosauromo wrote:I've been confused as to where this whole "cop roleclaim" thing came from, so I read back through the thread and found this, the post where it all began?
NanookTheWolf wrote:
Guardian wrote:
C
O
P
too
Yeah, Nanook did go a little overboard there. Its not something pepole would normally look at, Its almost as if they had planned it, but I think it could just be Nanook being creative. The way Nanook said that Guardian had claimed cop in that post is kind of weird, because he never actually claimed it.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:01 pm

Post by Guardian »

Could nanos possibly be a lyncher?? I don't think so, from post one... I don't understand the doggedness, though, with good reason to believe Nanook is town... Anyways, in case there was any doubt as to whether I was breadcrumbing:
Guardian, in his first post, wrote:
C
ome
o
n
p
eople, let's find the scum :).
Guardian, in a later post, wrote:but I did mean for it to apply to
C
haos
O
mega's
p
osts at the time.
Guardian, immediately before he was outed, wrote:Adel, Streeflo, YB, and MeMe are all attractive targets at this point.
vote: YB
for the
c
urious
O
mega
p
ush and for associating with me.
And for those unfamiliar with breadcrumbing, it is a tactic power roles can use that allows for them to claim more convincingly later in the game, by showing the other players that they are not just scum fakeclaiming by making up the role on the spot. In fairness, I suppose scum could theoretically breadcrumb a fake claim from the beginning of the game... I haven't read a game where that happened, but like I said I guess it could be done.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:06 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

DogMom wrote:So, Nanook, exactly
why
did you "out" Guardian, anyway?
NanookTheWolf wrote:
Unvote: Guardian

What's with the attack there Adel? First off just let me state that I don't care if you're a newbie or not .. It's not an excuse for ever being scummy as you put it. My vote was more out of confusion then it was tactful, and why do claim being scummy?

I voted for Guardian, b/c I thought Meme saw the same thing I did, and possibly was counter-claiming Guardian for it. Hence why I said .. You take your route, and I'll take mine bit. At the time I whole heartedly believed Guardian's role claim and thought he was trying to finger Streeflo as scum, obviously I was wrong and before it started becoming even more confusion placed on myself I figured I'd state the facts.

As to Guardian, Posting hidden clues in posts like that will grasp my attention .. not always, but some of the time yes. It's hard for me to keep my mouth shut on something like that, b/c I get the feeling that I'm not the only one who'd seen it which in this particular game is a bad thing. It's not a route that I personally would take for this reasoning. As you can see I totally blew your cover so to speak, yet at the same time if you are really the cop, then the doc knows whose best to protect tonight.

I went back on my theory regarding Meme's possible counter claim due to her just now unvoting.

Any of this making sense?

As for the rusty comment .. do you even know what it refers to Adel, or as to why Meme stated it. Please don't insult my playing skills, b/c I'll tell you now that, although usually fun, mafia is a game that practically anybody could get good at if the time is applied. I unfortunately play so as I have something else to do in my humbug life that is somewhat amusing.

I'm only defensive about your comments Adel b/c I'm not entirely sure why they were made or exactly what they prove. I made a mistake by exposing the cop, but honestly it's not something that I would do as scum, but instead keep to myself until the night hit. Maybe you should blame Guardian for outing himself, I just happened to catch on to it is all.
I exposed him basically b/c I had already made an ass of myself .. I thought others were onto the post as well for whatever reason. I was wrong and dumb in making the move that I had. I thought I already went through all of this with everyone ..

Streeflo, I agree with your last point, however I can't take it back now as much as I'd love to.

YogurtBandit, Guardian had claimed (spelled out sound better) cop more then once. I use the word claim loosely I guess, but I knew what I had meant see. :roll:
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:07 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Guardian wrote:Could nanos possibly be a lyncher?? I don't think so, from post one... I don't understand the doggedness, though, with good reason to believe Nanook is town... Anyways, in case there was any doubt as to whether I was breadcrumbing:
Guardian, in his first post, wrote:
C
ome
o
n
p
eople, let's find the scum :).
Guardian, in a later post, wrote:but I did mean for it to apply to
C
haos
O
mega's
p
osts at the time.
Guardian, immediately before he was outed, wrote:Adel, Streeflo, YB, and MeMe are all attractive targets at this point.
vote: YB
for the
c
urious
O
mega
p
ush and for associating with me.
And for those unfamiliar with breadcrumbing, it is a tactic power roles can use that allows for them to claim more convincingly later in the game, by showing the other players that they are not just scum fakeclaiming by making up the role on the spot. In fairness, I suppose scum could theoretically breadcrumb a fake claim from the beginning of the game... I haven't read a game where that happened, but like I said I guess it could be done.
Explain the doggedness bit to me, I'm a bit slow.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”