Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:17 am

Post by Stewie »

Goddamit. The Fonz had me fooled. It was a good play to go after stoofer in your part, since he isn't there and albert defending him all the time made him scummier, since I believed fonz was town.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:02 am

Post by The Fonz »

We'd have won had I not challenged him, and Stoof's absense led to modkill anyway. I just thought that would be a bit boring and anticlimatic.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:04 am

Post by Guardian »

I'm going to let Pablito wrap things up officially, so no major comments from me yet -- but one tidbit I will leave behind:

Stoofer pre-sent a "challenge Yos2" request. FYI.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:07 am

Post by The Fonz »

Oooh, interesting. I think Yos would have won that one, but it's a hypothetical anyway.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:51 am

Post by Stewie »

I'll just say the two things that screwed me over:

1. the whole sparks thing confused the shit out of me, then there was the BM thing and then dylan. I didn't feel that we gained any valuable information on any of those lynches.
2. The mneme lynch really screwed with my scum-meter. I thought it should have been a sweep, as dylan's challenge on me was, and my immediate reaction was to think that Albert and everone who voted to save him was scum. The two people who were doing it backwards were the two people who had the primary, so while it was an easy choice to make it was also the wrong choice.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:00 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Stewie wrote:Goddamit. The Fonz had me fooled. It was a good play to go after stoofer in your part, since he isn't there and albert defending him all the time made him scummier, since I believed fonz was town.
I defended Stoofer
after
Fonz went after him, just to make it clear. All in all, good game.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:04 am

Post by The Fonz »

VanDamien's vote for Albert was a Godsend, from a scum perspective. There was no way I could have voted ABR without giving us away.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:07 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah...I could have figured out a better reason to vote for mneme if he had just been around to post and respond to stuff, lol.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:09 am

^

lol overconfidence

Its the first time I've been paired with a team this strong, and I've surprisingly enjoyed this game a lot more than I expected.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:19 am

Post by pablito »

Game Status: Cycle 5
Deadline to Lynch - 23:59 EDT 15 July 2007

Votes to Save

The Fonz
(4) - DeanWinchester, Stewie, Albert B. Rampage, Yosarian2
Mr Stoofer
(0) -

First to three will win the primary!

Still waiting on VanDamien to vote before deadline.
Last edited by pablito on Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sup, later.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:54 am

Post by VanDamien »

Well, not that it matters, but
Vote: Mr Stoofer
Fnord is the whole donut.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:55 am

Post by The Fonz »

Not that it matters, but could you bold that?
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:42 am

Post by VanDamien »

Bah!
Vote:Mr Stoofer
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:57 am

Post by DeanWinchester »

I'm going to go cry in a corner.

Crap the room is circular.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:44 pm

Post by pablito »

Final Vote Count

The Fonz
(4) - DeanWinchester, Stewie, Albert B. Rampage, Yosarian2
Mr Stoofer
(1) - VanDamien

With four votes out of five cast, The Fonz has won the fifth debate in this election season. Newspapers reported that the extremely one sided debate was awkward and misfocused. After each question on the major issues such as health care, education and taxes, minor party candidate Mr Stoofer of the Clint Eastwood party kept switching the subject to his party's singular platform of increasing funding into research of improving plastic bags to be able to contain organic sources of light. Audience members were extremely confused but impressed when after being asked "What can your political party do for the country on the issue of hiring more history teachers for the school?" Mr Stoofer began "History won't be an important subject in the education system if we can't innovate new sources of technology today. And speaking of science innovation, we should try to figure out what exactly we can do on the issue of how I can have sunshine in a bag..." It appears that FSOCL voters eventually tired of the routine and handily gave the primary over to The Fonz.

With only six candidates left in the primary season in the Federated States of Organized Crime and Lycanthropes, it became evident that the voters were clearly behind the conservative party. With three conservatives surviving in the primary season against one liberal candidate and two minor party candidates, the rest of the primary did not make a difference as the conservatives could no longer lose the election. But conservatives as they normally are impatient for the primary season to end, decided to take things in their own hands.

Albert B. Rampage paid off a disc jockey at NUGGI AIR to spread rumours about Stewie calling a fetish hotline about placing light bulbs in nether orifices in the body. Upon the news breaking, Stewie, of the Kill Lois minor political party, dropped out of the election. Simultaneously, Yosarian2 managed to scare minor party candidate DeanWinchester of the Supernatural Fan Club Party out of the race. Yosarian2 dressed up as a demon and hid in DeanWinchester's bedroom. The next morning, DeanWinchester went into isolation in his car and thus dropped out of the election. Finally, The Fonz paid a hit man to run up to VanDamien after figure skating practice and strike VanDamien's knee. However, the hit man failed and VanDamien went home scot-free. Nonetheless, VanDamien felt extremely outnumbered and did not feel like keeping up the charade and officially dropped out of the election as well.

Only the Conservative Mafia (Albert B. Rampage, Yosarian2, and The Fonz) remain and thus have won the game!

Night choices and role PMs will not follow.

Please give feedback on the setup, mechanics and rules. There were heavy discussions between Guardian on I on certain things we weren't sure about such as the randomized deadline, the eight-day cycle, no replacements in the voting phase, the idea about "confirming votes", voting to save vs. voting to lynch, the challenge limit rules, etc. I am sure you guys have comments.

Also, if this setup were to run again, what changes do you think should be made? Or if applicable, do you think this setup should not be run again?

Again, congratulations to the Conservative Mafia for winning!
Sup, later.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:53 pm

Albert B. Rampage for mayor!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by Guardian »

Congratulations to the Conservatives. Thanks to all for playing!

Thanks especially to pablito for bringing me into this, and for letting me have such significant contributions! Everything you saw in this game we pre-planned together, or at the very least he explained to me. Pabs and I discussed the two radio station flavor, the vote counts, the red and blue, the randomized challenges, the vote for who to save, the no unvoting, anything and everything was a team effort. That being said, all credit to pablito -- he runs games well, that one ;).

I don't think I'm going to make a habit of giving "slops" when modding, but some props, definitely:

The Fonz -- mvp in my eyes. The challenge today was crucial. Well done! Scummy?
Yos2 -- nice hammer day four, and I like how you managed to slip under the radar after doing so.
Albert -- nice distancing today. Also, you the first person to win when challenging. Well done.
Van Damien -- Surviving so long and voting quite impressively, imo, was an accomplishment after you partners slacked on you day one. In a 1-1-1 situation, if I was town I would definitely have thrown the game to you :D.
Mr Stoofer: being out of town was very unlucky :(. You were on the right track many times.

Comments/suggestions for this setup and for modding in general are extremely welcome. It was a blast guys!
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:56 pm

Post by pablito »

In case you need it:

Liberals = Sparks, Carrotcake, VanDamien
Conservatives = Albert B. Rampage, Yosarian2, The Fonz
Minor Party Candidates = Battle Mage, DeanWinchester, dylan41985, mneme, Mr Stoofer, Stewie
Sup, later.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:54 pm

First page needs to be edited to have only conservatives alive :P

Hey what were the reasoning behind some of the rules ? No unvoting, strict randomized deadline, etc.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:39 pm

Post by VanDamien »

Guardian wrote: Van Damien -- Surviving so long and voting quite impressively, imo, was an accomplishment after you partners slacked on you day one. In a 1-1-1 situation, if I was town I would definitely have thrown the game to you :D.
Props to the Cons, you played well - but the above situation was exactly what I was hoping for when I came out, so yes, in a way, I was playing the only tactic I had left at my disposal, that if we got to a prisoner's dilemma the town would give the game to someone who had admitted to being scummy very early. Gotta give it to Albert, there, because it was headed in exactly the right direction until I became convinced he was town.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:58 pm

Post by pablito »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:First page needs to be edited to have only conservatives alive :P

Hey what were the reasoning behind some of the rules ? No unvoting, strict randomized deadline, etc.
At end of game, I clean the first post in case someone wants to read without being spoiled.

No unvoting was because the game was about the challenge, you either choose one person or the other and you stick with it. I thought that game could easily be manipulated by scum if there were unvoting in a challenge situation. Scum bussing had to be more concrete and less wishy-washy.

Strict deadlines was because I thought the game could quickly turn into Bad Idea II again where discussion was little and the town frequently tried to get one specific person to challenge another person and waited ages until it happened. With deadlines preset, I hoped that the game couldn't be all about the town forcing one person to challenge a second person. I hoped that it would make people have to take more unilateral decision making rather than trying to wait for a full consensus.

Also, as stated before, Mr Stoofer sent in his challenge for Yos and thus would not have been modkilled unless someone decided to challenge someone other than Mr Stoofer (and he had not come back in time to vote). The deadline for challenge in cycle 5 was about 11:52 am, so The Fonz beat the Stoof vs. Yos possibility by quite a few hours.
Sup, later.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:29 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

I liked the game. Quite a well-designed game of speed mafia. The "vote or die" thing was perhaps a little overly harsh, but it worked. All in all, a great game, thanks mods.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:51 am

Post by Battle Mage »

the game setup itself was great, but i felt our performance was abominable. I think we lost because some people read too much into the difference in gameplay, and decided to lynch solely for reasons based on that, rather than actually striving to lynch the most likely to be scum. I was onto Yos before i died which was nice, but i would've said both Albert and The Fonz looked protown when compared with some others. good play all in all by the Conservatives, i just wish we'd given you more of a run for your money. :p
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:57 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Heh...it's funny, BM, but I would say my actions on the day you were lynched were just about exactally what they would have been in I was town. There were some points of the game where I did act scummy, but I don't think that was one of them.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”