Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by Guardian »

Government Notice

Greetings, Citizens!

Welcome to the FSOCL! In our great nation, all citizens must be political candidates, and once you are running, the state mandates that you must be active in trying to win!

Some sneaky candidates have already aligned themselves with each other, but being in an underground political party greatly hampers the chances of minor party candidates winning. So, we sponsor nationwide debate and political primaries, to try and out the underhanded candidates! Elections are coming soon, so we mandate that this process goes quickly! You have about 4... or is it 6... or more near to 5 days - to complete the first part of this process - by that time one of you must have challenged another to the first primary! We know you are all new to this process, so we are giving you 10 days instead of the normal 8 for the first primary to be over. Well, get going folks! Your first deadline is sometime between 4 and 6 days away! This is your first Ultimatum!
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:37 am

Post by Guardian »

This is
a Government Notice
an NGR News Report!

Bzzzzzt! Pssssh. Bzzzz. Crackle.[/static]

Welcome, Citizens, to the first broadcast of the season here at National Government Radio! We at NGR are proud to serve you, the citizens of the FSOCL, by taking your tax dollars and turning them into commentary and updates on the yearly primaries. Our ratings have been slipping recently, due to an upstart new private radio station, that our associates in the government are trying to squash… But who cares really, as your taxes pay for everthing anyways – we have no incentive whatsoever to provide you with a useful service!

But enough of that! We maintain that we will bring you the most organized and meaningful overlay of the happenings throughout primary season. True to form, we applaud the pace at which national debate is occurring, and remind you of two important deadlines:

Deadline to Challenge: randomized moment between June 11th-12th
Deadline to Lynch: June 16th 23:59 EDT

Stay classy, FSOCL.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:27 am

Post by Guardian »

This is an NGR News Report!

Welcome, Citizens, to the second broadcast of the season here at National Government Radio! We know you all will be happy to know that we have quashed that competing station we told you about; we found their underground (literally) broadcasting station, and now have them on trial for seven counts of breaking up the government monopoly, including one count of plagiarism; they used the exact same deadline notice we did! With them out of the way, we should be able to bring you even better news coverage, less cluttered by trivial issues such as their insignificant little station.

True to form, we bring you up to the minute news that
Sparks
has challenged
dylan41985
to the first primary! We will bring you continued updates on this primary election, and continue to lead the radio waves with great industry standards such as always highlighting the challenger's name in red and the challengee's name in blue in primaries! Now that a challenge has occurred, you all must vote for whomever you believe to be the more worthy candidate of the two - the candidate you want to keep in the FSOCL! And remember, citizens, once you vote your vote is
final
- there is no place for unvoting in the FSOCL. All of you have a duty to vote by the end of June 16th!

Deadline to Vote: June 16th 23:59 EDT

NGR, proudly signing out!
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:22 pm

Post by Guardian »

prods have been sent out to those who have not posted after the challenge, according to our prod schedule.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:52 am

Post by Guardian »

Deadline to Challenge: Sparks challenged dylan41985
Deadline to Lynch: June 16th 23:59 EDT

Welcome, Citizens, to National Government Radio! We lost our court battle with that underground radio station, but will let you know we have them up on appeal, and our request that the grievances be corruptly handled in our favor will surely be heard, if it makes it's way through the corrupt government bureaucracy...

Also, if we get around to it, a poll will be added to our website... when we make our website... to prove once and for all that you prefer our network to any non government operated one. Voting in that online opinion poll will, of course, be mandatory - just as voting in the first primary is mandatory! This is how things stand right now:

Votes for Support

Sparks
(3): mneme, The Fonz, VanDamien
dylan41985
(3): DanMonkey, Mr Stoofer, SpinWizard

Still to vote (4): Carrotcake, DeanWinchester, Stewie, Yosarian2

Please remember that you cannot unvote and you must vote before deadline or you will be modkilled.

NGR, proudly signing out!
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:21 pm

Post by Guardian »

Several players have been prodded according to our prod schedule. We are still searching for a replacement for DanMonkey...

Reminder:

Deadline to Challenge: randomized moment between June 20th-21st
Deadline to Lynch: June 24th 23:59 EDT
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:42 am

Post by Guardian »

Reminder:

Deadline to Challenge: randomized moment between June 20th-21st
Deadline to Lynch: June 24th 23:59 EDT

Those damn underground radio stations blatantly violated monopoly-protection law in their last broadcast by breaking Carrotcake's story before we did. Don't worry, we will give them hell for this, and make sure we continue to give you updated coverage on all relevant issues.

We wanted to let you know that the orphans of the USSPSSSC enjoyed feasting on the frosting filled Carrotcake, and one child actually registered as obese after the feast, a proud accomplishment for their starving nation. This shows once again how our corrupt and evil government can have a kind and helpful influence on the rest of the world.

As for you who choose to live
here
, though... Let us just say that the demands and expectations are high, and Carrotcake's end is nothing compared to what is to come.

Speaking of high expectations, one of you apparently could not meet them, and is being replaced by a worthier citizen:

Battle Mage replaces DanMonkey, effective immediately!

Citizens, welcome him and thank him for his willingness to join our country and eagerness to serve.

That's all the new for today, NGR out!
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:01 am

Post by Guardian »

Government Notice

Battle Mage has challenged VanDamien.

The other eight of you must vote on who
you want to survive the debate
. Please vote for you want to win and remain in the game.

Deadline for all votes is: 23:59 EDT 24th of June.

Everyone must vote and you cannot unvote.
Please do not "confirm" your vote. You get one chance to vote, and that is it. Failure to vote will result in modkill. There will be no replacements until someone is lynched.

Whoever receives fewer votes will be lynched. Tie votes will result in the last vote being subtracted. A simple plurality of votes will lead to one person being saved.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:44 am

Post by Guardian »

You see on a gigantic government billboard:

Deadline to Lynch - 23:59 EDT 24 June 2007

Votes to Save

Battle Mage
(1) - Albert B. Rampage
VanDamien
(5) - mneme, The Fonz, Mr Stoofer, dylan41985, Stewie

With 8 voters total, the first to four is saved! Failing to vote will result in modkill.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:59 am

Post by Guardian »

Rule clarification
: At deadline, the last user to post will be forced to challenge. If they left a name of who to challenge, they will automatically challenge that person. If they left no name of who to challenge, they will have 36 hours to submit a challenge or be modkilled.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:05 am

Post by Guardian »

I will consult with pabs on this, but I believe that if an auto-challenger fails to challenge within 36 hours, they lose that primary and a new cycle begins.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (isolation #11) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:41 am

Post by Guardian »

NGR News Report

Hey Citizens! Our funding has been cut, as an unexpected consequence of people being voted out of the FSOCL is that income from tax dollars goes down... Don't worry, we've sent in a few bribes with what little funding we have, and should be back with some regularity when the politicians get around to raising your taxes. One thing funding has not been cut from, even though it had not yet been employed, is the primary challenge timer. And it has just gone off! That's right citizens, the least vocal among you will now be forced to challenge!

Game Status: Cycle 3 (began 22nd June 0:01)
Randomized Deadline to Challenge: 6/25/07 1:39 P.M.
Least recent to post:
dylan41985

Deadline for dylan41985 to declare Challengee: 6/27/07 1:39 A.M.
Deadline to Lynch: 23:59 29th of June
All times EDT.

Good luck in the primaries citizens. NGR signing out!

mod edit: Fixed times for you Stewie, also noting that if dylan does not name an opponent via posting in the thread or by PM if necessary, he will be modkilled at 6/27 1:39 am which is 36 hrs post deadline. Also noting that such a modkill would end the cycle.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:41 pm

Post by Guardian »

The following data fills your mind... it's one of those annoying Government mind-reading telepathy communiques!

Game Status: Cycle 3 (began 22nd June 0:01)
Deadline to Lynch: 23:59 29th of June

Challenger:
dylan41985

Challengee:
Stewie
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:42 pm

Post by Guardian »

Damn they're everywhere

You see the following on the back of your cereal box as you eat breakfast at the government cafeteria in the morning:

Game Status: Cycle 3
Deadline to Lynch - 23:59 EDT 29 June 2007

Votes to Save

dylan41985
(0) -
Stewie
(5) - mneme, DeanWinchester, Albert B. Rampage, Mr Stoofer, Yosarian2

With 7 voters total, the first to four is saved! Failing to vote will result in modkill.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (isolation #14) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:41 am

Post by Guardian »

NGR News Report

Citizens, we regret to inform you that NGR has been, at least temporarily, shut down. Our office will be closed all of next week at the least, as the government carefully considers what programs to restore funding to. We thank you for your dedicated viewership, and sincerely hope to return to serving you once the final budget comes out. We hate to think what would happen to you should underground radio become your only source of news...

Our last act as a station will be to remind you of the following:

Game Status: Cycle 4
Deadline to Challenge: Sometime between the 3rd and 4th of July (no exceptions for the American holiday)
Deadline to Lynch - 23:59 EDT 7 July 2007

We earnestly hope that we have been of some service, and we encourage you to write your congressmen asking them to continue funding our station.

This is NGR, sadly signing out.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:45 pm

Post by Guardian »

NUGGI AIR News Report

Hey. National Under-Ground Greatly Illicit and Illegal Radio reporting... We mostly are the former employees of NGR, the government didn't provide us with funding -- apparently you didn't
write your congressmen
! If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, we guess. We are really saddened that not one of you cried out in protest at our radio station's death... you all live very busy lives though. We will continue functioning in this capacity however, always your dedicated correspondents.... O SNAP! They're breaking down the door, fourth time since we've set up we've had to get out quick. To hell with the government!

We had a lot of new to give you about the employment of the previous FSOCL candidates, and some secrets about the degree of corruption in the government, but for now, we've got to go!

All we have time for is to remind you of this:

Game Status: Cycle 5
Deadline to Lynch - 23:59 EDT 15 July 2007

Votes to Save

The Fonz
(0) -
Mr Stoofer
(0) -

First to three will win the primary!

NUGGI AIR, signing out; gone for now -- but hopefully not forgotten! Keep us in your hearts and prayers!
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (isolation #16) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:04 am

Post by Guardian »

I'm going to let Pablito wrap things up officially, so no major comments from me yet -- but one tidbit I will leave behind:

Stoofer pre-sent a "challenge Yos2" request. FYI.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by Guardian »

Congratulations to the Conservatives. Thanks to all for playing!

Thanks especially to pablito for bringing me into this, and for letting me have such significant contributions! Everything you saw in this game we pre-planned together, or at the very least he explained to me. Pabs and I discussed the two radio station flavor, the vote counts, the red and blue, the randomized challenges, the vote for who to save, the no unvoting, anything and everything was a team effort. That being said, all credit to pablito -- he runs games well, that one ;).

I don't think I'm going to make a habit of giving "slops" when modding, but some props, definitely:

The Fonz -- mvp in my eyes. The challenge today was crucial. Well done! Scummy?
Yos2 -- nice hammer day four, and I like how you managed to slip under the radar after doing so.
Albert -- nice distancing today. Also, you the first person to win when challenging. Well done.
Van Damien -- Surviving so long and voting quite impressively, imo, was an accomplishment after you partners slacked on you day one. In a 1-1-1 situation, if I was town I would definitely have thrown the game to you :D.
Mr Stoofer: being out of town was very unlucky :(. You were on the right track many times.

Comments/suggestions for this setup and for modding in general are extremely welcome. It was a blast guys!
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (isolation #18) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:40 am

Post by Guardian »

By the way, I hate you all for not writing your congressmen to give NGR more funding. Not one person wrote their congressman. You
can
could have
made a difference :(.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (isolation #19) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:02 am

Post by Guardian »

Yosarian2 wrote:Hehehe...yeah, now that the conservatives have taken over, they'll probably cut NGR's budget. :(
:hate:
Do not lynch me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”